Downsizers Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Morning everyone, here for a Monday check in.

This morning on the scale I weighed in at 250.8. I'm happy to see those digits and hoping they'll stay and continue to go down! I still did multiple days of walking and one day of level 1 30 day shred Jillian Michaels so I feel I'm retaining some activity despite my food not being that great this past week. Let's see what fluctuations get me next week :)

Nice loss this week. I never have tried the Jillian Michaels shred but it must be intense. When I used to watch the biggest loser I always said if I ever had a trainer I wanted someone like her.

Thank you, I did level 1 sporadically ages ago and even then found it difficult.. that one session last week felt tougher now being heavier! It is a good workout though. I've done regular workouts in the last few months in terms of PE with Joe I did about a month (5 days a week) and then Chloe Ting 2 week shred (got about 7 days (not in a row) in then circumstances means I had to stop, but it was similar regularity). I realise that makes me look like I have a strong fitness level which isn't the case haha. I've never completed the Jillian Michaels full 30 day shred, I think I tried level 2 once.. here's to building it up slowly, my plan is to do level 1 a few times week like I used to and then eventually move up the levels if possible.

This morning on the scale I weighed in at 250.8. I'm happy to see those digits and hoping they'll stay and continue to go down! I still did multiple days of walking and one day of level 1 30 day shred Jillian Michaels so I feel I'm retaining some activity despite my food not being that great this past week. Let's see what fluctuations get me next week :)

Great job ..... Jillian Michael's 30 day shred is not easy .... I did it in the past but of course I didn't do all 30 days ..That is something I will do in the future when I do not have anymore fractures in my feet :)

As mentioned above, I've never done all 30 days either - I don't know how people do it every day!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,526 Member
    Options

Nice loss this week. I never have tried the Jillian Michaels shred but it must be intense. When I used to watch the biggest loser I always said if I ever had a trainer I wanted someone like her.

Thank you, I did level 1 sporadically ages ago and even then found it difficult.. that one session last week felt tougher now being heavier! It is a good workout though. I've done regular workouts in the last few months in terms of PE with Joe I did about a month (5 days a week) and then Chloe Ting 2 week shred (got about 7 days (not in a row) in then circumstances means I had to stop, but it was similar regularity). I realise that makes me look like I have a strong fitness level which isn't the case haha. I've never completed the Jillian Michaels full 30 day shred, I think I tried level 2 once.. here's to building it up slowly, my plan is to do level 1 a few times week like I used to and then eventually move up the levels if possible.

Great job ..... Jillian Michael's 30 day shred is not easy .... I did it in the past but of course I didn't do all 30 days ..That is something I will do in the future when I do not have anymore fractures in my feet :)

As mentioned above, I've never done all 30 days either - I don't know how people do it every day!

I know when I did it ... I hurt all over ...It was hard to sit down it hurt so bad LOL
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily post August 10
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 10355
    Water: 128oz

Most Mondays I watch my niece who is one. The kids are crazy when they get together so I'm on the go most of the day. Before lunch we went outside and I pushed the kids on the swings and helped the youngest down the slide. When the girls took a nap my son and I went for a walk. Got the kids to bed too late again to walk outside, so I hopped on the treadmill for a bit to get my last steps in.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I just want to apologize for my absence these past few days. My nephew is here visiting from England and he has kept us quite busy since Sunday. I’m so tired with the move and his visit I just need some downtime. He flies back out next Sunday so after that I’m back to the gym and things should start going back to normal.

I think I’ve gotten everyone’s steps in but if you see that I’ve missed you I apologize. Just tag me in a post and let me know what days I’ve missed.

I won’t be able to catch up on all posts And I’m very sorry but I’m still here cheering you all on through everything good and bad.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Check In - Tuesday
    PW 289.4
    CW 294.8

My night away was fun. And, best of all, I did stick to my eating plan last night and for breakfast so feeling good about that. I did have a late night snack but had a navel orange and it was planned ... YEA ME!! Home now. Have a couple of light chores to do, then plan to do my yoga after lunch.

Steps -- 3000 each on Saturday and Sunday
    Monday 3000
    Tuesday 3000

Glad you had fun. Great job on sticking with your food plan.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily post August 10
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 10355
    Water: 128oz

Most Mondays I watch my niece who is one. The kids are crazy when they get together so I'm on the go most of the day. Before lunch we went outside and I pushed the kids on the swings and helped the youngest down the slide. When the girls took a nap my son and I went for a walk. Got the kids to bed too late again to walk outside, so I hopped on the treadmill for a bit to get my last steps in.

