TEAM: Run Track Minds (June)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Welcome and welcome back to everybody!

My name is Amy and I’m the captain for the team.

I joined the challenge in October and have lost 50lbs since then! I even won a couple of months. I recently gained some back but this group helped keep me accountable and I’m back on track and just have 2 lbs of the re-gain left to lose.

I’m 37, married and have a 1 year old son and a 4 year old daughter. Since we’ve been on lockdown I’ve started running and biking again. The extra time (from not commuting) has helped me get some daily activity back in my life.

I’ve been the captain just since December (was actually co-captain until recently) so if you ave any suggestions or ideas to keep this group fun and interactive please let me know!

Right now we have an optional daily post that people log in (roughly) the following format:

Daily Post <Day of the week>
    Track: Yes/No
    Calories: Under/Over
    Exercise: Yes/No
    Day: how you felt about today. Any successes or challenges.

Welcome again and please feel free to introduce yourself below!
  • KittyPryde2
    KittyPryde2 Posts: 38 Member
    Hi! I’m Rikki! I’m 33, from Austin, Texas. I lost weight before but gained it back, so I know how to lose weight (and I love a good challenge) but my goal this time around is to mentally approach weight loss differently and hope for the best 😊

We’ve got this, Run Track Mind!!!
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 203 Member
    Hi team!!
    I'm looking forward to this being a great month!
    I'm Amelia, I've always struggled with my weight and feel like I've been on this journey for a long time. It can often feel very lonely and pointless as it feels like it will never end! I struggle with binges, emotional eating and secret eating. I hope that by working for my team, and having regular check ins I can stay focused and make good progress!
    I live in Spain, I love walking my dog, running in the mornings (without my dog.. he's too slow and likes to sniff everything!) And obviously eating too many tasty treats..
    Looking forward to supporting you all!
  • AmyG1982
    ajdvegan wrote: »
    Hi team!!
    I'm Amelia, I've always struggled with my weight and feel like I've been on this journey for a long time. It can often feel very lonely and pointless as it feels like it will never end! I struggle with binges, emotional eating and secret eating. I hope that by working for my team, and having regular check ins I can stay focused and make good progress!
    I live in Spain, I love walking my dog, running in the mornings (without my dog.. he's too slow and likes to sniff everything!) And obviously eating too many tasty treats..
    ajdvegan wrote: »
    Hi team!!

I have definitely had my share of binges and secret eating, I can totally relate! A big reality check for me was after eating an entire box of cookies in the bath one night and hiding the box in my laundry hamper so my husband wouldn’t know... and then I did it again like 2 weeks later 🤦‍♀️

Welcome to the team! Hope you find this to be a good support for you :)
  • KittyPryde2
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes
    Day: Rough meeting today, it had me in tears after. BUT after talking to my supervisor (who said she was proud of me for how I handled the situation), my boyfriend (who is the supportive and kindhearted man I adore), and my best friend (who used the appropriate amount of curse words), I felt amazing!

They might not be the best people to talk to about weight loss, but it's good to know that I have a support system that is caring for my work and mental health! So I chalk this day up to a win!

Also, for working a desk job, I still managed to get over 12k steps AT WORK. Not too shabby :smiley:

How's everyone else doing?
  • ouija28
    ouija28 Posts: 56 Member
    I think I am part of this group. Do we post our weights here or at larger group?
    And if my day is Friday do I start today or next Friday as week one??

So many questions!!! :smiley:

Daily Post: Friday
    Track: does this mean did I track food? Yes yesterday but stopped when I went over!!
    Calories: over
    Exercise: yuppers

Goal for today: drink 4 of my cups of water (My cup is 16 ouncer!)

• AmyG1982
    ouija28 wrote: »
    I think I am part of this group. Do we post our weights here or at larger group?
    And if my day is Friday do I start today or next Friday as week one??

So many questions!!! :smiley:

Daily Post: Friday
    Track: does this mean did I track food? Yes yesterday but stopped when I went over!!
    Calories: over
    Exercise: yuppers

Goal for today: drink 4 of my cups of water (My cup is 16 ouncer!)

Welcome to the team! The June challenge starts on Sunday so you won’t log your first weigh in until next week and you do log it here. After you log it here I record it in the master spreadsheet :)

And yes, the track comment is about tracking your food.

