WaistAways Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I’m going kayaking tomorrow. I’m not sure I’ll remember to weigh in since I’ll be up early.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Picture it. There I was driving along minding my own business when a lovely, lemony aroma started wafting through my car. It made me smile. ........Thankfully I escaped with my life and the best smelling car this side of the Mississippi. Ya just can't make this stuff up!!!!😂😂😂

Too funny. :D I can just imagine the moment you realized what it might be!
  • eggfreak
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    My dentist appointment was fine. And my dentist remains the nicest dentist in the universe.

But I'm so hungry. I'm not gonna make it guys. I can feel myself wasting away where I sit. My stomach has wrapped around my spine and I have only minutes to live I'm sure. Tell my broccoli farewell.

How nice to have the nicest dentist in the universe.
    Google Tim Conway, dentist sketch on youtube - always good for a laugh.
    I hope you found a good broccoli substitute :) a little reward for braving the dentist.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    What a great read! Everything from crying broccoli and stomach-wrapped spinal columns, to Rhonda running away from a swarm of bees loving on her lemon scented car trunk! This has certainly thrown some serious smiling into everyone's day. Although I am sure the storytelling made both way more fun than they were to live through!

I hope that after your trip and some crazy days that things will calm down, @CanadianGiraffe - I think that working on eating your way through the rainbow will be a wonderful restorative. :heart:

Do you all know how many GREEN numbers there are so far this week? :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

I had a lovely but slightly crazy day today - including a swim at a totally secluded spot along the St. François river. This spot is known to a few people, I'm sure, but I have never seen anyone there. You have to hike in, and then you have your choice of deep-ish water with light current, and shallower with quite a lovely floating ride through several twists and turns. The current gets pretty intense, but then you can get up, walk back, and do it all again! I needed some water therapy, so luckily it was a beautiful day when I had 3 hours to wait around between 2 different appointments.

No worries if you are weighing-in late @lovethyneighbor - if I don't see one by Sunday morning when I'm doing tallies, I'll just carry you over from last week. Early morning kayaking is always a good excuse!
  • jugar
    Options
    I will close my day here with the reminders!
    Still due for today:

@KellyBgetsFit
    @Steph1498

Due Saturday - and remember, you can't be late when you're a Saturday person! I do the tallies bright and early on Sunday morning, so no matter what time zone you're in, just get the weights posted here by the time your Saturday ends. If you miss that, Sunday morning cut off is 8:00 am Eastern (Canada/US). After that is OK, but it won't count in the team tallies - thanks!

@Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @matthewsfive
    @Stefbomb2020
    @Cerizez
    @lovethyneighbor
    @tobeme3
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    I loved the stories too. Rhonda and Amber, you had me laughing out loud.

Our team is doing amazing this week! Way to go with all that green. 💚

I was able to get over 10,000 steps again today. 🙂👟👟 I did a 16 minute upper body & arms workout, then did about 15 minutes of kid yoga with my sweet granddaughter. It was her idea. 🧘🏻‍♀️ I logged all my food and closed it out.

Sure hope what I saw today when I stepped on the scale is not what I see tomorrow for my official weigh in. I need a loss.

My rainbow 🌈 today...

Red raspberries, yellow banana, green pepper, cucumber, lettuce, avocado, orange carrots, red 🍷, I can’t think of any blue or purple today.

@jugar your swim sounded lovely.

Have a great night!

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Steps: 7,010
    @evangsimmons170 I could picture your entire adventure! Thanks for sharing and for being such a good entertainer! Have a fab weekend.
  • theweeonemfp
    theweeonemfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling horrible today and its only 7am

Feel like I messed up yesterday and haven't logged either. I've been weighing myself throughout the week and I'd lost but now im back up to where I started which is demotivating.

I've got a BBQ today as well so I'll miss my lunch and just eat at that for dinner. Already ate crisps and toast 😅
  • eggfreak
    Options
    @jugar your swim sounds heavenly. Did the grant you applied for a while back ever come through?

The weather cooled off at least (without a drop of rain) and I took advantage and cooked up a chicken, barley & mushroom soup - not exactly summer fare but delicious and the chicken was on sale. Just entered the recipe and it works out to 190 calories per cup of hearty, thick, & filling soup. The Recipe tool is great for soups - it can sometimes be hard to find a suitable match but persist and you will. I make a huge pot, once it cools a bit, I measure out how many cups it made (the recipe tool needs that), portion and freeze some. I've learned that if I make the soup again and need to adjust quantities in the recipes, because I never quite make it the same way twice, you can 'copy' the recipe and then just edit/tweak the copied version. I try to date the soup in the title so I know which one to select when logging. I guess I should just delete the older versions but I don't.
    have a great weekend all
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 15
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm feeling horrible today and its only 7am

Feel like I messed up yesterday and haven't logged either. I've been weighing myself throughout the week and I'd lost but now im back up to where I started which is demotivating.

I've got a BBQ today as well so I'll miss my lunch and just eat at that for dinner. Already ate crisps and toast 😅
    Hang in there! Grab some fruit and raw veggies to munch on when the urge for something crispy or sweet hits. Need salty and crunchy? Pickles! Don't let that scale get you down. Or if it does, give it a piece of your mind and tell it "Oh yeah? I don't think so" or some such snide and challenging remark. Then go move your body and eat some good stuff. You can do this!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Another gorgeous day here - we're on a roll. DH is finally re-doing the inside of our sauna so we can use it this year some time. He replaced the roof 2 summers ago and gutted the interior, but then had shoulder replacement surgery last summer and could not do the work. So finally it is happening. I get to go down and help every now and again. It is an adorable tiny building next to our pond, and we have sorely missed going down there to bake in the coldest part of the winter (which lasts approximately forever), and then walking around outside in nothing but our boots whooping and feeling invincible. It's fun having absolutely no neighbours!

@eggfreak - no, sadly, I did not get the grant I applied for. We're working on a different one and hoping to make something work! In the meantime, I'm finally putting all my old concert recordings on soundcloud, and as soon as I have all the other performers' written approval, I'll make them public. It's tedious, but I'm finally finally getting it done. I just wish I were playing with other musicians. It feels like a huge part of my life has been removed. Meh.

Onward ho! I hope you're all having a lovely Saturday :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.