Return to normality? July weigh in and accountability thread

Options

Replies

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    My goals this month:

1. Get off the rollercoaster - consistency in eating and moving around. Not going from restricting to much one day to overeating the next, being a Netflix binger on Saturday and walking 25K on Sunday.
    2. Current weight: 73.0 - goal weight by the end of the month: 71.0
    3. Get my yearly steps back to goal, which means around 80K to 100K a week

07/07: 73.0
    08/07: 72.9 - there we go :smile: This evening after work, I have a dental appointment. This will certainly help with overeating today !
    09/07: 73.0
    10/07: 73.0
    11/07: 73.0
    12/07: 73.0
    13/07: 73.0
    14/07: 73.0
    15/07: 73.2
    ---- didn't weigh for some days----
    20/07: 72.9
    24/07: 73.5
    27/07: 73.3

Yes, I did lose a little and I'm definitely eating at a deficit at the moment, so the change will come, I'm sure of that.

@l4a_p : I inadvertely ate a small icecream yesterday. While I was eating it, it dawned on me that we had this pact. Damn! Well, I'll make sure that doesn't happen again.

As for life in general: we are facing a new lockdown here as the infection cases are soaring. I just hope that the borders won't close, and I'll still be able to go diving - fingers crossed. As from today, working from home is the norm again :disappointed:

Yesterday, my aunt of 97 passed away. She has been a great influence in my life: she is the one who taught me to be strong, independent and adventurous, yet responsible. I didn't see her for over 3 years as we lived very far apart, but I still took a blow when I got the news. I have two aunts who were there for me when I needed a little tlc as a child and teenager, and she was one of them. My other aunt is now 96; and the eldest daughter of the pack (my mother had 5 sisters) is 102. Hubbie always says that he hopes that I have their genes :wink:
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    July Stats
    5’2”
    SW:160
    GW:125
    June SW: 133.6
    June GW: 129

Goals:
    1. Log all calories, and stay at or under goal most days (within 200 calories of my goal, and all calories logged will be considered a success)

2. Complete the scheduled Chloe Ting 5 Week Booty Challenge workout videos every day.

Rewards:
    $45 spending – When I have completed 7 consecutive days of meeting all of my goals, I will earn this reward.

$60 spending – When I have completed 25 total days of meeting all of my goals, I will earn this reward

7/20 – I am getting started a little late this month, but I have ambitious goals to get myself back on track! I am disappointed in myself for my unscheduled two week break, but I am excited to get back into eating well and working out. I know that when I do, my mind and body feel so much better. Let’s do this!
    7/24 - 135.6 OUCH! I think I may have been a little ridiculous when I set my goals for this month after starting so late... oh well! We will see where I end up. My weight bops all over so maybe it will do a drastic drop before the end of the month!
    7/27 – 131.4 At least I am moving the right direction! Friday will be my official “final weigh in” for this month. I am hoping to stay on track this week and end this month with some success!
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    5'8" 42yo
    SW: 154.4
    May GW: 140
    GW: 133

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2
    Dec SW 146.2 EW 147.0
    Jan SW 147.0 EW 142.0
    Feb SW 140.5 EW 143.2
    Mar SW 143.2 EW 143.4
    May SW ???? EW 143.6
    June SW143.6 EW 143.8

So, apparently I've learned to maintain fairly well. Had to do pics with one of my horses and I'm not thrilled, time to tighten things back up. :-1: Right now, I've been struggling to find the motivation to log consistently. I'm grateful for this group keeping me accountable because my giveadarn is not really working. I even quit weighing in every morning - which for me, makes a difference.

Goals - keeping it super simple right now
    1. Be consistent - weigh in and food
    2. Get to the 130s - this is past the point of ridiculous

