Move More May 2020

Replies

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    5/7:
    Got almost 21k steps for the day and closed those pesky rings. Eating was good but I did overeat at dinner so calories were a bit over while macros were in line with plan. I haven’t been focused much on the fat macro as I try to keep carbs at a minimum and protein fairly high but I may adjust my protein choices to lower fat a bit. This will take some experimenting as I focus more on strength and potentially fooling with my timing of meals.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    5/7 Check in:

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times) ✔
    2. Eat low carb ✔
    3. Limit drinks to weekends ✔
    4. Close all 3 rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily ✔
    5. Stress Less!! ✔

It was a good day. Today, I haven't done any exercise. Working too long in the basement office. I need to get up!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    5/8:
    Strength. Did well. Hoping I can move back up to 18lb dumbbells for certain moves this week. Steps were ridiculously terrible. It was cold and rainy and I got bad news so I read sitting beside hubby instead of pace-reading. I need to do better.
  • taylok23
    5/8:
    Movement was good with 21k steps and all rings closed on the watch. Food was good til stress hit later in the day and my bad influencer suggested pizza. Oh well, food today will be better!
  • taylok23
    5/9:
    Exercise and stand rings were closed but movement fell short. It was cold and I wasn’t feeling much in the way of NEAT. Eating? Nope, not a good day. Where’s our warm weather?? I want to be outside, allergies and all! Hopefully everyone else has had a better weekend of victories.
  • baconslave
    5/9:
    Yard hike. 12ksteps. Warmed up enough in the afternoon. I'm hoping that's the case again today.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    I don't normally spend much time online during the weekend so here's the last three days:
    5/8
    Exercise - 60 push-ups, 40 squats, 2500 steps
    Food - under calories and stayed low-carb
    5/9
    Exercise - yard work, gardening, generally active 9200 steps
    Food - under calories, little higher carbs but still under 100g net for the day
    5/10
    Exercise - more yard.garden work, painting generally active again, 6400 steps
    Food - under calories, 27 net carbs

A good three days!
  • taylok23
    5/10:
    Back on track after getting a little crazy Friday night into Saturday. Closed all my rings and took a long walk to net 21k steps for the day. Eating was much better as well with carbs and calories on track. I’m started to cut back on cardio and focus on strength today for the time being. We’ll see what kind of progress I can make.
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    May 11, one third of the way into the month, time to post an update! Two goals for the month: 350k steps total, 100% Compliance with food plan 75% of the time.

The food plan goal may seem a bit odd, but I have been struggling this winter with binges (too much low carb food, not binges of carbs) and so I am better able to have the goal of full compliance than just going with allowing my numbers to go slightly above every day. I know where my body is best nourished and healthy, that needs to remain my goal, but have been having a difficult time remembering the “just a bump in the road” theory.

So ten days of the month: 158k steps, 7 days food compliance. I am going to call that being on track. Currently .2 lbs above my maintenance weight, but I am going to trust my food plan and know that compliance will easily bring my weight back into the proper range.

Thank you to everyone who continues to share, while I do not post daily, I am certainly reading daily and staying inspired and encouraged. Stay well everyone!
  • baconslave
    5/10:
    Warm and sunny. Yard hike. 11.5k steps or so.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    No activity Sat. Yesterday I did an hour of weeding, went for a stroll around the neighborhood then scrubbed the bubble windows on my camper. The windows were a pain to reach (short girl problems). It's supposed to thunderstorm today so I just brought my weights upstairs into my new office.

I should look for my old fitbit zip, get a new battery and start using that again.
  • weatherking2019
    5/8-10 Check in:

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times)
    2. Eat low carb
    3. Limit drinks to weekends
    4. Close all 3 rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily
    5. Stress Less!!

5/8, 9 ✔✔✔✔✔👍
    5/10 mother's day: X X ✔ X ✔

Well it was *kitten* weather, soon to be MIL, SIL and her fam all came over so I started cooking and setting up the house for everyone. I was tired all afternoon after they left.
    Did the clean ups and sat around, watched TV while I nibbled on more stuff.
    I guess it's just another day.
  • baconslave
    5/11:
    Cold with bitey wind so I did 1:20ish min of Leslie Sansone videos in the basement, which was a little warmer and with no wind. :lol: 11.7k steps.
  • ccrdragon
    5/11
    Food - on point, under calories and under carbs
    Exercise - 80 squats, 60 push-ups.
    Did not move every hour - missed 2 hours (writing training doc and getting tunnel vision). Did manage to get 3000 steps for the day, tho.
  • taylok23
    5/11:
    I was able to close my rings yesterday and ended with about 16k steps. It was a strength day but I got two short walks in as well. Foods choices were much better and I ended the day satisfied and on target for carbs and calories. Success!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I was not good about logging, but I have been mostly sticking to plan...food has not been tracked as much as it could have been, but been eating at maintenance pretty naturally, so that's a bonus.

Need to get on the loss calories the rest of the month, or at least alternating days the rest of the month...I'm ok with losing slow, but maintenance has got to go!
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Check in for May 9 thru 12. Now that I'm furloughed and don't have to be on the computer all the time, I haven't kept up with checking in.
    1. Well over steps all days except May 10-Mother's day which I basically binged watched TV. Depressingly cold and windy outside.
    2. Closed rings except for Mother's day.
    3. Way over carbs for Mothers day since my son bought me a small DQ blizzard and of course I ate it.
    4. Went on a morning run/walk 3 of the 4 days. I got resistance bands for Mother's day and have been rowing with them tucked under my feet. It was feeling like a good workout til this morning when the band slipped out from under my feet and whomped me in the face. No bruise thankfully,however it would have been the basis for several good made up stories.
    5. Stressing seems less this week.

Keep on keeping on and doing the best we can everyone.
  • ccrdragon
    5/12:
    Exercise - 75 push-ups, 100 squats, moved all but 1 hour during work
    Food - under calories, under carbs
    Steps - 2400 (I am a sloth!)
  • weatherking2019
    5/11, 12 Check in:

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times)
    2. Eat low carb
    3. Limit drinks to weekends
    4. Close all 3 rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily
    5. Stress Less!!

5/11✔ X ✔ X X
    5/12 ✔✔✔✔✔

Yesterday was nice. Everything went along with plan. I even stopped half an hour early from work and went running! It was so gorgeous out, I couldn't stay in the basement any longer.
    It's going to be nice out today too. I'm definitely going outside during lunch!
  • taylok23
    5/12:
    Yesterday ended up being a bit stressful later in the day but I seemed to manage. I closed all my rings and clocked almost 16k steps. I didn’t eat much early so likely overate at dinner but carbs and calories were on track. I got a sugar craving after dinner that hubs seemed willing to accommodate however I wasn’t hungry in the least so I distracted myself and stayed strong. We’re almost half way through the month. Hope everyone is feeling a level of success!