TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (May)

Options

Replies

• jmalderman
    jmalderman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday night y’all! Very late for me but I figured I would get my post in before I went to bed (way past my normal bed time 😆).

Friday weigh in: 130

Mini challenges for 5/1
    I am on a fabulous roll!
    Tracking- yes
    Within calories- yes
    Exercise- yes
    Steps- 10,148

Hope you all have a great weekend! My goal is to keep my mini challenge goals this weekend; always hard for me on the weekends!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Fri, May1st:
    YesDay
    Tracking: Yes
    UnderCalories: Yes; +30
    Exercise(20min): Yes
    Water: 70oz
    Steps: 7761
    DailyGoals CountOff:
    MUAC: 6 of 6days
    Water Intake: 6 of 6days
    Steps: 3 of 6days
    IntrmttntFast16:8: 2 of 6days
    MFP 5week prediction: 147.7
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel Posts: 10,891 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Fri 1st May
    Tracked:
    No
    Under: ?
    Exercise: Yes (4 mile walk)
    Water: 16oz
    Steps: 12,236

My hubby made his extremely delicious, homemade Chinese chicken fried rice with curry sauce last night. I went on the scale (of doom) this morning, to witness the damage of the sodium and carbs and the scale is up. I weigh in tomorrow (Sunday) so am hoping that it will be gone and I will maintain this week. :grimace:
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    5/1/2020
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: No
    Exercise: No 😬
    Water: 96.9
    Steps: 4,049

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✖
    21 Day Fix: ✖
    Prepared Lunch? ✔
    Only 1 Snack after dinner? ✔
    Yoga? ✖

I need to do better today! I ended up working on a puzzle yesterday, and completely lost track of time! I am going to either do both cardio fix (day 4) and dirty 30(day 5) so that I remain on track! I am pretty disappointed that I skipped something I was remaining pretty consistent with! I also have been over calories by 3-500 the last two days. Today will be different!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    My goal for the weekend is to get back into reporting my MUAC. I’ve actually been pretty good about meeting my goals - but not actually typing the results. But I’ll start today. Later today 😄
  • Krysless2
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Week1 Weigh-in
    Username: Krysless2
    Weigh in day: Sat, May2nd
    Current week's weight:
    154.9lbs
    I can see that I'm going to have to work harder then ever before if I'm going to make it past the 150s. Im feeling a bit of that same pressure that I felt that led me to step away from TBBT last year. The good news is I was never this vocal or "present" in the group as I am now. So I hope I can keep this up!

MaySW: 156
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    jmalderman wrote: »
    Happy Friday night y’all! Very late for me but I figured I would get my post in before I went to bed (way past my normal bed time 😆).

Friday weigh in: 130

Mini challenges for 5/1
    I am on a fabulous roll!
    Tracking- yes
    Within calories- yes
    Exercise- yes
    Steps- 10,148

Hope you all have a great weekend! My goal is to keep my mini challenge goals this weekend; always hard for me on the weekends!

@jmalderman Great start to the first day of May! Keep up the amazing work through the weekend! :)

Also, did I miss your post for 4/30? I was updating steps for the spreadsheet and didnt see any for that day... :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    My goal for the weekend is to get back into reporting my MUAC. I’ve actually been pretty good about meeting my goals - but not actually typing the results. But I’ll start today. Later today 😄

@simbersea you've got this! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Week1 Weigh-in
    Current week's weight:
    154.9lbs
    I can see that I'm going to have to work harder then ever before if I'm going to make it past the 150s. Im feeling a bit of that same pressure that I felt that led me to step away from TBBT last year. The good news is I was never this vocal or "present" in the group as I am now. So I hope I can keep this up!

@Krysless2 you've got this! A great weigh in to start the month! You can keep this up, just don't give yourself a hard time if things don't go as expected every week. You have been remaining very accountable, and doing all the right things!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Weekends are always hard because we always make big lunches and desserts. But I am trying to not let that be an excuse. I also tend not to track. But I am so happy that I turned my weight gain around, I am motivated to keep working toward moving down the scale.

