Share your Numbers

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    @bobsburgersfan

water weight can be a bear, that's for sure! I've done plenty of whining on here about it. If you've eaten out more often, sodium can bring the water weight on, and even the extra food, if higher in carbs than what you are used to eating can also add water weight. So can new exercise. Female cycles, body cycles - sometimes I swear the moon phases can cause water weight gain, and it can take as much as 2 weeks to lose it.

Sadly, the only remedy is patience - keep doing the right things, remember that its not true fat gain, and give it time; that 3 pounds will be gone. But I know how it feels to wish it'd go away NOW!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I hit 77 lbs lost this morning...I have really been losing fast since my last horrible binge fest...I know I need to slow it down but I am really enjoying this vanishing act at the moment...I think I can hit my 80 lb loss for the year by May 28... I am on cruise control right now and I changed up my foods I have been eating...if I continue keeping binges under control, I plan to eat at maintenance the last two weeks of June...it will be after my 6 month doctor visit and my husband and I are planning a short/medium road trip if his RA isn’t raging...having over half of my weight gone is amazing!

I have my goal set at 1.5 lbs per week but I am eating a little less than that...I don’t eat any exercise calories back because I really don’t do much exercise out of the house except errands and shopping...Hopefully our neighborhood pool will open soon and I can actually do some real exercise...and maybe, just “m a y b e “I will be able to reach my goal weight in 2021!...
  • bmeadows380
    well, it may not be as fast as it looks. You had a lot of water weight to drop after that last binge, so that is going to make the numbers a little inflated for a bit. though that's a good thing - means your overall rate, when adjusted for the water, may be around 1.5 - 2.0 lbs where you want it; give it a couple of weeks with everything holding steady and evaluate then.

Though I completely understand the enjoyment of a really fast loss rate :) Remember my whining when I forced myself to work on slowing it down from 3 lbs/wk?

I hit a new low this morning - 243.6 lbs. 4 weeks ago, I weighed in at 251.1 lbs, which is giving me a 4 week loss rate of 1.875 lbs Thursday is my actual weigh in day; I was expecting somewhere near 242 lbs for that, so we'll see. I plan to eat out tonight, so that might mess me up for the next few days......
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,305 Member
    Thanks, @bmeadows380! I calmed down after whining this morning. I think the big gain since last Thursday is a combination of a fattening dinner from Sunday and Mexican from Monday lunch.

But I do know I need to improve in some areas, too. I'd really prefer to get a lot closer to my calorie goals than this, so I need to do better at my planning and follow-through! Also, I haven't done as much exercising since the gym closed, and when I do I'm not burning as many calories, but I'm struggling with wanting to eat at the same calorie level as before.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Thanks, @bmeadows380! I calmed down after whining this morning. I think the big gain since last Thursday is a combination of a fattening dinner from Sunday and Mexican from Monday lunch.

But I do know I need to improve in some areas, too. I'd really prefer to get a lot closer to my calorie goals than this, so I need to do better at my planning and follow-through! Also, I haven't done as much exercising since the gym closed, and when I do I'm not burning as many calories, but I'm struggling with wanting to eat at the same calorie level as before.

If you have been calorie creeping, as I have been, I encourage you not to just tell yourself to tighten up but to see if you can determine an underlying reasons. I know my reason. My plans were altered. My vacation was cancelled and I am feeling a little indifferent at the moment about weight loss. My habits are secure enough that I can continue to lose even if I am not at full rate. I think I am going to schedule a diet/deficit break and see if that helps. I am just waiting on some numbers to firm up again and then I will do it.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    edited May 2020
    1/1: 285.0 (-101.6)
    2/1: 281.3 (-105.3)
    3/1: 276.1 (-110.5)
    4/1: 270.0 (-116.6)
    5/1: 273.3 (-113.3)

1/1: 386.6
    2/1: 368.8 (-17.8)
    3/1: 360.6 (-26.0)
    4/1: 348.9 (-37.7)
    5/1: 341.0 (-45.6)
    6/1: 332.6 (-54.0)
    7/1: 322.9 (-63.7)
    8/1: 317.7 (-68.9)
    9/1: 306.2 (-80.4)
    10/1: 301.9 (-84.7)
    11/1: 292.2 (-94.4)
    12/1: 283.0 (-103.6)

These last almost two months have been a challenge for me... I've gotten away from my logging habits and eating at a sizable deficit and thus I'm not really making any progress. I'm down to ~272 now and seem to be hovering in the 270-273 range. That's up a few pounds from my recent low of 266.7 back on 3/30.

I've withdrawn a bit socially as I've been in a mental funk between the pandemic, being stuck at home, and uncertainty with the future of my job. Trying to get through all of that, and in the meantime I haven't been pushing myself super hard on the weight loss front.

I'm not eating -great-, but I am still being fairly reasonable on the whole. I've never been super concerned with the speed of my weight loss effort, just as long as I don't slip and gain a ton of weight. I seem to be doing alright in that aspect.