July 1 - 142.6day/144.0ave
    July 2 - 146.0 - I made stir fry chicken last night and I think it's maybe all the sodium in the soy? Weird, highest weight I've had in ages and I didn't eat badly yesterday. Lots of water today and shaking it off.
    July 6 - 148.6 - Obviously I over-celebrated the wknd. I seem to blow up with water weight when I get dehydrated and too much junk food. Rode out in the mountains yesterday for about 6 hours. Such fun! Decent start today, got up at 5:30 and worked one horse before work. Cool & crisp - sunrise is one of my favorite times to be outdoors. Using this Monday as a fresh start!
    July 7 - 148.4 - one step at a time. Yesterday I did well on food, kept it at 1200. Last week I got lazy and ate out for lunch - hubby was in town so I ate whatever I picked up for him...and then inhaled dinner + snacks.. I'm paying for it now. Good start today - up at 5 and rode before work. The more I stay outdoors, the better I do with food.
    July 8 - 148.0 - yesterday wasn't as good as it should've been foodwise. Hubby showed up at work to take me to lunch... so there went my plan of a protein bar. Made shrimp/steak fajitas for dinner - I skipped the sour cream, cheese so it wasn't too bad. I still feel really bloated and ugh. Started back on vit d today, realized I've gotten out of the habit of taking it every morning. Decent start today - up at 5:30 and rode till 7 so at least I got in some exercise before coming to the office to sit on my butt all day. I swear desk jobs are the absolute worst.
    July 9 - 147.0 - At least things are going the right direction. Rode a bit last night and made it up this morning for an hour riding before coming to the office. Funny how much more mindful being careful to log my food makes me.
    July 10 - 145.2 - Better! Yesterday felt so much better. I feel like I'm about back to my 'start point' for the month...but at least I have 20 days left to work on goals.
    July 11 - 143.2
    July 13 - 145.6 - long hot busy weekend, pasta for dinner - I really should avoid the stuff.
    July 14 - 145.4 - didn't eat the greatest yesterday, but within bounds. Rode for 3 hours - beautiful evening. Worked at the barn for an hour this morning before work. I've been struggling to stay hydrated and get enough sleep. Trying to work on that.
    July 15 - 144.4 - yesterday was better...back to having a protein bar for lunch and trying to cook a decent dinner. Got in an hour of riding before work and worked in my garden for an hour later.
    July 16 - 144.0 - Better!
    July 17 - 144.2 - yesterday was great, I feel like I'm finally clicking back into better habits.
    July 20 - 143.6 - long busy weekend, but I took some time on Sat to steal a nap. I think I've been fighting exhaustion both physically and mentally. Lots of riding and working on my garden.... Trying to make a plan for healthy snacks to pack for a quick trip to CO to hang out with family - I'm determined not to blow my progress this time with junk food.
    July 27 - 145.0 - actually did decent on vacation. We only ate out once, I indulged a bit yesterday at a cool place in Durango... other than that - managed to stay within bounds. So nice to be in cooler weather for a bit....but if you've ever attempted a trip with 2 adults, 3 kids, 2 dogs and 4 horses - I'm happy to be home. I did get to ride a lot and lots of walking - I've mastered the art of cooking breakfast in the trailer... we grilled a ton for dinner. We survived taking 6 rigs over the Red Mountain Pass in CO - breathtaking scenery but I never EVER want to pull a big trailer over it again in this lifetime.
    6mo0lw6vo8r5.jpg
    cai71hmog5sf.jpg
    xvhvz5n6bcll.jpg
    7f5zcwxvaxoz.jpg
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    ME:
    30y * 5'9" * Weight goal: 63kg (138,89lbs)

JULY GOALS
    1. Keep up the good workout routine with focus on glutes
      This went well
    2. Stick to IF and do some longer fasts again (even though at home it's super difficult)
      I only did 1 36h+ fast and that was great. Regular IF usually came up an hour or so short.
    3. Push through instead of constantly going up-down with good and bad days
      Serious failure
    4. Start logging again
      I did start logging a bit better again, but still way off what it should be.

WEIGHT - 7 day averages
    06 July: 70kg
    08 July: 68.1kg
    21 July: 70.4kg
    28 July: 69.6kg

Welp...that was a difficult month. Seeing 70+ was a nasty experience that I hope to avoid permanently from now on. Two other pieces of info on my life, for those interested:
    • I'm afraid my dearly beloved grandmother is going to kick the bucket soon. She had a fall about a month ago and she seems to be rapidly declining ever since. She's currently back home (alone) but not managing well. A large part of the family wants to put her in a retirement home, because frankly she's not capable anymore of living alone (or at least can't be trusted anymore). I don't necessarily disagree with that, but we had massive death rates in the retirement homes in the 1e wave. Seeing we are now at the start of the 2nd wave, it would be an expedited death sentence for her.
    • Despite following all rules and being cautious, I am infected with corona... Thanks to the upstairs neighbour who presumably did not follow (m)any rules and brought it into the building.
  • Claire5520
    Claire5520 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Morning all! @cayenne_007 I LOVE your photos - what amazing scenery! @l4a_p maybe not, but I felt pretty good at 135/136 last summer - that will probably do me to be honest!

