GET DAT REAR IN GEAR July 2020

1234568»

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    7/27:
    on-plan:innocent:
    exercise:innocent: Did many things including working on repairing the gravel driveway after an awful downpour and a brief walk after to top steps off. About 12k daily steps.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    7/27-7/28 on point but still no working out (find out the x-ray results this coming Thursday ) I am praying there is no fracture in this foot
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    7/28
    Logged everything ✅
    Calorie/macro goal✅
    Good day yesterday for eating and movement. Had about 17k steps overall including exercise. I did snack a bit in the evening but I can live with that based on the rest of the day. I’ve gotten away from IF so will try to start focusing on that again and see what happens.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    7/28:
    Steps: unknown... at least 5k before my Fitbit went south for the winter...
    Exercise: morning ride for 17.8 miles
    Moved every hour during work
    Food: calories good, 117g protein, 73g net carbs
  • baconslave
    7/28:
    exercise:innocent: Strengthness (1hr-ish)

So...August... LC Basics Bootcamp or Active August?
  • ccrdragon
    I vote for Active August... but that's just because I think I have a handle on the LC stuff...
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    baconslave wrote: »
    7/28:
    exercise:innocent: Strengthness (1hr-ish)

So...August... LC Basics Bootcamp or Active August?

My vote is Active August
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    LC Basics may be a good thing... August can be difficult to get outside consistently because of the heat, also as we have been (and continue) dealing with plenty of difficulties with availability of specialty items and even just regular healthy food I have seen plenty of comments about falling away from good eating habits.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,565 Member
    Maybe Active August will get me out of my slump. From March to June I gained 6 pounds. In July I lost 4.5 of the 6 from better food choices. I start my vacation in a couple weeks which will include 5 days of biking trails, kayaking and walking on the beach. Also maybe gyms will reopen here next month. I really stink at consistency when it comes to home workouts.
  • taylok23
    7/29
    Logged everything ✅
    Calorie/macro goals- not so much. Had a nice carnivore dinner and decided to go wild on both sweet and salty snacks. Guess I should have had more protein instead! Being in a deficit seems to be more and more challenging for me. I can be satisfied with less but am used to eating much more. I was pretty active so hopefully that helped.
  • ccrdragon
    7/29:
    Steps: don't know, the fitbit came back online about mid-day so count was very skewed
    Moved every hour but 1 (1.5 hour conference call mid-morning)
    Exercise: morning ride for 14.2 miles
    Food: calories were high yesterday... let the evening munchies get to me.
  • baconslave
    7/29:
    7/28:
    exercise:innocent: 1.25 hour yard stomp. Plus, working on rehabbing our driveway from the rains we've had this year. Over 15k steps today.
  • baconslave
    So I smooshed both in there, since one challenger wanted Basics, and I also think Basics are super important. But Activity is super important to the human too, so:

0fc.gif

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10805398/lc-basics-bootcamp-active-august-2020#latest

• ccrdragon
    7/30:
    Steps: 7138
    Moved all but 1 hour during work... gotta stay off the friggin' phone!
    Exercise: morning ride for 15.4 miles
    Food: calories good, 142g protein, 101g net carbs

Finished my July bike challenge his morning with a total of 309 miles for the month. Considering that up to mid-June I hadn't ridden the bike in about 4 years, I think that's a fairly respectable result. As of yesterday, I am also down 10lbs for the month so a second good result! On to the next one!
  • baconslave
    7/30:
    exercise:innocent: Strength training (1hr-ish)
  • baconslave
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    7/30:
    Steps: 7138
    Moved all but 1 hour during work... gotta stay off the friggin' phone!
    Exercise: morning ride for 15.4 miles
    Food: calories good, 142g protein, 101g net carbs

Finished my July bike challenge his morning with a total of 309 miles for the month. Considering that up to mid-June I hadn't ridden the bike in about 4 years, I think that's a fairly respectable result. As of yesterday, I am also down 10lbs for the month so a second good result! On to the next one!

NICE!!!PbUwwAWPxzPReJhvrA0x.gif

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/30-7/31 met goal except no working out .... X-ray showed a stress fracture on the top of my left foot ....I had the same thing on my right foot which I had to have a screw put it that foot ...UGHH
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    July was chaotic... several multiple day stretches of poor choices on food intake, too much of the low carb treats. I have mainly stayed away from them for two weeks, I just have to stop buying any of my trigger foods (especially Love Good Fats bars) and stick to healthy whole foods. Even the low carb sweets make me cravy and out of control. The days of eating poorly and subsequently feeling poorly also resulted in days of not riding my bike. I had to really push myself to reach my goal of 500km this month. So time to wrap it up and move on to August!
  • taylok23
    7/30-7/31
    Well I balanced the last two days of the month by logging everything and meeting my calorie/carb goal Thursday but going wild on Friday. I had plenty of movement on the 30th with over 16k steps and 11k yesterday so not bad in the whole scheme of things. I felt hung over today after the bad stuff so that will teach me. Looking forward to a fresh start in August!