Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 262
    Todays Weight: 260
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @davors19 - Congratulations on the great weigh-in! 🥳

@TeresaW1020 - Hang in there! Only up a little, so you know you have been doing some things that are working! Maybe experiment with reeling back goals, making them tinier? With your persistence and commitment, you got this! You'll find a way. 👐💙
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In

Username- bethanie0825
    Day- Tuesday
    Current - 235.6

I've avoided posting it long enough. I didn't want to post it bc it causes me anxiety. I'm up again this week.

I've been tracking and exercising so it has to work at some point, right???
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In

Username- bethanie0825
    Day- Tuesday
    Current - 235.6

I've avoided posting it long enough. I didn't want to post it bc it causes me anxiety. I'm up again this week.

I've been tracking and exercising so it has to work at some point, right???

@bethanie0825 yes - it will. =< I'm so sorry this is an anxious time....I get it, have been there and it's tough. I'm assuming you have looked at everything and are doing everything at 100% and know for a fact that this is an honest-to-goodness stall without some backsliding on food or exercise to wrangle into control. Can you do anything off of the usual plan to jump past the plateau? A few days of high volume / lower calories foods to keep you full while taking in fewer calories, or some really revved up exercise days to throw your body a curve ball? I would say step 1 is to get really deep into your data of the past week for food and exercise and see where you can try to trick your body into shedding weight and get back on track.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    its_cleo wrote: »
    Hey folks, I think I'm going to take a break from the group for a while. Partly because I keep gaining weight, but more because I am focussed on some other goals right now rather than weight loss. And because my focus is elsewhere I just feel like I am only halfheartedly participating with the checkins etc.

I'm hoping in a few weeks things will change. it's nothing urgent, it's just my attn is on something else right now and I've accepted I may gain some weight as a result. I do want to come back but have to get my other ducks in a row :)

All the best.

@its_cleo we understand and will be here when you have worked on that and can refocus on weight loss.... => We'll miss you but understand life happens. Take care and hurry back! Maria
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Friday check in

Hey all. Have had a good day - even had a spontaneous interview with a recruiter today, enjoyed that chat. Food has been excellent today....despite some night eating last night. Water and exercise are really good - alcohol....uh, wasn't good. Had too many drinks and that is what usually pushes me down a road of bad decisions with food. But moving past that - today was reasonable with the 2 glasses of wine and very happy with the end result of feeling in control of my actions and decisions.

@mrmcgrath so happy to hear about the gym! I'm noticing a trend for many of us - you're in good company for slowed weight loss - I believe that the circumstances have really rooted home with many of us, now. This whole situation has been hard but the feeling that it will never end is really getting to many of us, I think. Be kind to yourself and know that I mean it when I say - congrats on that loss.
    @davors19 and @gwamajtw91 awesome weigh in, way to go, gang!! =>
    @TeresaW1020 I agree with @AustinRuadhain that it is a slight uptick and you can work that down - life is pretty stressful right now with all of the plans for the church reopening. I had a really REALLY random thought. Is there someone at your church that you can partner with as a supplement, and have one another as support for weight loss accountability? I just wonder if some additional support closer to home could be of benefit
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo definitely understand but you'll be missed!

Friday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- same old

Habits
    Cardio- done
    Weights- upper body done
    Stretch/core- done
    Recipe- nothing new
    10,000 steps- done
    Tinyhabits done
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo, you will be missed but you need to do what works for you and we all understand that! <3 I am going to have @broncobuddee put you on our cheer squad. This is a section for when you don’t want to weigh-in at this time but want to remain in the group. That means we hope that you will pop in to say hi whenever you feel like it but you are under no obligation to do check-in. When you are ready to go back to weekly weigh-ins you just let us know.

@davors19, great weigh-in this week!! B)

@AustinRuadhain, thank you! I do have this, and I am NOT giving up. Today is a new day and I have renewed my commitment to get myself fit and healthy. :)

@bethanie0825, please don’t beat yourself up. I was doing that yesterday when the scale showed that I was up. But it doesn’t do any good. We know what to do and we just have to keep doing it. Let’s make this a better week. <3

@raleighgirl09, that is a good idea. I do have a couple of friends who are struggling with their weight. Maybe we can form a little group so that when we return to church, we will be able to fit into our nice clothes. ;) What kind of work do you do? You might have said but I can’t remember.

