WaistAways Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Well my day was going great yesterday then spur of the moment I went to a friend's to have a glass of wine (in empathy with her crappy diagnosis of intersticial cystitis), later came home to see an open bag of Lays low salt potato chips and I gave in....to a lot. So that day is over and done with - I won't indulge in that for months again. Last fall as I built up to my top weight in January - it was wine and sitting at the computer in the evening blindly stuffing my face with those potato chips. Yesterday was the first time I've had them since Jan. My sister brought over the bag for my mum.(I left her some, ha!)
    So that's it, today will be better. A little cooler today and after work I'll try to resurrect the blown down damaged screenhouse for mum this afternoon - it was a nice space for her to visit with a neighbor.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    oh and back to my dry August. Next time I'll bring my mason jar of lemonade. I could do without waking up thirsty at 3 am and this slight headache. Having done great with the dry July, I felt a little leeway with August but that's it!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Thursday check in...

I’m over 10,000 steps for the 4th day in a row. Woot!

I logged all my food, closed my diary, and was under calories. Yay!

I did 32 minutes of an aerobic step workout. Yippee!

My 🌈
    Tomatoes, green grapes, lettuce, green peppers, red/purple onions, yellow corn, red pepper, green edamame, black olives, brown lentils, cucumbers, white ice cream 🍦🤣

More thunderstorms here tonight.

You are on a roll!! I had a terrible Thursday, so today you are my mojo whisperer. Gotta get this back on track! I'm joining the weekend step challenge with you all on fitbit after taking a break from those for a while. That will help!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    oh and back to my dry August. Next time I'll bring my mason jar of lemonade. I could do without waking up thirsty at 3 am and this slight headache. Having done great with the dry July, I felt a little leeway with August but that's it!!

OK - we're in this boat together. I had a drink last night too, and ate weirdly all day yesterday - TODAY we are going to have a perfect day, and plan for that time when having some indulgence or another sounds like a good idea. Because it is not. Sending hugs!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm off to the dentist on my lunch break today as a kind of last minute thing, so I'm skipping lunch. I had a big breakfast so send positive vibes my way so I don't binge at dinner.

Actually send any kind of positive vibes, I'm terrified of dentists. =P

Woke up to blinding lightning and thunder, so today is honestly not off to the most awesome start.
  • Missymouse75
    Missymouse75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Hi loving catching up reading everyone's chat on here, my first week on the group.

Would it be ok if I changed my weigh-in day to a Thursday? I've weighed this morning at 12st 1.6lb's (169.6lb) - it's actually my Birthday today and I am 0.6lb of a lb heavier than I was this time last year - yes could be worse but to be honest considering I've been "dieting" everyday it could've been a lot better!!

Anyway onwards and downwards, goals for the upcoming week are proper accurate tracking, getting steps in and controlling wine consumption which doesn't help with extra calories and then leading to extra snacking!!

Hope everyone else is having a great day xxx

Hi @Missymouse75 ! Actually, you are not on this team! You are with team WeightNoMore, so I'll make sure they know you are coming and want to change your day to Thursday. Here is the link to their team chat thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10805520/weight-no-more-team-chat-august-2020#latest

Head on over there, and they will be more than happy to see you! I am sure they have been wondering where you are :smiley:

Oh yes I realise now, i think I may have actually posted in both groups and different points in time!! Thanks and sorry for hijacking your group!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    [You are on a roll!! I had a terrible Thursday, so today you are my mojo whisperer. Gotta get this back on track! I'm joining the weekend step challenge with you all on fitbit after taking a break from those for a while. That will help!quote]

@jugar I have total confidence that you and @eggfreak will get back on track today. I admire the two of you for your consistency and motivation. I know you can do this.

@Terytha Sending loads of good vibes your way. You've got this you awesome woman! Hope all goes well and dinner is fabulous.

@KellyBgetsfit Hope you are doing ok. I'm sure it is quite stressful for you right now. Check in when you can and let us know how you are doing. We are here for you. And also to all my teacher friends here...I know this is a VERY tough time for all of you. Sending you good thoughts and virtual hugs as you begin to navigate yet another first. My heart is with you as a teacher as well.

Rainy again here today. @jugar I'm honored to be the one whispering in your ear. I have had a very good week statistically. However, I did hop on the scale this morning and I was up over a pound. That doesn't make me happy and it's exactly why I try to stay away from the scale during the week. So, we'll see what tomorrow shows. I've seen it come down before from one day to the next. If not, I know I did all the right things.

J is sleeping. Need to go get some steps and exercise. Talk to you all later. :)
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    My dentist appointment was fine. And my dentist remains the nicest dentist in the universe.

But I'm so hungry. I'm not gonna make it guys. I can feel myself wasting away where I sit. My stomach has wrapped around my spine and I have only minutes to live I'm sure. Tell my broccoli farewell.
This discussion has been closed.