Weight No More Team Chat- August 2020

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
a0pnfbmpmq83.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for July 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:

Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @cafelelia
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Marigorringo and @Megan_smartiepants1970

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leader board.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    n7t88hwa7uhu.png

Welcome to the August Team Weight No More thread!

I am Lisa, co-captain with the Theresa, @1theresamcvean. I live in Toronto, Canada with my husband of almost 20 years and our two boys ages 13 and 9. I am a lawyer and run a part-time practice from home, after many years in the corporate world. I started to gain weight in my thirties with a busy career and then having kids. I am definitely a weight fluctuator, so I can lose it, but I am looking for sustained maintenance this time. I have been focusing on fasting, consistency and changing up my workouts for the past few months. So far, I have lost 20.8 lbs from my highest weight and my overall goal is to lose 10 lbs more. As for August goals, I am taking a two week vacation in August, and I still intend to stick to a routine and lose some weight. My other goal is to relax and destress, be it taking that a vacation or carving out smaller chunks in the day for things that I like to do. I am also taking a break from workouts in August, but will be doing a lot of walking.

In addition to the F2F info above, here are some helpful team reminders:

Posting Daily Updates
    You can check in daily if you like. It is a great way to stay accountable and obtain support, but please note that it is optional. Please also post whenever you want to, such as when you have a question, want to share information or tips, or if you need some extra support at a challenging moment or time. Our posting does not always have to be about successes, and it often helps to post when things are not going so well.

For daily updates, you can use whatever format (or not) that you like. Some of us here check in with the following format:
    Check in for: Thursday
    Logged food: yes, on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Steps or exercise: 10000 and 30 minutes of yoga

Weekly Team Step Challenge
    Post and let us know if you want to be in the optional weekly step challenge. We track Sunday to Saturday. You can post your steps daily, or cumulatively. Please try to post by the following Sunday by noon so that we can announce the winners.

F2F Resources
    On our F2F main page, there are a lot of fun activities including weekly challenges, recipe sharing, an idea lounge and a habit tracker. All of these are optional and please have a look as it is a great way to connect with our larger community and have some fun.

Here’s to a wonderful August!

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Welcome @debbiesharpe and @Melzz19!! We are so happy that you have joined our team!

@debbiesharpe - What an impressive journey that you have taken on MFP. @1theresamcvean may have spoken to you about this, but you have two options. If you want to lose a bit more weight, you can stay on the weight loss team list. If you wish to maintain your weight, you go on the “goal zone” list. Either way, you weigh in weekly by posting here. You are also welcome to post daily or as much as you need to in order to stay accountable and get some support. Looking forward to having you in the step challenge!

@Melzz19 - First of all, congratulations on you engagement, how exciting! You will have to fill us in on the details as you plan them! You job sounds so cool, and how amazing is it that you get so much walking in on the job! We are here to support you and keep you accountable so that you can get to your goal weight. Welcome!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    fh7qyb2dg0ax.png
    Welcome to August with Team Weight No More!

Hello everyone! I’m Theresa and I live in downtown Toronto, Canada, not too far from my co-captain Lisa @Cafelelia . Together with Casey @GingerPwr who is our team motivator, we're here for you.

About me
    I have two grown children. My daughter, Elisabeth, lives close by with her partner, Jake. She’s a hardworking marketer, who is dealing with cancer and health challenges, he's working on his Ph.D. My son, Phil, lives in a small town about an hour away with his wife, Katie, and two children. He’s a luthier (makes musical instruments), which is hard to earn a living at so he does carpentry and things like that. My daughter-in-law is a deaf interpreter. My grandchildren are Pippa, 3 years, and Gilbert, 15 months.

My career was as an advertising and publishing executive and I ran, cycled, and swam. Then one day, as my daughter says, just like Forrest Gump I stopped. I became a consultant to startups and slowed things down, including fitness. For a few years, my only activity was walking my dog Xavy ~ short for Xavier because he's Havanese and had to have a Havana kind of name.

I've very recently gotten back into HIIT Boot Camp small group training over Zoom, and last week added Spinning at home to the mix, and on Friday had my first Pilates class in a long time in a nearby park, 1:1 with my instructor.

My weight story
    When my children were small, I was very slim, about 120 lbs, probably from chasing them around. In my forties when I was very busy and fit and was at my ideal weight, a toned 142 lbs. Three years ago, when my granddaughter was born, I saw myself in a photo and didn’t recognize this woman. I did look like a happy nana and I’m sure I was cozy and cushiony to hug, but I want to live to be a very old lady, hopefully over 100, and remain fit and active.