Good morning everyone! Well, I'm ready to tackle the day and my diet. I told my DH that I am going to stop eating lunch with him. I'm going to work on pushing my fasting time longer which I think will really help me. Since being home all the time, I've gotten in the habit of eating lunch with him and breaking my fast in the 17 to 18 hour. I really want to go to 19 or 20 where I know I will see the best results for fat burning. :) I got my Booty Kicker bar and used it for the first time yesterday. I really like it and it's going to be much better than trying to hold on to the side of my treadmill or plastic shelf that is in the room. Today is Barre Blend leg day. :#

I also just spent the last hour reading about a thing called Fastercise, which is a book and technique from a guy named Dennis Wilson. I would love to know your thoughts on this. It seems easy enough and just might be worth trying out. Here is a video of him talking about what this is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxfc8gTLXK8

These two videos show you how to Shivercise and Tightercise exercises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku8YjY5vNcw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tp1tOfbtJ8

Here is part of his book if you want to read more. Fastercise
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    WEIGH-IN CHECK-IN

Username:trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 235.2 lbs
    Todays Weight: 235.6 lbs

I really feel I lucked out on this weigh-in, as I didn't have a good eating week. This weigh-in should have been much worse. I will work harder next week.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I'm glad you like your Booty Kicker. Good luck with Barre Blend today! :)

Tiny habits checkin:
    1 minute of exercise: No
    Focus for 5 minutes on Photoshop tutorials: No
    I will track my food for the day: Yes

Friday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Stick to my food plan, 52+ oz of water.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I would love to be on cheer squad! I was going to miss posting to everyone. Thanks for the kind thoughts.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,803 Member
    Options
    Username:Digger61
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 206
    Todays Weight: 205
  • veryhotmails
    veryhotmails Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Veryhotmails
    Weigh in
    Fridays
    Pw 237.7
    CW 237

Daily steps were not too bad, infact I was thinking of not yet able to beat my personal best of 19k and to my surprise I hit my new personal best at 21k.
    I have been able to have my fruits smoothies more this week. Will be bringing on running gradually once I get my new running shoes.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in

Hiya gang! Continuing good habits - planning and eating is really good, water has been over for a few days running - getting all sleep and some great stepping! Feels good to be more in the game and I hope it translates to some weight loss. I haven't weighed for several days but hoping that the consistent mindfulness will help pull me from my self-imposed slump!! =>

@TeresaW1020 I work in clinical research - not the science end but the "pharma needs a study run so they outsource it" realm. I work in getting research sites started and running for all of the regulatory needs and requirements. => There is a lot that goes into it and I specialize in just a tiny part of it - and looking to fill a roll that is niche even in that tiny part. Hey - glad the idea of maybe supplementing your support circle with some folks closer to home may help. I've kind of done that, at work when I was working, but also from other directions. I watched the first video but not the other two, yet. I will say that one of the last concepts he talked about, toward the end, is what I have been working on for the last few months - eat when hungry but stop when satisfied....not full. There is a difference. I don't know about the shiver and tightersizing but will watch those tomorrow.
    @trooworld hey, I've had that happen too - I think it just demonstrates that the food is only a part of the equation and there are so many factors that go into weight loss! Keep up the good habits and as you ease the eating back into place, this too shall pass!
    @digger61 nice loss, way to go!
    @veryhotmails super loss this week and wow, that is some impressive stepping, great job!!
    @its_cleo so glad you'll hang around for the cheer squad and pop in while still doing what you need to do! I enjoy hearing from you and hope that you have had a good Saturday!! =>
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    Saturday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- putting legs on a chair then flapping arms like an idiot

Habits
    All done

Just got back from the city and ended up pumped full of steroids and on oral steroids now. Doctor said if what she suspects is true it wouldn't have improved on it's own without them so she ended up talking me into it.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support guys. I know this weight loss is a journey and it's always hard when you see things going backwards instead of forwards. Being competitive helps but when I'm going the wrong way, it feels like I'm letting the team down. I was moving forward up until I got sick (I had the flu in mid-March); some of the last weight I lost was probably more related to me being sick than anything.

I've upped my activity levels which I know can lead to water gain. I've been tracking my food intake; I cut out my sugar free Red Bulls and upped my water intake. I feel like there's something else going on, maybe on a hormonal level. I'm hypothyroid and have PCOS; I'm 35, quickly coming up on 36. I've been breaking out like crazy and having extended PMS issues (like 10 days out from my TOM as opposed to 6 or 7. Cramps, bloating, fatigue, the works). Things have just been off since March.

I'm due for my yearly physical and my Dr does all the bloodwork and takes time to ask what's going on or answer questions. I'm curious about his thoughts and see what my bloodwork says.

@TeresaW1020 I am super intrigued by by the Fastercise concept; it makes sense to me for sure. I already IF from midnight (or bedtime on my nights off) till at least noon (later if I worked the night before). My body temp is always under 98F but my bloodwork says my TSH levels are good so no change in thyroid meds. My PCOS has caused me to be insulin resistant and I'm on meds for that too. I'm going to give it a shot and see if it helps me with my fasting as well as if it helps me push off snacking and cravings. Definitely interested to see how it works!

You guys are supportive and awesome as always. I love that; you guys keep me motivated and moving. It's nice to know I'm not alone!
  • deadpheonixrising
    deadpheonixrising Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Deadpheonixrising
    Week 2
    Saturday
    Previous weight: 137.5kg
    New weight: 137.3kg

It's a little late and I'm sorry for that, we haven't had internet for most of this week. Something that has been very stressful. I've been sat down for a lot longer than I wanted to be too, but I managed to clean my room to an acceptable level which is something right? :smiley:

At the moment I'm struggling with drinking enough water so I'd be really grateful if you could give me any tips for topping up more often. <3
This discussion has been closed.