Replies

• Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday
    Weigh in Curvybaja55
    PW 171.2
    CW 171.2
    I thought it would it easier to lose in the summer moving more but the scale not moving.😞😞.
    Everyone have a great day stay cool for those of us in the summer season.
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday:

KittyInBoots17:

PW: 229.0
    CW: 229.2

This one bugs me. At first it said 228.4. Twice. I was like yay! Then I tried again, and it said 229.2, more than once. So like, dang. Lol.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Hello all MVP wouldn't let me log in!! Had to get tech support!! I'm back finally!!!
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday
    Weigh in Curvybaja55
    PW 171.2
    CW 171.2
    I thought it would it easier to lose in the summer moving more but the scale not moving.😞😞.
    Everyone have a great day stay cool for those of us in the summer season.

I'm right there with ya!!!!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    My mind totally hasnt been in it lately. The heat doesnt help either.
    If I am not gonna be working out properly. I need to get my food back on track.
    I worked way too hard to lose over 100 lbs to have put 40ish back on.

I haven't lost 100 lbs - but I have spent the last 2 decades thinking "this will be the year." And in the last 2 decades I've gained 60ish pounds. It hurts to think of how hard you worked to lose all that weight, only to have it inch back up. So - you can nip this in the bud right now - remind yourself how good you feel and that you're doing something great for yourself. I don't want to throw out cliches or say something you haven't heard or thought 1,000 times already - but seriously - you can keep it off - you are worth it!
  • biketheworld
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Sorry I’ve been MIA. I had a water loss at my house. A toilet in the hall bath ruptured and soaked 4 rooms up and 2 large rooms down. Ceilings fallen, the whole 9 yards....

I will be back ASAP

OMG how awful! I can't even imagine.....
  • biketheworld
    Options
    Wow - 3 posts in a roll. This is what happens when you can't connect on your iPad anymore and rarely sit down at the desktop. There's lots of catching up to do!

I had a visit with a cardiologist this week that is messing with me. I have pretty serious heart family history and my regular doc felt it would be a good idea for me to be "on the radar" of a cardiologist. I have no problems (other than a heart murmur and my weight) and am very active - running, walking, biking, etc. This cardiologist acted like he didn't know why I was there, clearly didn't want to take time with me, but prescribed a statin for me! I was so dumbfounded I didn't even think to ask what one, etc. He wants me to have a stress test, which probably isn't a bad idea, although my husband said "my gosh you biked 53 miles yesterday with no problems". I do NOT want to start taking a statin without clear evidence it's necessary. This guy told me my bad cholesterol was high - I did say to him "no one has ever told me that, I've always been told my cholesterol levels were good." His response was "well, normally they would be good, but you have family history....." This is really bugging me! If I refuse to take the statins, when I go back to see him in 6 months, I'll be labeled a trouble patient. This morning I realized I need to use this as my motivation to lose the weight. Then when I go back and I explain that I didn't take the statins, I can say "but I did lose all this weight and have been eating better, so let's check it again."

What do you think?
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Wow - 3 posts in a roll. This is what happens when you can't connect on your iPad anymore and rarely sit down at the desktop. There's lots of catching up to do!

I had a visit with a cardiologist this week that is messing with me. I have pretty serious heart family history and my regular doc felt it would be a good idea for me to be "on the radar" of a cardiologist. I have no problems (other than a heart murmur and my weight) and am very active - running, walking, biking, etc. This cardiologist acted like he didn't know why I was there, clearly didn't want to take time with me, but prescribed a statin for me! I was so dumbfounded I didn't even think to ask what one, etc. He wants me to have a stress test, which probably isn't a bad idea, although my husband said "my gosh you biked 53 miles yesterday with no problems". I do NOT want to start taking a statin without clear evidence it's necessary. This guy told me my bad cholesterol was high - I did say to him "no one has ever told me that, I've always been told my cholesterol levels were good." His response was "well, normally they would be good, but you have family history....." This is really bugging me! If I refuse to take the statins, when I go back to see him in 6 months, I'll be labeled a trouble patient. This morning I realized I need to use this as my motivation to lose the weight. Then when I go back and I explain that I didn't take the statins, I can say "but I did lose all this weight and have been eating better, so let's check it again."

What do you think?

Would it be possible to just see a different cardiologist to get a second opinion?

I don’t know which meds exactly, but my husband’s grandma had some serious heart issues a couple of years back and was prescribed heavy medication afterwards. She was very tired, sluggish, depressed and actually felt old because of all this. Last fall they reduced her dosage, and she’s back to her (annoyingly) bubbly and babbly self, which is quite a bounceback from saying she’s so old and tired she’s just waiting to die.
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

What do you think?
    I don't think you are a trouble patient, he is a doctor with bad bedside manners. I will get another cardiologist who will sit with me and address my questions and concerns. When I see a doctor and he/she prescribe meds I always asked about intensive lifestyle changes before starting new meds. I had a endocrinologist like this I change doctors and is happy with the current one. Always remember you are the patient this is the only body you have if don't feel comfortable with a doctor remember to find one that will work with you and don't' be afraid to speak up and asked questions take along your spouse with you for support and have an note book with any questions you may have. Also do your research about these drugs and side effects before taking them.

• floecity
    floecity Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    floecity
    Friday
    PW 218.2
    CW 217.5
    LTD 15.7 lbs

Going to give it an extra push to stay on track this week!!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I have some new hobbies lined up for the fall season! I was supposed to start aerial acrobatics in March, but the universe decided it was lockdown time instead. The course was postponed to August, and it’s starting in two weeks. The course has weekly sessions and lasts for 2 months, and I’m guessing the next level course starts right after the beginner course. I also signed up for a ”regular” acrobatics course that includes floorwork and trampolines. That one also has weekly sessions and runs from mid-August to mid-December.

So, I have a weekly scheduled course with physical activity twice per week in the fall season. I’m pretty excited about these! While they are exercise as such and will probably help me reach my weight loss goals, they are also motivating me to lose weight and hit the gym to make me better in those sports. Hanging from an aerial trapeze will probably be a lot easier with good upper body strength and less bodyweight!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 157.6
    CW: 155.4

WOO HOOO -- WTG LAURIE!!!!!!!!!! What an awesome week!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday:

KittyInBoots17:

PW: 229.0
    CW: 229.2

This one bugs me. At first it said 228.4. Twice. I was like yay! Then I tried again, and it said 229.2, more than once. So like, dang. Lol.

I would have personally gone with 228.4 since you got it twice... just me

I love my scale. It gives you the same thing over and over again. If you 'think' it should be different you have to do what I call 'clearing the scale.' This is where I grab all sorts of items from my bathroom and weigh with them - like 5 lbs worth of stuff. Then weigh a second time and it might be different. If you are close in a 24 hour period it gives the same weight. @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong uses the same scale. We both love it!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    floecity wrote: »
    floecity
    Friday
    PW 218.2
    CW 217.5
    LTD 15.7 lbs

Going to give it an extra push to stay on track this week!!

Great loss and WTG on being on time!! Your loss will count towards the team stats this week!!!!

• Beka3695
    edited July 2020
    Options
  • Beka3695
    Options
    pa1acyysvc7y.jpeg
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Cre804