Taking care of the kids probably burns a ton of calories. You are doing very well on meeting those goals.

Hey everyone. I just want to apologize for my absence these past few days. My nephew is here visiting from England and he has kept us quite busy since Sunday. I’m so tired with the move and his visit I just need some downtime. He flies back out next Sunday so after that I’m back to the gym and things should start going back to normal.

I think I’ve gotten everyone’s steps in but if you see that I’ve missed you I apologize. Just tag me in a post and let me know what days I’ve missed.

I won’t be able to catch up on all posts And I’m very sorry but I’m still here cheering you all on through everything good and bad.

Enjoy your visit. I guess you will be glad to get back to the gym.
  • rhaaa
    rhaaa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    August 11 steps 5583
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    August 10: 7,473 steps!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    8/11 Steps: 7200
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Check In - Wednesday
    PW 289.4
    CW 294.8

Was not able to get my yoga in yesterday but did some fairly strenuous chores which I feel more than made up for it. Stuck to my eating plan yesterday and planned an apple for a nighttime snack. Because of my large gain last week, I decided to concentrate only on an eating plan this week. So far my eating plan and water have been on target so am please with that. After weigh-in on Saturday, I'll go back to including my August goals and Daily tasks but felt this week I need to keep my focus sharply on my eating ... staying on plan and rethinking a late night snack to keep it within my caloric goal and not a salty carb laden snack.

The insane cravings I experienced last week are no longer with me ... Thank God!!

Monday 3000
    Tuesday 3000
    Wednesday 3000
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    p9g9bpwkd5wh.png

What is your favorite healthy snack ?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Check In - Wednesday
    PW 289.4
    CW 294.8

Was not able to get my yoga in yesterday but did some fairly strenuous chores which I feel more than made up for it. Stuck to my eating plan yesterday and planned an apple for a nighttime snack. Because of my large gain last week, I decided to concentrate only on an eating plan this week. So far my eating plan and water have been on target so am please with that. After weigh-in on Saturday, I'll go back to including my August goals and Daily tasks but felt this week I need to keep my focus sharply on my eating ... staying on plan and rethinking a late night snack to keep it within my caloric goal and not a salty carb laden snack.

The insane cravings I experienced last week are no longer with me ... Thank God!!

Monday 3000
    Tuesday 3000
    Wednesday 3000

Very smart of you to concentrate on 1 thing :) ...You got this :)
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    p9g9bpwkd5wh.png

I would say I like fruit as a snack, banana...oranges...peach...pears. I really helps that they are easily eaten and I actually don't have to prepare something.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    p9g9bpwkd5wh.png

I use to love apples with PB ...but now that I am keto/low carb ... I love roasted salted Pistachios in the shell ....I am making low carb beef jerky for the 1st time ... I marinated a flank steak over night so I will be putting it in the oven soon :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check In - Wednesday
    PW 289.4
    CW 294.8

Monday 3000
    Tuesday 3000
    Wednesday 3000

I agree with Megan, concentrating on your eating plan is a good thing. I bet you feel better when you don’t have those salty carb snacks. I find that I am really bloated the next day and I just don’t want to do anything.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    p9g9bpwkd5wh.png

Apples or clementines. I am not a big fruit eater but I love these two . I bought some grapes to try this week. Maybe they will become a new favourite.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 72 minute walk total
    Water:✅
    Steps: 11,929

Last night I did end up eating carbs late at night. The positive is I stopped it before it got too out of control. I am really lazy today and I have not accomplished anything. I am going to walk to Tim Hortons and get a cup of tea. At least I will get some steps today. I am going to take a page out of @cesse47 book and concentrate on just the late night eating as my goal for the rest of the week.

Happy hump day!

Daily goals
    1. No late night snacking
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    p9g9bpwkd5wh.png

Apples or clementines. I am not a big fruit eater but I love these two . I bought some grapes to try this week. Maybe they will become a new favourite.

I use to put grapes in the freezer ...I think they are very yummy that way :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 72 minute walk total
    Water:✅
    Steps: 11,929

Last night I did end up eating carbs late at night. The positive is I stopped it before it got too out of control. I am really lazy today and I have not accomplished anything. I am going to walk to Tim Hortons and get a cup of tea. At least I will get some steps today. I am going to take a page out of @cesse47 book and concentrate on just the late night eating as my goal for the rest of the week.

Happy hump day!

Daily goals
    1. No late night snacking

You got this .... take it 1 day at a time :)
This discussion has been closed.