Anyway, that's why I've been kind of quiet / MIA lately. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • NovusDies
    @merph518

It is wise not to push yourself too hard. We are not weight loss machines we are human. I am sure you have a line that you will not allow yourself to cross again so take care of yourself.
  • NovusDies
    I am down to 202.6 today for a total loss of 5 pounds on the week.

This has been an interesting run of weight for the last couple of months. Coming off the diuretic has influenced my whooshes and kept them from happening as fully as they had been. As a result I have been operating with the general knowledge that my TDEE was higher but no confirmation until the last couple of days.

Thanks to the mess I am not convinced that any of my rate of losses are correct.

3 week: 2.4
    6 week: 1.53
    12 week 1.6
    Running (since Jan 10): 1.02

The problem with the 12 and running is they include a maintenance period of over a month.

I am debating about rebooting the spreadsheet again instead of trying to keep waiting for the trends to clean up. I have to wait either way. Not a decision for today though.
  • bmeadows380
    @NovusDies yup; today is too pretty to worry about that stuff :smiley: Hope things settle down for you soon, though. You've been fighting that battle for a while now it seems.

I know my planned diet break is going to through things completely out of whack for me for a bit too, but it is needed. In 2 weeks, I'll probably be bugging you to help me figure out what my maintenance calories should be for that break to make sure I'm not accidentally in a mild deficit, even it if means I over shoot and regain a lb or 2.

I'm back down to my all time low today. I weighed in at 242.7 on Wednesday, 243.9 yesterday, and am back to 242.7 today.

I'm going to play with the lower deficit/higher exercise calorie counts thing for the next 2 weeks before entering the diet break phase. I'm debating on how to count the exercise during that time period. I had myself convinced that the MFP values were way overflated, but now I'm not so sure and I've seen here where they seem to actually be pretty accurate for some people.

Meanwhile, I may end up needing to go back to the higher deficit/lower exercise calorie counts just for the mental game I seem to play with myself. My mind balked yesterday at counting 221 calories for a 30 minute aerobic session, and really tried to dig in its heels at counting 80% of the time for the 6.5 mile walk yesterday because it came out to 608 calories that had to be recorded. My head wants to claim "that's too many calories; you can't have burned that much!" especially when you see in the forums someone talking about a 300 calorie burn on a walk and others doubting that they possibly burned that much. But I know that the heavier you are, the more you burn, and 6.5 miles is no stroll around the block especially as my walking speed is 3.3 mph (cannot for the life of me get that any faster it seems!)

Anyway, I figured I'd play with it now for the next 2 weeks to give me an idea of which method I'll go back to when the diet break is over.
  • FitByFifty1970
    FitByFifty1970 Posts: 127 Member
    5pzpmy5j52rx.png
    m04kqktldukp.png

Hopefully this works. I posted elsewhere but I had hip replacement surgery early March so I have a lot of no weigh-in weeks since I could walk and was not focused on weight loss.

I've gone from a size 22W to a size 16, buying dresses at Target in size XL and got on the back of the boyfriend's motorcycle!!!
  • cremorna1
    cremorna1 Posts: 133 Member
    Congrats @FitByFifty1970!!!!! So happy for your achievement!
  • NovusDies
    No spreadsheet since I'm on the app on my phone but I'm 199.6 today! Down a pound 56.4 pounds not over 200 pounds. Feels nice. Thought it would be more earth moving though, maybe since I was eyeing it over the past week I lost sensitivity a bit. I am excited to have 180 in my sites for the next big goal!

Good job.

I have noticed that some of my milestones have come and gone without much consideration. Others that I thought were not a big deal turned out to be the ones that hit home more. I think as long as you know it is an achievement feeling it is optional.
  • cremorna1
    cremorna1 Posts: 133 Member
    Great job hanging in there @NatashaLP2014 !!! You have won a battle against the scale!
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    I'm 134 kg (295,4 ) and Ie wanna be in 70 kg (154,3)
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    1/1: 285.0 (-101.6)
    2/1: 281.3 (-105.3)
    3/1: 276.1 (-110.5)
    4/1: 270.0 (-116.6)
    5/1: 273.3 (-113.3)
    6/1: 273.2 (-113.4)

1/1: 386.6
    2/1: 368.8 (-17.8)
    3/1: 360.6 (-26.0)
    4/1: 348.9 (-37.7)
    5/1: 341.0 (-45.6)
    6/1: 332.6 (-54.0)
    7/1: 322.9 (-63.7)
    8/1: 317.7 (-68.9)
    9/1: 306.2 (-80.4)
    10/1: 301.9 (-84.7)
    11/1: 292.2 (-94.4)
    12/1: 283.0 (-103.6)

Still struggling a bit, but at least I'm maintaining and not gaining anymore. I've changed my MFP goal to be maintenance and right now I'm just trying to focus on logging 100% of the time again and being a bit more reasonable with food choices. If I'm under maintenance, great. If I'm at maintenance, that's fine. If I'm over, then I need to adjust the next day.