Downsizers Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    August 13: 6,081 steps.

I have been short the last couple days, just really pouring myself into my littles and my health. Planning for this newfound future I have ahead of me. However, my weight is finally starting to go down and I am really enjoying the changes that I am seeing in the mirror. I also got the good news that I AM GOING BACK TO WORK NEXT WEEK! WOOT!!!! (I work part-time now at an ambulatory surgery center; desk job doing phone calls) I have been out of work at the hospital as an RN for 6 weeks after my gallbladder surgery due to lifting restrictions. All restrictions are lifted as of Tuesday (we won't tell my surgeon about my gym sessions :wink: ) So I hit the ground running 4 12-hour shifts in a row next week so I will be sure to get my steps in those days as I likely won't be able to do the gym those days.

Hope everyone has been having amazing days and congrats to our 3 big steppers!!! I hope to be joining ya'll soon! :blush:

That is all great news! Congrats!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,029 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have commented today .... I feel off today .... I slept most of the afternoon away ..not sure what is going on ...I haven't worked out at all this week due to my foot killing me ...I hope you all are doing great :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    That was suppose to read Sorry I have not commented today ooops

6/13 Steps: 4500
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily post August 12
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 7362
    Water: 128oz

Just one walk this time. I planned on taking another one at night but my husband worked late which meant we had dinner late and the kids got to bed late so it was too dark. I want to start lifting weights again. I lifted for 3 months straight doing 6 days a week and I got burnt out so I decided to take a break during August. I am really starting to miss it now though. My plan was to start lifting again after my son started school so I could lift while he was out of the house vs lifting in the middle of the morning with both my kids running around like I was doing before. He starts on Monday but I'll need to push it back one more week I think cuz next week is going to be hectic.

That’s great you are going to get back to the weights. It would be hard doing it with the kids around like that. It has been awhile since I lifted weights but I remember feeling really good when I was doing it.

pandygirl1 wrote: »
    I bought a fitness tracker and it finally came in a couple of days ago.
    It's nice to be able to see exactly how many steps I'm doing and not have to carry anything in my hand. It's like a watch so it makes it easier to track my steps. The tracker is able to check my pluse and blood pressure.

I've increased my walking times.
    (brisk walking indoors without the aid of my walker) big accomplishment for me, seeing how I have mobility issues.
    Brisk walking: 40 minutes (20 in a.m & 20 p.m) and 40 minutes broken up in 5-10 minutes intervals throughout the day. As I build up my strength in my legs and the rest of my body, I'll be able to increase my walking and workouts.

What kind of tracker did you buy? I wish mine did blood pressure so I wouldn’t need a separate monitor. I love that you are doing so much walking. You are a great inspiration.

draby2011 wrote: »
    August 13: 6,081 steps.

I have been short the last couple days, just really pouring myself into my littles and my health. Planning for this newfound future I have ahead of me. However, my weight is finally starting to go down and I am really enjoying the changes that I am seeing in the mirror. I also got the good news that I AM GOING BACK TO WORK NEXT WEEK! WOOT!!!! (I work part-time now at an ambulatory surgery center; desk job doing phone calls) I have been out of work at the hospital as an RN for 6 weeks after my gallbladder surgery due to lifting restrictions. All restrictions are lifted as of Tuesday (we won't tell my surgeon about my gym sessions :wink: ) So I hit the ground running 4 12-hour shifts in a row next week so I will be sure to get my steps in those days as I likely won't be able to do the gym those days.

Hope everyone has been having amazing days and congrats to our 3 big steppers!!! I hope to be joining ya'll soon! :blush:

It is great that your weight is going down but it is awesome that you are liking the changes in the mirror. Sometimes we can spend too much time looking for flaws and not the positive changes in our body.

That is good news you are going back to work. My thanks to you as a healthcare worker.
  • TASCascalho
    TASCascalho Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Weekly weight check!

