How do you deal with boredom eating?

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    28Haveitall2020
    Weigh in day : Tuesday
    Pw: 239.2
    Cw: 238.6
    August is over this weekend it has been a U curve month😅. Ups ans downs.
    Congratulations to all who stuck to it this month and maintained or lost weight.
    And to all who gaines, guess what? It's not over today is still a day 1 to stop those habits impending progress.
    I pray this encourages someone today.
    Xxxx

Congrats on the loss! That is so true, it is always a day 1.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post August 25
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 9524
    Water: 128 oz

It feels good to be back on track. I was pretty hungry all day but I know that's just from eating like crap for the last week so I ignored it and followed the eating schedule I was previously used to. I heard a saying a little while back that I said to myself a couple times yesterday. 'Hunger is not an emergency' Went for a nice walk last night and it felt great. It seems like it got dark a little earlier than it had been though so I suppose sundown is gonna start getting earlier. Might have to try and find a different time to walk, it's just been so hot during the day lately though.

I need to put that on repeat in my head lately. I do IF but I have been so hungry in the mornings this week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    op62mibtrhb4.jpeg

Overdue weigh ins
    @dness1203
    @rhaaa
    @jenmurphy3
    @missGYST

Thursday’s weigh in
    @888Angie888

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 22 minute walk
    Water:✅
    Steps: 6,112
    DBF: 8

Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: none
    Water:✅
    Steps: 1,667
    DBF: 9

I don’t know what happened to the check in I typed yesterday as I know I did post it but it is not to be found. I went slightly over on my calories yesterday. I was really hungry and I ended up about 150 calories over for the day. Had I got my steps in I would have had a Fitbit calorie adjustment to accommodate being extra hungry.

Daily goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes daily
    2. 9000 steps daily
    3. No late night snacking/binge eating
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,136 Member
    Options
    Two more new people for you, wonderful Downsizers! @azkunk and @TracyKlaft1 will be here soon. I know you will welcome them in your usual warm style :heart:
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post August 26
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 8886
    Water: 128 oz

Decided to go out walking last night even though it was late by the time I got the kids to bed. Don't really like walking in the dark, but it was a nice walk regardless. Ended up being 53 minutes.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Oh how nice it is to no longer be sick :) I still will not push my luck on working out so I have decided to give it another week or two ...... I just figured out that I do not need zoom to participate in this stupid child support court on Monday ...I do not want to video chat ... I do not want him seeing me or my daughter and I definitely do not want to see him so it will be audio only on my end
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Two more new people for you, wonderful Downsizers! @azkunk and @TracyKlaft1 will be here soon. I know you will welcome them in your usual warm style :heart:

Thank you for the add. My name is Andrea and I turned 49 in May. When the first day of May hit, I weighed myself for the first time since quarantine started and was shocked that the scale crept up to 207. That is my highest weight ever 😱 So, I decided then that I want to lose 50 lbs by my 50th birthday. I found a board dedicated to lose 50lbs and that has helped me stay focused. Through that board I met @Beka369 who told me about this wonderful group. I am super excited get started!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »

Thank you for the add. My name is Andrea and I turned 49 in May. When the first day of May hit, I weighed myself for the first time since quarantine started and was shocked that the scale crept up to 207. That is my highest weight ever 😱 So, I decided then that I want to lose 50 lbs by my 50th birthday. I found a board dedicated to lose 50lbs and that has helped me stay focused. Through that board I met @Beka369 who told me about this wonderful group. I am super excited get started!

Welcome to our amazing group ....I hope you love this group as much as I do .... Do not hesitate to ask questions we are here for you :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    w79rql8y4bfv.jpeg

I drink lemon water instead of grab food ....I am usually thirsty than hungry
  • azkunk
    Options
    QOTD: I jump on MFP and check the boards. It reminds me what I am trying to accomplish.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    w79rql8y4bfv.jpeg

I have an actual written list of things to do instead of eating.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    CW: 251.6
    PW: 253.0
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    CW: 251.6
    PW: 253.0

Great loss Angie ...Congrats :)
  • azkunk
    Options
    Welcome to our amazing group ....I hope you love this group as much as I do .... Do not hesitate to ask questions we are here for you :)

Thank you! Friday is my weigh-in day. Do I weigh-in tomorrow or is the weight that I provided my start weight?
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hey all, newbie here. I'm here for inspiration to drop the covid pounds I put on, in addition the the ones I already had. I'm looking forward to this challenge. :smile:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »

Thank you! Friday is my weigh-in day. Do I weigh-in tomorrow or is the weight that I provided my start weight?

You're welcome .....I would weigh in tomorrow then weigh in every Friday :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    onward1 wrote: »
    Hey all, newbie here. I'm here for inspiration to drop the covid pounds I put on, in addition the the ones I already had. I'm looking forward to this challenge. :smile:

Welcome to our awesome group ....I hope you will enjoy it here .... I am one of the motivators for this team so don't hesitate to ask any question ...we are here for you ...Wishing you the very best :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I got my new wifi scale today ... it is all set up ... I did step on it today after having a fully belly ...it looks like my old scale is off by 11+ lbs ....will actually know tomorrow morning when I have an empty tummy :p
This discussion has been closed.