Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily post August 6
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 10109
    Water: 120 oz

Did another day of going for two walks. Went with both my kids after it finally stopped raining. My son walked and I pushed my daughter in the stroller. Then after bedtime I went by myself. When I got home I looked at my counter and realized I was like 30 steps from 10k. Made sure I got those in inside the house lol. I'm really late with my update today. I checked the group this morning as I drank my coffee but got busy and forgot to come back and post!
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    August 7th: Pretty uneventful rest day.
    2,481 steps.
    Scale still not moving, didn't really self reflect today.
    However, I did lose 230 pounds of boyfriend who doesn't respect me at all.

Started phentermine treatment today. It was a serious battle of eat everything in sight or continue with my lifestyle change as planned. Decided to keep pushing instead of wallowing in my self-pity. Also had an amazing coworker today who walked with me every hour on the hour and throughout lunch to keep us both moving. Tomorrow I am going to get to the gym and get a good workout in to work off some of my frustration.

Hope ya'll had a good day! I'll see you tomorrow morning for weigh-ins!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,276 Member
    Options
    8/7 Steps 9287
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
    Today I would love to ask something to everyone that is my "friend" in MFP.
    Everyday the App says that I was under the calories and whenever I lose some weight it says so too. But it is not saying when I gain weight or why am I under calories.
    Many people are writing me: "Good work staying under" "You are doing good girl" But maybe that day I eat only two times in the day and one was chips and the other one an icecream. My calories would still be under.
    Or I gained in the night 3 kilos and the day after I lose 200 grams and MFP speaks about those 200g and everyone is cheering.
    With this said, my weight of today is 130.8 kg = 288,3 lbs
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Check-In: Thursday, August 6

•30 Active Minutes: Yes ✅
    •Gym: 0/4 days ❎
    •Water: 1 L ❎
    •Steps: 13,745 ✅
    •Starch-free dinner: Yes ✅
    •Intermittent Fasting: Yes ✅

Check-In: Friday, August 7

•Steps: 14,926 ✅
    •Starch-free dinner: No ❎

Daily update:

Finally the weekend team!! I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to check in yesterday. I was going to towards the evening but there there was a last minute girlie night at my friends house where sadly I had some wine and high sodium foods spiking my weight this morning. I had gone down to 187 yesterday and today I am back up to 188.4. All water retention weight. Ugh sorry I knew I had a loss down this week and I went and ruined it with poor choices for ONE NIGHT!!

It’s ok I’m drinking all the water today and making sure I get this water out of my system. I know I’ve gotten my weight down it’s just a little hiccup.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. 💪🏻❤️👍🏻

August goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Make it to the gym at least 4 times a week.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.
    •Do IF for at least 6 days a week.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Daily goals: 8/6
    1. under calories? YES
    2. 30 min of exercise? NO
    3. 1 liter of water? YES
    4. 30 min of relaxing time? YES

We done! So close to 100% on your goals. One step at a time one day at a time ❤️
    August 5 22.737 steps

Gotcha!
    August 6 15.630 steps

Gotcha!
    pandygirl1 wrote: »
    8/6/2020
    Under: Yes

Water: 88 oz (may drink some more before bed)
    Steps: 1,000

gor your steps in. Well done with your goals!
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Worried?

Heck yes we were worried. You have spoiled us with your daily check ins so when you don’t we can’t help but worry. I hope you are doing ok and that I didn’t overstep with my post. I promise my intentions are good but I struggle getting the right tone across. I’ve added you to the step challenge for August without asking as you’ve done in for several months now but if you don’t want to do it this month just let me know. ❤️
    draby2011 wrote: »
    August 6: 4,971 steps.
    Under food goal.
    EXHAUSTED!

Met with the personal trainer today and OH EM GEE! I think he might just kill me. I am sore in places I didn't even know that I could be sore in. lol. Anywho, it was an AMAZING workout and today was day 5 (in a row) of intense working out. Feels good to be getting active. The scale is STILL not being my friend, but as always the mirror is there to tell me everything is okay!

Definitely going to hit the hay early tonight! Have a great day ladies and gents! :blush:

Got your steps in! Well done getting that work out in with your trainer and surviving it! I would recommend ignoring the scale when you first start a new workout routine. This usually causes a temporary spike on the scale as your muscles retain water to repair themselves. A good sign of this is the soreness you are feeling. So just keep going work through the pain but be reasonable. Your body will bet used to it before you know it.
    rhaaa wrote: »
    August 6 steps

Gotcha!
    8/6 Steps 9900

Gotcha!