I've been tracking weight this month, so here goes:

July 6th - 139.8
    July 7th - 140.7
    July 8th - 141.8
    July 9th - 142.2
    July 10th - didn't log
    July 11th - 139.6
    I then fell over on a run and hit my head on a wall - lots of bloooood!!! So was told to do no exercise until wound had healed.. consequently no logging, just felt a bit sorry for myself and ate a lot of crap!
    July 13th - 142.2
    July 14th - 140.4
    July 15th - 140.4
    July 16th - 142.4
    July 17th - 144.4
    July 18th - 144.2
    <<life happened>>
    July 26th - 144.0
    July 27th - 144.0
    July 28th - 141.8

I'm just starting my second day of working from home whilst also caring for my two daughters - who have spent most of lockdown with their dad - definitely a time of high stress for me, as I am overloaded with work and meetings which means a tendency to console myself with food!

Did get myself out for a run last night, although was too lazy for yoga this morning. Can't do it all.

Hoping that posting here will keep me accountable for a second day. My short term goal is to get under 140 and stay there! It's not so much about the numbers on the scale, it's stopping the stress eating (crackers and huge slabs of cheese half an hour after breakfast because I'm stressed!) When I can get control of that, my weight naturally settles under 140.

Anyway. That's me today. I hope everyone else is doing well today :-)
  • AleLue_1
    AleLue_1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    7/26 162.9
    7/27 164.2
    7/28 163.5

Trying to stick to a plant based diet for another day or two to get the extra random weight off.
    AleLue_1 wrote: »
    31 years old. mom of 2. 5'1"
    SW May 2020: 184lbs

SW: July 1st 170.6
    July 5th 168.8lbs
    July 10th 167.7
    July 15th 167.5
    July 20th 166
    July 22nd 164.6

GW by July 31st 163lbs

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @guitargirl55, You’re doing so well! Good work girl.
    @cayenn_007, Good work on staying on par with eating while on vacay! And I’m impressed with the trailer driving those roads! That’s definitely not for me.
    @Antiopelle, I’m sorry about your aunt. You’re lucky to have such good influential aunt. She’ll always be with you!
    @I4a_p, Sorry to hear about your grandmother. It’s tough out there. Especially for the elderly. Can family go see her? And oh noooo, you got Corona?! That means you def can’t go visit your granny. How bad are your symptoms? Hope you get through this!! Stay strong.
    @Claire5520, Looks like you’re doing well! That was a big drop from 144 to 141.8! You’re almost there with 140. Good luck!!
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    47, 5’2”
    CW:112.0
    GW: 107
    CBF: 21.4 %
    Goal BF%: 19%

Goal #1: Eat Protein rich dinner
    Goal #2: Limit drinks on weekend!
    Goal #3: Continue OTF 6x week
    Goal #4: Burst mini workouts as long as I work from home (word is going back 7/13:/)
    Goal #5: Don't Stress!!
    ** take self progress pics.

07/1 112, 21.4%
    07/7 112.4 20.4%
    07/17 113.6 ??
    07/21 112.4, 20.4%
    07/24 112.0, 20.8%
    07/28 113, 21.4%

Guys, there's something wrong with my scale! It's broken!

No really, I don't understand. I have been consistent with my calorie deficit and exercise. WHY am I not seeing results?? I was able to see changes before. For some reason, this time around its getting nowhere. I'm getting discouraged.🤔

• my4570
    my4570 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @l4a_p I'm so sorry about your grandmother, and I hope you are taking care of yourself! I also cannot see my grandmother since she lives in an apartment complex for seniors. I was away for school before, so the last time I've seen her was in December unfortunately.

