Replies

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    05/30 steps 11930
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Just checking in, Saturday night here. I've been a bit migraine-ish for a few days, took a couple of days off work and rest days off exercise. Some of the awful dizziness I had in April started coming back, but it seems to have passed.

Felt a lot better today so I spent some time in the gym, just taking it easy. I really hate having to take more than one rest day at a time, but I recognise when my body needs it!

Calories have been fine, I weighed myself this morning and actually hit the 10kg lost mark since I started back on MFP in February. That's 22 lbs. Or 1 stone and 8 lbs :smiley: New Zealand is mostly metric, but we do tend to think of height in both metres/cm or feet and inches. Just height though, not length. And weight of babies at birth, we'll know both kg and lbs, but after birth just in kg. It's a throwback to when NZ moved to metric in the early 1960's I think. I can roughly convert kg into stones for the Brits, or to lbs for the Americans in my head but that's more a product of growing up with the rest of the world being different lol

I'll do a proper weigh-in tomorrow morning in the June thread :smile:

@lennoncpa Bebe is so cute. I'd have about 20 nicknames for him within the first week and he'd never hear his actual name again lol

@sleepymom5 and @podperson1 Death to houseplants is also me, I don't even have one in my entire house. Or anything in the garden, because my cats dig them straight up. I can't keep goldfish alive either... it's a wonder I decided to have kids!

@Mrsbell8well I love tofu and we eat it all the time. My favourite right now is one that's already diced and marinated so I literally need to toss it into a pan with veges and stirfry (so lazy but it's soooo good!) I found a good lasagne recipe with silken tofu and spinach in it too, I've been making that a bit.

@1theresamcvean Chocolate mint tea? That doesn't promise heaven but taste like lies and deception? I guarantee that I cannot find that anywhere in the Southern Hemisphere!

@nstephenson01 My go-to in the evening if I'm actually hungry is sweet and salty popcorn. It's reasonably low calorie, and I can have a big bowl full. And I'll sit watching TV with a (flavoured) green tea, or my bottle of water. It gets to be routine, and has stopped me from snacking on anything really damaging in the evenings. Sometimes I'll have an apple, but I love apples. I'd rather have an apple than a bowl of ice cream! The trick is to actually gauge my hunger level, or if I just want to do something with my hands, in which case I'll sip water or tea.

@j098765 and @Ademann1 Welcome to you both!

• j098765
    j098765 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    j098765 wrote: »
    Hi everyone :) I’m excited to be a part of this group!

Welcome! I love your shoes and is that woven thing a part of your bike? If so, awesome. If not, awesome too. Great shot.

Thank you! And no haha it was actually like a seat at a mall (pre-covid lol) and the bike was just a prop.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Friday check in
    Food - On target
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - 5 km walk
    Yesterday was a good day and I hit all my mini goals. My leg and back are holding up nicely with my increased activity. I made a loaf of sourdough in the morning and the four of us had a little party in the evening to celebrate getting through the week. The teachers are just piling on the homework. It gets tough for me to fill in the gaps, but at least the boys are occupied. The boys’ goalie coach has reopened with very strict distancing rules (1 kid on the ice per hour), but the boys are really happy to return.

Welcome to the team @j098765, @Ademann and @melaniedscott!!

@1theresamcvean - No need to apologize about venting. I triggered it by posting that photo. I was frustrated too, which is just the nature of things these days. Re your question on IF, I find that I am generally not hungry, but if I ever do get hungry, it is with a shorter fast (like 14 hours). The longer fasts seem to be no problem, I don’t know why. I fasted for 22 hours last week and it was just fine. IF is something that I think people have to test out and play around with to find what works for them. Pippa is so adorable and I love her resting b-face (it’s a valued skill)!

@lenka1 -Congratulations, you are doing so great!

@bburrer30 - Congratulations as well! You did amazing in May and I look forward to seeing you progress even more in June!!

@sleepymom5 - You went through so much in April, and when you consider that, you did so well in May. You should be very proud and you will absolutely seek progress in June!

@lennoncpa - Nice loss! Bebe is adorable!

@podperson1 - I agree with you and really think that a significant part of the weight loss process is mental. I have worked with a version hunger directed eating and it is not easy to do all of the time. But the aspect of listening to our bodies and dropping the guilt cycle is extremely helpful.

@hope002 - Nice loss and great steps!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - 22 lbs weight loss is fantastic!! Congratulations!! You are doing great!