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 46 minute walk
    Water:✅
    Steps: 11,009

PW 201.0
    CW 202.8

So there it is, a gain again. I am not surprised with my eating this week. The late night carb fests have caught up to me. It is funny, I feel so bloated in the mornings from the carbs but when night comes it seems like I can’t stop myself. I am going to pull it together this week and get myself back close to onderland again. It’s a clean slate again today.

I have my first physio appointment for my shoulder this morning. I know it will be a slow process to healing but I am excited to get started. I am going to walk to physio. It is about a 50 minute walk so I will get a nice walk today. I may even walk back.

Have a great start to the weekend!

Daily goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. No late night snacking
    5. 72 ounces of water
    6. Bed by 11pm

Great stepping Linda! I’m sorry about your gain. Just keep in mind that you are also dealing with lots of pain. Inflammation in the joins can affect the numbers in the scale. Just get back to what your used to with your eating and this wi drop back down in no time. Are you still doing IF?

Hey hey gang!

Username: TASCascalho
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 196.4 (89.1Kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 191.1 (86.7Kg)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 5.3 (2.4Kg)

Down is forward! :blush:

Wowza look at that impressive loss! Amazing work this week! Well done! 💪🏻
    Melly045 wrote: »
    Good morning team weigh on this am 161 not what i hopes but i haven’t been 100% focused with my diet i have my 12 year old granddaughter here for a few days and we are having a blast but not eating too well.

Enjoy your days with your granddaughter. I think she belongs to be up on top of your list. You will be back to your usual routine soon enough. ❤️
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh in Day-Fridays
    PW 231.0
    CW 227.3 Loss 3.7 lbs
    Total Loss 41.7 lbs

Wow!! Well done Megan! Very impressive week!
    7 August 13.667 steps

Gotcha!
    rhaaa wrote: »
    August 7 steps

Gotcha!

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily post August 6

Did another day of going for two walks. Went with both my kids after it finally stopped raining. My son walked and I pushed my daughter in the stroller. Then after bedtime I went by myself. When I got home I looked at my counter and realized I was like 30 steps from 10k. Made sure I got those in inside the house lol. I'm really late with my update today. I checked the group this morning as I drank my coffee but got busy and forgot to come back and post!

Got your steps in! Well done getting those steps in and at the same time those kiddos are getting some fresh air. I hope the weather continues to cooperate with you!
    2,481 steps.

Started phentermine treatment today. It was a serious battle of eat everything in sight or continue with my lifestyle change as planned. Decided to keep pushing instead of wallowing in my self-pity. Also had an amazing coworker today who walked with me every hour on the hour and throughout lunch to keep us both moving. Tomorrow I am going to get to the gym and get a good workout in to work off some of my frustration.

Got your steps in 👍🏻! That’s a very good way to lose A large amount of unnecessary useless weight! Sending you lots of hugs. All that should matter to you is your happiness and your mental and emotional health. I happy you made the decision to keep pushing forward.
    8/7 Steps 9287

Gotcha!
    Good morning everyone
    Everyday the App says that I was under the calories and whenever I lose some weight it says so too. But it is not saying when I gain weight or why am I under calories.
    Many people are writing me: "Good work staying under" "You are doing good girl" But maybe that day I eat only two times in the day and one was chips and the other one an icecream. My calories would still be under.
    Or I gained in the night 3 kilos and the day after I lose 200 grams and MFP speaks about those 200g and everyone is cheering.

Well, with the app it’s very hard to know exactly how someone’s day was unless we go into the actual diary and look. Personally I can’t go into each diary to check what everyone is eating. I tend not to look at peoples diary and I rarely post anything in food check ins. Just understand when people do post stuff like this they are just trying to encourage you and be helpful and show support.

• mari_moulin
    Options

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    Weigh-In Week: 1
    Previous Weight: 188.2
    Current Weight: 188.4
    Loss to Date: 150.8
  • inky92
    inky92 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Username Inky92
    Weigh In Day Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 194
    CW (Current Weight): 193

Total loss to date: 41lb
    1lb off this week, less than I wanted but in the right direction 😁 I've not eaten a chocolate bar all week (I was on one a day recently - kinder Buenos are my downfall!) and have discovered frozen grapes as a tasty snack!
    Exercise-wise, my steps are atrocious so I'm gonna try increase those this week - I have the week off work so I'm planning some day trips. Not a big fan of the exercise bike I've been trying, but I'm gonna stick with it till the end of the month. I've not been posting much on here, sorry - will try and be a bit more involved this week.

