WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    jguldi11 wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »
    @jugar or @micki48 my steps for 5/5: 6,611
    I also did a Zumba workout on the Wii, which really made me miss the real thing. Can't wait for the quarantine to be over!
    If you tell us how many minutes of Zumba, I can add that to your count for the day! Any intentional exercise can be tracked for your daily count, so just post how many minutes and it will be done :smiley:

Question - I wear my Fitbit during my workouts so it already tracks my exercise steps. Wouldn't that be double dipping to also count the workout minutes in that case?
    Great question! I don't do exercise that is counted as steps, so it is easy to keep the two separate. On your tracker, can you override the automatic and separate the "workout" part from the stepping? Or take it off while you do zumba and that way you get the 150 steps per minute (or whatever the conversion amount is for zumba - I have to look it up!) for that part of your exercise? Let me know what you think.
  • jugar
    Welp, I am SOOO not happy right now. I have not had sweets in 7 days I have worked out almost everyday this month except 2 andddd my scale said I gained 11 pounds??? Not sure how that is even possible butt I guess extra work this week??.. I have NEVER had a gain of 11 pounds in 1 week!! 🤬🙄🤦🏻‍♀️

Has anyone ever had this issue with a Smart scale? It’s the under armour one. A few weeks ago I had a 9 pound loss and now this. Seriously wondering if my scale is really just off and that 9 pound loss never really happened???

PW 156.8
    CW 167.8
    I have to admit, this is seriously weird. 9 pounds loss, then 11 pounds gain??? Granted, you might be adding some muscle as you lose fat, and holding extra water to fill those muscles as they develop, but this seems excessive. Have you checked if it is on a really level surface, that it is zeroed out properly, etc.? I know mine is very cranky about having one foot on a crack between tiles or anything like that. Move it around and see if it gets better. Or replace the batteries. You can correct your weight tomorrow morning if any of this helps!
  • jugar
    @jugar would it be possible to move my weigh-in to Monday this next week? I'm going to be out of cell phone range and have no internet access over the weekend.
    No problem! Have a fantastic time out in the wilderness.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    @SMcFall0215 I jumped up 6 pounds on Monday and today I'm down 7, so never underestimate the intensity of water retention fluctuations. Make sure you're weighing naked or very lightly dressed and always at the same time of day, ideally morning before you eat anything and after you pee.

Even so, those numbers are pretty bug. I do feel like your scale may be glitchy. Do you have some weights or kilo bags of flour you can test it with? See if moving it around makes it change numbers even with known weights.

My old scale was like that. 3 to 4 pound difference if moved slightly right or left. Very annoying.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Friday weigh-in:
    PW 186.6
    CW 185.4 :)
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    PW 153.4
    CW 153.4

@jugar I took a few days off of Barre and pretty sure that is why my knee was feeling wierd. I almost think I pulled a muscle around it. It feel better today.
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 757 Member
    @Steph1498 I love my Garmin 35. Affordable on Amazon. I only wear it for workouts because I don't want to slam it on anything. I may try to buy another one when Black Friday time comes around.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Steps yesterday were 6119. I really struggled with today's workout and only managed 3 rounds of my circuit. So after a 2 minute warm up, I did 3 rounds of 1 minute each: Alternate lunge jumps, Mountain climbers, Froggers, Jab to upper cut and Squat Jacks. Altogether a slow day for me.
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    @Terytha @jugar thanks for the input.. I put a 10 pound weight on there and it didn’t read it correct I stood on the scale holding the 10 pound weight and I was 7 pounds lighter than this morning hahaha it just don’t make sense... I changed the battery 2 weeks ago. I’ll step on it in the morning and see what happens.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    @jugar I'll try the steppers for May -
    Mon 3327
    Tue 8508
    Wed 9539
    Thurs 9919

My sister came over today and helped boot me into gear to start some body work - a lower body workout today and tomorrow I'll do upper body. Only about 20-30 minutes and that's fine for me - I can manage to squeeze that it.
    Got lots of steps in today - had to put all the houseplants that I'd brought outside into the garage for the weekend - going to be cold and for us to have even a little snow at this time in May is unusual.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    @SMcFall0215 I think your scale is broken or evil and just messing around with you! Yikes, I don't think I could handle all the drama.

@steph1498 I'm with @deniners2 I have a garmin HR and I have it on good authority I'm getting a garmin vivoactive 4s for mothers day. I love them and they are super stylish with many looking like actual watches. I'm not a fan of the square faces personally. But aside from the looks, they have really nice features.

@eggfreak Hope you find some body work that you like. I know it took me a really long time to find stuff I liked. Hopefully you will get it quicker than I did.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all your good wishes. I really appreciate it. Still not 100% yet, but wanted to check in real quick. As I try to get my brain feeling normal again (is that even possible? :p:D ) I am still trying to limit my screen time. I think I will try to get back to logging my food tomorrow if I feel ok. I need to. Although, food is getting scarce here since I haven't been shopping in a few weeks. I think I might need to go tomorrow.

I really miss doing my Pilates, but I have noticed any kind of repeated movement doesn't feel great. Maybe I'll try a short walk if the weather is ok. IDK We'll see. I guess I have established exercise as a habit if I miss it like this. Hope you are all having a great week.

I feel like my fitbit keeps dying. Anyone else have to charge theirs every day? Till tomorrow...

@micki48
    Happy you're feeling better, you will get back 100% soon just take it easy.

I used to have a Fitbit and it did the same thing, I read that you can't over charge it, which is hard not to d. I since switched to a Samsung active watch. I like it better, its syncs with my apps and phone better than the Fitbit did.
  • jugar
    Where did the day go??

I ended up having a fabulous long walk with a friend I have not been able to see for a few weeks. Her younger son returned to Canada after a few years in Australia, so the whole household was in quarantine for 2 weeks, and then she is adjusting to life with her 2 adult sons home - a rather lively place after a long time alone. We had a great walk with her 2 dogs, along a former rail line that is now a bicycle and walking path. It is closed to bicycles at the moment until the thaw and mud are over, so we had the place to ourselves. It felt good to talk and walk.

So it is time for the end of the week already :grimace:

HEADS UP for Saturday weigh-ins and anyone who is running a bit late:
    @alexsandramorff
    @evangsimmons170
    @greywaves
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Terytha
    @micki48
    @lovethyneighbor
    @matthewsfive
    @RaisedToRamble

Be sure those are all reported by the end of the day Saturday no matter where you live. I'm up early on Sunday to do the tallies - so make sure everyone counts!
  • RaisedToRamble
    RaisedToRamble Posts: 20 Member

I'm curious @RaisedToRamble, where do you live? The landscape in your pic seems SW. I'm in NM.

Hi, I live in San Diego County but the picture was taken in Red Rock Canyon. It is such a beautiful place.
  • RaisedToRamble
    RaisedToRamble Posts: 20 Member
    Well, ok I tried to reply to @deniners2 but that didn't seem to work.. :/
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Pw 176.6
    Cw 175.8

Steps for 5/8= 6900 and 30 min of yoga

@jugar when I weighed in on my last monday of April and said I wanted to switch to Saturday's, you asked me to weigh in for the last Saturday of April and that would be my starting weight for May... I think you forgot that. So when I gave you my weight for the last Saturday you kinda looked at me odd... :)

So thats why you have me with that question mark... lol

This discussion has been closed.