Downsizers Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options

You are doing an amazing job with your goals. Are you using fitness tracker for your steps? I am just curious that if you find it doesn’t count your steps when pushing the stroller? I know if I push the shopping cart when getting groceries I get hardly any steps.

I have an app on my phone called Pacer. Counts my steps as long as my phone is in my pocket, so it doesn't matter if my arms aren't moving!
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    Daily post August 7
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 7218
    Water: 128oz

Friday is grocery shopping day. My mom and I go together and are usually out for 4 hours or so. I didn't get in my usual walk around the neighborhood but I was still walking quite a bit. By the time we got back and I fed the kids and ate dinner myself it was getting dark outside and I don't really like being outside after dark. Plus, my hip has been a little sore the past couple days, probably from all the hills in my neighborhood. So, I also just decided to relax for the rest of the evening
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW: 230.2
    CW: 225.8

I don't know what to do for my LTD. Do I do from my highest weight ever or from my weight loss on my current journey? I started this one in April but have lost weight previously too-gaining some back but not all.

Also, I was totally not expecting to see a number like that on the scale. Just yesterday I was feeling like I probably hadn't really lost much this week. Not due to any bad choices but just the way my body felt
  • pandygirl1
    pandygirl1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Correction last post:

Username: pandygirl1
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 288.4
    CW (Current Weight): 287
    LTD (Loss to Date): Overall (113 lbs)
    since joining F2F (-1.4 lbs) not 3 lbs.

Sorry, for the mix-up. Not feeling my best this morning.
  • pandygirl1
    Options
    This past week has not been a very good one I lacked energy and motivation. Dealing with a lot of health issues.

My Diabetes is out of control, even though my eating habits have changed for the better and I'm eating healthier, exercising more.

The time before last my A1C was 8.5%, which is high. But when the last blood work came back (taken on July 16th) it was 10.9 % which is really out of control. Usually my blood is checked once every 3 months, but because it's so high they had me do blood work again on Thursday August 6th. The doctor also increased one of my Diabetes meds (on 3 kind) to the full amount that can be taken for that particular medication.

I really don't know what else to do. Seems like I'm the reverse of what normally happens to people who lose a lot of weight and change their lifestyle for the better.
    For years I've heard that if I lost 100, even 50 lbs my Diabetes would improve greatly or go away altogether. Once again, I've (my body) has proven them wrong, honestly I wish they had been right.

I'm a little stressed with what is happening to me (my body), and how it is making me feel sluggish, and having little to no energy most of the time. I still force my self to get up and clean my apartment, and take care the cats, as will as exercise including some walking.
    I refuse to give up, and will keep going in the hope that all the good that I'm doing now, will kick in and things will change for the better in regards to my health.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I forgot to hit post earlier (I don't see my weigh-in post) or what, but here goes nothing.

Username: Draby2011
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    Weigh-In Week: 1
    Previous Weight: 244.6
    Current Weight: 246.0
    Loss to Date: 32.0 pounds
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Weigh in -- Saturday
    PW 289.4
    CW 294.8
    Gain = 5.4

Holy Tonnage Batman!! Never suspected such a gain. Cravings and Late Night carb snack out of control this week but never expected such a large gain.

OK, new week ... need to get snacking under control.

Have a good week everyone!

This is the exact same thing that killed me this week. We can stop these late night carb snacks. Let’s have a successful week together.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily post August 7

Friday is grocery shopping day. My mom and I go together and are usually out for 4 hours or so. I didn't get in my usual walk around the neighborhood but I was still walking quite a bit. By the time we got back and I fed the kids and ate dinner myself it was getting dark outside and I don't really like being outside after dark. Plus, my hip has been a little sore the past couple days, probably from all the hills in my neighborhood. So, I also just decided to relax for the rest of the evening
    Tazaria87
    Saturday

I don't know what to do for my LTD. Do I do from my highest weight ever or from my weight loss on my current journey? I started this one in April but have lost weight previously too-gaining some back but not all.

Also, I was totally not expecting to see a number like that on the scale. Just yesterday I was feeling like I probably hadn't really lost much this week. Not due to any bad choices but just the way my body felt

Sometimes you have to listen to your body and rest. You don’t want to end up with an injury. You still got lots of steps from your busy day.