###### Last Week ########
    So, last week this was the status:

3bmgeq4hbtl7.png

Been overeating and neglected exercise for 2 months, revamped my diet and exercise and I was expecting an huge drop on weight.

Username: TASCascalho
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 196.4 lbs (89.1 Kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 191.1 lbs (86.7 Kg)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 5.3 lbs (2.4 Kg)

#######################
    ###### This Week ########

Now, this week, this is the current status so far:

5apaiatvguev.png

I was expecting body adaptation to the new lifestyle, but I kept working out hard and strict to the diet but it seems that in terms of weight, I hit a plateau and that messed a bit with my motivation.

But since you need to look to other indicators as well besides weight, my stats indicate that there is some body recomposition too. Bodyfat decreased and muscle mass increased even though the weight loss is minimal.
    I can see some changes as well in my legs, muscles are starting to show a little bit more which indicates a drop in the bodyfat (I tend to accumulate a lot of fat in my thighs).

So, the official weight in is:

PW (Previous Weight): 191.1 lbs (86.7 Kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 189.8 lbs (86.1 Kg)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 6.6 lbs (3 Kg)

Lets keep pressing on! o:)
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Check In - Friday
    PW 289.4
    CW 294.8

As suspected, there were no healthy choices on the lunch menu yesterday. So chose a chef salad only to find processed lunchmeat on it ... which I removed. So, had a large salad with a bit of shredded cheese. I also had about 1/2 cup of chicken tortilla soup. Stuck with bottled water throughout the day. Last night I fixed a rump roast with potatoes and onions for supper. It was wonderful!! And, luckily due to skimpy lunch, I could overindulge a bit. The au jus was supurb and used it on the baby roasted potatoes instead of butter. Yum!!

Today just putzing around working on house and outside chores. I've been ignoring the scale this week so am hoping for a nice loss tomorrow. 🤞

Steps -- 3000 each on Saturday and Sunday
    Monday 3000
    Tuesday 3000
    Wednesday 3000
    Thursday 3000
    Friday 3000
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Friday
    Previous Weight: 367.8
    Current Weight: 363.0

There is about a two weeks difference there since I didn't weigh in last week, but I'm proud. I've been keeping off around what I lost since I was sick. It's progress in the right direction. Sometimes I tend to look at the big picture and get overwhelmed. A loss is a loss, no matter how big or small. Having to stay home due to being sick and not going out to get food at fast food places and restaurants has definitely helped. I hate to see what happens when I get back out there in the real world this weekend / next week. I'm hoping I will be able to keep the willpower to resist the urge to binge.

I haven't been logging my food, so I am going to start doing that this weekend. Now that I'm feeling better, I am going to start going out for walks around 3x per week. Another goal is to get 5000 steps in daily. I will keep myself accountable by checking in here every couple days with my progress on these.

Question of the day: Favorite healthy snack?
    I would say mine would be any type of fruit that gives me that satisfaction of helping to cure my sweet tooth! Some of my favorites are bananas, apples, peaches and blueberries!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weekly weight check!

###### Last Week ########
    So, last week this was the status:

3bmgeq4hbtl7.png

Been overeating and neglected exercise for 2 months, revamped my diet and exercise and I was expecting an huge drop on weight.

PW (Previous Weight): 196.4 lbs (89.1 Kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 191.1 lbs (86.7 Kg)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 5.3 lbs (2.4 Kg)

#######################
    ###### This Week ########

Now, this week, this is the current status so far:

5apaiatvguev.png

I was expecting body adaptation to the new lifestyle, but I kept working out hard and strict to the diet but it seems that in terms of weight, I hit a plateau and that messed a bit with my motivation.

But since you need to look to other indicators as well besides weight, my stats indicate that there is some body recomposition too. Bodyfat decreased and muscle mass increased even though the weight loss is minimal.
    I can see some changes as well in my legs, muscles are starting to show a little bit more which indicates a drop in the bodyfat (I tend to accumulate a lot of fat in my thighs).

