Under 190
    ======
    Happy Friday Everyone! Stay Safe!
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Metubal
    PW 180
    CW 179.5

I was doing acceptable until yesterday. My carb intake has been too high, so I felt sluggish all week. But, yesterday... For the first time this summer, weather was great, sun was shining, it was 70 degrees! I took my son for a walk by the lake, we had a nice picnic... Then he wanted ice cream. Oh, I went downhill so fast! I ate about 3 cups of ice cream mixed with pieces of cheesecake, hot fudge, caramel, etc. Sigh... My name is Ebru and I am a sugar addict🙄

On a good note, I finally purchased my fishing license. For fathers day, my son wants to go fishing and for once we will be able to stop hubby from working in the yard all Sunday🙂
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    edited June 2020
    Matthewsfive

PW 162
    CW 160.2
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    @Keepingtrack1234
    So sorry about the late weigh-in.

allietuge
    June Week 3
    PW: 167.9
    CW: 169

I can't seem to focus at all.
    I'm feeling so defeated
  • glouis4
    glouis4 Posts: 174 Member
    Fitness improvement: I’ve been neglecting flexibility so after working out I’ve been stretching and have been seeing improvements with reaches. Just wanted to shout out stretching in case others forgot about it as well.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,304 Member
    glouis4 wrote: »
    Fitness improvement: I’ve been neglecting flexibility so after working out I’ve been stretching and have been seeing improvements with reaches. Just wanted to shout out stretching in case others forgot about it as well.

Love this, I have not been do my stretching, and really should, I think that I will make this my mini-challenge for the week. I also need to work on my arm strength. I tried to do a 1 minute plank after my long walk this morning... only lasted 30 seconds! This might have been partly due to being tired and my kitty wanting to play since I was on the floor. :D
  • looneycatblue
    allietuge wrote: »
    @Keepingtrack1234

allietuge
    June Week 3

I'm feeling so defeated

Only 1.1, that is not much, could just be some water weight... You can do this, as they say, just fake it till you make it... don't worry about the focus, it will come back to you. Try drinking some extra water this week, if you don't already to flush out any bloating.
  • looneycatblue
    metubal wrote: »
    Metubal
    PW 180
    CW 179.5

I was doing acceptable until yesterday. My carb intake has been too high, so I felt sluggish all week. But, yesterday... For the first time this summer, weather was great, sun was shining, it was 70 degrees! I took my son for a walk by the lake, we had a nice picnic... Then he wanted ice cream. Oh, I went downhill so fast! I ate about 3 cups of ice cream mixed with pieces of cheesecake, hot fudge, caramel, etc. Sigh... My name is Ebru and I am a sugar addict🙄

On a good note, I finally purchased my fishing license. For fathers day, my son wants to go fishing and for once we will be able to stop hubby from working in the yard all Sunday🙂

You still are down!!! So even with the extra yummy ice cream, you are succeeding. How fun to enjoy your special time with your Son, and good idea on the fishing license. Sounds like you all will have a fun outing tomorrow!
  • looneycatblue
    Mini-goal, Day 6, Thu 6/19
    Daily Cal Goal 1200
    + 1/2 Exercise 180
    - Used/Ate -1571 (extra hungry evening)
    Over 191
    ======
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue
    Saturday June 20
    PW 166.4
    CW 163.4

Whew! After weighing the same for 4 weeks in a row, I was thrilled to see this drop this morning. So happy that I didn't quit!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    allietuge wrote: »
    @Keepingtrack1234

allietuge
    June Week 3

I'm feeling so defeated

I am so sorry; this is just so incredibly hard. Despite the good weather and the feeling that things are getting slightly better, we are still in the midst of some very hard times...and we don't know how long this will last. I wish I could say more to help you or anyone feel better, but truly, things just kinda suck right now, for everyone. We are all scared and overwhelmed and anxious and uncertain. Just don't give up, because we won't give up on YOU! Keep going.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    glouis4 wrote: »
    Venting: My former job reached out with a rehire offer at a reduced salary. As we all know unemployment requires you to not decline suitable full-time work, as my employer reminded. Not happy about the coercion but this is the new disastrous world we live in.

That's some BS. Hopefully you can find a new job and leave this one high and dry when there are more employment options again.

I agree. THAT IS SOME SERIOUS BS and it makes me SO MAD.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    flourchild225
    June week 3
    PW: 135
    CW: 136.8

Guys, I can't seem to get on track at all! So frustrated and dissapointed. I don't want to make excuses either, but we are STILL in lockdown. I've barely been able to leave the house in three months. I'm just beyond exhausted mentally.

We are all right here with you. The important thing is that you are here, doing your best, each day. Stay strong. I hope restrictions lift for you soon; we are all trying to balance our mental health with what is also best for everyone. It's incredibly hard. I will be thinking about you!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    looneycatblue
    Saturday June 20
    PW 166.4
    CW 163.4

Whew! After weighing the same for 4 weeks in a row, I was thrilled to see this drop this morning. So happy that I didn't quit!

AWESOME!!! This is great news! I am so happy for you! NO QUITTING ALLOWED! :)
  • Keepingtrack1234
    HI team!
    Welcome to Week FOUR of June. In the Northern hemisphere, it's also officially summer!
    Let's kick off this last week with a challenge!

Lately, I have noticed many folks feeling discouraged or unfocused, talking about "bad" foods.
    This week, let's try a habit challenge. Losing weight is part of a much larger picture-your health, chiefly your mental and emotional health. The physical health is a nice side bonus!

So, this week, I challenge you to think of one great habit you have in place; why does it work for you?
    For me, this is always having the (same) breakfast. It's quick, easy, filling, tastes great and has lots of healthy carbs, protein and fat.

Then, think of a not great habit you have that you WANT to change.
    For me, this is eating ice cream at night out of the container at the counter in the kitchen.
    I don't like this habit because I never feel good about that mindless eating; instead, if I want ice cream, I will put it in a bowl and sit down and eat it! This makes it far less appealing-by standing up, I am in the mode that it doesn't count! (Rarely log it!)

I will check in on this daily with you!
    What's yours for the week?

For quick further reading about the power of habits, I suggest:
    https://api.gretchenrubin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/8.5x11Eating_onesheet.pdf
    https://jamesclear.com/three-steps-habit-change

Week 4 weigh in from:
    @pen1172
  • Keepingtrack1234
    It's Monday-June Week 4!
    Hope you had a great weekend!
    did you think about a habit you would like to improve? I didn't eat ice cream at my kitchen counter last night! (I didn't eat it at all-what do you know?!)

Weigh in's from:
    @Cutetomato13
    @Smilee3233
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    June 22
    Exercised? Yes. 4K. Walk today & yesterday
    Calories? Yes in budget
    Tracked? Yes
  • Smilee3233
    Smilee3233 Posts: 108 Member
    Smilee3233