Something that Made You Feel Good Today

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I worked in the garage this morning...we downsized two years ago and everything would not fit in the house...I went thru about 8 boxes and sorted it all out....garbage,garage sale,and keep!...I bought 6 totes to start storing things I want to hang on to....when we moved here, I honestly did not have the energy to wrestle the stuff around!...it felt good to accomplish something...now I am taking a break and I am doing some chores inside...Man, it is hot outside!
  • conniewilkins56
    Sophie is adorable!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Just like in the dog eat doug comic! Very cute! :smile:
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member

ha, I'd never heard of that comic before. Thanks for sharing.
  • bmeadows380
    merph518 wrote: »

ha, I'd never heard of that comic before. Thanks for sharing.

you can find it on the gocomics website:

https://www.gocomics.com/dogeatdoug

Its a really cute comic strip :)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    OMG!.....I have finally been able to swim this week!...long time waiting for it to reopen...hardly anyone has been using it so we have had the pool to ourselves mostly...it’s a saltwater pool and the temp of water was 82 degrees...I hit 267 lbs this morning, a new low and 83 lbs total loss!...this really makes me feel like I am taking control of my life again...I burned over 400 calories this morning and that is a very conservative estimate....when I got home I had some cottage cheese,a kiwi, and some almonds...one problem....my swimsuit was huge on me to the point I need to get a couple of new ones ASAP....I had a huge amount of excess material and it wasn’t from dry rot or stretched elastic...the legs looked like I had a swim skirt on and I hate those suits with skirts!....I am so excited about losing weight that I can hardly contain myself...I need a microphone!

It is so much fun to see you so excited.
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    I finally jumped on the scales and discovered the damage wasn't as bad as expected. I'm 5kg heavier than when we went into lockdown in March, but that's actually ok with me.
    So. I'm back on the program, refreshed and ready to go again. I've had a long break! It's been a ride....too much to tell but let's park it and move on in a positive way.
    Walked for 65 minutes despite the rain and wind.
    Looking forward to reconnecting with everyone and meeting all the new LLs.
  • bmeadows380
    I picked my first harvest of green beans from my own garden this morning! 348g worth for supper tonight! I've gotten 3 zucchini so far, too, and my first yellow squash and 3 heads of cabbage - the 4th will be ready soon. I've had 1 harvest of broccoli and the other plants are finally producing so soon I'll have fresh broccoli again. And I've got a spaghetti squash that is starting to get a little darker yellow so in a few weeks, it will be ready, though it has 4 brethren that will be coming in close behind it, so I'm going to have more spaghetti squash than I know what to do with.....

And I have 2 baby eggplants this morning with bunch of blossoms on my other plants - I am so looking forward to fresh eggplant roasted in strips in the oven!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    @bmeadows380 - Fresh green beans are the best! My bush beans are just about done, but my pole beans are doing picking up the pace a bitl. I just picked my first surprise cucumber this week. I have a few vines planted, tons of flowers, but had only seen one tiny little cuke, despite looking closely every day. Apparently I didn't look close enough, because I found 3 big ripe ones yesterday! Enjoying some refrigerator pickles today.

Do you usually end up with a good eggplant harvest? I have just 2 plants (with one baby eggplant growing). This is the first year I've really grown them, and I'm bummed they aren't producing more!
  • conniewilkins56
    Ccricfo wrote: »
    Got a call from my doctor that the 2 polyps that they removed during my colonoscopy were benign. I'm cancer free!

Great news!
  • conniewilkins56
    I picked my first harvest of green beans from my own garden this morning! 348g worth for supper tonight! I've gotten 3 zucchini so far, too, and my first yellow squash and 3 heads of cabbage - the 4th will be ready soon. I've had 1 harvest of broccoli and the other plants are finally producing so soon I'll have fresh broccoli again. And I've got a spaghetti squash that is starting to get a little darker yellow so in a few weeks, it will be ready, though it has 4 brethren that will be coming in close behind it, so I'm going to have more spaghetti squash than I know what to do with.....

And I have 2 baby eggplants this morning with bunch of blossoms on my other plants - I am so looking forward to fresh eggplant roasted in strips in the oven!

Send those spaghetti squash down to me!...$1.69 lb here!....I make a mean italian casserole with them....I do envy you your garden and the bounty....we eat so much produce with six of us....the kids love veggies too....I love eggplant Parmesan at Olive Garden and Magios Italian Resturant....Can’t you keep squash a long time in a cool place?...you need a root cellar, not chickens!
  • bmeadows380
    Ccricfo wrote: »
    Got a call from my doctor that the 2 polyps that they removed during my colonoscopy were benign. I'm cancer free!

@Ccricfo fantastic news! That's wonderful to hear!

@eliezalot This is only the second year I've got them to grow - the first year I had 1 plant, I think it was, and got 3 or 4 eggplants from it. Last year, I tried starting them early but they didn't grow - I put them in my garden boxes and they just stayed tiny all year long. I bought new seed this year and out of 6, I had 3 get to full size and start blooming - the 3rd just sat there. I'm finding that for me, they want to be in my big black pots; they don't like the garden boxes. I have 2 small eggplants, 1 starting, and all 3 plants have 2 or 3 blooms apiece, so I'm going to wind up with several at least. Eggplant is a new vegetable for me - I only started eating it about 3 years ago and found that fresh is a million times better than store bought!

I didn't grow cucumbers this year, but I've got zucchini and yellow zucchini, spaghetti squash, 1 lone butternut squash (though I noticed bees working the plants today so hopefully I'll get a few more?), and I have 1 banana squash. The banana squash is something I discovered last year - apparently its an heirloom squash similar to a butternut (the senior citizens I talked to knew what it was but most other people didn't). I was amazed, though - I got 3 squashes from that plant, and the biggest one was the size of a large watermelon! And it lasted in my back room clear into March!

I also planted brussel sprouts though I don't know if they are going to produce this year; I've tried brussel sprouts 3 times now and while I can get beautiful plants, I can't seem to get brussel sprouts

@conniewilkins56
    I found a recipe for eggplant Parmesan that doesn't bread the eggplant; apparently there is a region in Italy that makes it that way traditionally? I love it that way - way better than the breaded kind. You roast the egg plant slices first which also reduces the water in it, then you layer it in the bottom of the pan with your sauce and bake it that way. The problem is, my mother and I have a hard time staying out of the roasted eggplant slices to leave enough to put into the Parmesan lol I like slicing it and roasting it with a little basil, too.

If I thought they'd last, I would mail you some - I'm going to have way more than I need! Actually, they probably would last okay in shipping.....

Winter squashes can be kept a long time in cold storage - spaghetti squash I think lasts a month or two, butternuts will last a couple of months, and I'm finding that the banana squash can last as much as 6 months or more. I just set the squashes in my back room furthest away from the heat; they lasted great that way.

Summer squashes like zucchini and yellow crookneck don't last long. I don't like them frozen or canned, either, though my brother will freeze them. They get soggy when they defrost or canned; he uses them in soups so it doesn't matter.
  • conniewilkins56
    My exercise this morning made me feel good and I have never been one to say that exercise makes me feel good!...I had rested my shoulder Sun and Mon and did a light workout Tues....this morning I was pushing myself and it felt good....I came home and my heart was still beating fast and I was sweating!...I don’t sweat!...I took a shower and ate lunch and I really felt what I think a normal person must feel like after an exercise session....I have so much craziness in my life right now with my husbands health issues and kids trying to get ready for virtual classes....( I know everyone has stress)...it was just really nice to take this time for me this morning and feel good about myself!