Downsizers Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    p9g9bpwkd5wh.png

What is your favorite healthy snack ?

I like fruit- apple, banana, grapes, peach or plum. If I have enough calories for my night snack I like apples with almond butter. I make Paleo snack bars with different kinds of nuts and stuff that are baked. My husband and I love them. Actually so do my kids lol. I also have a couple different flavors of almond flour crackers that I munch on on occasion.
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    Daily post August 11
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 9930
    Water: 128oz

Two walks again, one with the kids while pushing my daughter in the stroller, one by myself at night. I had a terrible 'fat' day yesterday. You know, some days I look in the mirror and think I look great, can see my progress and all that. Then days like yesterday come around and all I can see are the things I don't like. I felt huge all day, couldn't pass a mirror without thinking I looked terrible. I looked at myself and still saw the person I was before I started losing weight, like nothing had changed.
    Clearly I know I've changed, but I couldn't stop the thoughts. I exercised anyway, followed my eating plan anyway, even though the temptation to eat whatever was there. I think that's the biggest change of all. Not letting my odd feelings control my eating anymore.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily post August 11
    Steps: 9930

Two walks again, one with the kids while pushing my daughter in the stroller, one by myself at night. I had a terrible 'fat' day yesterday. You know, some days I look in the mirror and think I look great, can see my progress and all that. Then days like yesterday come around and all I can see are the things I don't like. I felt huge all day, couldn't pass a mirror without thinking I looked terrible. I looked at myself and still saw the person I was before I started losing weight, like nothing had changed.
    Clearly I know I've changed, but I couldn't stop the thoughts. I exercised anyway, followed my eating plan anyway, even though the temptation to eat whatever was there. I think that's the biggest change of all. Not letting my odd feelings control my eating anymore.

That is awesome you didn’t let the thoughts overtake your eating. I have those days too. I can look at side by side pictures and see the difference but on those days I feel like I back to my starting weight. Maybe you could post a before and after picture on your fridge. That way you can look at it and see if it will help with the thoughts. My daughter often texts me a picture when I am having these days.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,862 Member
    Options
    Got my new internet/Cable TV installed ....Finally getting away from At&T uverse :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Got my new internet/Cable TV installed ....Finally getting away from At&T uverse :)

Nothing worse than having unreliable internet. We recently switched to a new system and I love it.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We shall see how I like Xfinity/Comcast ...I do like the voice remote and all the free things like Netflix, peacock, hulu, Pandora etc.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    August 12: 8,304 steps.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    8/12 Steps: 6500
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    r858gira4va2.jpeg

AUGUST WEEK 1 STEP RESULTS
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 569,668 STEPS
    (previous week was 344,750)

TOP 3 STEPPERS

@mari_moulin - 107,146 steps
    @marigorringo - 92,854 steps
    @Tazaria87 - 64,890 steps

Well done everyone!! Let’s Keep those steps coming!!

Congrats to you 3 top steppers :)
  • dness1203
    dness1203 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Last week 291
    This week 290.8
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Last week 291
    This week 290.8

You are so amazing! I was just looking at your number of weeks with a loss and it is so good. All those losses of yours keep adding up. Congratulations!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Check In - Thursday
    PW 289.4
    CW 294.8

Having lunch out today. Not able to plan beforehand so will have to wing it! Fingers crossed. 🤞
    Plenty of bottled water on hand so that's good. May take a navel orange so I have a fruit as a snack or dessert after lunch.

Steps -- 3000 each on Saturday and Sunday
    Monday 3000
    Tuesday 3000
    Wednesday 3000
    Thursday 3000
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 33 minute walk
    Water:✅
    Steps: 7,488

I am really getting frustrated with myself. I had an all out binge last night. I feel so bloated and I have no energy what so ever. I no my weight is going to be up again tomorrow. The worst part is I feel like I am letting you guys down as well as myself. I am under a lot of stress right now and one thing I learned previously is that stress triggers my eating and binges. Today I get some answers on the situation I am dealing with and hopefully over the next few weeks things will start to settle down.

My therapy for my shoulder is going well. I am faithfully doing my exercises every day and I see the physical therapist again on Monday. I am keeping the faith that this will work and eventually I will be able to join the gym.

Daily goals
    1. No late night snacking
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Check In - Thursday
    PW 289.4
    CW 294.8

Having lunch out today. Not able to plan beforehand so will have to wing it! Fingers crossed. 🤞
    Plenty of bottled water on hand so that's good. May take a navel orange so I have a fruit as a snack or dessert after lunch.

Steps -- 3000 each on Saturday and Sunday
    Monday 3000
    Tuesday 3000
    Wednesday 3000
    Thursday 3000

I am sure you will do fine today. You have been so focused this week. Enjoy your lunch.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I forgot to step on the scale today. I will update tomorrow.
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    Daily post August 12
    Steps: 7362

Just one walk this time. I planned on taking another one at night but my husband worked late which meant we had dinner late and the kids got to bed late so it was too dark. I want to start lifting weights again. I lifted for 3 months straight doing 6 days a week and I got burnt out so I decided to take a break during August. I am really starting to miss it now though. My plan was to start lifting again after my son started school so I could lift while he was out of the house vs lifting in the middle of the morning with both my kids running around like I was doing before. He starts on Monday but I'll need to push it back one more week I think cuz next week is going to be hectic.
  • pandygirl1
    pandygirl1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I bought a fitness tracker and it finally came in a couple of days ago.
    It's nice to be able to see exactly how many steps I'm doing and not have to carry anything in my hand. It's like a watch so it makes it easier to track my steps. The tracker is able to check my pluse and blood pressure.

I've increased my walking times.
    (brisk walking indoors without the aid of my walker) big accomplishment for me, seeing how I have mobility issues.
    Brisk walking: 40 minutes (20 in a.m & 20 p.m) and 40 minutes broken up in 5-10 minutes intervals throughout the day. As I build up my strength in my legs and the rest of my body, I'll be able to increase my walking and workouts.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    August 13: 6,081 steps.

I have been short the last couple days, just really pouring myself into my littles and my health. Planning for this newfound future I have ahead of me. However, my weight is finally starting to go down and I am really enjoying the changes that I am seeing in the mirror. I also got the good news that I AM GOING BACK TO WORK NEXT WEEK! WOOT!!!! (I work part-time now at an ambulatory surgery center; desk job doing phone calls) I have been out of work at the hospital as an RN for 6 weeks after my gallbladder surgery due to lifting restrictions. All restrictions are lifted as of Tuesday (we won't tell my surgeon about my gym sessions :wink: ) So I hit the ground running 4 12-hour shifts in a row next week so I will be sure to get my steps in those days as I likely won't be able to do the gym those days.

Hope everyone has been having amazing days and congrats to our 3 big steppers!!! I hope to be joining ya'll soon! :blush:
This discussion has been closed.