Replies

• Veeedot
    Veeedot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wed 3rd June

Track: yes
    Calories: slightly over
    Exercise: body pump les mills
    Comment: had a difficult day, the kids had lots of nice treats but I resisted 💪🏼
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi Group!

My name is Julissa, sorry it took so long for me to introduce myself things have been a little crazy here at work. I work on my feet most of day so getting in excerside at the end of the day seems hard for me but I will start off slowly. Being aware of what I eat has been the only thing that has worked for me (cal in/cal out). Lost 60 lbs 3 years ago and slowly but surely the weight has come back. I live in southern California, married, 2 sons, 15 and almost 21.
    I think it's time to get the baby weight off :)
  • hjordan2888
    hjordan2888 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thursday 4 June

Calories: yes
    Exercise: no 👎🏻
    Comment: work is getting really heavy this week and it is so hard to stay healthy in all aspects. My food is still on track but I’m finding it super hard to fit exercise into these 12/13 hour days! Any advice on fitting it in or regaining energy after work to do one!?
  • procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thursday June 4

Track:yes
    Calories:yes
    Exercise: yes, 30 min walk, 30 min yoga, 15 min Fitness Marshall video
    Comments/day/goal: I basically didn’t sit down most of the day today. This is a huge feat for me because I was off work and I tend to sit on the couch all day. Not today! Weigh in is tomorrow 🤞 for a good number!

@hjordan2888 Sadly I don’t have much advice for you. I just think of the reasons why I need to actually get off my butt after a long day. Even if I do something for only 15 minutes that’s better then nothing!
  • kakemery
    kakemery Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    @hjordan2888 what do you do? When I am super busy and have long days at work, there are a few things I do:
    Be extra good about what I eat and ensure that I prep my food. If I know I cant get the fitness in, its extra important to make good food choices, but also more difficult because I stress eat.
    Try to find ways to do little things throughout the work day. Take the stairs, do 10 squats when I take a break, etc.
    When we are allowed back in the office, I sit at a desk all day, except for during meetings. I always take the stairs for meetings. I work on the 23rd floor, so some days I will come in early and climb them up. I also have a desk elliptical that sits under my desk.
  • kakemery
    Options
    Thursday June 4

Calories:yes under
    Exercise: THENX week 5 day 4, powerlifting (squat, press, deadlift)
    Comments/day/goal: My hip was really sore today, so I had to spend quite a bit of time working on it this am. I was nervous about my fitness but after the rehab work and warming it up, was able to get my work in :-)
  • lorianncorrea
    lorianncorrea Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Where in the world are we all located?
    I'm in New Jersey, US

Where do you work out? (Home vs. gym)
    I have a gym membership but since they are all closed I signed up for beachbody on demand videos.

What’s your long term weight loss goal in pounds?
    To loose 75lbs. I have already already lost 50lbs.

• lorianncorrea
    lorianncorrea Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    For everyone that struggles with exercise. Remember

ddoge6zb2ayg.jpg
  • procolorer
    Options
    Procolorer
    June week 1
    PW: 273.6
    CW: 268.6
  • kakemery
    Options
    Thursday, June 4th

Calories: Right on.
    Exercise: stair stepping
    Comments/day/goal: My weight isn't going in the direction I want. I'm really frustrated!!
    Thursday, June 4th

Calories: Right on.
    Exercise: stair stepping
    Comments/day/goal: My weight isn't going in the direction I want. I'm really frustrated!!

Some things to potentially consider:
    Is your stress high? Could be high cortisol levels. Are you weighing/measuring everything? You might be eating more calories than you think.
    Have you looked at your macro balance? Maybe your macros are not balanced well.
    Have you tried a different fitness routine? If we stick to the same one for too long, they begin to lose effectiveness.

Try not to get too frustrated. I get it though, its hard. I have been plateaued for over a month. I had to sit down and reevaluate. I joined this challange to help with that and hopefully get over this stupid plateau. We will all get there. Just dont give up!
  • hjordan2888
    Options
    procolorer wrote: »
    Thursday June 4

Calories:yes
    Exercise: yes, 30 min walk, 30 min yoga, 15 min Fitness Marshall video
    Comments/day/goal: I basically didn’t sit down most of the day today. This is a huge feat for me because I was off work and I tend to sit on the couch all day. Not today! Weigh in is tomorrow 🤞 for a good number!

