WaistAways Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I was looking at maybe doing a meal delivery service to ease up some of our stress and vary our food options a touch.

But everything is 1000-1300 calories per serving! :cold_sweat:

I'll just suck up having to cook my usual 500-700 calorie dinners I guess.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: Β»
    I was looking at maybe doing a meal delivery service to ease up some of our stress and vary our food options a touch.

But everything is 1000-1300 calories per serving! :cold_sweat:

I'll just suck up having to cook my usual 500-700 calorie dinners I guess.

It might be worth trying it once and seeing what the portions look like. I know if I order Indian takeout - It's quite a lot and I can divide the main dish into two (or even three) and get multiple meals out of it...and cut the calorie intake/meal. On the occasion that I eat the whole thing, I can barely move and regret it, ha!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    @Terytha Well it's not exactly meal delivery but kinda along those lines. I have used cook smarts in the past. They tend to be healthier and appropriate portions. They plan the meals for you and give you a shopping list. I use it when I am so sick of coming up with ideas for meals. I usually subscribe to it here and there throughout the year. It's probably more cost effective than actual meal delivery service too. You can do a free trial before committing. https://www.cooksmarts.com/
  • Terytha
    Options
    @Terytha Well it's not exactly meal delivery but kinda along those lines. I have used cook smarts in the past. They tend to be healthier and appropriate portions. They plan the meals for you and give you a shopping list. I use it when I am so sick of coming up with ideas for meals. I usually subscribe to it here and there throughout the year. It's probably more cost effective than actual meal delivery service too. You can do a free trial before committing. https://www.cooksmarts.com/

But then I still have to go grocery shopping. Which kinda defeats the purpose a bit.

I'll bookmark it for the future though, might come in handy when life settles down. :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
    Options
    What a Monday! It is funny that the messages just above here are about meal delivery services. I have been shopping for those to give my mother for her 90th birthday, which is coming up real soon! She lives in a senior community and gets one meal a day from there, but they have much less choice than usual since the beginning of the pandemic, so she isn't too happy with it right now. She cooks for herself the rest of the time, but she should not be going to shop much - she's in Charlotte NC where there are many cases. So I have looked at Hello Fresh (which is also in Canada, @Terytha ) and many of the meals look great, and are reasonable calories. The cooking part is clearly set out and all the ingredients are there. There is another one that is vegan (meals already prepared, just need heating), and many others that I have slowly excluded. I was amazed at how many there were - I doubt you have as many choices in the Calgary area, Amber - but I hope you find one you like.

Whew! I had a busy day - the usual Monday morning grocery run, and then all the veggies I picked over the past 2 days needed cooking, processing, freezing, or whatever. I still have too many zucchini. I grilled some for dinner. Trying to figure out how to use them all up - so tomorrow it is GREEN SOUP day! That should do most of the rest in. I always love the stuff in January. I had a good long walk though, and now I'm just going to finish up with the stretching, and hop in the shower.

I am so glad some of you have had that perfect day! I had one today too - it is the best reset button. Keep with it! You'll feel so good.
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Pretty good day overall, met my step goal and calories within range. Enjoyed more fresh veggies from the garden.

I woke up with some really bad neck and shoulder pain again, happened last week and again today. Makes it really difficult to be physically active. I have an appt next week with a chiropractor and massage therapist, first time for both. Hoping to figure out what's going on and get it taken care of.
  • tobeme3
    tobeme3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post before bed, it's so late/early.

OF the first row, I did 10206 steps (20+ min walking), 55 jumping jacks, 30 min yoga, and 30 min upper body shred. I'll do the hitt tomorrow. Thanks for the bingo challenge gave me that extra motivation I needed. I was also within my calories goal, but could have had more fruits and veg. Gladly just got my order today, so I'll make up for that this week.

So tired. Till tomorrow!
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Good morning lovely Slimmers!
    I hope everyone is doing well 😊

@jugar and @micki48
    Do you think it's possible to put me on team support for now, please? I'm setting up my own business 😁 I'll be selling camping equipment, yeey! I'm so excited 😬 I have my website, well domain name at the moment. I've secured the account with very important supplier 😊 the last couple of weeks were very stressful and took its tall on me. I've put on couple of lbs, sat at the desk trying to organise it all. No steps 😞
    I want to be up and ready to sell on 1st September before I'm back at work.

So do you think I could have a break until September 1st, please?
    I will be grateful β™₯️
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Steps yesterday 8/10 were 8006 - No other exercise...

I have to change my way of thinking...

