MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,627 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Our Sprouts here have the bins shut down or that would be perfect. I wonder if Winco has it? Congratulations on the bathroom news!

@raleighgirl09 I'm so sorry you're struggling right now. Hugs to you. Walking is a great idea, I know both being outside and the movement helps me mentally. Plus I listen to disco when I walk so I'm smiling the whole time!

Saturday check-in
    Exercise- belly dancing, stretching yoga, Kundalini Yoga, root chakra meditation, arm cardio, Fitness Marshall, hip hop, foam rolling, earth energy meditation, abs, the splits!
    Water- awesome, I'm super thirsty so I'm drinking a lot

Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Abs/arms- done
    Yoga- done
    Steps- 11,500
    Journaling- I knew I forgot something tonight!

I'm watching The Resurrection of Jake the Snake on Amazon right now. One of my friends on here told me about DDP yoga and sent me a link. The show is about Jake going from overweight and barely being able to move, doing drugs and drinking himsef to death, to transforming his life. Of course I read the schedule and am all fired up but I just added belly dancing, the splits by my birthday, Kundalini yoga, and root chakra work into my routine, shoot! I can't workout ALL day! I'll try it tomorrow and see if I can physically handle it. I kinda talked my brother into trying it too when they finish Insanity so I'll have a "team" to do it with. I haven't had a good challenge since I was trying to beat weight-lifting amounts and flights of stairs on the stair treadmill. The splits will be tough but I know I'll do it. I may have to chop cardio a bit for more yoga. I swore I'd never be calm enough to do yoga too! They made the mistake of saying it's "guy" yoga. Yeah, time to pull out my lame pink weights and show them what's up!

Not much else is going on. My parents stopped by but because my allergies are acting up and I can't swear it's allergies we stayed apart from each other. I just feel a little worn down and have a cough which I normally don't have with allergies, I'll see how I feel tomorrow. Diet is going well, I think NOT eating sugar and carbs is helping me not overeat. I'm bloated, broken out, blood sugar is higher than my usual (still low though), and resting pulse rate is way up plus I'm up to 145 so I've gained over 20lbs the last few months pain bingeing. I feel good about being proactive even if I'm not thrilled about my diet. My Dad normally works out every day at his gym but with it closed has completely slacked. I'm the third generation on his side of the family to have back surgeries and he really needs to work out but couldn't get motivated at home. His gym just closed again but has equipment outside and he's making excuses about why it's impossible to exercise. Yeah, I'm flapping my arms in front of a desk and laying on the floor to lift weights right now because I can't do much else. I know I'm being a pain-in-the-butt but I've sent him videos, gave him resistance bands, suggested working out in the morning, etc and he's not biting. He's real worn down and tired too so I'm concerned about him. He complains a lot and doesn't like it when you offer suggestions so it's not uncommon, it's just always stressed me out because I'm trying to find ways to help him and especially with something like pain and movement I know how difficult it can be. He's got to really want it though, I can't do it for him.
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 4 - July 2020 Sunday
    PW 142lbs (64.5kg)
    CW 143.7 (65.2kg)

Gained - I hit a plateau all this week. Yesterday I succumbed to eating 5 dough cookies. Followed by courgette soup. Felt belly hurt as eat too much. Have a light breakfast f yoghurt and fruit only.

Not sure how I'll lose more weight as didn't eat snacks anymore and hardly any chocolate.

Eating potatoes does make me gain weight though. I still have 6 potatoe plants to dig. That's like 60 potatoes to use up. Apart from spicy potatoe salad, not sure what else to make.

I went on a 10 mile , 3 hour hike on Friday but feeling tired since. Sleeping has not been great. I'll go to bed at 8pm but wouldn't fall asleep until 11pm. So now I'm trying to not go to bed until when I'll go to sleep straight away.

Still need to work on eating meals for over 1 mins.

I have been finding I don't want to eat as much but still fill my plate quite full. This week I'm going to try and put less food on my plate.