I don't have any scale updates since I started TOM yesterday and didn't weigh myself this weekend. I always am bloated during TOM so I don't want to be discouraged by that. I'm really lucky that nothing else is really affected so I've been working out and eating like usual. I am on Week 2 of my "reverse diet" process and am intrigued about the results. I'm actively trying to eat more protein and upped my calories by about 100 while incorporating more resistance training. I also ordered a Fitbit (a Charge 3 because I don't need any of apps or features, just HR and cal count), so I'm very excited to have more accurate calorie burns...before, I had to dig through YouTube comments to see some calorie burn estimates for the HIIT and pilates workouts I did and would just do the lowest possible numbers I saw since I'm on the small side. I hope it also motivates me to go on daily walks besides my normal workouts.

I can't believe July is almost over; stay strong everybody! Even if you didn't necessarily achieve your goal on the scale, reflect on non-scale goals and milestones from this month :)
  • Claire5520
    Options
    Good morning all..

So sad reading about everyone's grandparents. I can't imagine how difficult it must be, for you and your families, as well as them, suddenly isolated from everyone.

Just a quick check in from me this morning:

July 6th - 139.8
    July 7th - 140.7
    July 8th - 141.8
    July 9th - 142.2
    July 10th - didn't log
    July 11th - 139.6
    I then fell over on a run and hit my head on a wall - lots of bloooood!!! So was told to do no exercise until wound had healed.. consequently no logging, just felt a bit sorry for myself and ate a lot of crap!
    July 13th - 142.2
    July 14th - 140.4
    July 15th - 140.4
    July 16th - 142.4
    July 17th - 144.4
    July 18th - 144.2
    <>
    July 26th - 144.0
    July 27th - 144.0
    July 28th - 141.8
    July 29th - 140.4 - going in the right direction, but my girls baked (healthy) carrot cake muffins last night with frosting - I broke my 'no sugar' resolve and had quite a few. And have just had another one after breakfast.

Busy day ahead for me, so will try hard to stay focused.

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    My goals this month:

1. Get off the rollercoaster - consistency in eating and moving around. Not going from restricting to much one day to overeating the next, being a Netflix binger on Saturday and walking 25K on Sunday.
    2. Current weight: 73.0 - goal weight by the end of the month: 71.0
    3. Get my yearly steps back to goal, which means around 80K to 100K a week

07/07: 73.0
    08/07: 72.9 - there we go :smile: This evening after work, I have a dental appointment. This will certainly help with overeating today !
    09/07: 73.0
    10/07: 73.0
    11/07: 73.0
    12/07: 73.0
    13/07: 73.0
    14/07: 73.0
    15/07: 73.2
    20/07: 72.9
    24/07: 73.5
    27/07: 73.3
    28/07: 72.9
    29/07: 72.9

I think that at least, I will have lost a itsy bitsy little bit this month :wink: I'll take that as a win, even if I'm far from my goal.

@cayenne_007 : wow, superb pics, but I understand your anxienty to get a trailer through there ! Impressive !!

@I4a_p, : I'm sorry to hear you caught the virus, I hope you are doing well !! And that combined with your grandmother, it must be very hard.
    On a diet note: I'm in for another round of no sugar, but a month is too long for me to keep focused on, so let's start with end next week - Aug 9th.

@weatherking2019 : don't get discouraged, sometimes unexplainable flukes like that happen. Don't get sidetracked by it; keep on the good work, you are doing great.

To all the other ladies: let's keep going on the positive vibes !!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,789 Member
    Options
    Oh I love the activity here! Well done gals. Half the battle is JUST SHOWING UP right? So regardless if the scale is being a witch or we did not QUITE get where we wanted at least we are in the game and not off the rails.

I am quite pleased with how this month is winding down. The 2 goals - getting off the rollercoaster and hitting the 800 cals exercise worked well together and I actually had my best run of the year today with a 10K in just over 1 hr. I don't get those kind of splits/pace often so to me that means finding the CICO balance is starting to come together.

Now to try to decide what our August challenged/goals should be. I find not focusing on the scale has REALLY helped me as far as rollercoaster ing. We just get so wound up in what that thing says that it runs our lives. For me it is easier in how my clothes fit (and no I am not wearing PJs all the time to WFH ;) )

• Claire5520
    Options
    Just showing up today: feeling a bit guilty for not writing a more personal and friendly post (everyone seems sooo lovely on here!!!) but it's my eldest daughter's 14th birthday today (how did THAT happen?!) so I have a picnic to prepare and a surprise riverside walk for later.