I would take your lost to date from your highest weight ever. That is when you started your weight loss journey. Sometimes we get a nice surprise with our weight loss. Well done!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    pandygirl1 wrote: »
    Correction last post:

This past week has not been a very good one I lacked energy and motivation. Dealing with a lot of health issues.

My Diabetes is out of control, even though my eating habits have changed for the better and I'm eating healthier, exercising more.

The time before last my A1C was 8.5%, which is high. But when the last blood work came back (taken on July 16th) it was 10.9 % which is really out of control. Usually my blood is checked once every 3 months, but because it's so high they had me do blood work again on Thursday August 6th. The doctor also increased one of my Diabetes meds (on 3 kind) to the full amount that can be taken for that particular medication.

I really don't know what else to do. Seems like I'm the reverse of what normally happens to people who lose a lot of weight and change their lifestyle for the better.
    For years I've heard that if I lost 100, even 50 lbs my Diabetes would improve greatly or go away altogether. Once again, I've (my body) has proven them wrong, honestly I wish they had been right.

I'm a little stressed with what is happening to me (my body), and how it is making me feel sluggish, and having little to no energy most of the time. I still force my self to get up and clean my apartment, and take care the cats, as will as exercise including some walking.
    I refuse to give up, and will keep going in the hope that all the good that I'm doing now, will kick in and things will change for the better in regards to my health.

I have your start weight as 290. No matter, you had an awesome loss this week.

I know it must be frustrating to have your diabetes under control. One thing that helped me was seeing a dietitian. I meet with him every 3 months after my diabetic check. He has taught me many things including combinations of foods to help keep my blood sugar under control.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    Not sure if I forgot to hit post earlier (I don't see my weigh-in post) or what, but here goes nothing.

I have logged your weight. You have an impressive loss to date.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,838 Member
    Options
    Goood Morning Everyone .......Happy Saturday .... I am having a hard time keeping up with all of you wonderful people ...not complaining just stating a fact :p ....For all of you who lost weight this week Congrats ....for those of you who didn't (you will next week ) just don't give up like I had done sooooooo many times ...Great job everyone with your goals :)
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    inky92 wrote: »
    Username Inky92
    Weigh In Day Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 194
    CW (Current Weight): 193

Total loss to date: 41lb
    1lb off this week, less than I wanted but in the right direction 😁 I've not eaten a chocolate bar all week (I was on one a day recently - kinder Buenos are my downfall!) and have discovered frozen grapes as a tasty snack!
    Exercise-wise, my steps are atrocious so I'm gonna try increase those this week - I have the week off work so I'm planning some day trips. Not a big fan of the exercise bike I've been trying, but I'm gonna stick with it till the end of the month. I've not been posting much on here, sorry - will try and be a bit more involved this week.

(hope I've got the weigh in format right?!)

Nice loss for you this week! One pound at a time, one day at a time. Congratulations on no chocolate bars for a week! Huge NSV there!! I’m looking forward to hearing more from you this coming week! Let us know how you are getting on with your workouts. You can do this!
    FormerlyFit48
    Last weight 225
    Current weight 224.6

Nicely done! It’s a small loss but it’s going the right way. Every ounce counts!
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 63 minute walk total
    Water:✅
    Steps: 12,243

Just finishing up my coffee and getting ready for grocery shopping. The girls will be here most of the day and I am sure we will be playing games all afternoon. We will take a break for a walk. I don’t think it will be enough to get me to my 10,000 steps but we will see. Therapy went well yesterday and I have lots of exercises to do.

Daily goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. No late night snacking
    5. 72 ounces of water
    6. Bed by 11pm

Great stepping lady! I’m happy to hear your therapy went well. I hope it starts helping with pain relief soon. Enjoy your day with the girls!
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Weigh in -- Saturday
    PW 289.4
    CW 294.8
    Gain = 5.4

Holy Tonnage Batman!! Never suspected such a gain. Cravings and Late Night carb snack out of control this week but never expected such a large gain.

OK, new week ... need to get snacking under control.

Have a good week everyone!

That snacking really has a way of sneaking up on us. If only it were that easy to lose it again. I can work my butt off for weeks and barely show a loss but then have one night out and it’s like I ate an entire cow! It’s ok Cesse this will be off by next weigh in as long as you stick to it. You can do it!
    PW (Previous Weight): 290
    since joining F2F (3 lbs)

Nicely done this week! Onward and downward!!

