MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,647 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in
    Exercise- gardening, arm cardio, Fitness Marshall dance, stretching/yoga, Kundalini yoga, root chakra balancing, arm weights, foam rolling, earth energy meditation. Wow, I've changed from my "slay the cardio" self!
    Water- over 100 ounces plus 2 Diet Pepsi

Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Arm weights/abs- done
    Yoga- done
    Chakra balancing- done
    Recipe- yeah, I may just scrap this since I won't be able to do more than use citrus, some vinegars, mustard, and whatever compliant stuff that isn't $100 a bottle so I'm not very thrilled anymore about recipes. Being a big fat baby about this, I realize that.
    Steps- 11,000

Nothing new, I'm farting rainbows and positive energy and my cats are following me everywhere rubbing all over me so I'm doing something right! I spent half my workout sending love and white light to my cats and not getting anything done but petting them and trying to stretch without disturbing THEIR resting places on MY yoga mat. Guess I'm doing something right! Don't feel the best but am trying to distract myself. AND I have enough calories for a peanut butter tortilla but am skipping it again!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Okay, phew. I checked, and all the active Step Challengers (including @bethanie0825 ! and @MommaGemz ! ) appear to have gotten their data synced today. (The only outlier is one person who has also not weighed in. (Not naming & shaming but will see if I can send them a "ping - we miss you!")

I do have a mystery as relates to the Step Challenge. There's a new name on the list that does not match up to an MFP name. Is there a busy stepper here named Mike, from Canada?

Monday Check-In
    Food: all on plan (Today's indulgence was having almond butter & some goji berries twice; all weighed and on plan, so not out of control. Oh, and also some fresh mango. Yum!)
    Water: fine
    Exercise: 50+ min outdoor walk with husband
    Steps: met goal
    Arm weights done
    (Should add abs to list. Not doing that yet!)

@KatMary71 - Kudos to your willpower re the peanut butter tortilla! And yay to all that yoga!
    Big hugs on the diet changes. I am super impressed that you are in there working the problem, even when it seems not fair. It sounds like you are working the problem and doing all the right things to figure out what will work, even if what will work seems like a bigger ask than it "should" be.
    On books - I had the same response as yo to Laurel Hamilton. She turned into an erotica writer and quit being my cup of tea.
    If you like vampires, have you tried Barbara Hambly's James Asher series? I liked Those Who Hunt the Night (first in series).

@egan4lyfe2012 - Yay! Welcome back to weigh-ins!
    I have not read James Rollins, but he sounds great!

@TeresaW1020 - You are sounding so very planful and dedicated! Go, Teresa, go!

@GretchenReine - Hurray for acknowledging your wins! "No sweets" (including no ice cream!!!) and "no sodas"was really great!
  • melissa2013m
    melissa2013m Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Username- melissa2013m
    Weigh In Day- Monday
    Previous- 258.2
    Current- 256.6
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain I'm ashamed to admit I pigged out a bit tonight. Guess that means I may be starting my diet sooner as aside of cucumbers I ate "bad stuff" like popcorn, cheese, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

As for the author, I'll check it out! Funny, I named Asher after Asher the werewolf in Laurel Hamilton, maybe James Asher would be a better one!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,985 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yes, I'm glad that I had a chance to try out my handiwork and I do hope that I have a good weigh-in. If I don't step up the water, I won't be having a good weigh-in!!! Sounds like you had a good day yesterday, woo hoo!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I know you weren't talking to me but I wanted to chime in and say I like horror books. Do you? If you do, have you read Joe Hill's Heart-Shaped Box? That's the scariest book I've ever read! It had me looking in the corners of the room at night lol. And it's good writing, too. He's Stephen King's son, you might know that though. I've never read James Rollins. He sounds interesting. Do you know how long you will have to be in rehab once your cast is off?

@Katmary71 NICE! Thank you for pointing it out! Here it is, in case anyone can't find it (I hope this link works, it's within the Fat 2 Fit Weight Loss Challenge and Support Group): https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803881/recipes#latest

Hello everyone! Yesterday was a productive day: I made a couple of recipes so that I am a day ahead in cooking. I also finished my book for book club (the meeting is tonight, so just in time!). And I think the insurance issue is about straightened out with the bathroom so work can begin again. Yay!

Monday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: YouTube video, eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 3 more days with the cast - Boooo. HUGS! You can do it and you'll feel as light as a feather when it's off!