@Zumba_Luvah - Amazing loss!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,111 Member
    Options
    Greetings WNM! You have another wonderful new person coming your way. They may just go straight to the June chat, so keep your eyes out and offer them the usual great welcome - @melaniedscott :heart:
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean

You're welcome. Yes, the flooding is not good at anytime but definitely worse right now. It's amazing that the area where I took the pictures is not that far from where I live.

Work is definitely on my mind. I worked 2 days this week but with the Memorial day holiday I should be getting paid for 3 days. I've been off since Wednesday morning and it doesn't look like I'll be working again until at least Tuesday night. There is some work for Monday night but they only need 4 people snd I'm not one of them. My boss is doing his best to make it fair for everyone.

Food and water not going well. I know what to do just have no motivation to do it. The only exercise I get in is walking. Seems silly, more time at home means I have plenty of time to exercise.

My neighbor and I didn't walk Tuesday or Wednesday. It was 90 degrees and humid. Not a good time for walking. We did go yesterday since the temperature was much nicer. Today it's only 65 degrees and won't get much warmer. Michigan can't make up its mind if it's spring or summer. On our walk near the condo complex we got to see the eagle. It's the first time either of us had seen it. It was beautiful. I tried getting a picture but I couldn't get one. I couldn't see it through my phone camera.

I love the picture of your daughter and granddaughter. I love her expression.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    @sleepymom5

It has been stressful not knowing if I'm working or not. Only getting 2vor 3 days in so far but I know some of the other people are either getting 1 day or no days at all. Only one area of the company is getting in 40 hours. Hopefully work will pick up soon.

I know if I need help financially that my dad will help me. I just don't want to have to do that.

Thank you for your support but there really isn't anything anyone can do to help me with this. It's something I have to do on my own. I'll figure it out and get back on track.
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

A big welcome to @j098765 @Ademann1 and @melaniedscott - this group is really welcoming and supportive. I completely credit them with me sticking with the weight loss this long :)

For those who mentioned the stones measuring. We're pretty weird here in that we're technically supposed to be converted to the metric systems years ago but some things have transferred and some haven't - so if you go to the grocery store then all food items are weighed in kgs but then you'll have baking recipes in pounds, we'll measure shorter distances in metres but then we still like miles for longer ones, and we like to be dramatic when it comes to temperature - so if it's cold then we use celusius (eg it's -2 degrees, it's freezing) but then when it's warm we switch to farenheit (it's 90 degrees out, it's boiling). Yup, us Brits are weird :D

@1theresamcvean - Love your granddaughters completely unimpressed look lol.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - that's fab weight loss. I'm hoping to be around a similar mark on Monday, am really happy that have managed to be pretty consistent since Feb :)

@Zumba_Luvah - wow, that's a great loss for the week - good way to end the month :)

@Cafelelia - I do love the idea of a bread party :D I have cut down my carbs quite a lot and must admit do miss bread sometimes

@tryingagain5 - it sounds stressful with your work being so inconsisent. I've totally been there with the being at home more so technically SHOULD be able to exercise more, meal plan better, but the motivation just isn't there. It's a new month tomorrow which is a great chance for a reset, and like you said you know what to do, you've done it before, so can totally get back into your routines x

Weighed this morning and am tentatively at my next goal, which makes me happy but it's also not 'official' for me until weekly weigh in - so just have to not muck it up over the next 2 days :D Yesterday was pretty good food-wise but had a wee drink so luckily those liquid calories didn't get me this time! Been a stressful work week so having a nice quiet day today - just put a conditioning treatment on my hair and am going to do a facemask and paint my nails in a bit before video-chatting with the folks. Bit of a self-care day, which I think is needed sometimes.

See you all on the shiny new thread <3

• tryingagain5
    Options
    GingerPwr wrote: »

And this is a reminder to myself as much as it is to everyone here:

YOU ARE WORTH THE EFFORT

The effort of cutting up fruits and veggies
    The effort of researching healthy food substitutions
    The effort of blocking off time and doing exercise
    The effort of resisting temptations
    The effort of cooking at home instead of grabbing fast food
    The effort of advocating for your health when you're out
    The effort of prepping healthy meals to take to work

All of those things are worth doing because YOU ARE WORTH IT.

Love y'all!

This is really good. I just wrote it out and am going to put it in my kitchen and read it every day.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @podperson1
    It sure is. Everyone wants to work but there just isn't enough work to do in the production area right now.