@brandi_84 I can totally relate to the weekends! I was so happy to see your weigh in this week! Things are moving in the right direction! Keep up the awesome work, and try your best this weekend! :)
  • GuessimGryffindor
    GuessimGryffindor Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    GuessimGryffindor
    Week
    Saturday 05/02/2020
    PW 244
    TW 239

Keep on rollin rollin rollin!
  • Krysless2
    edited May 2020
    Options
    May 1
    Changing weigh in day to Friday
    PW - 170
    CW- 167.5

Your name fell off the spreadsheet when they moved from April to May. If there is two missing weights the coordinators won't roll you over to the new month. I would say "lets just ask them to add you back as an exception?" but I do believe they are struggling to respond to Christine's requests as of lately. ( @cmhubbard92 ; what do you think? )
  • Krysless2
    edited May 2020
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Weekends are always hard because we always make big lunches and desserts. But I am trying to not let that be an excuse. I also tend not to track. But I am so happy that I turned my weight gain around, I am motivated to keep working toward moving down the scale.

I have the same problem; I'm suggesting you push back your eating start time with me! That's the only thing that helps me on the weekends(and I still go over by 1k+ calories sometime)
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Sun 4/26
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 29 min stretching
    Water: 72oz

Mon 4/27
    Exercise: 43min total body strength and hiit
    Water: 96oz

Tue 4/28
    Exercise: 37min core and cardio

Wed 4/29
    Exercise: 47min hiit and strength

Thurs 4/30
    Exercise: 39min core and cardio

Fri 5/1
    Exercise: 38min strength and hiit

Username: thedestar
    Weigh In Week: May- week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's weight: 171.0
    Todays Weight: 170.5

Super discouraged. I feel like I've been doing everything right, but I canNOT get out of the 170s 😥
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Richmondwriter weigh-in for 5/2/20:
    PW: 142.6
    CW: 142.8

Not heading in the right direction...But, let's go new month!
  • Krysless2
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Scale Check! (please don't fret or be embarrassed to post if the scale went up on you... Ultimately we are all here to hold ourselves accountable as individual people!😊) With that being said, we are missing the following weigh-ins:

@petrocoetsee - Monday
    @smithbonnielouise740 - Monday

@Fathima0712 - Wednesday
    @cmhubbard92 - Friday
    @kimmy5280 - Friday

Today is Saturday guys and since each week runs from Sunday-Saturday today is the last day of Week1!
    This is whos up to bat today for Saturday weigh-in's:

@LMK02020
    @loll02

Week2 is rushing in upon us and starts tomorrow!
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Week1 Weigh-in
    Current week's weight:
    154.9lbs

@Krysless2 you've got this! A great weigh in to start the month! You can keep this up, just don't give yourself a hard time if things don't go as expected every week. You have been remaining very accountable, and doing all the right things!

Thank you, Christine! <3
  • Krysless2
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Sun 4/26
    Exercise: 29 min stretching

Mon 4/27
    Exercise: 43min total body strength and hiit

Tue 4/28
    Exercise: 37min core and cardio

Wed 4/29
    Exercise: 47min hiit and strength

Thurs 4/30
    Exercise: 39min core and cardio

Fri 5/1
    Exercise: 38min strength and hiit

Username: thedestar
    Weigh In Week: May- week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's weight: 171.0
    Todays Weight: 170.5

Super discouraged. I feel like I've been doing everything right, but I canNOT get out of the 170s 😥

Dont be!! Maybe now's the time to look ahead at the new week coming and tweak your plan; here are my thoughts(from my past experiences with plateaus and suggestions that could help) -Look at your sodium over the past week(thats whats great about MFP);
    -Switch up your exercise(your body may be getting used to the same routine);
    and most importantly,
    -You might not be hitting the "under calorie" goal as much as you might think! Especially if you are entering your exercises manually(a fitbit helped me with this substantially)

However, Even if you continue on this steady path you are on, it looks like you will be closer to 160 then you will be 170 by end of June! So as Dory might say: Just keep Swimming!!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    5/2/2020
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 100
    Steps: 12,841

Goals:
    9,000+ steps? ✔
    21 Day Fix: ✖
    Prepared Lunch? ✔
    Only 1 Snack after dinner? ✔
    Yoga? ✖
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    5/1
    Logged:yes
    Under: no
    Water: yes
    Exercise: yes (walking, pickleball, golf)
    Steps: 21,789

5/2
    Logged:yes
    Under: yes
    Water: yes
    Exercise: yes (walking, biking, golf)
    Steps: 10,302 so far
This discussion has been closed.