WaistAways Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! :)

ayfgt5b36vh5.png
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WEEK 5

9fqmxdkaewbx.jpg
    64xrom688ct8.png
    5egbh0fpx10f.png
    blx4tb9pf7tc.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.38%
    2nd Downsizers 0.32%
    3rd Weight No More 0.29%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 14.3 Lbs
    2nd Weight No More 13.8 Lbs
    3rd Downsizers 10.3 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @19shmoo69 3.5 %
    2nd @CassieGetsFit2013 2.33%
    2nd 2 @KellyBgetsfit 2.33%
    3rd @1theresamcvean 2.14 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @19shmoo69 9.0 Lbs
    2nd @CassieGetsFit2013 4.6 Lbs
    3rd @mari_moulin 3.8 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Beka3695
    @biketheworld
    @Canadiangirl1984
    @KristieJC
    @carriestrine
    @michelleywardell
    @gwamajtw91
    @angmarie28
    @trooworld
    @MommaGemz

fbr9a308qg2s.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    ux1cqsl8gswp.jpg
    kl0s5g7apb92.png
    qnddv8twvdy6.png
    d74a2rvx6a8n.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 1.76%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 1.62%
    3rd Weight No More 1.03%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 72.5 Lbs
    2nd Shrinking Assets 62.0 Lbs
    3rd Weight No More 48.7 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @DesertColibri 5.65 %
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970 5.41%
    3rd @Jax_Grim 4.87 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 13.2 Lbs
    2nd @kelgen02 12.0 Lbs
    3rd @Jax_Grim 11.5 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Freeglerock
    @jennifersusanmcdougall
    @KUMEcyclingteam
    @Emmajhare
    @lenka1
    @eggfreak
    @Terytha
    @cherrymajoni
    @bethanie0825

f4m36lffw9ub.png

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Tues 5,828
    Wed 15,082
    Thurs 10,645
    Fri 9,506
    Sat 4,908

@micki48 I did Sun and Mondays steps earlier in the week, right? I want to continue the step challenge. I want my goal to be 10,000 I don't think I ever lowered it when we went to working from home.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Welcome, new friends! My name is Kelly. I have 4 kids ranging from 15 to 11 months. I am a Special Education Kindergarten teacher. I am starting back to work tomorrow...virtually. I do Beachbody workouts. I don't follow any specific programs
    ram, I just try to move my body 5 or 6 days a week.
  • tobeme3
    tobeme3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »

Also if you’re on Fitbit, let us know your username or email and you can join us for daily/weekly challenges. They are quite fun and motivating. At the end of each week, I will post results of our step challenge with total steps and top steppers. So who’s in?

Glad to have our new members and to continue with all the wonderful Waistaways teammates. Let’s go!😁👟🎉

Step team for August:
    1. Micki48 8.5k daily
    2. @evangsimmons170 (15,000 steps daily now that my knee is "back")
    3. @tobeme3 10k steps daily or 70k weekly

• CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    CG here on an acreage in rural NE Alberta. I’m 61, married and basically retired. Over the years I let everyone else’s priorities take precedence over my health, hence did not find time for exercise or weight loss. When I was 59 I decided that had to change and I started strength training with a personal trainer which had really helped my muscles but had not done anything for my weight. When COVID-19 hit and the gyms closed I decided to use this time to focus on weight loss. I started logging everything here on MFP and joined this group in May. I love the accountability and encouragement I get here.

I topped out at 200.2 in March and my starting weight this month is 171.2. I’m 5’4” and my goal is 150 but I’ll see how that feels when I get there.

Welcome to all the newcomers! Let’s make August special and end summer with a bang!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hi @micki48 Can I .with the Steppers please? My goal for August is to get to at least 6000 steps a day.

Thank you!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Before I set August goals, I need to look back at July:
    Start weight 176.4 and end weight 171.2 for an average loss of 1 lb/wk. Not quite the 1.5 I’m set up for but I had one really bad snack attack week last month, which I need to work to avoid in August.

