• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: None
    Water:✅
    Steps: 2,408

It is going to be crazy busy the next few days. I am still struggling with the late night eating. All I know is I am gaining weight at a far rapid rate than I ever lost so I need to get a grip. I think I have to dig deeper into my bag of tricks to overcome this one.

Daily goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum
    2. 9,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. No late night snacking
    5. 72 ounces of water
    6. Bed by 10:30 pm

Sorry you are still struggling with late night eating .... I know in the past Fiber and Protein kept me full ... Maybe try an apple and peanut butter as your last snack in the evening ....Wishing you the very best ............hugs

I definitely need to mix up my snacks. This is worth a try also. Thanks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily post August 9
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calorie: Yes
    Exercise: No
    Steps: 2910
    Water: 108oz

We spent the day at my parents house, relaxed, played cards, ate dinner. It was a true rest day for me and it was nice.

Relaxation is good. We definitely need rest days. It sounds like an enjoyable time.

cesse47 wrote: »
    Check In - Monday
    PW 289.4
    CW 294.8

Got thru last night with only 1 small snack ... a couple of lifesavers. Today has been good thus far. Going Up North for an overnight stay at a hotel with small group of friends. Have checked the menu and have preplanned my supper. Also, taking an orange to have as a snack in my room. Plan to drink only bottled water while I'm there which is provided free ... plan to stay away from the free pop and mixed drinks. Breakfast should be ok ... omelette with dry toast. Keeping fingers crossed!! So far this week ... keeping on track!!

Steps -- 3000 each on Saturday and Sunday
    Monday 3000

That is great that you have prepared in advance. With a plan you will do fine. Make sure you have a great time.

rhaaa wrote: »
    Sorry I need a correction. I wasn’t totally awake when I posted this morning
    Pw-292
    Cw-289
    Total loss to date 71

Got the change.

Hey everyone! My name is Stephanie. I apologize for being so late in joining and missing the first weigh. I was sick last week but I am doing better now. Still recovering a little.

The only upside to being sick is losing some weight, now if I can just keep that weight off once I get fully better that will be good!

A little about me.. I am 32 years old and single, no kids. I work as a bank teller, so a very sedentary job. I enjoy relaxing with my close friends, watching tv shows, playing music/singing and photography. I have been obese for the majority of my life. I feel like a professional yo-yo dieter, lose some weight just to go back to where I started if not heavier.

I'm 5ft7in and my highest weight I recall is around 380 pounds. My starting weight for this challenge is 367.8 and I chose my weigh in days to be Friday. My goal for August is to get under 360 pounds. I want to take it slower this time and hoping to be able to stick with it more.

One of my biggest struggles with weight loss is emotional eating. As an introvert I tend to bottle up my emotions often. Therefore food is a comfort for me. I really do need to fix my relationship with food and I need to learn to let my emotions out more.

I'm excited about this group because I need that accountability! Weight loss is something that is so difficult to do on your own! Now that I'm starting to feel better I am going to try to be more active on here and give support to others! I look forward to this challenge and getting to know everyone!

Feel free to add me as a friend on here!

Welcome to the team! I am glad you are on the mend. Emotional eating is a tough one. I am definitely an emotional eater myself. I am excited to hear more from you and watch you on your weight loss journey.
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Week 2:
    PW: 173
    CW: 173

I going to start a workout routine tomorrow, this plateau can’t continue!
  • jenmurphy3
    jenmurphy3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Before I forget and then the month is over 🤦‍♀️
    Week #2 Monday 8/10
    Weight: 232.8 I went up, but last night I ate horrible. My weekend eating was not very focus driven and hence the scale reflected that. But no worries I’m making a public announcement. Next week I WILL be between 229-230
    Calories: stayed on point (but the day is not over)
    Water: not so good today, that is probably why I was so tired and out of it all day, not simply because it was so darn hot 🥵
    Goals for the week:
    Eat more vegetables 🥦🥬🥒
    Stay focused
    Continue with my exercise routine (that really does keep me grounded)
    Drink water 💦
  • rhaaa
    rhaaa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    August 10 steps
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    August 10: 6,770 steps.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,774 Member
    Options
    August 10 Steps: 7000
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin I'm so sorry, I've been so thrown off on my sleeping schedule. It's affecting my efforts with fitness because I'm up to work at 8am, then I crash for a few hours after I sign out and here I am up until 2 am again. I'm going to pick up some melatonin so I can get back to where I'm supposed to be. I have been doing my 30-minute bike rides though!