@hjordan2888 Sadly I don’t have much advice for you. I just think of the reasons why I need to actually get off my butt after a long day. Even if I do something for only 15 minutes that’s better then nothing!

I definitely agree with you here - I feel like the weekend may be the easiest to really push it out and this group is already helping to keep me motivated!

• hjordan2888
    Options
    kakemery wrote: »
    @hjordan2888 what do you do? When I am super busy and have long days at work, there are a few things I do:
    Be extra good about what I eat and ensure that I prep my food. If I know I cant get the fitness in, its extra important to make good food choices, but also more difficult because I stress eat.
    Try to find ways to do little things throughout the work day. Take the stairs, do 10 squats when I take a break, etc.
    When we are allowed back in the office, I sit at a desk all day, except for during meetings. I always take the stairs for meetings. I work on the 23rd floor, so some days I will come in early and climb them up. I also have a desk elliptical that sits under my desk.

I work for marketing and international student recruitment at a university so I’m expected to be doing data and on calls all day every day to all over the world (time zones make this very hard to have a normal 9-5!). You are totally right with finding that 10 minutes a day and in fact I’ve started a new morning yoga routine that is making me feel refreshed. Also well done you for getting all of those stairs! We’ve been told that we will have to work from home until at least October so I’ll have to search for some stairs of my own 😉 Also I am loving that a desk elliptical exists!??

• hjordan2888
    Options
    Friday 5 June

Exercise: only a small bit of stretching and yoga this morning
    Comments/day/goal: trying to find times to fit exercise in. Im not even finding time to eat atm so my calories are under but this is not the healthy lifestyle that I’m aiming for so structure is needed!
  • chedaze
    chedaze Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Friday june 5th daily log

Chedaze
    Calories: over slightly
    Exercise: kukuwa African dance (YouTube) 30 mins, weighted squats, long walk in the heat
    Comments: today was particularly hungry, need to do better staying on top of protein intake. Being a pescatarian in Nigeria is tricky and requires a lot of planning.
    Goal for tomorrow: get protein and make up for some extra calories today.
  • procolorer
    Options
    Friday June 5

Exercise: yes 34 minutes of strength training :)
    Goals/day/comments: found a new app that’s got videos of workouts! Definitely liked it, plus you can add friends and do the workouts ‘together’ :)
  • kakemery
    Options
    kakemery wrote: »

I work for marketing and international student recruitment at a university so I’m expected to be doing data and on calls all day every day to all over the world (time zones make this very hard to have a normal 9-5!). You are totally right with finding that 10 minutes a day and in fact I’ve started a new morning yoga routine that is making me feel refreshed. Also well done you for getting all of those stairs! We’ve been told that we will have to work from home until at least October so I’ll have to search for some stairs of my own 😉 Also I am loving that a desk elliptical exists!??

I am in market research at Microsoft, so have a very similar office desk job. It makes things hard being so sedentary for so long. Great job on the new routine! I find that a good morning routine with getting movement in makes my day so much better.
    Our office is closed until at least October too,so I feel the pain there! My husband is with Microsoft too and his group has already been informed that they wont be back in the office until 2021 :-/
  • kakemery
    Options
    Friday June 5

Calories: yes under
    Exercise: Jillian 30day shred level 2, THENX week 5 day 5
    Goals/day/comments:
    I got 3 strict-ish pull ups today! When I started THENX, I could not do one (5 weeks ago). They were ugly, but I dont care.
    I maintained under my calories all week, but am not happy with my macros. I was heavier on my fat then I should have been but I am so tired of chicken breast, I just wanted to do thighs and have a bit more flavor! We will see on Sunday if it impacted scale movement. Will be back to leaner protein this weekend.
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    TypingToaster
    June week 4
    Saturday
    PW: 314.2
    CW: 312.1

Last week, I realized I wasn't taking in enough liquids for my weight and activity, so I upped my non-caffeinated liquid intake this week.
  • tina9572
    tina9572 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Tina9572
    June week1

PW : 196,2
    CW : 197,0
This discussion has been closed.