I also struggle with drinking enough water. I’ve gotten into a bad diet pop habit that I need to break lol.

• AmyG1982
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Hi Team! My name is Jessica and I am rejoining this challenge after taking three months off starting in March. I used to co-captain this team with Amy! I originally joined this challenge in March of 2019 and lost 30 pounds. I took a break as I was hitting a mental block on my journey and became too obsessive over the scale. I had gained about 15 ish pounds from the 30 pounds back during this pandemic....but after a few weeks back on track I cut that down to only 9 pounds gained! I am rejoining to help my accountability to lose the additional 9 and the last 15 to hit my goal weight.

Another reason to refocus on my journey came in April, when I was diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer. I am only 28 years old, so the diagnosis was a complete shock and really blew up my life. But, it was caught early and I have an excellent prognosis from some of the leading doctors in the U.S. so I am counting my blessings. Chemo really wreaks havoc on your body and I want to make sure I am treating my body the best that I can. Nutrition is a huge part of that and something I can control, so I am really focused on giving my body all of the nutrients it needs to fight this battle and that so far has come with weight loss, win-win. This is also my PSA for all women to do self-checks! It might save your life, it certainly saved mine!!!

I am excited to be back with all of you and have the support of this amazing team :smile:

Welcome back! I was actually just thinking of you, wondering if you were going to come back. I hope coming back is a positive thing for you :)

I’m so sorry to hear about your diagnosis but very glad to hear your prognosis is good!
  • gowda80
    gowda80 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi, am 38 years old female from india Bangalore,been ftp member from.past 2 years . current wt is 220 lbs.happy to be the part of this team.Have set a target for this month am sure with the team motivation wil reach the target. I have made a 1400 cal micronutrient diet plan for 5 weeks with an hr workout daily.will keep posting .super excited to be in this challenge:-)
  • Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    Welcome new team members and welcome back current members! After having a gain the last two weeks (the first I expected the second I did not) I'm hoping to make a turn in June and see my work pay off. @ajdvegan I can certainly relate to the binges and secret eating, been working on getting those under control. Hope we all have a great month!
  • KittyPryde2
    So tomorrow is our fist weigh in?

How's everyone feeling?
  • AmyG1982
    So tomorrow is our fist weigh in?

How's everyone feeling?

I weigh on Fridays so still a while till I weigh in but I’m feeling super excited for this new month. I am determined to get under 200 this month!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Hi @jwall309 ! Nice to see you back! I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It sounds like you are ready to hit it head on! You got this!
  • skullsandskeletons
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    Week: June week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 180 (I think)
    CW: 176

My weight will likely do some wonky things for the next few weeks due to medication. I don’t typically lose this much in a week. Have a great week everyone!
  • skullsandskeletons
    Daily post Sunday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: on target
    Exercise: housework

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • gowda80
    gowda80 Posts: 10 Member
    Not able to open June spreadsheet anyone facing same problem.
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 203 Member
    Username: Ajdvegan
    Weigh in week: June Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 137lb
    Todays Weight: 135lb

Happy June everyone!
    The lockdown restrictions are lifting a little here in Spain, so i am finally able to get out and exercise again. My dog is very happy, and so am I! It does absolute wonders for my mental health when i can spend a good few hours out in the nature.

My target for this week is to use this challenge to help keep me focused and on track. I feel in control of my exercise as i'm back into running and walk my dog 2 hours daily, so this month i need to take control my relationship with food. I'm listening to lots of podcasts to help me analyse my behaviour patterns to stop the completely unnecessary secret binges or emotional eating.

If you have any recommendations for different podcasts for weightloss or psychology, please let me know!!

Stay safe, stay happy everyone!
  • KittyPryde2
    Username: KittyPryde2
    Weigh in week: June Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 217.8
    Todays Weight: 215

Good week, food wise. Good week, mentally. Emotionally? Well, I've been watching the news... don't want to start any debates, just saying that my emotions have been busy this weekend.

My office is opening back up today, we are going to be keeping with social distancing, but it will be nice to not be alone at work anymore.

Hope everyone has a safe week!!!
This discussion has been closed.