GOALS
    1. Eat slower. At least 15 mins
    2. Prepare less food on the plate and go for seconds than cook too much.

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    t4yq2dd8yxf4.png
    55jcej2u0g17.png
    io5jd8n0wudz.png
    k633tf85hgzr.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.20%
    2nd Trimstones 0.19%
    3rd Waist Aways 0.12%
    3rd -2 Shrinking Assets 0.12%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Trimstones 8.3 Lbs
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 8.0 Lbs
    3rd Waist Aways 5.5 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @bburrer30 2.23 %
    2nd @apple852hk 2.07%
    3rd @Emmajhare 2.03%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @bburrer30 3.8 Lbs
    2nd @megan_smartiepants1970 3.2 Lbs
    3rd @Apple852hk 3.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @LaurieWrobo
    @Arc130
    @Stefbomb2020
    @biketheworld
    @loria901
    @KUMEcyclingteam
    @wbs2020
    @dillyg08
    @Cafelelia

kdc678a4n03f.png
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    8p9jqwpgbtdx.png

25+ Lost

@Carriestrine

Under 175

@Freeglerock

Under 150
    @cafeleila

m49nv8dmlujs.jpg

AMAZING LOSS OF OVER 100 LBS!!!!!!!!!!
    @Terytha

4fzvm1634vvr.png

CONGRATUALTIONS FOR REACHING ONEDERLAND
    @Tryingagain5

sryh8d5j4hxt.png
    CONGRATULATIONS FOR REACHING GOAL
    @KUMEcyclingteam
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 I'm so sorry about your son and his wife's decision. That would be very hard to take. That interview sounds intense. Thinking of you.

@Katmary71 Oh...COVID strikes again! I forgot. :( I did get a nice size bag from Amazon, Anthony's Premium Nutritional Yeast Flakes, a 1 lb bag for $12.99. The Resurrection of Jake the Snake sounds fascinating. Added to my watch list. Thanks re: the bathroom news. I can't wait to take a shower in my own bathroom again! lol

Hi everyone! Happy Sunday. I've got some running around to do today and then I'm going to try to cook some meals for this next week so I don't not feel like cooking. I'm going to be using my Ninja Foodi's pressure cooker and air fryer functions as much as possible since it is supposed to be hot today and I don't want to heat up the oven. Have a great day!

Saturday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,138 Member
    Options
    Greetings Slimpossibles! Your first new member for August is @launasoul - they will be along soon for a Mission briefing and welcome :smiley:

I strongly encourage all of you to spread the word about F2F - to friends and all those people who are envious of your new physique and the success you are having! Send them to the home page to look around, explore the links so they know what they are signing up for, and hopefully they'll find their group home here -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Thanks!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Wahoooo Slimpossibles!! We had a great week! B)

:star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! B)

87fillfs6jrx.png

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    4pu3c4d2oz0y.jpg

Happy Sunday, Step Challengers!

Remember to sync up your steps and check FitRockr to make sure you are getting credit for your all your motion this week! If needed, use FitRockr's manual sync option to make sure you step data gets to FitRockr. (Sorry for the extra step, but this still seems easier than posting steps in the thread!)
    https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/challenge/5f16cab10e1d26000132b80a

Garmin user? I think I am the only Garmin user on the team, but making a note just in case. Since the entire Garmin platform is down (rumored ransomware attack), we are out of luck as regards step counts this week as far as I can tell. I have been able to load activities manually to another service that then syncs with MFP, but don't see a way to do anything for steps.
  • DesertColibri
    DesertColibri Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So sorry for the delay! Not the best week all around, for weight loss or otherwise:

DesertColibri
    This week (supposed to be Friday weigh in): 153.2
    Last week: 153.7
    Start weight: 162.9

Figuring out some health issues and hope to get my energy back soon, mentally and physically!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Hey I have been missing you around here! <3 I’m sorry that things are stressed with your family. This stupid virus is affecting everyone and we all have to decide what to do that is best for us individually. I once had an interview for a job where I had to sit around a table with about 6 or 7 people. Not my best memory and I didn’t get the job. I hope you hear back soon and get it if that is what you want.

