DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I’m just 3 minutes from my May plank challenge. And the last 3 days I’ve hit 3 miles (not always consecutively in 1 walk, but I’m going to count it for my challenge so that’s 3/5 for the week already!) it seems like I like challenges so... I’m thinking about my next one. Pushups? Pull-ups? Jump rope? I’m open to suggestions. I’m pretty lazy though, so something quick or easy to do while listening to a podcast is my preference (and I welcome podcast suggestions too). OK I’ve said enough! Good night!

I'm thinking of a jump rope challenge for myself. I recently did a couple of interval workouts alternating jumping rope with resistance training (squats, pushups, dips...). The jumping rope was pretty tough. Maybe other people would be interested too?

Ok ok. Want to make this a group challenge? Here’s what I’m thinking:
    It’s a pure minutes-jump-roping challenge. So you track your own time and at the end of the week whoever did more minutes wins. Do it Thursday through Wednesday (EST), so we start tomorrow and the following week by Wednesday evening or Thursday morning (prior to noon EST) we post our time and whoever has more minutes gets mega-kudos from the team. Sound good? Post your minutes daily if that helps you or you want to brag about how well you’re doing 😉

Mind you I don’t look forward to jump rope. But I like competition, so I will definitely make an effort to win 😎

I don't have a jump rope🤔

I got mine last week from Amazon. I think it was $14 🤷‍♂️

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    To be clear, the idea of jumping rope sounds terrible. But I’m in it to win it! Sure I’ll take the lead on this challenge. So far we’ve got:
    Me
    @888Angie888
    @mari_moulin
    Everyone’s tied with 0 minutes reported. :)

Question - will it be non stop minutes or accumulated minutes?
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Check-In: Wednesday, May 27

Log all food and beverages
    Do 30 min of exercise
    Go to Emergency Dist Center to pick up food, water, cleaning supplies
    Go to Brother's (pick up ice on way)
    Do Laundry

Check-In: Thursday, May 28

Basically, a repeat of yesterday. Actually need to go to 3 different Distribution Centers today: one for food and water, a different one for cleaning supplies, and the third for industrial fans to help dry things out.

Hope Y'all have a wonderful day!! 👋
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Last week 298.6
    This week 296.7

Headed back in the right direction!

Congrats on the loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »
    Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in Day: Wednesday
    Weigh-in week: 4
    Starting Weight: 229.0
    Previous weight: 221.2
    Current weight: 219.4

So while I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't get to 10lbs for the 4th week weigh-in (so close!), I'm happy with my progress so far. My ultimate goal is probably one of the dumbest things you guys will ever read, but it's legit to me. I need to get my calves small enough to fit into ski boots without hurting me! I ruined my last trip to Whistler because I couldn't ski for more than 5 minutes at a time because the boots hurt so much. This has been an issue for years as I've gained weight, but never so bad as last March. I want to ski the Alps next year (which I had billed as my 50th birthday trip to sell my friends on going, turns out I'm only 46 and they know this, whoops!). Since it's probably going to be a once in a lifetime trip, I want to make sure that I get the best experience out of it. Of course, there's always the feeling better, less joint pain, fitting into clothes I have stored that are goals too... but the Matterhorn awaits! :D

I have to go back and see the last time I logged my steps. I'm awful at keeping up.

Well done on the loss! You have done awesome this month! I understand how it is with the calves and boots. I am hoping this winter I will have lost enough thatI can get a higher pair of boots. Your trip sounds exciting!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I’m just 3 minutes from my May plank challenge. And the last 3 days I’ve hit 3 miles (not always consecutively in 1 walk, but I’m going to count it for my challenge so that’s 3/5 for the week already!) it seems like I like challenges so... I’m thinking about my next one. Pushups? Pull-ups? Jump rope? I’m open to suggestions. I’m pretty lazy though, so something quick or easy to do while listening to a podcast is my preference (and I welcome podcast suggestions too). OK I’ve said enough! Good night!

I'm thinking of a jump rope challenge for myself. I recently did a couple of interval workouts alternating jumping rope with resistance training (squats, pushups, dips...). The jumping rope was pretty tough. Maybe other people would be interested too?

