MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - June 2020

1111213141517»

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Yes, I got behind on posts again- saw some more wise words I loved from @raleigh_girl . Welcome to all new members!

I've decided that this blob of losing 40ish pounds is too big of a blob and that's why I'm having trouble. So, I'm going to break it down into smaller blobs!

First blob- I would like to, Nope.... I WILL weigh 180 or less by the time I move my kids in for their fall semester. I have 8 weeks.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Oh my gosh! I wouldn't have put those two events together, that would be super scary. I think after you put the tofu in cornstarch, you could just saute the cubes in a little avocado oil/neutral oil and then follow the directions for the sauce. Junk food IS too tasty! I hope you can get your cast off so you don't have to drive with it on, that would be uncomfortable.

@TeresaW1020 I think your ring will be fine! :) The lavender latte: my husband hates it, he thinks it smells like perfume. ;) But honestly, it doesn't taste like it. Dogs are great at knowing it's dinner time! I love the quote!

@MommaGemz Great July goals! I hope you like your stationary bike!

@cherrymajoni Wow, what a stressful week!

@Katmary71 I've never heard of a Hami melon. Interesting! I understand about the plastic bags issue...it bugs me too.

Hello all! I've had a stressful day or so: yesterday, the condo above us leaked into our condo and now we have to deal with that. Grrrrr! So now we have a dryer in our house. We were going to dinner with some friends tonight but decided not to, it's too risky, COVID cases have spiked and it's not worth it. We are getting take-out food from somewhere, just the two of us.

Friday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 52+ oz of water
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    Username:Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 232
    Todays Weight: 229.4
    Loss To Date: 18.6
  • veryhotmails
    veryhotmails Posts: 171 Member
    Weigh in
    Friday
    PW 231.5
    CW 230.2
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @MommaGemz, yayy I’m glad that you are all set for the new month. It will fun to watch you meet your goals. :)

@Katmary71, First off LTD stands for Loss to date. It’s talked about on the first post in the new July thread if you didn’t find it on this one. Ohhh my goodness, do you think your doctor thinks you’re a closet alcoholic, or does he believe you? You should do what @vegan4lyfe2012 suggests and have your DNA tested. The intermittent fasting woman that I follow did that and found out some very cool stuff about her health and such. That whiskey protein coffee drink sounds interesting! :grin: We use plastic bags at Walmart and Kroger and hubby collects them all and every couple of months we take them into the front of Walmart and toss them their recycle bin that they have in the front. Maybe your store has that? My DH is a major recycler. I mean if I want something thrown in the trash and not recycled, I have to hide it. :D

@vegan4lyfe2012, that is great that the scale is down! Did you have the cast on last week when you weighed? Keep up the good work and you will be recording a very nice loss when that thing finally comes off. :)

@Cornanda, Yup I totally understand losing and gaining the same few pounds over and over again. I have a spreadsheet of my weight losses and gains since January 2018. I honestly don’t know why because it depresses the heck out of me to go back and look through it. :s I really like the idea of you breaking your weight down into smaller goals. I have to do that too. I’m not saying that I need to lose 50 lbs. I’m saying that I need to lose 10 lbs so that I can be in Onderland. B)

@trooworld, Wahoooo look at that amazing weight loss! B) I know you did the happy dance! My goodness, didn’t you already have a leak issue with your new home before? I hear you about things being too risky to go out. We were supposed to meet friends tomorrow night for dinner and we called to cancel. It’s enough of a risk that we are going to church in the morning.

@veryhotmails, nice loss this week!! :)

Hey everyone! We just had a major thunderstorm blow through. My little dog is NOT a fan of thunder. :# Today was a good day. I fasted 19 hours and then had a small lunch and for dinner I made the best chicken salad. I learned how to poach my chicken in the Instant Pot. It comes out so moist and flavorful. Just pop in and cover with chicken stock, salt, pepper, a little garlic powder, and a bay leaf. You set the IP to 0 minutes. Let it come to pressure and then natural release for 10 minutes. Perfect chicken! :)

You all head over to the new July post and make your introductions. This one will be closed in the morning. :)
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 689 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in (weekend check in...? Month check in....? LIFE check in?????)