@Katmary71 I might have to check out Jake the Snake. I looked up DDO yoga to see what it was. Girl, you are going to have to decide what to do or you will be exercising all day. :grin: I hear you about being worried about your dad and trying to get him to exercise. My mom who is 77 years old doesn’t do one single thing most days but sits in her recliner in her room and comes out and eats the dinner I make her. I keep telling her that she has to do something. She got on my treadmill a couple of times but hates it after a few minutes. My husband is also 77 years old (yeah, it’s weird! :D ) and he used to always work out and was a runner for years. Then he stopped. Well, my nagging at him has at least paid off and he is back to walking. I told him that he HAS to outlive my mom, or he will be sorry. :p

@apple852hk You will get that little gain off this week! Just control your cookies. ;) That is a great hike you did! I think the goal of putting less on your plate is a good idea. You can always get more if you decided you need it.

Hi everyone! Well, we didn’t have church today because we have a possible COVID scare with one of our staff members and decided to shut down for this week. She was out of town for a week and came home with symptoms. She was only at the church once and that was only around the other five us on staff. She is still waiting for her test results, which are taking forever! :# I worked out today doing a dumbbell leg program and then Barre core. I pushed harder because I have to take tomorrow off to go get my hair done and take my mom to one of her doctor appointments. I fasted 23 hours today and made chicken salad sandwiches for dinner. The scale was down this morning so I hope to keep it up!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    b8q3z3ep2ep7.jpg

Saturday Check-In
    Food: all on plan, measured & logged
    Water: on target
    Exercise: walks (a 51 minute walk, plus a bonus 22 minute walk with my husband), plus a short (8 min) run (I love to run but am not sure my knees will like it, so this was a toe in the water)
    Steps: exact number not known (the platform for my fitness device is down - ransomware attack - wow)

Today is going well. Got in a walk this morning, and food and water are on track.

@Apple852hk - Good for you for looking for adjustments to make. It seems like losing weight is a puzzle for each person, figuring out what works for their body and their personality. I hear you working the problem, and salute you!

@Katmary71 - Your workout schedule amazes me every day!
    "He's got to really want it though, I can't do it for him." <= This is so true. Hang in there. Be patient. Hold out for that day when he does want it.
    And thanks for being a hero for that dog. I have lived most of my life in Hot Places, and seeing any living thing shut in a car is terrible. And a Husky, bred for cold temps -- that seems like even worse judgement.
    Salad dressings - If you feel adventuresome, here's an example of a homemade dressing I make: 6 oz cucumber (about 1/2 a cuke), 2 green onions, 40 g (1.4 oz) avocado, 2 T nutritional yeast, couple tablespoons of vinegar of choice, maybe some dijon mustard, maybe some spices. Throw all of that in an immersion blender. Add water, cee, nut milk, etc as needed to get the runniness right.

@raleighgirl09 - Hurray to the great weigh-in! And wow to having lost over 128 pounds so far.
    I am crossing my fingers for you that the interview went well enough. They won't have ANY perfect candidates, so I am hoping that imperfect you will look like a good fit. For sure, if they spent that much time with you, things are hopeful, at least in my experience.
    As far as not seeing the granddaughter - sending hugs. I can only guess at the grief. But good for you seeing that's what going on.

@Digger61 - Great weigh-in! I hope you are feeling well and staying moving!

@Cornanda , @Trooworld , @veryhotmails - Great weigh-ins, you guys! Woohoo!

@Trooworld - Boo to the Bathroom Incident, but yay to the insurance coming through! And I really loved your goals (eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water).

@Cherrymajoni - Sending you a hug, and best wishes for better results this coming week. You are so determined and committed.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,138 Member
    Options
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @apple852hk Sounds like you have a good plan, hang in there! Chances are the scale was up from the extra food.