Thanks for the support. You're right tomorrow is a new month and I can do this. We all can.
  • Cafelelia
    edited May 2020
    Options
    kzw239rc98qx.png

@JillyBT and @KUMEcyclingteam - We need your weigh ins for this week. If you would like to be excused, just post here and ask. Thanks!

@ljdanny - You are excused this week given your broken scale.

We move to our June thread tomorrow and this thread closes! Link is below!

Everyone participating in our step challenge can post your steps tomorrow on the new June thread. We will announce the winners on Monday.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10798300/weight-no-more-team-chat-june-2020#latest
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia thank you but I got it figured out, but sure if it's still broken but....

Ljdanny
    Week 4
    Thursday
    Pw 190
    Cw 191
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Not sure what was with the scale, Thursday it said I weighed 178, lol I wish. Today it gave me a 1 pound gain which is probably more accurate because I put Jean's on and oh boy. I am pulling out the measuring cups and everything will get weighed, measured and logged. Tomorrow I am going to be making protein balls. I went and bought a new water bottle. I am planning meals and a new workout routine for the week. I should have done better being home and I didn't, my weight went in the wrong direction. I go back to work monday and hopefully that will help. I went to the hairdresser today, I got a color cut and thinning, my hair feels so much better.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    This weekend I'm not upset. Who could be after the week in Central Park, Minneapolis, and here in Toronto. Right now, on my corner, a Black Lives Matter march for Regis Korchinski-Paquet https://youtu.be/cZ_-7vmcbG0
  • j098765
    j098765 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, can I removed from this challenge? Sorry but I don’t think it’s for me... Thank you for being so welcoming though!
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    @j098765 - I will let @jugar know. She does the spreadsheets. Best of luck!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Friday check in
    Food - logged and under
    Water - 80 oz water
    Exercise - 45 min walk, 25 min walk, PT and stretching

Great day yesterday and today too! The scale of course dropped today, the day AFTER weigh in but that is ok. Hopefully it wasn't a fluke. I had a busy morning so that is why I am posting so late. I may have to post late tomorrow because we have a bed coming for a guest room.

Today is good, tomorrow will be challenging because we are having another barbecue. I am not going to offer the frozen drinks unless someone asks. We decided to have one on a hot day thinking people would like to swim but tomorrow is going to be cool. No worries, we still plan to social distance, there is plenty of room outside.

Don't forget-tomorrow we move to the June thread! https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10798300/weight-no-more-team-chat-june-2020#latest

Welcome @melaniedscott and @Ademann1 We are looking forward to getting to know you all!

@ lennoncpa Bebe is so cute! I hope he starts feeling better soon. It is awesome that you foster these little guys.
    @podperson1 you have been doing great during this quarantine. It is a good idea to start thinking of your goals for June. May flew by! I am glad that you had a good day yesterday to balance out the day before. I am going to put that book on my read list. It sounds like something that I would be interested in reading.
    @GingerPwr Thank you for the info. I am going to look into it. I need some guidance with my strength work outs.
    @j098765 We are sorry to see you go, good luck
    @1theresamcvean Pippa is the cutest! Even with her resting b-face! Lol! I hope your protests remain peaceful. As I am sure you have seen, it hasn't been here. I am heartbroken for these victims and their families.
    @hope002 Still moving in the right direction! Awesome steps this week!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx It is hard to ignore those symptoms when you get them. It is good to listen to your body and rest when you need to. I think it is great when that you can tell when the symptoms are starting to pass and you can do some gentle exercise. Congrats on losing 10 kg! You have really been doing awesome!
    @Zumba_Luvah Wow! Awesome loss this week! You really have been doing great!
    @Cafelelia You just whip up that sour dough bread like it is nothing now! What a great skill to perfect while on quarantine. I am so glad the boys can actually get on the ice now. Things are starting to look up.
    @tryingagain5 It is a new month, just keep moving forward. I know the work situation is very stressful. I am sure I suggested it before but those Leslie Sansone walking tapes are a great way to get some exercise in when the weather isn't good. Hang in there! Sending hugs.
    @podperson1 Sounds like a perfect day! Self care is so important!
    @ljdanny Sounds like you have a good plan going forward. It must have been so nice to get your hair done too. I can't wait but I am sure it will be hard to get an appointment.
    @KUMEcyclingteam Just get back on track. New month! You got this!
    @JillyBT I hope everything is ok. Try to post your weight by 11:59 EST. Hope to see you in the June thread!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
This discussion has been closed.