July 6th - 139.8
    July 7th - 140.7
    July 8th - 141.8
    July 9th - 142.2
    July 10th - didn't log
    July 11th - 139.6
    July 13th - 142.2
    July 14th - 140.4
    July 15th - 140.4
    July 16th - 142.4
    July 17th - 144.4
    July 18th - 144.2
    <>
    July 26th - 144.0
    July 27th - 144.0
    July 28th - 141.8
    July 29th - 140.4 - going in the right direction, but my girls baked (healthy) carrot cake muffins last night with frosting - I broke my 'no sugar' resolve and had quite a few. And have just had another one after breakfast.
    July 30th - 139.8 - but yesterday was SO stressful I finished all the carrot cake muffins and had cheese and crackers at 10pm. Who cares. Started the day with a slow and ploddy 5k run so hopefully some of that paid off! I am just sooo happy to be back under 140lbs - isn't it silly - it's just a number and not important at all!

Happy Thursday, all :-)
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    47, 5’2”

Goal #4: Burst mini workouts as long as I work from home (word is going back 7/13:/)

07/1 112, 21.4%
    07/7 112.4 20.4%
    07/17 113.6 ??
    07/21 112.4, 20.4%
    07/24 112.0, 20.8%
    07/28 113, 21.4%
    07/30 112, 21.1% 👍👍

@Claire5520, HBD to your daughter! My son turned 14 in June too. It’s incredible how fast they grow! I am happy for you on that under 140 mark! I know it’s just number but it does make a difference on how we feel😊

@SummerSkier, Hitting 800 cals a day isn’t easy- Well done! Will you start the August thread?? Ple pleeaase 😉😉

@Antiopelle, Thanks for the encouragement, I need it! You’re getting closer to your goal. Keep it up!!!

So for August, I am going to keep up with good eating, exercise and rest. With school starting and work getting more intense, I feel like I have to focus on “balance”. Meet you all back in August!😘
  • Claire5520
    Options
    Morning all!
    @weatherking2019 I do like this age! My girls have spent most of lockdown with their dad, though (he has a more flexible job than mine!) - it's been lovely, although a bit of a shock to the system, to have them both back with me full time!

So, today I am up again. I ate a LOT of hummus/crackers for a birthday tea yesterday! Down and up and up and down I go..

July 6th - 139.8
    July 7th - 140.7
    July 8th - 141.8
    July 9th - 142.2
    <>
    July 11th - 139.6
    <>
    July 13th - 142.2
    July 14th - 140.4
    July 15th - 140.4
    July 16th - 142.4
    July 17th - 144.4
    July 18th - 144.2
    <>
    July 26th - 144.0
    July 27th - 144.0
    July 28th - 141.8
    July 29th - 140.4
    July 30th - 139.8
    July 31st - 143.0

Maybe I'm just really good at maintaining :-(
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    5’5”
    CW 125.6
    Life GW 120
    Covid GW don’t gain

Goals for July:

1 continue the Beachbody 21 Day Fix Real Time Extreme do a second round of extreme real time
    2 exercise at least 5 days per week
    3 one hour walk at least 6 days per week
    4 reduce stress eating — works been a little more stressful than usual.
    July 15th half way through the month. Work the most stressful it’s been in a very very long time. Stress eating through the roof. CW 126.5 — up a pound. But manageable. I didn’t post last week because it was even higher! Yikes!
    Also stupidly bruised a rib last Saturday, so exercise routine has been reduced. Taking today as a rest day.

July 30 CW 125.6
    My rib is healed now. I didn’t exercise for 2 weeks, starting exercising again this week. Went to original 21 day fix rather than extreme.

We’re camping for a four days last week. We eat differently when we camp. I get really bloated. I was up 4 pounds after 4 days. I knew that wasn’t really valid, after 5 days back at home, I’m back to normal and even down a bit. Now the real challenge, we are heading out for 2 weeks of camping tomorrow.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    OK, so last day of the month.

47, 5’2”

07/1 112, 21.4%
    07/7 112.4 20.4%
    07/17 113.6 ??
    07/21 112.4, 20.4%
    07/24 112.0, 20.8%
    07/28 113, 21.4%
    07/30 112, 21.1%
    07/31 112, 20.4% YAY! I mean, I didn't make my goal BF% but I did end up less than I started. That's victory🥇

Going into August. Someone please start a new thread!