• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,580 Member
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 49 minute walk
    Water:✅
    Steps: 11,127

Sorry for the late check in today. I had a rough night last due to the pain in my shoulder. My brain is foggy from lack of sleep and coffee didn’t help. I ordered a cbd oil spray the other day and I am hoping this will help. I am going to force myself to get out of my jammies and walk to the postal outlet to pick the package up. The good news is I start physical therapy on Friday. My doctor is back from holidays on Thursday so I am hoping she will try another cortisone shot. Keep your fingers crossed that these things help.

My weight is lower than Friday’s weigh in but I am fighting with light night snacking. I am sticking to my plan all day but come 10pm I am in the kitchen looking for food. I am not that hungry so I got to break this bad habit. I am going to keep trying to break this because as long as I keep trying, I am not failing.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum
    2. no step goal
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. No late night snacking
    5. 72 ounces of water
    6. Bed by 11pm

How often do you get the cortisone shots? I’m hoping that you get that pain relief soon and that once you start your physical therapy you can finally find long term relief.

Have you tried brushing your teeth after dinner? That usually deters my cravings as my mouth is all month and makes everything taste funny. Or maybe head to bed early ?

I get them in my shoulder around every 4 months depending on when they start to wear off. I will try the brushing of my teeth. I am willing to try anything. I missed this yesterday so I didn’t try it last night. I have been trying to get my bedtime back to 10pm again. I am so tired all day then around 9:30 I am wide awake.
  • jenmurphy3
    jenmurphy3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    summer_jt wrote: »
    How do you find your own past posts on here - to see if anyone has replied? Its not under "my discussions" or 'recent discussions' - seems MFP groups not obviously clear on the way posts are organised. Unlike, say, Facebook when I can always find everything I need to.?

I’m having a little bit of trouble also. I thought it was just me. Hopefully, I’ll be able to figure everything out with practice.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    ratdon3hylbq.jpeg

When you have to go out for a meal, how do you decide on what to order? How do you choose the healthier foods? Do you look up their menu online and plan ahead? Or maybe you give yourself a cheat meal?

(Yes I know that’s a lot of questions but all related lol)

If I'm put in a situation where I have to go out, I always look up the menu beforehand and decide what I'm going to order so the temptations of the menu when we get there don't lead me to a bad choice. I order a meat that's not breaded or swimming in a rich sauce (or ask for the sauce to be left off or on the side). For sides I'll order vegetables or salad, or I'll even order french fries and then give them to my kids. If I order a sandwich I ask for it lettuce wrapped instead of on a bun. Right now we don't go to restaurants because of covid but a few weeks ago I was at my parents house and everyone wanted to order out. I ordered a double meat Philly steak sandwich with just the meat and onions and then put it into my own Paleo friendly tortillas and it was delicious.
  • jenmurphy3
    Options
    Melly045 wrote: »
    Hey team! Happy Wednesday hope everyone is doing well! I’m still over my daily calories each day but I’m logging what i eat and definitely eating f less junk food than i used to so I’m hoping for a small loss on Friday 🤞🏻

I’m not alone 😎 I have been logging in all my food as best as possible. I can see areas of improvement but there are times when I am famished and I just can’t feel full. I read that if you notice that you can’t truly taste your food then stop. But I DO taste my food and it is so scrumptious that I just keep eating. I will keep up this fight but geez, I’m going on 3 years at the same weight. I’m the master of maintaining but not great at losing.
  • jenmurphy3
    Options
    Daily goals: 8/4
    1. under calories? YES
    2. 30 min of exercise? NO
    3. 1 liter of water? NO
    4. 30 min of relaxing time? YES

Well now I know what I need to work on......
    Relaxing is just as important! There is a positive, you stayed within your calories and that is awesome! So keep up the great work and slowly but surely, you’ll get that exercise in and drink that water!
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    rhaaa wrote: »
    I typically try to avoid restaurants that I can’t determine calories of a meal. If menu/calories are listed online I pre log meal before going. If I can’t find calories I will order a salad typically with whatever lowest dressing they have and try to log all of the contents individually as accurate as possible. I really try to avoid the whole cheat meal thing. For me 1 cheat meal turns into 6 months worth of cheat meals. It’s definitely one of the things I am working on.

That's my problem too with the cheat meals. Just the other day I was with family and my brother said to me "don't be so strict, you can have a cheat meal a week" He's been skinny all his life and has always been able to eat whatever he wants without gaining an ounce so he doesn't understand. Some people may be able to do cheat meals and then go back to whatever plan right after but for me personally, I can't do that. That one cheat meal spirals into me waking up from a food induced stupor some months later wondering where all the extra weight came from.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    pandygirl1 wrote: »
    I'm sorry it looks like I forgotten to post my daily results yesterday, can't find them.