Hello my sweets! <3:)<3

I'm going to be brief because I am in kind of a crazy-making mode. Job stuff has gone crazy with a LOT of things to follow-up on on Monday. I have been networking and had a lot of feedback and followup - and then some waiting - and a LOT of followup from that, hence my Monday plans. PLUS. My old job CEO/founder punted me a consulting gig which is phenom. I was stunned - it makes me want the back story again of why I was let go and I had already laid it to rest....until my interest was rebirthed by this really stunning turnabout of actions. Anyway - super exciting opportunity and more. Oddly, between the conversation with the consultee and a quick info-seeking email to old-job-CEO....uh, I find I will have to navigate the waters of the CEO's personality and drive for quick action....which is all sincerely well-meaning but not in the best interest of the consultee, for the circumstance. Uh. I'll get through it - just have to think about the best communication strategy. AND. I'll remember this and not have her be the well of information I drink from in the future - if there is any getting out of it.

Tomorrow - long drive to go see a nephew I have never met - - - son of a half sister that I am not close to but her mother has always championed a relationship. It may be my only chance to meet him, at least as a child, and I believe it to be important. 6 hours of driving for a 2-3 hour visit....oy.

I'm a bit overwhelmed and these are only the highlights; I am thankful (blindly and in advance) of your understanding and patience with my silence. I have been reading and will post an intro on the July board, likely Monday, and.....ya know.....maybe start anew with less anxiety. One can hope.

Many wishes for a wonderful Sunday - and life. <3

Maria
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    @raleighgirl09

"buying has not caught up to my food "

Its coz family is buying me food when usually I will do my own shopping. But with Covid-19, we're only having one person yo go shopping.

Plus I'm eating my own food and so one packet of kale takes a week for me to finish only if i eat it every meal. But then food gets bad any longer.

I'm trying to eat through my frozen food instead of buying more. But always buy fresh veg.

raleighgirl09 what do you no longer eat but still buy for? Or do you mean you buy too many veggies when you now eat less?

apple852hk wrote: »

Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 2 - June 2020 Sunday
    PW 148 (67kg)
    CW 147lbs (66.9kg)

Lost - just! I'm not really losing but maintaining.

I'm eating meals as I keep buying fresh food that needs eating.

I brought a treat of Welch's Grape juice. But i never feel like drinking it. It's been 5 days and still half the packet left. Then i feel the need to finish it. That's what it's like with food.

I need to work on my portion control again.

I ate doughnuts twice in a week as family brought it.

Thought I was eating well as last week binged on chocolate. But eating more vegetables just still big portions.

I've written this quote and stored it with my chocolate stash:
    "I'm about to eat this chocolate,but I don't need it. Eating it will cause me to gain weight and hurt my health". - (Book: Atomic Habits p.66)

Didn't walk every morning as it's been raining heavily.

Drunk less coffee, only 1 cup in the morning.

GOAL
    1. eat less hot cross bun for breakfast
    2. Say the notice mantra before eating chocolate.

@Apple852hk Wow - feels like I could have written so much of this myself!! First - congrats on a great weigh-in! As one who deals in pounds, a whole pound looks awesome to me!! Maybe for these moments you could cuddle up to the pounds versus kilos...? Haha!! :D:D:D

I so have to watch the 'food is around but I get other food' thing. One of the contributing factors for me is that I eat less than I used to and it's hard to get into that mindset when shopping - like my buying has not caught up to my food life. So then I have more than I may have wanted or needed of a particular thing(s) and to not waste I have to keep eating what's around...or, you know, get something anyway. Just curious, do you experience this? And - other Slims - is this happening to anyone else?

We've also had a lot of rain and it has made the walking harder to navigate! Hoping it stays dry for a while and is one less hurdle!

I love your chocolate mantra, what a great visual from you - to YOU!! And I'm always impressed with your ability to just say - "Hey, I ate these things, they weren't on plan." I think your style of - recognize, acknowledge, assess, plan - is really smart!!!

Cheers! =>[/quote]

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    The July challenge starts today! Please bookmark and head on over to https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801609/mission-slimpossibles-team-chat-july-2020#latest
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    This chat is now closed. Head on over to JULY!
This discussion has been closed.