I started to get serious in January 2018 at 177.4 lbs with a goal of a toned 142 lbs. By September 2018, I lost 28.5 lbs, so 148.9 lbs., but then I plateaued for ten months. I have since yo-yoed twice up to about 159 and back to 149. I was 146.5 this past Thursday, so I think I've broken through that (probably mental) barrier and am 4.5 lbs from my goal. I think it will take quite a while to get to my goal because I'm looking more at body composition than weight and I'm okay with that.

The present
    I'm working on lauching a start-up with a friend from my business days. We've been working on it for a year and it will launch this summer. It’s an online service where people can hire professional genealogists by the minute to get past brick walls with their family trees. We're looking for test clients now if any of you are working on your family tree and have a brick wall, let me know and I'll comp you a session.

My August goals are a build on my July goals, just a bit more ~ or less depending on the goal :wink:
    • Sleep on a regular schedule and for 8 hours.
    • Stay with Thu/Sat 1,700 and Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri 1,000 calorie base and eat back half my exercise calories.
    • Reduce Bootcamp from 4 live sessions per week to 2 or 3
    • Add in 2 to 3 Spinning sessions or outdoor rides
    • Do 1 Pilates session per week.
    • In total, 5 workout days a week and 2 rest days.

My words for 2020, and this is a reminder to myself, are Balance and Listen.

Please share your August goals and re-introduce yourself to the team. This will help @debbiewsharpe and @Melzz19 get to know you more quickly. Plus it’s always nice to reacquaint amongst ourselves. Everyone loves personal stories. If you’re comfortable sharing your first name, please do.

“Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.”
    — John Wooden, basketball player and coach
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Click Link for August Tracker HABIT TRACKER

eitin87s3btf.png
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08/01 steps 13646
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    not sure where to post my step totals
    Saturday August 1st -15,615
    If I need to post somewhere else please let me know and I will post it there.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    August 2, 2020 12:14PM
    PW 125lb
    CW 125lb

Steps
    Sun - 8,344
    Mon - 10,587
    Tues - 17,459
    Wed - 11,283
    Th- 17,676
    Fi - 11,373
    Sat - 18,323
    Total - 95,045
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Spent 2+ hours gardening yesterday (for new folks, this means digging weeds, fighting tap roots and hauling yard waste...it does NOT result in pretty flowers or yummy produce...😢) and boy am I sore today. In June I had this plan about getting all my beds cleared...has not happened. The largest bed is clear now.

Today I go to the botanical garden and see my cousin & her kids. Haven't seen any of them since Jan. Her 16 yr old daughter has been fighting cancer again these past two years but seems to be improving (and wants to see the butterfly festival!) so it will be nice. Packed a picnic lunch with fresh fruit & veg & sandwiches. Hubs has agreed to go...it has been cooler the past few days as we have had a lot of (unseasonal) rain so he is less cranky. He works out doors and has not been inclined to participate in activity that requires...activity.
  • bburrer30
    bburrer30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Username: bburrer30
    Weigh-in week: Week 5
    Weigh-in day: Friday aug 31st
    Previous weight: 166.4
    Today's weight: 167

I missed my day Friday, our well went out and it's been crazy. Though right now it seems like things are ok ...... I start my new job tomorrow, which is exciting and scary. So today I an trying to come up with a plan for staying healthy and keeping with working out. Also all my family from TX is on their way up too ♡ yesterday we had a beautiful day so we took the bikes out for a 4 hr ride . It was prefect.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Steps..

Sun- 10,086
    Mon- 8,646
    Tues- 16,754
    Wed- 6,461
    Thurs- 12,455
    Fri- 12,638
    Sat- 10,297
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    There are still some new people signing up! Please welcome @goingape as the newest WNM member :smiley:
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Steps
    S- 11,652
    M- 10,762
    T - 11,109
    W- 13,668
    T - 11,962
    F- 12,029
    S - 12,381
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

:star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! :)

ayfgt5b36vh5.png
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! Sorry I didn't post my last weigh in for July. It was 135.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WEEK 5

9fqmxdkaewbx.jpg
    64xrom688ct8.png
    5egbh0fpx10f.png
    blx4tb9pf7tc.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.38%
    2nd Downsizers 0.32%
    3rd Weight No More 0.29%