@Katmary71 As a former yoga teacher, your daily routine sounds wonderful! Although I'm not a good gardener at all - poor plants! :o I also LOVED Laurell K Hamilton, but I felt the same way @AustinRuadhain - she turned into a romance/erotica writer and totally lost the style that I enjoyed so much. I'm so surprised the series is still going!

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 198
    Todays Weight: 198
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @Jactop - Hurray for staying in Onederland! 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

@MommaGemz - I am right there with you on being surprised that Laurell K. Hamilton is still going. I can only guess that some readers love the erotica and are happy she leaned in to that element. At some point, I put a book of hers down without finishing it. When the next one came out, I looked at it enough to decide it was more of the same, and she fell off my list of writers.

@trooworld - If you like Joe Hill, have you read The Fireman? That one kept me up late.
    Ooh, and have you read Joe Lansdale?

Okay, off to look at FitRockr and then do things I put on today's list!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    2020shih wrote: »
    Hi just letting you know that I will be leaving mfp.
    I have decided to do ww as from today .

@2020shih I second the motion that you don't have to leave! I started WW as well and do not track on MFP anymore for now. But I love this group so much I still check in everyday and log my weight weekly here.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW (6/22/2020): 209
    Check in weight (6/29): 206.8
    Check in weight (7/6):206.6
    Check in weight (7/13):204.6
    Check in weight (7/20):205.8
    Check in weight (7/27):

A little bit of an off week this week, but it's ok! I'm still moving in the right direction and feeling so much better. I can see the little changes in my body and moving more, so YAY ME!

This is so awesome! I love your attitude and love how not stopped you are by The Number. Thanks for sharing this moment for me to be inspired by the next time I weigh in and Do Not Like The Number! :lol:

• AustinRuadhain
    edited July 2020
    Options
    afhsr2rhxr5k.jpg

:star:Congratulations to all our Slimpossibles Step Challengers! :star:

MARK YOUR CALENDARS, STEPPERS!
    Mondays are SYNC YOUR DEVICE/FITROCKR DAY!
    I will try to get a reminder out early next Monday instead of late in the day. It looks like all is ok for this week, though?
    See league standings and your step count anytime: https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/challenge/5eba81b1272b550001ef4f79
    If your steps are not up to date, log on to FitRockr and use the manual sync option to make sure your steps for the week get loaded!
    Tuesday is the day when we finalize our Slimpossibles Step Challenge for the previous week.

We logged an amazing number of steps last week!
    Mike Perrot (Canada, sturgeon county, Fitbit user) - I am not sure who this is? Can someone help me match the name? Or do we have a lurker (?!) in the league? (if yes, we can drop them..?)
    @Cornanda with 89.386 steps
    @raleighgirl09 with 86,008 steps
    @Katmary with 81,754 steps
    @MommaGemz with 78,220 steps
    @Jactop with 75,266 steps
    @cherrymajoni with 64,359 steps

Also logging great step counts! @bethanie0825 , @DesertColibrí , @GretchenReine , @gwamajtw91, @leonadixon , and of course our fearless leader @TeresaW1020 !

Together we logged an astounding 924,175 steps last week! That's about 438 miles / 704 kilometers ! Go, SlimSteppers, go!🤩

CHECK IN ON OUR LEAGUE STANDINGS at any time here: https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/challenge/5eba81b1272b550001ef4f79

dxcyesrov8zp.gif

JOIN THE STEP CHALLENGE AT ANY TIME! Would a step challenge would be fun and/or help you stay in motion? If so, join us!
    1. Set up an account on FitRockr.com
    2. Then click this link to join the challenge: https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e42db924dbe5b0001973d73/c81a3fad-1c5a-450d-aef7-6dc1a64a3e7d
    3. Ping me if you have any problems getting set up. People occasionally hit a road bump getting syncing to go smoothly, but so far everyone seems to have worked it out (FitRockr is free and has a surprisingly helpful support team).

SYNCING STEP DATA You need to sync your tracker with its native app first (e.g. Misfit, Fitbit, Google Fit, Garmin, etc). Fitrockr SHOULD then automatically fetch your data from the tracker's app after a few minutes. If that's not working, you can try going to your profile and disconnecting and then reconnecting to your platform (Fitbit, Garmin, etc) to reset the connection. You can also use the manual sync option (phone interface).

