TRIMSTONES Team Chat - July 2020

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    Worked out 3 days in a row, yayy. Did shoulders, biceps, triceps on saturday, legs, back, chest yesterday, and today i did a quick 30 minute whole body workout I found 9n youtube. I would like to do more but I have to get paundry done and figure out dinner, so maybe just walking in place while i fold? We will see.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    7/10-12,312
    7/11-9,359
    7/12-9,148
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    edited July 2020
    To All:
    It's funny, but we all know each other just by our nicknames and the postings we make...so my challenge to you is to share 3 things this week:
    1. What made you choose your nickname when joining Fat2Fit?
    2. What person(s) in our TrimStones family have made the biggest influence on your weight loss journey? and finally,
    3. What funny visions pop in your head when you see certain people's nicknames/postings in our chatroom?

Love this Jessica!

1. Erm because I'm terrible at making up online names so just used my own when I set up the account 10 long years ago. There's been several ups and downs since then.
    2. All of you are really inspiring me but @jessicakrall8 for sharing the good and the bad and always being there to perk us up. @angmarie28 for being a workout machine and @kmfeig87 for her extraordinary stepping powers - you both look amazing ladies! @jax_grimfor 87 lb lost - wow, that is truly amazing!
    3. @jax_grim I have no idea why but your name always makes me think of superheroes 😁 @mulecanter sounds like cocktail (prob says a lot about my mentality ☺) @kmfeig87 always reminds me of Irish names that I'm never sure how to pronounce, @mynacha73 conjures up pictures of mynah birds 🐦
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    7/10-12,312
    7/11-9,359
    7/12-9,148

@angmarie28 Either you're talented or I'm typo-prone. I have 12,312 for both the 9th and 10th. Please advise...thanks! :smile:
    Jessica
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Mulecanter
    Monday, Week 4
    PW: 212.5
    CWL 212
    LTD: 37

1. What made you choose your nickname when joining Fat2Fit?

Mulecanter has been my handle is several places. It comes from my honeymoon. We went horseback riding on the big island of Hawaii. While getting assigned horses it was determined that my gross weight exceeded the max load capacity of their horses, I was assigned a mule for the ride instead. My bride had ridden horses many times, I had really no experience. During the ride I got my mule to catch up to the group by saying "heeyah" and doing the heel thing. It did go into a canter and its ears were flopping up and down like an English spaniel. My wife was watching the entire thing and was cackling on the hysterical sight my steed and I made coming across the meadow. Thus, "mule canter".

2. What person(s) in our TrimStones family have made the biggest influence on your weight loss journey?

I must say I've been inspired by @kmfeig87 and her ability to hit goal weight and do chemo at the same time--stunning really. I appreciate @jessicakrall8 dedication to the group and her personal vendetta (challenge) to me on the Onderland/Twoterville journey.

3. What funny visions pop in your head when you see certain people's nicknames/postings in our chatroom?

I like @vikster11111 because I'm a Vikings fan from Minnesota. @kcpond makes me think of lake country too.
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    I'm going to try posting this one more time, because not one person responded...I'm hoping it's because the weekend was busy...

@jessicakrall8 Sorry about that. It's been a busy weekend. My sister and I had the unenviable task of sorting and cleaning out her 2nd freezer. Not a standalone large freezer thank goodness. Just the freezer of the old fridge in the garage. That's because her husband (they are separated) accidentally left the freezer door ajar when he came by to drop off and pick up some stuff in the garage. Everything in the freezer thawed out overnight. Thank goodness I went out there to look for something in the fridge the next day and noticed the freezer wasn't properly closed. We had to decide what to do with everything. We ended up tossing about half and prepping and/or cooking the other half. Next we had to clean the freezer. Not fun. We still have short ribs marinating and needs to be cooked.

Anyway, my response! :smile:

1. I chose my nickname because I was thinking of arcs in circles and curves, plus, my very round shape. I still want some curves, the nice ones, so Arc makes up the first part of my name. The second part is easy. I thought a goal of 130 pounds would be a good starting point because I read a BMI chart somewhere that said for a woman my height 130 lbs is on the high end of normal range. I'll readjust my goal if necessary when I reach it.