Team, way to go!!!!

@DesertColibri Nice loss, I hope you get your health issues straightened out!

@TeresaW1020 I thought I'd text my dad and ask if he was going to work out outside the gym this week, that's not as bad as slamming him with resistance band videos, right? Great about your husband walking! Would your mom walk outside the house? I get really bored on equipment without music and something to watch, when my ear buds kept dying as soon as I stepped on the stair treadmill I'd max out at 5 minutes versus an hour. Maybe if your mom watched TV or listened to something it would help? Even with music I'm bored walking by myself, I mostly like to work out alone to blast my music and think but walking and hiking I like people to talk to. Gentle stretching would be great too. Hey, DDP yoga!

@AustinRuadhain your dressing sounds good but I don't care for avocados! Right now I'm doing orange juice, apple cider vinegar, and Tajin seasoning. I actually like it though I miss the yogurt dressing creaminess.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Wow, you're slaying it girlfriend, wtg!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Sunday check-in
    Calories- under
    Water- over, I'm super thirsty since starting the more spiritual yoga practices
    Exercise- arm cardio, stretching yoga/splits, belly dancing, DDP yoga, Kundalini yoga for peri-menopause, root chakra with Adrienne, foam rolling, earth energy healing

Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Abs/arms- day off, done otherwise
    Yoga- yes to all of them!
    Steps- 11,000

Not much is new. The guy I'm seeing is working on a computer program so I haven't seen him in awhile. I'm keeping busy trying to get better before school starts. I would've had to skip this semester if it was in the classroom so I guess that's another thing to be grateful for right now. I had a wonky day a few days ago but I'm back to feeling more peaceful overall, I don't tend to get down for too long then I'm back to my annoying self. Was just real emotional on Friday for some reason. Pain is still doing better, no changes from before but it's better than it was about 2 weeks ago. Hard to tell day by day but if I think back a couple weeks I can feel a difference, it's just slow but it's going in the right direction. DDP yoga was an introduction to the sequences, it was a 45 minute video and mine are usually 20 minutes and under. It was hard standing for it so that's going to be a challenge. I think I talked my brother into doing it too which will be fun! He hasn't had back problems that need surgery like my dad and I have but has some issues and I think it would be great for his spine. And it's "mens" yoga, or at least was until the women took over and showed them who's boss!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Wow, you had a great day yesterday, woo hoo! Thanks re: the bathroom incident. I hope this is the final week I will be whining about it lol!

Hello everyone! I didn't end up doing meal prep: I had to go to a co-worker's house to pick up some stuff for work and that took longer than anticipated. By the time I got back, it was actually time to make dinner. I guess I'll try to make a couple of meals before the construction starts on the bathroom. Have a great day!

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Good morning y'all and Happy Monday! I am trying to be as positive as I can be today. Friday I wasn't feeling well so I went home with a migraine which lasted most of the weekend. I had 3 days of not hitting my steps or getting my mile in. This weekend I broke down and binged on sweets. I avoided my Diet Coke even though my sweet little girl offered me some of hers. That's the only thing that's still intact for the month. I considered weighing myself this morning to see how bad it was and then thought better of it. I will weight for Wednesday and see what I have to deal with then. I'm not looking forward to it and the depression and regret is horrible today. I just want to go home and sleep!!! I hope everyone has a better day than I am!!!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hello- My good work has slipped towards shoddy over the weekend and today was just down right POOR EFFORT. Part of it is that I just seem to be hungry no matter what and I can't turn that off. (I did try!) Tried to exercise twice today- finally went for a 20 min walk. Felt like my butt was glued to a chair all day and my brain would not make me get up. Over on calories, but not terribly. I did track today, I will put that as a win. Tomorrow is another day!

The scale looks quite bad at this time, but I have until Friday to make it look better than it does today.
This discussion has been closed.