Monday 8/3/20
    Tracked: no
    Calories: no
    Exercise: no
    ( Was having trouble with my breathing yesterday)
    pandygirl1 wrote: »
    Monday 8/3/20
    I don't remember if I posted yesterdays stats, couldn't find it (Track, Calories, and Exercise, and steps) (No) just wasn't feeling up to it.

Tuesday 8/4/20
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes (under)
    Exercise:. Yes
    Steps: 1,000 steps. ( below)
    Water: 67 fl oz

Ordered a tracker watch, that goes on your wrist. (Tracks steps, your pulse rate, and blood pressure). Will be a lot easier to keep track of how far I walked.

Monday is behind you and you did well with your goals on Tuesday. I think you will like your tracker. I would really miss mine if something happened to it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    August 3: 8,110 steps :( But I did do a 30 minute exercise class at the gym in addition to my steps. Went back upstairs to finish up but all the cardio machines were taken and my feet were already blistered from my shoes. (They're new) Soooo better luck tomorrow. I also feel like my body is kinda asking for a break, so going to call it a night early and recover!

Hope everyone had a great day!

Take care of your feet. Maybe wear your sneakers around the house to break them in. Take care of those feet.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »
    Steps for Tuesday, August 4: 8,481
    Made it through the storm with trees down all over the neighborhood but fortunately no major damage to anyone I know. 🙏🏻

I am so glad you are safe!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check-In: Tuesday, August 4

•30 Active Minutes: Yes ✅
    •Gym: 0/4 days ❎
    •Water: 1 L ❎
    •Steps: 16,911 ✅
    •Starch-free dinner: Yes ✅
    •Intermittent Fasting: Yes ✅

Daily update:

Happy hump day team!! 🐪

We are halfway through our first week of August! How are we all feeling so far? Are you keeping up with your goals? What is working for you and what isn’t. Are there any changes that need to be made to make it easier for you? We’ve got this!

Today I am continuing to build up furniture here at home. Mostly my storage stuff and once that stuff is up I can unpack the last of our boxes. Yesterday we started working in my laundry room as the laundry pile was getting it off control. My machines are in and working so spent most of my day washing loss and loads of laundry. Today we finish the storage in there where I can store our sheets towels etc. Fun times 😂

August goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Make it to the gym at least 4 times a week.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.
    •Do IF for at least 6 days a week.

You are doing a great job on meeting your goals. The gym is understandable with all you have going on. I am sucking on my goals. I think I need a major reboot to get back on track with them.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

28Haveitall2020
    Sw 242.3lbs
    CW 237.7lbs
    TLD : 7.3lbs

Impressive loss this week! How is your week going so far?

Hi Linda. Thank you. Honestly my week is going well so far. I Thank God . What about yours?

This is my week to beat late night snacking. I am not winning so far but the week is not over. I got this!
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    Daily post August 4
    Under Calorie:Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 9768
    Water: 128oz

Same as the day before, went for a walk in the morning, this time with both kids-pushing my daughter in the stroller. Then after their bedtime I went by myself. The evenings have been cool and beautiful and the walks are so peaceful. It's great for destressing from the day.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ratdon3hylbq.jpeg

When you have to go out for a meal, how do you decide on what to order? How do you choose the healthier foods? Do you look up their menu online and plan ahead? Or maybe you give yourself a cheat meal?

(Yes I know that’s a lot of questions but all related lol)

The reason I am eating out will determine what I decide to order. If I am just going to somewhere like McDonald’s or Tim Hortons I plan ahead and fit this into my calories. At McDonald’s there is no healthier food as such. This month, for example, is our 20th anniversary. As it is a special occasion I will order what I want off the menu and will have cheesecake for dessert. I guess this could be called a cheat meal but I call it life. I will still log this. If the restaurant has calories on their menu, I will log these. Otherwise, I will log something close from the data base.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    Sooooo.... last night my body was so beat and tired that I crashed soon after posting but I just wanted to share. Since I am a healthcare employee, our local gym was running a deal for signing up so I went ahead and did that. I also went to an exercise class by myself (which is a HUGE deal for me since I was majorly out of my comfort zone.) I am planning to do another one tonight!

By the way, any tips for logging those exercise classes?

Fun fact, my 5-year-old is a fitness junkie (I know it sounds funny, but she has grown up watching daddy work out everyday and she loves watching work out videos on youtube.) So she has been challenging us every day to plank challenges. The first time I only did 25 seconds and lost to everyone. Yesterday I did 58 seconds and beat both Ali and Daddy! Making progress and building up my abdominal wall again which is great since my surgery!

