Options
    Hi there!

Belated Wednesday Check-In
    Food: all on plan, measured & logged!
    Water: on target
    Exercise: indoor platform stepping, 45 min
    Steps: met goal
    Arm: weights done

Today is going well food-wise and water-wise, but I still need to squeeze in some more steps. Off to do that! I'll be back to catch up on notes later! :heart:
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @MommaGemz A positive attitude is all you can do sometimes. That and drink a lot of water...you might try adding lemon and cucumber slices. Sorry you feel bloated, that feels awful!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I put the audiobook on hold through the library. I can't wait!!!

@Jactop One of my best friends is like you, she can't watch horror movies or read scary books. :) I'm the opposite, it takes a lot to scare me. I'm desensitized to it.

@GretchenReine I haven't read Pet Semetary but I've seen the movie and loved it. Usually when I've seen a movie, I won't read the book. Has anyone read The Shining? That is a scary book! Much different than the movie (which was also scary)!

@TeresaW1020 I am enjoying it so far. It's not the same as being there in person, but it's a lot less tiring attending from the couch. :D LOL --> Interesting people at Dragon-Con, I can only imagine!

@TeresaW1020 @Jactop I still don't let body parts hang over the side of the bed either! LOL I do get scared by things but it takes a lot.

@AustinRuadhain Congrats on a great day!

Hello everyone! I made a good dinner last night: Tomato and Herb Crostata (which is kind of like a tomato pie) and Polenta. It was delicious and easy. I put the recipe for the crostata on the recipe discussion board if you are interested. I drank so much liquids yesterday that I was up every hour for the first 5 hours of sleep! :( But at least I was well-hydrated.

Thursday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: YouTube video, eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    All week has been the same.

Exercise is good. Either weights or cardio. Steps most days have been at least 16k (trying to stay ahead of Mystery Mike)

Water is good

Food is where I'm having the problem. I start out great then blow it at the end of the day. Today I'm going to try eating more calories earlier and see if that helps.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 3
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 258
    Todays Weight: 258
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @trooworld So glad you reserved the audio book! I just stopped this morning and picked up The Heart Shaped Box. I read the Shining, too. Oh man, was it wicked! I really wish, instead of a 2 hour movie, they had made a series out of Needful Things. Have you read that one? There were so many intersecting characters in the book and there just wasn't enough time for a regular movie.

So Hello, everyone! It's a super happy day! I got my cast off (little disappointed that the scar is only 4 1/4" long cause I thought it was longer, but it's still pretty wicked)...got on the scale and I'm down 5.4 pounds from my surgery day (Yay!)...AND I GOT A CALL FROM MY SON! I KNOW WHEN HIS SHIP IS RETURNING AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM!!! HOOYAH!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    **correction - I'm down 6.4 pounds from May 28 :smiley:
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Whoooo!!!! Congratulations on all fronts - this is a great day for you!

And for the team....
    giphy.gif

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @katyjcrafts nice loss!

@TeresaW1020 Nice total loss, that's amazing!

@Jactop I don't know if it would help you but I've started drinking tea again after dinner. It worked for a long time but it's hot now so I'm waiting for it to cool off before drinking it.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Someone upstairs doesn't want me to answer you, I keep accidentally deleting everything! First, congratulations on the great loss! Second, congratulations on your son! Third, congratulations on losing the cast! Woot woot! I agree about Needful Things, each episode could be a different person's story. Sell the idea, I'd watch!

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    Friday check-in
    Exercise- belly dancing, yoga, arm cardio, dance, foam rolling, earth energy healing, arm weights
    Calories- under (yes!)
    Water- excelllent

Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Arm/ab strengthening- done
    Yoga- done
    Journaling- done
    Steps- 12,000

