Welcome and intros

Options
123457»

Replies

• khakstol
    khakstol Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a Canadian guy who has some experience with distance running. From 40-50 I completed 10 marathons. I live in Lethbridge AB near the Rocky mountains. Over the last year I have gotten back into the longer runs and have incorporated X-training cycling and hiking. As today is my birthday I'm considering setting a goal for the coming year. Maybe an ultra or if I can figure out how to make it through the swim a triathlon. Looking forward to offering support and learning from everyone in the group.
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've done two marathons (Eau Claire and Lincoln) and my goal race this year is Twin Cities. My last two were spring marathons and I found I had a hard time adjusting to ~70 degree temps after training in cold & snow, so I'm trying a fall race this time around. I'm not fast by any means but I'm working on it!
  • alane267
    alane267 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Aaron, I have a background in distance running but to a hiatus for a few years and gained some weight. I'm looking to get back into the running scene and get inspired to continue running again. I've done 3 marathons (twice the Columbus, Ohio, and the Flying Pig in Cincinnati, Ohio). Not looking to do any more but am looking to run for fitness improvements.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Steve. I started running in 2009. I ran my first half marathon in 2010. I am a slow runner, averaging 12:30 minute miles. I am 57 years old. My oldest son was killed in a car wreck in 2010, six weeks before I ran that half marathon. I really didn't run much after that, and have had several starts and stops with running. I have missed running, and still want to do a marathon. I have recently started running again, and want to run my marathon in the Fall of 2019. I think that gives me enough time to get a base built up, and train. I want to get myself to where I can run a 5:30 marathon. I train using a heart rate based training method. When I was training for my first half, I got to the point where I could run 8 miles without stopping to walk, while keeping the HR in "zone". I am also a fan of walk/run method, but would prefer to get to where I just slow down to get the HR down a bit, then continue on.

As of this writing, I am just getting back into running. I'm at the 5 miles per week mark, but will increase that a little a week for awhile. I sorta know what I'm doing, but always learning. I also need to lose about 40 pounds.

As part of my training, I will probably run a few 5K or 10K races. My focus, however will be a half in the Spring of 2018, another half in the Fall of 2018, and Spring of 2019, and a full marathon in the Fall of 2019. I'll be 59 then.
  • deraffemikey06
    deraffemikey06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just joining the group now. I'm a marthon runner who has run 15+ marathons. I'm looking to get faster and hopefully get under a 2 hour 40 minute marathon.