Steps this week
    May 26 27948
    27th 7175
    28th 16321
    29th 21148
    30th 10043
    31th 11503
    June 1st 13152

Yesterday was brutal! I showed up at work at 6am I clocked out at 11:21 pm. It was crazy yesterday. I'm exhausted! Headed back to work this morning at 8:30

wow Michelle, impressive ;)
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Steps for...
    Sunday, May 31: 4,252
    Monday, June 1: 10,776
  • wbs2020
    wbs2020 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Steps this week
    May 26 27948
    27th 7175
    28th 16321
    29th 21148
    30th 10043
    31th 11503
    June 1st 13152

Yesterday was brutal! I showed up at work at 6am I clocked out at 11:21 pm. It was crazy yesterday. I'm exhausted! Headed back to work this morning at 8:30

Nice job on the steps! Rockin It!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    OMG! I'm so sore from jumping rope yesterday. I may have rested today but tomorrow I have to jump rope no excuses. #jumpropechallenge
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hello Downsizers!

Week 1
    CW 175.2
    PW 173.6
  • destiny_sierra
    destiny_sierra Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Check-in June 1
    Calories - under
    Water - Fail
    Steps - 23,325
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    6/1- 10618
    6/2- 4671
    Steps
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi. I need a bit of love. I have always a battle with the scale. No matter if I'm doing things good or less good, the scale goes up often with no reason whatsoever and that makes me super cranky and sad at the same time. I go day by day losing a little amount of grams a day and them bum! I go up. And this time is two days in a row.
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi. I need a bit of love. I have always a battle with the scale. No matter if I'm doing things good or less good, the scale goes up often with no reason whatsoever and that makes me super cranky and sad at the same time. I go day by day losing a little amount of grams a day and them bum! I go up. And this time is two days in a row.

Do you track your salt? Sometimes salt can cause you to go up. How much water do you drink a day?
    As women we all have a fluctuation of weight daily. I see me scale jump up and down daily. If you don't want to see it maybe just weigh 1 time a week, or average it. Water weight can really be a problem with us girls. 😉 it can Be discouraging but don't let it get you down. We all go through it and come out the other side happier.
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    wbs2020 wrote: »
    Steps this week
    May 26 27948
    27th 7175
    28th 16321
    29th 21148
    30th 10043
    31th 11503
    June 1st 13152

Nice job on the steps! Rockin It!

thanks. Today I forgot my watch at home so no idea what my steps are but my phone recorded a little lol
    Steps May 2 88😁
  • irunforfun2
    irunforfun2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    met my daily goal of logging all food and walked 12,290+ steps!
  • Z10Rtza
    Options

Do you track your salt? Sometimes salt can cause you to go up. How much water do you drink a day?
    As women we all have a fluctuation of weight daily. I see me scale jump up and down daily. If you don't want to see it maybe just weigh 1 time a week, or average it. Water weight can really be a problem with us girls. 😉 it can Be discouraging but don't let it get you down. We all go through it and come out the other side happier.

I use a little tiny amount of salt. Sometimes I even forget to put salt to my food.
    And water.... I drink a lot!
    Thanks for your words
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options

I feel you. I also commented on your status earlier, but to repeat, I see these spikes all the time, they're usually related to water retention or just plain bad behavior on my side. It usually subsides within a couple of days of logging properly, drinking water and not exceeding the calories.

This aside, I also react the same way - spike on the scale, really bad mood for the rest of the day, bad thoughts about myself and "what's the point anyway" floating on the horizon, and I realized that that's not healthy. I shouldn't let the number on a scale - which probably is higher because I ate a super salty meal - determine that I should feel like *****. Or get a massive high when I drop 2lbs overnight. It discredits the hard work I put in exercising every day, staying within my calories, trying to be kinder to myself - all of this takes hours every day, consistent attention and I throw it all out the window because the number on my scale is a bit higher than the day before?

Don't let this discourage you. Weightloss is not linear (check out this thread, it's awesome). Keep walking the walk, and in a couple of weeks you'll look back and shake your head. If you put in the effort, you will get the results, that's the beauty of MyFitnessPal =) And we're all here for you when you are having an off-day.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options

I feel you. I also commented on your status earlier, but to repeat, I see these spikes all the time, they're usually related to water retention or just plain bad behavior on my side. It usually subsides within a couple of days of logging properly, drinking water and not exceeding the calories.

This aside, I also react the same way - spike on the scale, really bad mood for the rest of the day, bad thoughts about myself and "what's the point anyway" floating on the horizon, and I realized that that's not healthy. I shouldn't let the number on a scale - which probably is higher because I ate a super salty meal - determine that I should feel like *****. Or get a massive high when I drop 2lbs overnight. It discredits the hard work I put in exercising every day, staying within my calories, trying to be kinder to myself - all of this takes hours every day, consistent attention and I throw it all out the window because the number on my scale is a bit higher than the day before?

Don't let this discourage you. Weightloss is not linear (check out this thread, it's awesome). Keep walking the walk, and in a couple of weeks you'll look back and shake your head. If you put in the effort, you will get the results, that's the beauty of MyFitnessPal =) And we're all here for you when you are having an off-day.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Cesse47
    Check-In: Wednesday, June 3

Log all food and beverages
    Do 30 min of exercise
    Do 4 sets of walking; 5 min each

STEP CHALLENGE --- 5 MIN = 500 STEPS
    Steps to date --- 4000 steps

Tuesday, June 2 --- 2000 steps
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Jump rope challenge leaderboard:
    @888Angie888 13 minutes (longest: 60 seconds)
    @19shmoo69 10 minutes
    @metonymicalinsanity 9.5 minutes
    @mari_moulin 3.5 minutes
    @Piqueaboo

Remember this challenge is a Thursday to Wednesday challenge so get your jumps in today! I’m really trying to hit a minute straight but it’s so hard!!
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »

Thanks <3 I really needed that.
This discussion has been closed.