WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    @Stephbomb2020 Happy Birthday and congratulations for fitting in you great dress. 🎉🎂🎈

Welcome to all our new members. This is a great group of people.

Glad to hear of all the negative Covid19 tests. That’s great. My son got tested about a week and a half ago. Still no results. We aren’t worried though. It was precautionary for his work.

I got in a nice, very needed walk with two of my friends today. Lots to talk about. About 45 minutes.

Food hasn’t been so great today. Don’t feel like logging.

One perfect day in my near future. Tomorrow? I will give it my best. Glad to have you all with me on this journey.
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @SMcFall0215
    Friday
    PW 155.6
    CW 157.0

I knew it was going to be a gain but eh nothing I can do about it now so I’ll pick myself up from here and move on HAPPY FRIYAYA EVERYONE!! ☺️
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh-in
    I know I only start in August but here are my stats anyway (@jugar can you update my starting weight please)
    SW: 211.6 (last year)
    PW: 195.3
    CW: 193.8
    So glad it went down as it was around 197 all week and I was worried I'd throw in the towel if it didn't shift. Phew...
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    PW 154.8
    CW 151.2

The scale has been trending down all week. Last week I was on my period. This week, I cut out middle of the night feedings for the baby. 🤷‍♀️ I don't know if it will stick, but this is my lowest post baby weigh in. I did have a great week with my workouts and with my eating.

Nice! Your hard work is paying off!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,097 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Friyay - great word! For me here in retirement in the woods land, it makes no difference, but I cheer with all you working folks, especially after a bad nasty no good week like you had, @Terytha - enjoy the hiding out.

My daughter had a really tough week after a really tough month, too - she had to put one of her horses down on Tuesday after a month of serious pain and difficulty. He was only 5, and one of the sweetest horses ever. She rescued him after he spent 4 years out in a field, never handled by humans, never having his hooves trimmed. He was coming along SO well with patient loving care and training, and when I saw him in February he was just a pleasure to be around. My daughter was just starting him under saddle this summer (he was doing really well) when suddenly he had a health crash, and finally had to be euthanized. On top of all that, my daughter's partner got kicked in the belly by another horse and spent four days in hospital to make sure there was no internal bleeding, blood clots, etc. They are all doing fine now, and even though it was hard, the stress is over. I wish I could go visit! I am too worried to get into an airplane, though, and it is a minimum 4 day drive. Maybe in the fall.

Both of your captains are being kind of lame this week! Not logging well, energy sagging a bit. We are not alone, though - this has not been one of our more stellar weeks. Thanks to @YinxFed @evelynladams527 and @KellyBgetsfit we are not completely in the red! Let's hope that the rest of the weigh-ins are slightly greener, but if not - at least everyone is starting August high and will almost certainly see some loss in week 1, right???

For the new people, we use green for weight loss (in the spreadsheet), and red for gains. We want to have as much green as possible on that list of numbers every week - and if you lose even a tiny amount week after week, you get a special celebration at the end of the month for the most weeks "in the green".

Have a good Friday, wherever you are - keep well and breathe deeply.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    AUGUST THREAD IS NOW OPEN

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10805521/waistaways-team-chat-august-2020#latest

Please bookmark the new page and go ahead and say HI!

There are several new members this month. So please consider a reintro for the new folks
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    PW - 330.2
    CW - 329.2
  • jugar
    Options
    @happimess01 - good one! An excellent green week B)

@conleywoods - no problem. Your new weight is recorded and the previous one never happened. :wink:
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @jugar Hugs to your daughter.
    @Terytha Hugs to you as well.
    Life has always given us these rocks to climb over but in these strange times they all feel like mountains.
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    PW: 147
    CW: 149
    TWL: 60 (20 years ago)

Sorry. Like I said, I didn't even see the wagon this week! :D
  • jugar
    Options
    Another day closing up here - the dark is coming earlier :neutral:

Almost time to close up July - be sure to get all your weigh-ins done on time please, and then we'll be ready to roll for August on Sunday.

Due up to and including today:
    @graceojo999 (last chance not to be dropped!)
    @reflectionofme
    @Steph1498
    @evangsimmons170

Saturday weigh-ins:
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @matthewsfive
    @Stefbomb2020
    @Cerizez
    @lovethyneighbor

New folks - if you want to update any of your starting weights, just let me know here. @tobeme3 - I still do not know what day you have chosen for your weigh-ins, so please let us know! Thanks :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Got ideas for full group challenges? Have any suggestions about how to make F2F better? Head on over to the Idea Lounge, and sound off

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10802654/the-idea-lounge#latest

It is time to dream up more challenges for the next month - what will help you stick to your goals? It is a blast to meet people from the other teams, and all get together on a particular challenge. It can relate to food, water, exercise - whatever you like! We have quite a good collection going, but it is always fun to add more.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    So I am 50 posts behind in my reading on this thread! It's been a hectic week with 10-hour workdays, tons of homework to do, and eating too much...probably from stress, but that excuse is getting old!
    I'm so sick and tired of circling this same drain! My knee is finally back to whatever semblance of normal I can have with arthritis. The knee brace arrived this week and has helped tremendously, along with the daily glucosomine. I'm sorry if my post seems negative. I'm just tired, hungry, and a bit stressed. There's always so much to be done and just one of me. Thanks for listening.

Rhonda, let's leave July in the dust...on to August, a new month, new and better days and weeks. Your workload sounds exhausting. I hear you on the stress eating..and I need to form a new habit too - probably jumping on to this thread before going to the kitchen would be the best thing!
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    PW: 215.2
    CW: 216.8
This discussion has been closed.