Steps:
    August 6: 6,853
    August 7: 9,980
    August 8: 806
    August 9: 5,811
    August 10: 4,997

guess what day my Fitbit stayed forgotten on the charger... ugh
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    28Haveitall2020
    PW: 237.7
    CW: 237.7

I won't be active this week as we just lost our Grandma last night and it has not been an easy night nor will the week be.

All the best in your weekly goals.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Week 2:
    PW: 173
    CW: 173

I going to start a workout routine tomorrow, this plateau can’t continue!

I can understand how frustrating this plateau must be. Maybe a new routine is what you need to shake it up and get things moving down again.

jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    Before I forget and then the month is over 🤦‍♀️
    Week #2 Monday 8/10
    Weight: 232.8 I went up, but last night I ate horrible. My weekend eating was not very focus driven and hence the scale reflected that. But no worries I’m making a public announcement. Next week I WILL be between 229-230
    Calories: stayed on point (but the day is not over)
    Water: not so good today, that is probably why I was so tired and out of it all day, not simply because it was so darn hot 🥵
    Goals for the week:
    Eat more vegetables 🥦🥬🥒
    Stay focused
    Continue with my exercise routine (that really does keep me grounded)
    Drink water 💦

Sharing your goal is a great way to help you meet it. It is funny how not drinking enough water can affect us. I have started buying the nestea ice tea drops to put in my water. It has really helped me meet my water goal every day.

missGYST wrote: »
    @mari_moulin I'm so sorry, I've been so thrown off on my sleeping schedule. It's affecting my efforts with fitness because I'm up to work at 8am, then I crash for a few hours after I sign out and here I am up until 2 am again. I'm going to pick up some melatonin so I can get back to where I'm supposed to be. I have been doing my 30-minute bike rides though!

Steps:

I hope you can get your sleep back on track. My daughter swears by melatonin. Great job on keeping up with your bike rides.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    28Haveitall2020

I won't be active this week as we just lost our Grandma last night and it has not been an easy night nor will the week be.

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending lots of hugs your way.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ratdon3hylbq.jpeg

What triggers are in your environment that sabotage your eating and exercise? What do you do to overcome these triggers?

A big trigger for me is seeing a commercial or someone with a certain food item. I then in no uncertain terms want that food. When this happens I try and figure out if I really need it. Most times my looking at it logically I can overcome the tigger.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Steps: 3,865

I didn’t late night mindlessly eat last night but I went to bed at 9:30. I would do this every night but it is not practical. I also adjusted my evening snack time last night. I got my walk in already today.

Daily goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. 9,000 steps
    5. 72 ounces of water
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Congratulations
    cfznc2z75177.png
    Way to go Downsizers! We placed number 3 on the leaderboard. Let’s get to number 1 this week.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    28Haveitall2020

I am soooooo sorry for your loss ......hugssssssssssssssss
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Steps: 3,865

I didn’t late night mindlessly eat last night but I went to bed at 9:30. I would do this every night but it is not practical. I also adjusted my evening snack time last night. I got my walk in already today.

Daily goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. 9,000 steps
    5. 72 ounces of water

Great job with no late night snacking ....You got this Linda :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »

Steps:

I hope you can get your sleeping schedule back on track
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I will be without internet for a few hours .... I am changing providers ... he is suppose to be here between 8am and 10am .....Hopefully I will not have any problems with the new provider like I am now ...
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Check In - Tuesday
    PW 289.4
    CW 294.8

My night away was fun. And, best of all, I did stick to my eating plan last night and for breakfast so feeling good about that. I did have a late night snack but had a navel orange and it was planned ... YEA ME!! Home now. Have a couple of light chores to do, then plan to do my yoga after lunch.

Steps -- 3000 each on Saturday and Sunday
    Monday 3000
    Tuesday 3000
This discussion has been closed.