Exercise: None
    Water:✅
    Steps: 3,957

lindamtuck
    Friday
    PW 202.8
    CW 200.8
    LTD 62 pounds

I am truly shocked that I pulled off a loss this week. Yesterday my weight was sitting at 204.6 pounds. As you all know I have been struggling with late night eating/binge eating. I am going to start taking this problem one day at a time. I know the stress is causing the binges and I am going to be dealing with the stress for a few weeks. So I have to find away to deal with this besides eating. I need to spend sometime reviewing the materials I have here from by therapy for my binge eating disorder. I overcome this before and I can do it again. We all have the strength within us to overcome any obstacles set in front of us from obtaining our weight loss goals. We all got this!

Daily goals
    1. No late night snacking

Great Loss Linda ...... sorry you are struggling with late night eating ....and that you have to deal with stress for the next few weeks ........have you tried chewing sugarless gum ...or mints ....or brushing your teeth after a certain time? I wish you the very best and I hope you can find something that will help you ....hugs

I am really appreciative of the suggestions. I like the mint idea but I will have to find sugar free because of the diabetes. On the bright side, if this works I will have the freshest breath in town.

jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    ratdon3hylbq.jpeg

What triggers are in your environment that sabotage your eating and exercise? What do you do to overcome these triggers?

Wonderful question! Where do I even start? Getting my exercise done is no problem; it's what I do when I first wake up. If I don't get it done at that time, it is a battle to get it done later because the stresses of the day make me unmotivated. But when I get it done, I feel amazing! As for food, I seriously have not figured out my triggers. I know when I crave something I will start to eat everything under the sun trying to find that taste that I'm looking for, which is NOT good. I love to bake, so I will eat my products. I have been trying to figure out that sweet spot so that I can have a good balance of all foods without feeling deprived. I don't want to NOT have that glass of wine🍷, preferably white or Rosé; I still want to be able to eat lovely treats 🧁🍟🍕🍩🍪. I KNOW it is all possible it's just finding that balance. So my triggers are my cravings and I need to build a strong willpower to eat sweet treats in moderation and not eating the whole bag and want more.

It is hard finding that sweet spot. I do the same thing if I don’t satisfy a craving. I love potato chips and I could eat a family size bag every night no problem. Now I have a small bag every Friday night. I think knowing that I am going to have it helps my craving for chips.

missGYST wrote: »
    Sorry, I've overdue! I had a bit of a stomach bug for the past few days although I seem to feel better today. Kind of held steady this week but after going back up to 210 over the weekend, I'm glad to be back to where I was.

Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    PW: 207.4
    CW: 207.2
    LTD: 24.6

So sorry you haven’t been feeling well! I hope you continue to feel better. It is always a relief when our weight drops down after a spike.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: None
    Steps: 3,957

lindamtuck
    Friday
    PW 202.8
    CW 200.8
    LTD 62 pounds

I am truly shocked that I pulled off a loss this week. Yesterday my weight was sitting at 204.6 pounds. As you all know I have been struggling with late night eating/binge eating. I am going to start taking this problem one day at a time. I know the stress is causing the binges and I am going to be dealing with the stress for a few weeks. So I have to find away to deal with this besides eating. I need to spend sometime reviewing the materials I have here from by therapy for my binge eating disorder. I overcome this before and I can do it again. We all have the strength within us to overcome any obstacles set in front of us from obtaining our weight loss goals. We all got this!

Daily goals

Boy Howdy!! Can I ever identify with late night snacks and binge eating. Last week was a nightmare. I am a night owl and stay up until 1-2am as a rule. It's not possible for me to eat supper between 6 & 7 and not have a late night snack. I think I've managed to do so a couple of times. But, I find if I don't have a snack I then more easily start binge eating. So, I've been "planning" a snack so I have the calories available. A sweet snack isn't a problem; I usually have fruit on hand that will satisfy that. The salty/crunchy snack is much harder to satisfy; right now, I use popcorn or pretzels. I'm trying to find "healthier" popcorn/pretzels that also taste good but not having a lot of luck. I do know that the craving for a late night snack is real for me and ignoring it only leads to binging. Maybe down the road it'll be easier to control.

Keeping fingers crossed for your no late night snacking goal!! Good Luck!!

This got me thinking. Maybe I need to change up my snack I have in the evening. Maybe different combinations will prevent the later snacking/bingeing.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,495 Member
    Options
    I am really appreciative of the suggestions. I like the mint idea but I will have to find sugar free because of the diabetes. On the bright side, if this works I will have the freshest breath in town.

You are very welcome .... As you know I too am diabetic .... I buy the little York peppermint patties (sugar-free) @ the grocery store ... If you have a Costco/Sam's Club they sell sugar free Mentos ..if not nuts.com has sugar free candies :)
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Catching up on steps too although for Wednesday and Thursday I didn't move much because I wasn't feeling well.

August 11: 7,276
    August 12: 2,955
    August 13: 3,902
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post August 13
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 10513
    Water: 128oz

Two walks again, last night was absolutely beautiful during my walk. It's funny, I'm starting to see some of the same people out walking in the evening too. I'm a little late on my post today, it's shopping day and my mom and I have been out since 9:30 this morning.
  • pandygirl1
    pandygirl1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I won't be able to weigh-in the rest of August, my old scale just keeps showing "E" for error, when I try to use it. I don't know why it has new battery in it. I think it's just too old.

A new scale has been ordered, but it won't be here until after the 1st of September. So I'm out of the challenge.