Anywho, I was cleared by my cardiologist and my primary care is recommending that I start with phentermine so that may happen for at least 3 months just to give me the kick start that I need. My blood work all came back normal with the exception of my Vitamin D which she gave me a prescription for and I am taking a daily multivitamin now as well.

Hope everyone has a great day today and kicks some butt!

@mari_moulin will be a good one to answer the logging of fitness classes. She does Zumba and logs those classes. I love that your 5 year old is challenging you. Good news about the cardiologist.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 04/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    289.8 lbs - weighin on 07/25 -- loss = 3.4 lbs for month of July (18.8 lb Total Loss To Date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 08/01 -- gain = 1.4 lbs -- (17.4 lb total loss to date)

August Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 6.2 lbs or 1.5/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

AUGUST GOALS ---
    (1) Log everything; Drink 10+ water; minimize sodium where possible
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps) 5 days each week / LOG
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter / LOG
    (4) Do stretches and Yoga 5 days each week / LOG
    (5) Stay within MFP daily goal; not exercise adjusted goal / LOG
    (6) Once each week, get out of the house and do something FUN

STEP CHALLENGE ---

08/01 - 3000
    08/02 - 3000
    08/03 - 3000
    08/04 - 3000

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Water outside plants -- done
    Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo -- STILL need to do
    Do Yoga

I just can't seem to get off the ground with reorganizing, cleaning, etc my bedroom. I think it's because I don't like it. Granddaughter set it up a year ago when she moved in using her old bedroom set which is made of dark wood. I do NOT like dark wood. I know that seems like such a small reason ... but it is what it is. Just need to suck it up and get the work done. Before I can think about replacing any of it, I need to remodel the bathroom and get a couple of other home maintenance things done. Soooooooooooooo ... *slapping myself Jethro-style* ... I'm going to do this like my decluttering ... I'll work on it in 15 minute chunks using a kitchen timer. I set the timer for 15 minutes, do as much as I can, and stop when the timer goes off. Then do the same each hour or so. Maybe I can at least get a good start today. I think I'll start at 9am. Fingers Crossed!! 🤞

That’s a super idea of doing things in 15 minute chunks. You have the best ideas.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    How do you find your own past posts on here - to see if anyone has replied? Its not under "my discussions" or 'recent discussions' - seems MFP groups not obviously clear on the way posts are organised. Unlike, say, Facebook when I can always find everything I need to.?

I think if you look under your notifications you will see if someone mentioned you in a comment. If the quoted your post or tagged you, it will show in notifications.

On another note, I have you as a Monday weigh in. Did you weigh in already and I miss it? Could you repost if you did or post your weight if you haven’t yet.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

28Haveitall2020
    Sw 242.3lbs
    CW 237.7lbs
    TLD : 7.3lbs

Impressive loss this week! How is your week going so far?

Hi Linda. Thank you. Honestly my week is going well so far. I Thank God . What about yours?

This is my week to beat late night snacking. I am not winning so far but the week is not over. I got this!

That's the spirit hun. No giving up!!!
    Yesterday too had like 2 icecream lollies and I am thinking I have to do better today and rest of the week ( 1 is largely enough😅).Because that is how my bad habits start creeping in and before I know it I am back to binging for months.But yes we got this.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jenmurphy3 wrote: »

I’m having a little bit of trouble also. I thought it was just me. Hopefully, I’ll be able to figure everything out with practice.

I think if you look under your notifications you will see if someone mentioned you in a comment. If the quoted your post or tagged you, it will show in notifications.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,942 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Everyone ..... I hope everyone is doing good ..... I woke up with a bad headache ( I must of slept wrong) ...I can not seem to get motivated this morning ughhh....Glad to see some of us sticking to their goals (WELL DONE )

For the Question of the day ..... Since I am keto I look at the menu before going to the restaurant .... I choose steak or chicken or fish......then I choose a vegetable like broccoli and a dinner salad no dressing (because I bring my own)

I have not gone out to eat since Covid 19 started ... I am high risk (Asthma and diabetes) so I prefer to meal prep at home and eat at home (knowing what is in my food really does help ) :)

I need cofffffffffeeeeeeeeeeee :p
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily post August 4
    Under Calorie:Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 9768
    Water: 128oz

Same as the day before, went for a walk in the morning, this time with both kids-pushing my daughter in the stroller. Then after their bedtime I went by myself. The evenings have been cool and beautiful and the walks are so peaceful. It's great for destressing from the day.

You are crushing those goals. I love walking also, not so much indoors but we have a lovely park about .5km from here.
This discussion has been closed.