I do not have to get 8000 steps to be successful, I do not have to do well in the fitbit challenges to be successful, I do not have to exercise for an hour and a half everyday to be successful... Exercise is for health, not weight loss.. Calorie deficit is all I need to actually lose weight..

I get so frustrated with myself if I don't follow my schedule perfectly, but I seriously need to lower my expectations of myself and cut myself some slack, but that is not what I do, it's never been what I do... This is why I don't succeed, if I can't do it perfectly, I don't do it, then I wallow in self pity, then I try again... it's a really vicious circle...

So here is my new plan for the rest of the month..
    I need the aerobics for heart health
    I need the yoga for all my spine issues
    I need the strength training for the spine issues, and future health

Mon - 45 Min Aerobics
    Tuesday - 30 min yoga, 30 min strength
    Weds - 45 Min Aerobics
    Thursday - 30 min yoga, 30 min strength
    Friday - 45 Min Aerobics
    Sat & Sunday = Whatever I feel like doing, we will call it active rest days..
    Then the following week I will reverse it.. So I do Yoga/strength 3 days..

What do ya think of that plan, looks reasonable right ? I think I will start walking the dogs in the mornings I do yoga/strength, since I will do that in the evenings...

• Terytha
    Options
    Yep, Hello Fresh is the one we figured we'd try. Some interesting recipes there as long as we can avoid anything with broccoli. I love it, he does not. =P

Payday is tomorrow and then we'll talk about it more.

@ells_runs Congrats and good luck with the business! I'm excited for you!
  • jugar
    Options

@jugar and @micki48
    Do you think it's possible to put me on team support for now, please? I'm setting up my own business 😁 I'll be selling camping equipment, yeey! I'm so excited 😬 I have my website, well domain name at the moment. I've secured the account with very important supplier 😊 the last couple of weeks were very stressful and took its tall on me. I've put on couple of lbs, sat at the desk trying to organise it all. No steps 😞

I will be grateful β™₯️

Absolutely no problem! And I LOVE camping gear, so be sure to do a little self promotion once you're set up, ok? You can still come and post here any time you feel like it (little updates about you - no need to read all the posts!). We'd love to know how you're doing. I'll pester you a few days before the September challenge starts :heart:
  • jugar
    Options

I do not have to get 8000 steps to be successful, I do not have to do well in the fitbit challenges to be successful, I do not have to exercise for an hour and a half everyday to be successful... Exercise is for health, not weight loss.. Calorie deficit is all I need to actually lose weight..

I get so frustrated with myself if I don't follow my schedule perfectly, but I seriously need to lower my expectations of myself and cut myself some slack, but that is not what I do, it's never been what I do... This is why I don't succeed, if I can't do it perfectly, I don't do it, then I wallow in self pity, then I try again... it's a really vicious circle...

Mon - 45 Min Aerobics
    Weds - 45 Min Aerobics
    Friday - 45 Min Aerobics

What do ya think of that plan, looks reasonable right ? I think I will start walking the dogs in the mornings I do yoga/strength, since I will do that in the evenings...

You are so right to question our weird internal voices that tell us when we are "failing" even though we are not. Your schedule is an ideal - but be sure to allow the word "flexible" as part of your self definition! Some days have a way of being unpredictable... I get really inspired by your plans though. I tend to try to wing it, which often means things don't happen. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    I forgot to nag last night!

Weigh-ins Due:
    @reflectionofme
    @Mandiv2020
    @CM_73

Thanks! I'll be back later - off to physio and other fun...
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,292 Member
    Options

@jugar and @micki48

I will be grateful β™₯️

@ells_runs How exciting! Good luck with your business. Yes, do check in with us and let us know how you are doing. Hope it’s everything you’ve dreamed of.
  • micki48
    Options

Mon - 45 Min Aerobics
    Weds - 45 Min Aerobics
    Friday - 45 Min Aerobics

@Gidgitgoescrazy It amazes me to think you think you are somehow failing. You are a queen πŸ‘‘ at consistent exercise. And even when you think you’ve done poorly, you are still losing every month. Win!

Your plan is awesome and inspiring. You will be just fine. Like Liselyn said, it’s important to allow yourself flexibility. You've got this. πŸ™‚
  • micki48
    Options
    jguldi11 wrote: Β»
    Pretty good day overall, met my step goal and calories within range. Enjoyed more fresh veggies from the garden.

I woke up with some really bad neck and shoulder pain again, happened last week and again today. Makes it really difficult to be physically active. I have an appt next week with a chiropractor and massage therapist, first time for both. Hoping to figure out what's going on and get it taken care of.

@jguldi11 Hope you get some relief and the chiropractor and massage help. I have had good results with both and I don’t go on a regular basis.
This discussion has been closed.