Options

Replies

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Recent step and exercise updates

30th July
    Steps - 3283
    Exercise - 34 mins Arms toning / biceps, triceps & shoulders (weights)

31st July
    Steps - 2594
    Exercise - 33 mins HIIT Cardio & Abs

1st August
    Steps - 4894
    Exercise - 33 mins Lean legs workout (weights)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Tues 5,828
    Wed 15,082
    Thurs 10,645
    Fri 9,506
    Sat 4,908

@micki48 I did Sun and Mondays steps earlier in the week, right? I want to continue the step challenge. I want my goal to be 10,000 I don't think I ever lowered it when we went to working from home.

@KellyBgetsfit I am missing Sunday 7/26 from you. :)
  • micki48
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Hi @micki48 Can I .with the Steppers please? My goal for August is to get to at least 6000 steps a day.

Thank you!

You bet!! Glad to have you back.
  • micki48
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Greetings my wonderful team!

It gives such a realistic view of what real weight loss actually looks like. It's slow, takes lots of dedication and a willingness to get up when you fail and try again.

@conleywoods I could not agree with this statement more. Real loss is exactly that. We all have a failures, but it's getting back up to try again that keeps us on this journey. Having the Waistaways to encourage and motivate us makes it that much better!! :smile:

I met my step goal today. Woke up to no water at our house (water main break nearby). We're all good now. Haven't finished logging but will go do that as soon as this post is done. This month my goals are...

*Exercise at least 15 minutes a day
    *Log all my food and stay under my calories
    *Meet my daily step goal every day

Steppers...I'm missing steps.

@jugar all week
    @KellyBgetsfit 7/26 (I know I already told you this.)
    @ells_runs all week

Once I get these and the exercise conversions, I will post the Week 5 results and the July Final Results.

Here's what our step team for August looks like so far.

1. Micki48 8.5k daily
    2. @evangsimmons170 15k
    3. @theweeonemfp 10k
    4. @eggfreak
    5. @tobeme3 10k (also you don't have to do your own converting. We'll take care of that.)
    6. @KellyBgetsfit 10k
    7. @YinxFed 6k
    8. @jguldi11 5k
    9. @jugar ?
    10. @Gidgitgoescrazy

• CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @Terytha - and probably @CanadianGiraffe - keep cool! Heatwaves are not fun, but at least up where you are, it can't last TOO long :pensive:
    It's been pretty warm but tonight it brewed up one of those giant prairie thunderstorms that you can see from miles away and watch it coming. And while we've had lots of lightning and thunder so far it hasn't been too much rain.

I managed to get XBX in early and had a short walk before the storm hit. Also was good for food but had missed my morning mini habit before I established the month's goals so that was a strike for the day.

• BaileyCat88
    BaileyCat88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Hi Michelle! May I join the Fitbit steppers group, please? My goal for August is to get to at least 8,500 steps a day. Do you need my Fitbit name?
    Have a great day!
    Thank you :)
  • micki48
    Options
    @micki48 Hi Michelle! May I join the Fitbit steppers group, please? My goal for August is to get to at least 8,500 steps a day. Do you need my Fitbit name?
    Have a great day!
    Thank you :)

Absolutely! Glad to have you join us. We’d love to have your Fitbit user name so you can join our challenges there, but a note to everyone else, you do not have to have Fitbit to join the team step challenge. You still need to report your steps here either daily or at the end of the week. (By Sunday)

When I’ve recorded or steps on the spreadsheet, I mark your post “insightful”
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Happy August! I've been a part of the team since the end of November 2019. In that time, I've lost a tad over 10 pounds and regained a bit, but am still plodding along. I live in Vermont with my transgender spouse (Sarah James) and am going to school for an Associates degree for Physical Therapy Assistant. I've practiced massage therapy since 2001 and am furloughed from work at this time, although don't mind too much what with all of the COVID-19 fears and realities.

My 2 grown daughters are in northern VT at the moment - Emily, the older, is married and lives Nov-May in Florida and VT in the summer where she professionally photographs weddings. Monica, the younger is currently working with a woman incapacitated by a form of Muscular Distrophy - she does a variety of Physio related exercises with the person and is getting very strong in the meantime.

My history (or "herstory") with weight loss is similar to many others. A negative self-image plus self-comforting habits which include a surplus of calories and not nearly enough exercise to accomodate them!

The team helps keep me on track, since doing this alone doesn't work well at all. My goal for August is to eat good food in much smaller quantities than my foot-taller-spouse can (no fewer than 1200/day, though) and get into an exercise routine combining outside walking with inside workouts (which I've eshewed for too long!). I aim to finally get into the next "decade" lower than where I am now (183.6 lbs) by the end of the month (if not sooner).

@micki48 I'm back for stepping with Sunday 8/2 at: 5,072
    my goal is for minimum 6,500. Time for a walk!

@YinxFed what is the chart I saw referenced? I missed it first go 'round, apparently!

Have a great week, y'all.

• CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wow, did I speak too soon! We got slammed by rain and hail last night from midnight to 1 am along with very intense lightning and thunder. All very interesting from inside a camping trailer! But at least it doesn't look like any real damage to speak of in the morning light.
    To all my fellow Canadians that get to celebrate a long weekend today, have fun and stay safe!
  • micki48
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Because I am determined to have a net loss for August, I am trying some new—old things to spark my interest. (I think I’m bored.) We did this long ago and I invite any of you to join me. I’m going to try and eat as much of a rainbow 🌈 as I can every day. Here is a chart to give you some ideas. Then I plan to post at the end of my eating day to see how I’ve done. Anyone else want to play?

My post will look like this. You may borrow it or do it your own way.

R raspberries, tomatoes
    O carrots
    Y
    G lettuce, cucumbers
    B blueberries
    I
    V purple onion
  • micki48
    Options
    Let’s try that picture again. z1kb6v6rgzqp.jpeg
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar I am going to need a few more rows on the step spreadsheet. We've got a great crew this round. Are you stepping?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    @jugar I am going to need a few more rows on the step spreadsheet. We've got a great crew this round. Are you stepping?

Getting to this shortly, and catching up on my own steps! I'm in - just have been rebelling lately. So wonderfully effective, isn't that? :neutral:
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @jugar I'm sorry, but after I wrote my long message and before you replied I hit the report button. I just realised that it maybe I'll upset someone. They've removed it now so sorry if your reply to me looks odd lol and thank you for your lovely reply. I will definitely come more often and express my feelings. It definitely helps 😊

Also I forgot to post my weigh in 🙄

August Week 1
    PW 213.6 lbs (I think??🤔)
    CW 213.0 lbs
    LTD 12lbs

Also @micki48 can I rejoin step challenge, please? My goal will be 10,000 per day.
    1st August Saturday 0 steps
    2nd August Sunday 20,274 steps
    3rd August Monday 8,665 steps

Thank you all ♥️

This discussion has been closed.