Wish everyone the best.
  • pandygirl1
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018,
    I've only had the tracker a few days, but so far it's good. It's called
    My Online fitness tracker. They have videos on YouTube, that you can check out. Their a cheap tracker around $30 with charger. I've only had it a few days, so far so good, hopefully, it will continue to work because I like using.
  • pandygirl1
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018,
    I found a scale I can use but not in time for my weigh-in tomorrow. Can you use my weight from last week as my weight for tomorrow. I'll be able to weigh-in the rest of the month, I would like to stay in this challenge.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    August 14: 5, 407 steps.

Light day today. Went and discussed nutrition with my trainer today. The only recommendation was to increase my protein. So that will be implemented starting tomorrow. Shark week starts today (sorry guys!) and I feel sooooo bloated so I am not looking forward to weigh-ins tomorrow. I am also super tired so hopefully, I get some decent sleep and can get to the gym in the morning tomorrow.
  • inky92
    inky92 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Username Inky92
    Weigh In Day Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 194
    CW (Current Weight): 194

Total loss to date: 40lb

So the 1lb I lost last week is back on this week. Expected it, and to be honest, enjoyed it :smiley: it was my birthday and I just went with it, had a few drinks and some meals out with friends and family. Made a few healthy choices where I felt like it (local pub shows calorie counts) but mostly just ate how I wanted.

I'm going back on track this week, I have some spicy salmon to make for tea tonight, and some extra veggies to bulk out my plates (I'm liking tenderstem brocolli at the moment, as well as market fresh tomatoes). I did get a few more steps in last week which I'm gonna try beat this week!
    I hope you all have a good week!
  • FormerlyFit48
    FormerlyFit48 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    FormerlyFit48
    Last weight 224.6
    Current weight 224.2
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post August 13
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 10513
    Water: 128oz

Two walks again, last night was absolutely beautiful during my walk. It's funny, I'm starting to see some of the same people out walking in the evening too. I'm a little late on my post today, it's shopping day and my mom and I have been out since 9:30 this morning.

Great job on your steps today! I hope you had a nice day with your Mom.

pandygirl1 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018,
    I found a scale I can use but not in time for my weigh-in tomorrow. Can you use my weight from last week as my weight for tomorrow. I'll be able to weigh-in the rest of the month, I would like to stay in this challenge.

I will carry your weight over from last week. I sent you a message this morning about this before I came in here, so disregard. I am glad you are able to still participate.

draby2011 wrote: »
    August 14: 5, 407 steps.

Light day today. Went and discussed nutrition with my trainer today. The only recommendation was to increase my protein. So that will be implemented starting tomorrow. Shark week starts today (sorry guys!) and I feel sooooo bloated so I am not looking forward to weigh-ins tomorrow. I am also super tired so hopefully, I get some decent sleep and can get to the gym in the morning tomorrow.

One of the few advantages of being menopausal is not having shark week. Sounds like you are doing really well at the gym and your nutrition is good also.

inky92 wrote: »
    Username Inky92
    Weigh In Day Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 194
    CW (Current Weight): 194

Total loss to date: 40lb

So the 1lb I lost last week is back on this week. Expected it, and to be honest, enjoyed it :smiley: it was my birthday and I just went with it, had a few drinks and some meals out with friends and family. Made a few healthy choices where I felt like it (local pub shows calorie counts) but mostly just ate how I wanted.

I'm going back on track this week, I have some spicy salmon to make for tea tonight, and some extra veggies to bulk out my plates (I'm liking tenderstem brocolli at the moment, as well as market fresh tomatoes). I did get a few more steps in last week which I'm gonna try beat this week!
    I hope you all have a good week!

Happy belated birthday 🎂! Salmon is one of my favourite meals. My daughter is growing tomatoes so I have been stealing them from her garden.

FormerlyFit48
    Last weight 224.6
    Current weight 224.2

Great job on the loss!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday (late)

PW: 250.0
    CW: 253.0
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 14 minute walk
    Steps: 9,523

I am up early getting everything done as I am going grocery shopping shortly. I went to the pool yesterday with my granddaughter. It is the first time we went since it reopened. They only allowed people with memberships that do not live in the townhouse community to use theirs in the last few weeks. Unfortunately, they are only open 4 days a week and are offering no adult swims at this time. It is open Thursday to Sunday, so I am going to try and take them twice a week. I have a crazy busy day and I might not get a walk.

Have a fun weekend!

Daily goals
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday (late)

PW: 250.0
    CW: 253.0

Got it logged! I hope you are doing ok.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Username: Draby2011
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    Weigh-In Week: 2
    Starting Weight: 278 pounds
    Previous Weight: 246 pounds
    Current Weight: 241.2 pounds
    This Week's Loss: 4.8 pounds
    Loss to Date: 36.8 pounds

Happy with those results especially considering I'm SUPER bloated thanks to shark week, but next week I am sure to have some AMAZING results!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Saturday -- Weigh-In
    PW 294.8
    CW 291.4 - Loss 3.4

Yea!! Good Week! Didn't lose everything I gained ... but took off a good chunk!

Headed to the Farmer's Market this morning. Really enjoying all the fresh fruits and veggies that are out now. I made a beef roast a couple of nights ago and had leftovers yesterday. I think I'll make a pot of Veg Beef Soup today using the rest of my current veg supply and add a bit of new.

Hope Y'all have a great weekend! 👋

Steps -- 3000 each on Saturday and Sunday
    Monday 3000
    Tuesday 3000
    Wednesday 3000
    Thursday 3000
    Friday 3000
    Saturday 3000
  • pandygirl1
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018,
    Sorry, I saw your message before coming here. Again thank you.
This discussion has been closed.