2. I think I'm inspired by so many people here. People with harder things to deal with than myself. They are staying on point and doing well or making the effort to right themselves when they're not doing well. I would do well to emulate. I also love reading people's posts and pictures. However, @jessicakrall8, you reached out to me when I was feeling down and nudged me to stay when I was thinking of quitting, so I think you influenced me the most. You also put out so much effort to engage us and encourage us, so thank you! :smile:

3. The only things that pop up visually for me are the animal names Emmajhare, mulecanter, and the nature name like simbersea. So I see one of those giant rabbits (I don't know the difference between a hare or a rabbit) eating a salad, I see a horse (because I don't know what a mule particularly looks like) cantering, and I see the beach and sea waves.
  • Emmajhare
    gubn1uyai3er.jpg

So thanks to this hairy hooligan we've been getting hardly any sleep for the last week, which hasn't helped with healthy eating choices as I crave energy. I have at least been easily making my 10k steps each day and having a bit of an arm workout (as he does not know how to walk nicely on a lead yet)! The poor thing was so anxious, he was pacing up and down at night. Last night we rearranged the furniture in our bedroom, to make him a nice enclosed den in the corner. He slept through! Possibly through exhaustion but I'm hoping he now feels safe and he will continue to sleep at night. He also seems to have finally realised that no one appreciates being presented with a slobbery toy bear at 4.30am!
  • Arc130
    Arc130
    Steps
    Monday 7/13- 10383

@Emmajhare What a cutie! Is he a mixed breed?
  • Emmajhare
    Arc130 wrote: »
    Arc130

@Emmajhare What a cutie! Is he a mixed breed?

Yes his cuteness fortunately overrides the amount of stress he brings! We think he might have a bit of labrador and possibly pointer in there somewhere but no one really knows.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    iehdf60n0vwd.jpg

We have two cats in addition to two dogs (don't get me started). When Elsa (primary cat) learned that Trimstoners were enjoying my dog photos, this was her reaction. How a 64 oz cat can dominate a 75 pound German shepherd is beyond me.
  • jessicakrall8
    mulecanter wrote: »

We have two cats in addition to two dogs (don't get me started). When Elsa (primary cat) learned that Trimstoners were enjoying my dog photos, this was her reaction. How a 64 oz cat can dominate a 75 pound German shepherd is beyond me.

It's easy @mulecanter ...cats rule and dogs drool! :smile: I can't type your name now without picturing a guy on a donkey...I LOVE THAT!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

My Lacy is hiding from the world today...here she is...

or4ie4d3x6ag.jpg

She's got a rough life...
    Jessica
  • Arc130
    @mulecanter @jessicakrall8 @emmajhare I'm loving your pet pictures! :smile:
  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    How many days are missing? I can go back through the postings and look for them.

yesterday (7/13): 9382
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    7/13 steps - 10944

So I picked up a TENS unit. They are electronic muscle stimulators for pain relief. For $38 it is amazing.
  • ShredWeek1
    7/14: 9993
  • ShredWeek1
    Emmajhare wrote: »
    gubn1uyai3er.jpg

So thanks to this hairy hooligan we've been getting hardly any sleep for the last week, which hasn't helped with healthy eating choices as I crave energy. I have at least been easily making my 10k steps each day and having a bit of an arm workout (as he does not know how to walk nicely on a lead yet)! The poor thing was so anxious, he was pacing up and down at night. Last night we rearranged the furniture in our bedroom, to make him a nice enclosed den in the corner. He slept through! Possibly through exhaustion but I'm hoping he now feels safe and he will continue to sleep at night. He also seems to have finally realised that no one appreciates being presented with a slobbery toy bear at 4.30am!

That's so wonderful that you are helping him!
  • jessicakrall8
    ShredWeek1 wrote: »
    How many days are missing? I can go back through the postings and look for them.

yesterday (7/13): 9382

@ShredWeek1 I think you're misunderstanding me. When you sign up to be on the step team, you're supposed to set a daily step goal so you can challenge yourself to meet that mark every day. I started at 5,000...now I'm doing 7500. I don't hit it every day, but I try. Last month I did 7,000 so went up another 500 steps this month. I just need you know your daily goal, so I can fill it in on the chart. You do know where to find the chart so you can see it as well, right? It's on the same spreadsheet as the monthly weigh ins...just scroll down and the step chart is right under the weight chart. We're the TrimStones tab (purple). The link to it is on the Main Fat2Fit page...it changes every month...but always in the same spot. If you look, yours is the only one with a question mark on it...to the right of your name.

Thanks!
    Jessica
  • ShredWeek1
    Got it! My daily goal would be 8,000 steps. I'll find that link! Thanks!
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    12/7 7,740 steps
    13/7 0 recorded
    14/7 0 “

• RaeWats
    RaeWats Posts: 57 Member
    Steps - sorry I’m behind!

07/09 6893
    07/10. 9816
    07/11 8151
    07/12 11,800