Ok ok. Want to make this a group challenge? Here’s what I’m thinking:
    It’s a pure minutes-jump-roping challenge. So you track your own time and at the end of the week whoever did more minutes wins. Do it Thursday through Wednesday (EST), so we start tomorrow and the following week by Wednesday evening or Thursday morning (prior to noon EST) we post our time and whoever has more minutes gets mega-kudos from the team. Sound good? Post your minutes daily if that helps you or you want to brag about how well you’re doing 😉

Mind you I don’t look forward to jump rope. But I like competition, so I will definitely make an effort to win 😎

I would love to join you but my fake knee would not take jump rope. I had a knee replacement 3 years ago and there are certain limitations to what I can.
  • metonymicalinsanity
    Options
    To be clear, the idea of jumping rope sounds terrible. But I’m in it to win it! Sure I’ll take the lead on this challenge. So far we’ve got:
    Me
    @888Angie888
    @mari_moulin

Accumulated. That way lazy people like me can still partake 😁
  • metonymicalinsanity
    Options
    Maybe special recognition for the person who does the single longest nonstop jump rope session each week
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check-In: Wednesday, May 27

•Log all food: Yes ✔️
    •Under Calories: Yes ✔️
    •Exercise: 5K run + Zumba ✔️
    •Water: 3L ✔️
    •Steps: 25,939 ✔️

Good morning team! Our visits went well yesterday and our realtor called this morning that one client came in with an offer. We will begin negotiations soon and hoping we have another offer so we can sell without losing too much money.

I am so tired after my crazy busy day yesterday. I still managed to get out for my run this morning. I’m only 2 runs away from completing my 100K’s run for May. 💪🏻🏃🏻‍♀️. Today I’m going to do a bit of grocery shopping and homeschooling with the little one this afternoon. The scales are slowly going down this morning. I wish it would go down as fast as it went up 🙄

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.

100k is very impressive. I should try something like that for June with my walking. You are doing everything right and that weight will be gone before you know.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ndjth354d1e5.png

Overdue
    @mellane30
    @dabbers18

Thursday’s weigh ins
    @888Angie888
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 45 minute walk
    Water: ✅

Steps 5/27 6,854

I got out for my walk this morning. It was raining but not too hard. I said to myself, Linda you are doing this anyway. I got 5.02 km done. I was good and wet but that won’t hurt me. It is going to cool down here but I am going to try and keep doing my walks at 7am. That way I get into a routine and I don’t have to keep changing the time I walk.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5 km ✅
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Me
    @888Angie888
    @mari_moulin

Accumulated. That way lazy people like me can still partake 😁

Good for me too because I can barely do a full minute without collapsing...but with all the practice I'll be getting😉
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day:
    PW: 252.0
    CW: 253.0

Up a little, but I suspect it is due to water. Squats yesterday had me waking up today with crazy sore thighs plus I had a high sodium dinner last night.

Looking forward to a new week, a new month and awesome progress!
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Steps 5/27: 18,876
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Maybe special recognition for the person who does the single longest nonstop jump rope session each week

Fabulous idea!
  • metonymicalinsanity
    Options
    173fvcefmklj.jpg

I have 1 minute of jump roping (rope jumping? sp?) completed so far. Does that put me in the lead?
  • 888Angie888
    edited May 2020
    Options
    173fvcefmklj.jpg

I have 1 minute of jump roping (rope jumping? sp?) completed so far. Does that put me in the lead?

You're the first on the leaderboard! Woohoo!🙂

I got six total minutes today. Longest stretch was one minute. Started with one full minute and then intervals of 30 seconds jumping and 30 seconds rest. I may end up regretting it tomorrow. My legs that were already sore from squats yesterday are now very, very angry. Pretty sure that's it for today.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,094 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is the first I'm seeing of your new jump rope burn - looks like a blast! I'll wait for cooler weather...

Downsizers! You have a new member coming your way. @wbs2020 will be joining you for the June challenge, and hopefully will be here very soon. Show them around, and have a blast in June. :heart:
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Welcome @wbs2020 to the team!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,094 Member
    Options
    Welcome @wbs2020 to the team!

And one more! @Terri622 just signed up and will be winging your way soon.
This discussion has been closed.