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Daily post August 7

Got your steps in! Like Linda said, very important to listen to your body and avoid causing some injury. I also have issues with my hips and when they start up I stop and give a break. Rest and recovery are as important as everything else on this journey. Hope you start feeling better and rested ❤️
    Tazaria87
    Saturday

Nicely done this week! Congrats on your amazing loss! I usually use my total weight loss for LTD. it helps to remind me how far I’ve come when km feeling down.
    Correction last post:

NO stress and no need for apologies. We all have our rough days. I’m sorry you’ve had such a difficult week. I wish I knew what to say in such situations but I have no experience with Diabetes neither for me or any close relatives. What has your family doctor Said about Your weight loss not helping with your health and In fact making it worse. I pray you Feel better soon ❤️

Well done this week! Slow and steady wins the race!
  • pandygirl1
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018, Thank you! wasn't sure what I posted as my start weight. I'm working hard to get this excess weight off.

@mari_moulin, my Dr hasn't said anything about it.
    We only communicate through emails. She's only concerned about the Diabetes right now.
  • Tazaria87
    edited August 2020
    Options

Tazaria87
    Saturday

I would take your lost to date from your highest weight ever. That is when you started your weight loss journey. Sometimes we get a nice surprise with our weight loss. Well done!
    Nicely done this week! Congrats on your amazing loss! I usually use my total weight loss for LTD. it helps to remind me how far I’ve come when km feeling down.

Ok so for today's weigh in I'll put my LTD as 97.2 pounds. That's kind of crazy seeing that in writing
  • pandygirl1
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018, I can only see a dietitian with my doctor's approval, because I can't afford to pay one myself.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I Struggled today and I saw myself reverting to previous bad habits. I got some really bad news that kept me irritable and on the edge all day. And for some reasons eventhough I knew food won't provide the consolation I required my mind was still drawing me there.

I managed to stay below 2000 but I just wonder how I can start building a healthier coping mechanism
    I have my family and I do pray and listen to music too but sometimes it's just what it is.
    Goodnight.....
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day (late):
    PW: ?
    CW: 250.0

I have been in quite a funk lately and trying to work myself out of it. I find it interesting and confusing at the same time to know what works, but not seeeming able to pull it off consistently.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You guys! I have had an amazing day! I guess it is the phentermine but I had TONS of energy. Did some random workouts around the house, (forgot the gym closed early today), had a dance party with the littles, did jumping jacks far longer than I ever thought I could, and ate fairly decently today.

I was also feeling surprisingly good emotionally which was shocking to me because yesterday I was SUPER mopey. I expect there to be fluctuations as things change and progress but the future looks bright!

Have a good night y'all!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Tazaria87
    Saturday

Ok so for today's weigh in I'll put my LTD as 97.2 pounds. That's kind of crazy seeing that in writing

That is amazing. In less than 3 pounds you will have lost 100 pounds.

@lindamtuck2018, I can only see a dietitian with my doctor's approval, because I can't afford to pay one myself.

The doctors office I go to has support in areas such as diabetes counseling, registered dietitian, social workers and many more. I am grateful to have access to these resources. They even do the diabetic foot care there. I think there are some great online resources. When it is not late I will dig out the links for you. I am getting ready for bed now.

I Struggled today and I saw myself reverting to previous bad habits. I got some really bad news that kept me irritable and on the edge all day. And for some reasons eventhough I knew food won't provide the consolation I required my mind was still drawing me there.

I managed to stay below 2000 but I just wonder how I can start building a healthier coping mechanism
    I have my family and I do pray and listen to music too but sometimes it's just what it is.
    Goodnight.....

Emotional eating is a tough one. One thing I did when I did my therapy for binge eating disorder was make a list of things I could do instead of eating. I posted it on the fridge so it was visible. It sounds silly but it works. I actually need to make a new list myself. Tonight I am fighting those urges myself and I am trying to distract myself by coming here and reading everyone’s posts. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

You guys! I have had an amazing day! I guess it is the phentermine but I had TONS of energy. Did some random workouts around the house, (forgot the gym closed early today), had a dance party with the littles, did jumping jacks far longer than I ever thought I could, and ate fairly decently today.

I was also feeling surprisingly good emotionally which was shocking to me because yesterday I was SUPER mopey. I expect there to be fluctuations as things change and progress but the future looks bright!

Have a good night y'all!

You got to love those good days. There will always be ups and downs in this journey but we always have to look at the big picture.
This discussion has been closed.