Hi Team!
    Weigh in today is rubbish! Or though it's my TOTM so I'm blaming it 🙈😂

ells_runs
    Week 4
    Monday
    PW 213.2lbs
    CW 212.6lbs

Good luck everyone! ♥️

It may not be want you wanted but a loss is a loss and that’s a loss!! A little more than a half pound is not bad at all. Wear that tiara👸🏻 👏🏼👏🏼

Spent about an hour outside running around and through the sprinkler with J. She was loving it. It’s another hot one socwe we’re out early when we have more shade. I plan to do Pilates when she naps.

@Gidgitgoescrazy and @KellyBgetsfit You are both beautiful. I hope you can see that because I do. Yes as we age our skin doesn’t look like it used to, but it’s our body’s natural process. There are things we can do to help it keep its beauty, but it is what is inside your wonderful souls that is most important. But if you want the name of an amazing face cream, let me know. I don’t sell it, but I’ve used it. A bit pricey.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ended up starving again in the evening and caving in and eating. This is getting to be a pattern and I don't like it! I have typically not eaten after supper and been okay but this turns me into a grumpy bear.
    On a positive note I did a legs workout this morning that had me really working. And if the rain stays away we are going to try to golf this afternoon.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    I'm back!

Weigh-in this morning: 239lbs.
    That's the same as my last one before I went on the trip which was way lower than it should have been (maybe 4lbs down?) so very happy with that!
    Apologies for my absence, things are back to normal now!

So glad to see you! I was worried you had sailed off into the sunset. Of course, that would have gotten you to Canada eventually. It's nice here! I'll get you all updated and look forward to hearing more :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Sun Steps - 11,435
    Sun Workout Barre Blend and Elliptical
    Eating - I didn't have enough calories and ended up eating what I made my kids for dinner.
    Hi Kelly - if you put in the number of minutes of your workouts I can convert that to a # of steps and add it to your already fabulous numbers! Also, for workouts - give me an idea of how intense they are, from "working my muscles hard but not really sweating" to "hose me down afterwards, and give me oxygen!" Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    @CanadianGiraffe - did you have a nice big lunch yet? If not, or if your lunch is small, plan an afternoon snack!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    @yinxfed Congrats on finally getting that scale moving. Hope you are still doing your workout program and didn't have to abandon it!

Thank you!
    No, I was as good as gold - minimal snacking, nothing after supper and more water. I couldn't give up my workouts (I might even be a little bit addicted!)
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @jugar I did 40 minutes and I would say moderate. I was definitely sweating!

@micki48 what face cream do you use? I recently started using drunk elephant and love it.

I am stress eating today. A lot.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    What a great morning! After watering the small garden, we walked to the pond ("town beach") and swam. We had the place to ourselves for the most part. I read aloud while we drip dried and we ate breakfast when we returned.
    I feel so much better today than yesterday...a great reminder that exercise helps us manage physical and emotional health.
    @jugar good story about the "NO-photo Taking strategies". You were really good at preventing the rest of us from attempting your capture!
    Emily will be here later this evening for the next week or so. Steve's gig as a manager for a restaurant in Kentucky was foiled by C-19. Two of the staff had positive tests so, they closed for now and he's in Vermont in quarantine. He's spent 2 days "SUV camping" and is now ready to be indoors. Since he pays for the apartment in Winooski, it makes sense that he'll be there for the duration while Em goes elsewhere (yup, "Hi Mom!").
    Yeehah.
    Have a great night, y'all.
  • jugar
    Options
    The crazy quarantine stories continue! @evelynladams527 - I hope you and Em have a great week even though it is yet another with someone holing up for the duration. I miss seeing you all! But glad I don't have to go through all that... Cases are ramping up here a bit now that it is the annual "construction holiday" - it's a bit like France here in Québec where all the construction industry workers have the same 3 weeks off every year, so most other workplaces also close and go on holiday. I am sure that restaurants and bars are as full as they are allowed to be, and that things will get a bit dicey. We do have a 100% masks required for all indoor spaces (except while you eat, of course!) as of a few days ago. Let's hope that helps.

The message about how much better exercise helps us feel is an important one, though. At the moment when you are drooping and feeling like doing nothing - remember this! It is not a cure-all, but it helps. And it is somewhat addictive in a good way, right @YinxFed ?

Have a lovely night, see you all tomorrow!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Forgot my cereal.... So I ran to the store and bought it... Sure I coulda just ate my grapes then ordered out for lunch... but nope, I went to the store and bought my cereal, I was gonna buy some apples but the ones I like weren't onsale, and I refuse to pay $ 3.49 for apples...

I get skin is supposed to age, and I'm normally okay with it... But ya know what causes your skin to look bad, drinking and smoking, and thats what I was doing on Saturday, so.... I started my quit smoking meds again, and I will just avoid drinking parties, not supposed to drink on this med anyway... My willpower is just shot on the whole smoking thing, so doing the meds for 3 months will help alot... That picture was just UGH... but it's okay, it gave me a kick in the rear, that I apparently needed...

@micki48 - What cream do you use ? I use a variety of stuff. It basically depends on whats onsale, or what free samples I can get, I will occasionally splurge, but ugh some of that stuff is so expensive... I use Lancome make up, and always order everything separate, cause they give a ton of samples with each purchase, so it's a good way to Supplement my skin care, lol....

Anyway, got up and exercised this morning.. It's stupid hot here, like 98 with a feel of 114...

• CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a better food day. But we didn't get to golf. They had to close the course because it was still too wet from all the rain on Sunday. It is sunny here today so maybe we'll get out later...
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I had a great day but last night a whole different story. I craved sweets and chocolate that I felt like a drug addict looking for a score. I went through every cabinet every corner of the kitchen looking for something and of course I found it and went way overboard. Today I feel really bad for what I did and I know I can't do that again. I knew it was wrong but I didn't care in the moment.

My question is how do I stop myself the next time????
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Today was my 38th birthday!
    Happy Birthday

• matthewsfive
    Options
    is there a way to access the May spreadsheet?? I forgot to see what my loss for the month was.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! I have declared today a NO CHOCOLATE zone. Just for you @matthewsfive ! You identified the craving crazies - it seems we want that thing so bad, we know it is bad bad bad, but we do it anyhow. Next time you're searching the cupboards, sit down right away, visualise the entire event from that moment forward. Imagine eating all the chocs and sweets, then seriously imagine the aftermath. Then do not get up until you have figured out something else that could give you the same result you are searching for. Why are you craving sweets? What are they going to give you? Could anything else give you that? Really scratch your head. Then go post in this week's challenge! Everyone needs to share these craving moments, and learn from the times we fail. Because we all fail. There is no such thing as "I can't do that again". You will be tempted, and hopefully you will have some tools to divert that craving, but you might blow it again some day. Build that tool box and it will happen less.
    The craving challenge: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10804256/week-4-challenge-beat-cravings-temptations-and-inertia#latest

@conleywoods happy birthday yesterday! I loved 38. I had my daughter that year (my first kid! I'm an old mama) so it was a year that changed my life. You certainly had a busy and wonderful sounding birthday, and you were amazing about counting all the calories and keeping your intake under control even while still having wonderful yummy stuff. Well done!

@Gidgitgoescrazy you are doing the right thing - stopping smoking is SO difficult. Keep trying and you'll get to the point when you are not tempted in the slightest. You will! And your skin will thank you o:) Or keep kicking you in the rear until it works. Hang in there!

Hope you're golfing @CanadianGiraffe B)
This discussion has been closed.