Happy and healthy stepping to everyone!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,018 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @GretchenReine --- you are doing a great job in sticking to your plan. Hang in there!
    @bethanie0825 @MommaGemz - Lately fitrockr stops syncing late every week for me- usually Friday. It's fine- I just do it manually. Way better than typing in my steps every day!
    @TeresaW1020- you are doing so great with your fasting. Impressive!
    @vegan4lyfe2012- I'm excited for you to get that cast off!
    @Katmary71 - wow! Your Mom reads 10 books a week- amazing!
    @leonadixon - glad to hear things are coming along for you!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,985 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain I started The Fireman but it wasn't my cup of tea. BUT...I was listening to it with my husband and he tends to be really picky and color my opinion of things when we are listening together (which we were), so I may give it another go. I have not read Joe Lansdale, I'll check him out, thanks! Is there a particular book to start with?

@2020shih @leonadixon I also only track on WW. I just come here for the awesome support and fun! :)
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @trooworld - Don't feel a need to try The Fireman again on my behalf! I just wondered. It was a so-so for me, but I thought maybe I was not enough of a horror reader.
    Joe Lansdale may have been kind of a too-far-out suggestion. He is so much his own thing that he wins horror awards, he wins mystery awards, scifi/fantasy readers love some of his stuff. He wrote the book behind the movie Cold in July and the nivels behind the Hap and Leonard series that was on Sundance (a series I really liked!). You might take a look at a couple of his titles on Amazon, to see if any call to you. My starting place suggestions: The Bottoms and Terror is Our Business.
    Here's an overview of his work:
    https://www.denofgeek.com/books/a-readers-guide-to-joe-lansdale/
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Congrats to our amazing steppers!!! You are all an inspiration. B)B)B)

Hi everyone! I hope you have all had a good day. Mine was busy because I had to take my mom to the doctor and then she wanted to go shopping with me. I did my workout and then some housework. I fasted 20 hours and made a very tasty meatloaf and roasted red potatoes for dinner. :)

I encourage you to have an awesome week and focus not only on your goals but also on how far you have come!! <3

knqiqidkjb47.jpg

• Katmary71
    Options
    @MommaGemz Wow, you give me yoga advice and I'll give you gardening advice! I mostly have a big herb garden, then out of the veggies the only ones doing well are cherry tomatoes though I'm getting one huge pepper on one of my pepper plants. My cucumber plant only has girl flowers so I may not be getting anything but blooms this year. Yoga's been interesting so far. I did all natural healing-type things when I was first injured with both my spine issues and later the pelvic nerve damage like chiropractors, holistic healing, energy healing, massage, acupressure, acupuncture, gemstone healing, magnets, self-hypnosis, etc. but ended up on heavy drugs. Yoga combines a lot of things I've done before, I'm just more of a spazz (probably why I have nerve problems). So far I'm doing good with the breathing part though it's super slow. Deep breathing is cool but fire breathing is weird but I'll get used to it. I like verbalizing Ohm but feel weird chanting but think listening to it is pretty. The actual movements are awesome, my body loves it. And to find out I've been working on my root chakra dancing around the room is pretty cool, I feel less guilty for flaring up my legs! I just overdo everything and don't want to have a spiritual explosion if everything I'm reading really happens! If this was a challenge I'd be all over flying over the finish line but know it's a life long thing.

This is super mushy but we really have an awesome group. I'm so glad I read about Fat2Fit and decided to try it for a month and see how it went. You've all become good friends, thank you for all your support, encouragement, and bravery in sharing what you go through. To those of you on the quieter side you matter too, feel free to pipe up as we'd love to get to know you better as well! We definitely have more in common that goes beyond just health here. Big fat hugs and kisses!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in (kinda, sorta - half a check in)

Hey gang, I'm having quite the week with the A/C out again and my mom having trouble on Saturday and then breaking a leg on Sunday and now hospitalized. Lots of little irritants all around those things so I'm kinda washed up for much to say. But did want to let you know I have not disappeared, just not engaged. Hoping to catch up by the weekend!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In

Username = bethanie0825
    Day - Tuesday
    Previous - 226.8 ( I think...)
    Current - 226.8

leonadixon wrote: »
    2020shih wrote: »
    Hi just letting you know that I will be leaving mfp.
    I have decided to do ww as from today .

@2020shih I second the motion that you don't have to leave! I started WW as well and do not track on MFP anymore for now. But I love this group so much I still check in everyday and log my weight weekly here.

I no longer track on here either but you guys rock and it's even more support and motivation! As for WW, I'm bethanie0825 there as well!
This discussion has been closed.