Tracker goals were:
    #1 Log everything and stay within +/- 50 calories of my daily allotment – scored 77% green
    #2 Participate in some physical activity AND POST IT HERE – scored 74% green
    I did log every day; the challenge was being in the +/- 50 window. Snacking did not help! This is however the best I’ve done on the exercise goal since I started with Waistaways. In previous months I had tracked the 3 Mini Habits and thought last month I had them ingrained into my routines so I wouldn’t need to track them anymore. WRONG!! They went completely out the window so I learned if I don’t track it I don’t do it.

So with all that in mind, my goals for August:
    #1 Log everything and stay within +/- 5o calories of my daily allotment
    #2 Participate in some physical activity AND POST IT HERE!
    #3 Complete 3 Mini Health Habits daily
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Jackie and I've been a member of this team for a few months now. I live with my husband of 8 years and our cat in Michigan, USA. I work as a therapist for mental health and addictions which requires a lot of sitting 😬 we recently started transitioning back into the office for some face to face visits which means I walk a little bit more on those days.

My main reason for wanting to lose weight is to be healthier and have a baby. We've been trying for our first since August 2018. It's been very challenging as I have PCOS, which also makes weight loss a struggle. I had lost over 40lbs (from 269lbs to about 226lbs) but between fertility meds, holidays, and then COVID-19 stress and gym closure I gained some back (up to 245-ish back in April). I've been trying for the past few months to get out of the 240's and got a little bit closer to that goal in July.

I'm very grateful for this team keeping me accountable and offering support. I probably would have given up by now if it were not for that!

For August I really want to be out of the 240s. To get there, I need to maintain a calorie deficit and have a decent amount of physical activity. I like the idea of @evangsimmons170 30-day calorie deficit challenge and I'm going to adopt that for myself with a little bit of moderation, I'll be happy with any calorie deficit as long as I'm not eating more than 100 exercise calories each day. My current calorie goal is 1450/day so that allows me no more than 1550 on the days I'm more physically active. I'm also going to continue my goal of 3 days of intentional exercise each week and get back on track with my daily step goal which I will specify in another post.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Greetings my wonderful team!

My name is Kristi and I am 38 and live in the US in Washington state. I have been married to my awesome husband for 13 years and we have 3 elementary aged kids. We are a very active family and like to be outdoors.

My highest weight was 255 in Feb 2019 and currently I'm 214.6. The weight gain was a combo of stress, pregnancies and hormone stuff. I started with noom which really helped me get my thinking straight (I'm a recovering perfectionist/all or nothing/black and white thinker) I started with this group in December 2019 and find the support and encouragement so helpful. It gives such a realistic view of what real weight loss actually looks like. It's slow, takes lots of dedication and a willingness to get up when you fail and try again.

Things I want to work on in August! I'm having a hard time coming up with stuff this month. My husband and I both work for the schools and we are not sure what fall will look like. My husband might become a stay at home dad and we would be a single income family. We have planned ahead for this situation but still scary 😳. I have discontinued my streaming workouts and purchased dvds or streaming videos that I have unlimited access too. My home workout equipment is well stocked so I won't miss a workout. I love Rhonda's chart and focusing on a 100 calorie deficit. I also want to watch the stress level this month. I anticipate that could really derail me.
  • jguldi11
    Options
    @micki48 here are my steps from last week. Not great, I was in an emotional funk and my motivation was MIA. But I've since pulled out of that and found it again. I want to keep my daily goal of 5,000 and try to reach 10,000 at least once per week.

c8rt1yfpk1ez.png
  • jguldi11
    Options
    @jugar
    PW 243.4 lbs
    CW 242.8 lbs
    LTD 26.2 lbs
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

My saturday weight (yesterday, 1st August) was 136.4.

PW: 138
    CW: 136.4
    LTD: 2.6
This discussion has been closed.