(hope I've got the weigh in format right?!)
  • FormerlyFit48
    FormerlyFit48 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    FormerlyFit48
    Last weight 225
    Current weight 224.6
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    3vcxpjtxw3y2.jpg

What I love about myself is that I have finally learned to love myself as I am. I mean I do have things that I say ugh wish I could do something about this but I don’t hide myself anymore. I have scars I have marks I have imperfections and I’ve learned to just accept myself. I will put on my swimsuit or sleeveless tops or short shorts and do my thing and not care who’s staring or pointing or whispering. I am who I am. If you love me this is what you get if you don’t there is the door. Don’t let it hit you on the way out.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,528 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily post August 6

You are doing an amazing job with your goals. Are you using fitness tracker for your steps? I am just curious that if you find it doesn’t count your steps when pushing the stroller? I know if I push the shopping cart when getting groceries I get hardly any steps.

2,481 steps.

That’s one way to get rid of weight. I hope things are better for you this way. I started taking to topiramate first when I started losing weight. I believe that is the same drug or class of drug. I was in therapy for binge eating disorder at the time. It helped me at the time.

Good morning everyone

I agree with Mari in that not every one looks at your food journal. They are just trying to cheer you along and give you some encouragement. With the weight everyone loves to celebrate weight loss. One thing I do to prevent this is I only enter my weight weekly in mfp. I use a weight trending app to log my weight the rest of the days.

Check-In: Thursday, August 6

•Steps: 13,745 ✅
    •Starch-free dinner: Yes ✅

Check-In: Friday, August 7

•Steps: 14,926 ✅
    •Starch-free dinner: No ❎

Daily update:

Finally the weekend team!! I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to check in yesterday. I was going to towards the evening but there there was a last minute girlie night at my friends house where sadly I had some wine and high sodium foods spiking my weight this morning. I had gone down to 187 yesterday and today I am back up to 188.4. All water retention weight. Ugh sorry I knew I had a loss down this week and I went and ruined it with poor choices for ONE NIGHT!!

It’s ok I’m drinking all the water today and making sure I get this water out of my system. I know I’ve gotten my weight down it’s just a little hiccup.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. 💪🏻❤️👍🏻

August goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Make it to the gym at least 4 times a week.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.
    •Do IF for at least 6 days a week.

You are really doing well with your goals. You weight gain from last week in only .2 of a pound. Like you said it is only water weight and you know what do to get rid of it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 46 minute walk
    Steps: 11,009

PW 201.0
    CW 202.8

So there it is, a gain again. I am not surprised with my eating this week. The late night carb fests have caught up to me. It is funny, I feel so bloated in the mornings from the carbs but when night comes it seems like I can’t stop myself. I am going to pull it together this week and get myself back close to onderland again. It’s a clean slate again today.

I have my first physio appointment for my shoulder this morning. I know it will be a slow process to healing but I am excited to get started. I am going to walk to physio. It is about a 50 minute walk so I will get a nice walk today. I may even walk back.

Have a great start to the weekend!

Daily goals
    2. 10,000 steps
    5. 72 ounces of water
    6. Bed by 11pm

Great stepping Linda! I’m sorry about your gain. Just keep in mind that you are also dealing with lots of pain. Inflammation in the joins can affect the numbers in the scale. Just get back to what your used to with your eating and this wi drop back down in no time. Are you still doing IF?

Not really as the late night snacking is interfering with the fasting window. I am going to try and get back on it starting Sunday. I am cooking a big breakfast for everyone this morning so no fasting today.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    inky92 wrote: »
    Username Inky92
    Weigh In Day Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 194
    CW (Current Weight): 193

Total loss to date: 41lb
    1lb off this week, less than I wanted but in the right direction 😁 I've not eaten a chocolate bar all week (I was on one a day recently - kinder Buenos are my downfall!) and have discovered frozen grapes as a tasty snack!
    Exercise-wise, my steps are atrocious so I'm gonna try increase those this week - I have the week off work so I'm planning some day trips. Not a big fan of the exercise bike I've been trying, but I'm gonna stick with it till the end of the month. I've not been posting much on here, sorry - will try and be a bit more involved this week.

(hope I've got the weigh in format right?!)

A pound is an awesome loss for 1 week. Just think 1 pound a week would be 52 pounds in a year. That’s a lot of weight gone. I think I will pick up some grapes this week. Sounds like a good snack. We would be happy to hear more from you. Your format is perfect.

FormerlyFit48
    Last weight 225
    Current weight 224.6

Well done on the loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 63 minute walk total
    Steps: 12,243

Just finishing up my coffee and getting ready for grocery shopping. The girls will be here most of the day and I am sure we will be playing games all afternoon. We will take a break for a walk. I don’t think it will be enough to get me to my 10,000 steps but we will see. Therapy went well yesterday and I have lots of exercises to do.

Daily goals
    2. 10,000 steps
    5. 72 ounces of water
    6. Bed by 11pm
This discussion has been closed.