Well, back on track on my new diet and spent half the day reading labels at Sprouts and Trader Joe's, it's frustrating how much sugar, potato starch, dairy, and gluten is in EVERYTHING. Every fruit salsa has sugar which is stupid, why does pineapple habanero need sweetener? I put off my lunch salad because I couldn't decide what I wanted for dressing when I have 15 open dressings I can no longer eat. I ended up with apple cider vinegar and lemon juice with Penzey's Fox Point for dressing. I REALLY miss beans, that's what I miss the most so far. It seems so backwards to have organic sausage for dinner but beans aren't ok? I bought tahini and don't remember why I wanted it. I have absolutely NO idea where to find Nutritional Yeast at Sprouts, I went down every aisle without luck! I was irritated there anyway because a woman left her Husky in a closed car so I had her timed or I was calling the police or screaming at her in 10 minutes so between making sure her dog didn't die and dealing with labels I was on edge. Been a weird day, I'm worn out from doing a lot but have been doing a lot of thinking lately about what I really want out of life. I guess that's not uncommon during COVID, seems to bring a lot of reflection up for people.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I did read Needful Things but it's been so long ago. I remember I liked the book but I don't remember anything about it. Maybe they will make a series yet? Sometimes they do that later. Congrats on getting your cast off yay!!! And yay for knowing when your son comes back!!! Woo hoo!!! And down 6.4 lbs another woo hoo!!! All good things.

@Katmary71 You can find nutritional yeast in the bulk section of Sprouts, for the next time you go, at least that is where it is in my town. I HATE when I see dogs in cars in this weather! I never know what to do when it is on the cusp of being too hot.

Hello all. Got some good news last night: the insurance approved the claim for our bathroom incident so the work can resume on it and hopefully we will have a bathroom again soon. I hope it's done by the time I go back to work.

Friday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Todays Weight: 228.2
    Previous Weight: 228.8
    Loss To Date: 19.8
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    Week 3? 7/24
    Today's weight: 186.7
    Previous weight: 188.2
    LTD: 4.4
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @jactop @TeresaW1020 ---- I am also in for the happy sappy book club!
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats! and Congrats!
    @raleigh_girl ---- been thinking about you.....
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Todays Weight: 200.5
    Previous Weight: 200
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 4 weigh in Thursday (23Jul2020) - two days late, apologies @broncobuddee!!
    Previous weight:173.0
    Current weight: 171.9
    LTD MFP #2 63.1 lbs
    LTD overall 128.1 lbs

Hi gang, I'm hanging in....thanks @Cornanda for keeping me in your thoughts! I haven't ready any posts, really, just a few ahead of what I'm adding for my weigh in.

Been busy - had an outdoor small gathering today for one of the kiddos who got a job in one of the small museums in downtown Raleigh, different kiddo and museum from the one referenced below. Very proud of him and was glad we could gather a few folks outdoors for a socially distanced summer grilling fest complete with a fire in the pit when it got dark.

My mom is in rehab, not sure when she's going home. I haven't seen her but I call her daily - I'll be going to her house and prepping for her and my step-dad to return, I just am not sure when. I had a long dang interview yesterday (7 people, 45 min each, 11a-630p with 2 breaks) that went well but not perfect. We'll see how that goes. Babysat the sweet granddaughter last week 1 day and this week 2 days and then my son and his wife dropped a bomb shell that they thought it would be months or a year or a vaccine before I saw her again....needless to say this didn't go over very well. I'm worn out with the emotion of it, I finally realized that when I am feeling is grief. Literal - grief. They have backed off from that some, not a lot, and I'll get to see them tomorrow. Monday starts daycare and parents working in a museum and hospital - not gonna lie, I am struggling with their decision that seems completely irrational to me.

My food life is ok, have had more calories than I'd like the past few days and have logged them. I'll be backing them back down over the next few days - I don't feel any particular way about it, it just is or has been and I feel ok but being able to be back on track. Water is way down and I need to work on it. Sleep is down and I don't know how to fix it, exactly. One might say - go to bed earlier....one might be right. => Exercise has been good and partly to blame for sleep as I have been getting up earlier before my contract work or babysitting or insanely long interviews and taking an early walk. The walk is very helpful for not only starting the day but for thinking. Or listening to podcasts and purposefully not thinking. Both are helpful, in turn.

Looking forward to having some time tomorrow to read some posts... =>
This discussion has been closed.