Trimstones Team Chat - August 2020

Replies

• Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Tomorrow, I want to try this green smoothie that I found online. It sounds healthy and nutritious. I have all the ingredients as well. I'm going to halve all the ingredients though.

1 1/2 cup of milk or nut milk
    2 cups (packed) of spinach
    1 frozen banana
    1 apple sliced into pieces
    1/4 cup of avocado
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    Hey Jessica glad you got through the hurricane safely.
    Steps
    7/31: 2957
    8/1: 4870
    8/2-8620
    8/3: 2949
    8/4: 3739
    Argh my step counts suck. I’ve gotta do better this week 🤦‍♀️
  • ljbw12 wrote: »
    Hey all! New to the group, just wanted to say hey. Looking to lose about 50 pounds.
    ljbw12
    Saturday Weigh-in
    PW: 195.5
    CW: 195.5

This is me too. See you at the finish line.
  • ShredWeek1 wrote: »
    Emmajhare wrote: »
    @ShredWeek1 I'd love to try those potatoes. I'm vegetarian and a big fan of nutritional yeast. I don't have an air fryer though sadly. Do you reckon I could do them in the oven instead?

Yes! It takes a little finessing but they are yummy in the oven too. I haven't done a lot of experimenting with the oven, but I think you could try different temperatures and find just the right level of crispiness.

My other fav is overnight oats: Steel cut oats and almond milk overnight (1 part oats, 2 parts almond milk), and then in the am a dash of cinnamon and 1/2 a cup of blueberries.

This is my go to as well but instant oats I wasn't sure to do the steal cut I have some I'll try it tomorrow
  • Emmajhare wrote: »
    August Motivator's challenge - Food, food, glorious food!

I'm a sandwich person, but I'm also trying to watch my sodium and as we all know, lunch meat is packed with salt. I've started doing pimento cheese, tuna or chicken salad in addition to my occasion turkey with thin sliced extra sharp cheddar (Sargento). My problem is that I don't like hard bread...has to be soft and I don't want seeds all over it...just a simple, soft bread. With that softness comes calories and I don't want to waste everything on the bread. I found a couple of brands that I like. Schmidt 647 white bread (40 cal per slice) and it's wonderful, but always sells out and hard to find. Heiner's white or wheat is good as well (35 cal per slice), but again, very hard to find.

What breads do you guys like? I found a picture of Aunt Millie's potato bread (35 cal)...anyone know what stores carry it?? Would love your favorite bread recommendations...

Great topic @Emmajhare !
    Jessica

Freshco carries a whole wheat wrap called Roti for 80 calories I stuff it with spinach, chicken, or ham and feta for the salt kick.
  • Arc130 wrote: »
    Tomorrow, I want to try this green smoothie that I found online. It sounds healthy and nutritious. I have all the ingredients as well. I'm going to halve all the ingredients though.

1 1/2 cup of milk or nut milk
    2 cups (packed) of spinach
    1 frozen banana
    1 apple sliced into pieces
    1/4 cup of avocado

My daughter was asking for this so thank you we will be doing this with you the oats for the next day.
  • QueenZeeIsm
    QueenZeeIsm Posts: 104 Member
    Steps for 05/08/20 was 10654
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Arc130
    Steps
    Wednesday 8/5- 9231
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Steps
    8/5 5,876
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Congrats on the gym membership @Jax_Grim! Lifting is such a different feeling than just cardio, I love it.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Simbersea
    PW: 155.6
    CW: 157.6

Another bad week. I have got to turn this around. I’ve made a plan for more exercise and strict logging to stay within my calorie budget. NO CAKE!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    8/5 10,061

Jessica - congrats on getting through the hurricane safely

Jax- congrats on the gym membership. You’re gonna love lifting!! All those lovely muscles popping out 🏋️‍♂️
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    Steps for 05/08/20 was 10654

@QueenZeeIsm Missing the 4th...
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 911 Member
    Jax_Grim wrote: »
    8/5 steps - 14368

So I did a thing. I am now a gym member. I'm at the point in my weight loss where I have some loose skin. I guess it was inevitable, but I'm going to start heavy lifting to offset some of it. It has be rethinking my end weight a bit. I guess I'll start lifting and just see where it takes me.

Hi,good luck with the lifting.I certainly noticed a difference when I was going to the gym regularly last time I was here trying to lose weight.Sadly my gym is closed due to covid & I haven't any weights at home 😔
  • wilsonkellies
    wilsonkellies Posts: 117 Member
    Wilsonkellies
    Wednesday
    Week 1
  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Jax_Grim wrote: »
    8/5 steps - 14368

So I did a thing. I am now a gym member. I'm at the point in my weight loss where I have some loose skin. I guess it was inevitable, but I'm going to start heavy lifting to offset some of it. It has be rethinking my end weight a bit. I guess I'll start lifting and just see where it takes me.

That's great!

Lifting made all the difference in my life. I could be 140 lbs and a size 12 or 140 lbs and a size 8...and it was the same brand/cut of clothing, the difference was 3 hours of strength training every week.

Our gym is closed, but I do 20 minutes of strength training at home with 5 lb weights. I've been doing this for only 3 weeks, and I can see definition in my arms that I haven't seen for quite some time!
  • ShredWeek1
    August 1: 4,328
  • ShredWeek1
    Looks like low carb tortillas are definitely next on the menu then @angmarie @Jax_Grim @UCGRocks!

@jessicakrall8 I must confess I'm a huge fan of seeded and granary breads, which are never low calorie, so I can't help you there! I just try to eat bread as a less frequent treat these days instead.

@shredweek1 - I love overnight oats. I also made your potato recipe last night for dinner and they worked fine in the oven. The nutritional yeast really does work as a tasty, crispy coating. They were a huge hit with my (non-vegetarian) husband too. Thank you!

l3jhfzqnd3h0.jpg

My pleasure!

It seems nuts to go nuts over of all things: Nutritional yeast...but anything that gets our teen to eat reasonably healthy food is a win in our book!
This discussion has been closed.