So, the official weight in is:

PW (Previous Weight): 191.1 lbs (86.7 Kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 189.8 lbs (86.1 Kg)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 6.6 lbs (3 Kg)

Lets keep pressing on! o:)

I wouldn’t call a 1.3 pound loss minimal. During this process weight loss will vary from week to week. So many factors affect the number such as sodium and water intake. It is great you are starting to see a drop in body fat. I think you are doing so well and you will have continued success. Keep it up!

cesse47 wrote: »
    Check In - Friday
    PW 289.4
    CW 294.8

As suspected, there were no healthy choices on the lunch menu yesterday. So chose a chef salad only to find processed lunchmeat on it ... which I removed. So, had a large salad with a bit of shredded cheese. I also had about 1/2 cup of chicken tortilla soup. Stuck with bottled water throughout the day. Last night I fixed a rump roast with potatoes and onions for supper. It was wonderful!! And, luckily due to skimpy lunch, I could overindulge a bit. The au jus was supurb and used it on the baby roasted potatoes instead of butter. Yum!!

Today just putzing around working on house and outside chores. I've been ignoring the scale this week so am hoping for a nice loss tomorrow. 🤞

Steps -- 3000 each on Saturday and Sunday
    Monday 3000
    Tuesday 3000
    Wednesday 3000
    Thursday 3000
    Friday 3000

Your supper sounds amazing. You have been so dedicated this week. It is great to see you stick to your plan.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh in day Friday
    Previous Weight: 367.8
    Current Weight: 363.0

There is about a two weeks difference there since I didn't weigh in last week, but I'm proud. I've been keeping off around what I lost since I was sick. It's progress in the right direction. Sometimes I tend to look at the big picture and get overwhelmed. A loss is a loss, no matter how big or small. Having to stay home due to being sick and not going out to get food at fast food places and restaurants has definitely helped. I hate to see what happens when I get back out there in the real world this weekend / next week. I'm hoping I will be able to keep the willpower to resist the urge to binge.

I haven't been logging my food, so I am going to start doing that this weekend. Now that I'm feeling better, I am going to start going out for walks around 3x per week. Another goal is to get 5000 steps in daily. I will keep myself accountable by checking in here every couple days with my progress on these.

Question of the day: Favorite healthy snack?
    I would say mine would be any type of fruit that gives me that satisfaction of helping to cure my sweet tooth! Some of my favorites are bananas, apples, peaches and blueberries!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

What an amazing loss! Take your weight loss in small chunks. I use happy scale to log my daily weigh ins. I have set my weight loss goals on the app in 5 pound chunks. I understand how hard it can be to deal with urges to binge. Stay strong! I am looking forward to your check ins.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    PW: 227.3
    CW: 225.3 loss 2 lbs this week
    LTD: 43.7
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: None
    Water:✅
    Steps: 3,957

lindamtuck
    Friday
    PW 202.8
    CW 200.8
    LTD 62 pounds

I am truly shocked that I pulled off a loss this week. Yesterday my weight was sitting at 204.6 pounds. As you all know I have been struggling with late night eating/binge eating. I am going to start taking this problem one day at a time. I know the stress is causing the binges and I am going to be dealing with the stress for a few weeks. So I have to find away to deal with this besides eating. I need to spend sometime reviewing the materials I have here from by therapy for my binge eating disorder. I overcome this before and I can do it again. We all have the strength within us to overcome any obstacles set in front of us from obtaining our weight loss goals. We all got this!

Daily goals
    1. No late night snacking
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970

Awesome loss, Megan!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970

Awesome loss, Megan!

