• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Weigh In Day -- Saturday, May 30, 2020

SW - 308.6
    LW - 292.1
    CW - 291.2

It's been difficult to get my "healthy" head back on straight. But, at least I'm back on a downward trend!

Well done on the loss! You are doing amazing considering all the stress you are under.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    OK, @mari_moulin, you've convinced me to give it a try. I'll join the June Step Challenge. The 5 minute = 500 steps convinced me that I might be able to do this. And, I need to feel back in control of something. Since I can do my walking in 5 min chunks only, I'll just have to push myself to get in 4 chunks each day. And, need to get back to drinking more than 8 glasses of water each day. Thanks for the push ... off to do my first 5 min!!
  • FormerlyFit48
    FormerlyFit48 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    FormerlyFit48
    Last week 220lbs
    Current 219.5 lbs

Only 1/2 pound but under 220 for the first time in 5 years! Can’t wait til next week! Go team xxxo
  • Shad0wDancer
    Shad0wDancer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 82 minute walk
    Water: not enough

Steps 5/29 11,363

It was early morning for me as we go grocery shopping as soon as the store opens. I am going to take today as a rest day. I will get some steps in at the supermarket. I am excited for the June challenge as I am getting close to onderland.

Today’s goals
    1. Drink 8 cups of water
    2. Stay within calorie goal
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    FormerlyFit48
    Last week 220lbs
    Current 219.5 lbs

Only 1/2 pound but under 220 for the first time in 5 years! Can’t wait til next week! Go team xxxo

You are doing so well! Congrats on the loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Well done on the loss!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day -- Saturday, May 30, 2020

SW - 308.6
    LW - 292.1
    CW - 291.2

It's been difficult to get my "healthy" head back on straight. But, at least I'm back on a downward trend!

Well done with this weeks loss! The important thing is to not stop. We all have our moments where it gets difficult and our head isn’t in the right place but just keep pushing forward. You are doing so good!
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Steps:
    • Sunday, May 24: 15 249
    • Monday, May 25: 9 268
    • Tuesday, May 26: 7 285
    • Wednesday, May 27: 10 946
    • Thursday, May 28: 7 981
    • Friday, May 29: 17 379

Gotcha!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    OK, @mari_moulin, you've convinced me to give it a try. I'll join the June Step Challenge. The 5 minute = 500 steps convinced me that I might be able to do this. And, I need to feel back in control of something. Since I can do my walking in 5 min chunks only, I'll just have to push myself to get in 4 chunks each day. And, need to get back to drinking more than 8 glasses of water each day. Thanks for the push ... off to do my first 5 min!!

YES!!!! So happy you decided to join. Your only competition is yourself and you can do this! Yes yes yes!!
    FormerlyFit48
    Last week 220lbs
    Current 219.5 lbs

1/2 a lb in the right direction! That’s what I’m talkin about!! Congratulations on gettin under 220 🎉🎉
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 82 minute walk
    Water: not enough

Steps 5/29 11,363

It was early morning for me as we go grocery shopping as soon as the store opens. I am going to take today as a rest day. I will get some steps in at the supermarket. I am excited for the June challenge as I am getting close to onderland.

Today’s goals
    1. Drink 8 cups of water
    2. Stay within calorie goal

Well done with your area! Make the most of your rest day! Can’t wait to celebrate your milestone next month!! You’ve got this Linda. 💪🏻

Nicely done on this weeks loss.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hey all! Make sure you go to the June chat and introduce yourself

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10798305/downsizers-team-chat-june-2020#latest
  • mari_moulin
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Oops posted in wrong thread
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Last post for May!
    Saturday May 30 weigh in
    May SW: 317
    May 9: 311.6
    May 16: 304.4
    Last week, May 23: 304.6
    This week, May 30: 300.2

So close!

I’ll be into the 200s for next week for sure (right?!). But I’m happy with my progress and happy to be exercising again as well. I did 7 walk/jogs of 3 miles or more this week. I finished the month with more than 60 minutes of planking. And I started true jump rope challenge. It feels good to get a bit more active. And I’m looking forward to continuing until I reach my goal. And I’m thinking about other goals as well. I once upon a time dreamed of doing a triathlon. Maybe this year I’ll actually sign up for one. I don’t want to get ahead of myself though. Right now I still need to work on basic fitness and improving my diet. I still love to eat tons of pizza every chance I get! Anyway thanks for making my first month in the f2f challenge a success everyone. Here’s to a happy, healthy June!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Last post for May!
    Saturday May 30 weigh in

So close!

I’ll be into the 200s for next week for sure (right?!). But I’m happy with my progress and happy to be exercising again as well. I did 7 walk/jogs of 3 miles or more this week. I finished the month with more than 60 minutes of planking. And I started true jump rope challenge. It feels good to get a bit more active. And I’m looking forward to continuing until I reach my goal. And I’m thinking about other goals as well. I once upon a time dreamed of doing a triathlon. Maybe this year I’ll actually sign up for one. I don’t want to get ahead of myself though. Right now I still need to work on basic fitness and improving my diet. I still love to eat tons of pizza every chance I get! Anyway thanks for making my first month in the f2f challenge a success everyone. Here’s to a happy, healthy June!

Wow, you are so close! Awesome loss this week! Great NSV with your increased exercise.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 5/29: 13,598

Jump Rope Challenge: 2 minutes total, 1 minute max.

I can only dream of 10 consecutive minutes! I'm hoping by the end of June I can do two minutes.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Oops posted in wrong thread

It's ok. I once thread posted in the wrong oops.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    5/30-- 14824 steps
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Last post for May!
    Saturday May 30 weigh in

So close!

It’s right there!!! All you gotta do is reach out and pull yourself into the 200’s!! You have had such an amazing month! Great progress not only on the scale but in your overall health and fitness! Planks and walks/jogs and now adding in the jump rope! 🤩 wow! I feel blessed to have watched you achieve all your goals this months! I can’t wait to see how much further you are gonna go. 👏🏻💪🏻
    Steps 5/29: 13,598

Jump Rope Challenge: 2 minutes total, 1 minute max.

I can only dream of 10 consecutive minutes! I'm hoping by the end of June I can do two minutes.

Wow you are doing so good with the jump rope! I wish I could toning for that long but I’m needing to break them down in 30 second intervals.
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    5/30-- 14824 steps

Gotcha!
  • kerdil08
    kerdil08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    kerdil08
    Current: 210.5

Almost done with my move...I did do a LOT of sweating in the yard today trying to get the weeds under control, so that was a good start. Also had to use a hack saw to cut up a bunch of metal that needed to go out with the trash but originally didn't fit in the bin...that was an arm workout!

I am sorry I didn't help the team this month. I do think next will be better. There's a lot of stress in the world everyone; stay safe.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    Saturday, May 30: 6 478

Weigh-in:
    Username: Piqueaboo
    Weigh-in week: last day of the month
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    May Start Weight: 195.6
    Previous weight: 196.4
    Current weight: 195.2

May Loss: -0.4lbs

Total Loss to date: -53.8lbs

Wanted to do the final weigh-in. This month has been a rollercoaster so to speak (May highest weight was 199 and lowest weight was 193), but I came out with a (tiny) loss and a huge learning on what I can do to improve. I've been bouncing around the same 5lbs for the whole quarantine despite working out and eating at a deficit, and finally accepted that alcohol is not my friend - I switched to alcohol-free beer and dropped 3lbs. I realized that working out is actually not the devil and now get in 30-60 minutes every day, and still have plenty of time for other things. I learned that running and the exhaustion is mainly in my head, my body is fine to continue.

Here's to June!
This discussion has been closed.