Thanks Linda .... just wish I could work out ....this foot is not allowing me to do much ughhh
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in

lindamtuck
    Friday
    PW 202.8
    CW 200.8
    LTD 62 pounds

I am truly shocked that I pulled off a loss this week. Yesterday my weight was sitting at 204.6 pounds. As you all know I have been struggling with late night eating/binge eating. I am going to start taking this problem one day at a time. I know the stress is causing the binges and I am going to be dealing with the stress for a few weeks. So I have to find away to deal with this besides eating. I need to spend sometime reviewing the materials I have here from by therapy for my binge eating disorder. I overcome this before and I can do it again. We all have the strength within us to overcome any obstacles set in front of us from obtaining our weight loss goals. We all got this!

Daily goals

Great Loss Linda ...... sorry you are struggling with late night eating ....and that you have to deal with stress for the next few weeks ........have you tried chewing sugarless gum ...or mints ....or brushing your teeth after a certain time? I wish you the very best and I hope you can find something that will help you ....hugs
  • jenmurphy3
    jenmurphy3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just realized that I have not been posting my daily steps, so here is for the Month of August up until yesterday, since the day isn't over today 😎

August 1: 7,091
    August 2: 8,858
    August 3: 6,920
    August 4: 5,041
    August 5: 6,430
    August 6: 10,882
    August 7: 16,901
    August 8: 7,376
    August 9: 7,425
    August 10: 4,025
    August 11: 5,934
    August 12: 10,101
    August 13: 6,238
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    I just realized that I have not been posting my daily steps, so here is for the Month of August up until yesterday, since the day isn't over today 😎

August 1: 7,091
    August 2: 8,858
    August 3: 6,920
    August 4: 5,041
    August 5: 6,430
    August 6: 10,882
    August 7: 16,901
    August 8: 7,376
    August 9: 7,425
    August 10: 4,025
    August 11: 5,934
    August 12: 10,101
    August 13: 6,238

Awesome steps ...well done Jen :)
  • jenmurphy3
    jenmurphy3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ratdon3hylbq.jpeg

What triggers are in your environment that sabotage your eating and exercise? What do you do to overcome these triggers?

Wonderful question! Where do I even start? Getting my exercise done is no problem; it's what I do when I first wake up. If I don't get it done at that time, it is a battle to get it done later because the stresses of the day make me unmotivated. But when I get it done, I feel amazing! As for food, I seriously have not figured out my triggers. I know when I crave something I will start to eat everything under the sun trying to find that taste that I'm looking for, which is NOT good. I love to bake, so I will eat my products. I have been trying to figure out that sweet spot so that I can have a good balance of all foods without feeling deprived. I don't want to NOT have that glass of wine🍷, preferably white or Rosé; I still want to be able to eat lovely treats 🧁🍟🍕🍩🍪. I KNOW it is all possible it's just finding that balance. So my triggers are my cravings and I need to build a strong willpower to eat sweet treats in moderation and not eating the whole bag and want more.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in

lindamtuck
    Friday
    PW 202.8
    CW 200.8
    LTD 62 pounds

Daily goals

Boy Howdy!! Can I ever identify with late night snacks and binge eating. Last week was a nightmare. I am a night owl and stay up until 1-2am as a rule. It's not possible for me to eat supper between 6 & 7 and not have a late night snack. I think I've managed to do so a couple of times. But, I find if I don't have a snack I then more easily start binge eating. So, I've been "planning" a snack so I have the calories available. A sweet snack isn't a problem; I usually have fruit on hand that will satisfy that. The salty/crunchy snack is much harder to satisfy; right now, I use popcorn or pretzels. I'm trying to find "healthier" popcorn/pretzels that also taste good but not having a lot of luck. I do know that the craving for a late night snack is real for me and ignoring it only leads to binging. Maybe down the road it'll be easier to control.

Keeping fingers crossed for your no late night snacking goal!! Good Luck!!
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I've overdue! I had a bit of a stomach bug for the past few days although I seem to feel better today. Kind of held steady this week but after going back up to 210 over the weekend, I'm glad to be back to where I was.

Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    PW: 207.4
    CW: 207.2
    LTD: 24.6
This discussion has been closed.