WaistAways Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Good stepping day here. Over 10,000 steps today. But boy oh boy this evening it sure was hot and the air was as think as pea soup. Not sure if it’s the air pressure changes from the hurricane making its way north or what.

I have not been logging either. First time, purposely doing it. I need a break from it. It will be tricky I’m sure like Kristi @conleywoods said. We’ll see how it goes. I don’t feel out of control. Trying to be mindful and intuitive about my eating.

Great loss @happimess01 Way to go!!

Til tomorrow...
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Steps:
    Sun 8/23 4,880
    Mon 8/24 6,500
    Tues 8/25 7,200
    Wed 8/26 5,000
    Thur 8/27 4,300
    I cooked up a storm today in order to feel in better control of my intake. I think it helped. It also helped that I had some time to myself to do that. It's good when my spouse has work away from the house so I can get to some of my things.
    Making menus for a few days up to a week is the next step. I don't like feeling stuck with which day we eat what but, I do like planning the "rainbows" and food groups!
    It seems like my yearly school's-in-session "thing".
    @FatSlayer1016 It's good for me to hear your process of slowing down the "got. to. eat. all. feelings" train. It can be so easy to dive in and do what I've always done expecting new and improved results! It's insane, I know. When I'm not on that train I remember that food is only good for one thing - satisfying hunger. Automatic pilot is where my problems hang out to trip me up...that place where I, too, zip to the freezer or fridge for that "quick fix" for my anxious inner child. Delaying reactions is another thing for me to remember and put into action so I don't have the scale thumb its' nose at me next week the way it did *this* week!
    OK. So, tomorrow is another day.
    Time to get some sleep so I can be up and Eve (rather than "up and Adam" - haha) and get a walk in before my errands keep me sitting for too many hours.
    Happy almost-end of the month, y'all!
    Yowza...time has no respect for mere mortals!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Go ahead and post in kg if you like, but I will enter them in pounds in our spreadsheet - just so everyone is on the same units.

If it's not too much trouble, can I weight in kg too old? My brain works in kg (I only moved to the UK as an adult) and every Friday I need to open the spreadsheet to find my previous weight, do the conversion etc. I do it all on my phone so it gets a bit tedious. Thanks!!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in (still in lbs ;) )
    SW: 212
    PW: 192.2
    CW: 194.2

I knew this was coming and I only have myself to blame. I haven't started eating well since coming back from holiday. I was waiting for blood test results to see if I needed to change my thyroid medication, it came back as normal this morning. Brains are funny things. Somewhere in there, I was thinking 'it's my thyroid, not my diet' but I know of course, what I was eating! So while waiting for the result, I just let go completely. Funny how I always find excuses (currently thinking, I can't start before the kids go back to school)
    There are always so many excuses! If I don't stop finding reasons, I'll never lose a gram.
    So, onwards and upwards (and ignore the leftover homemade pizza in the fridge;) )
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods For sure decision fatigue is a real thing. I always start the day well with a pretty healthy breakfast. It's after lunch when I start to struggle, with all of the other demands of the day! It's a great idea to prep snacks in advance I think! :)

@FatSlayer1016 Sorry to hear you had a rough day... but what an amazing thing that it somehow resulted in you feeling in control. I had a similar moment about a week ago. When I normally would have headed to the drive thru (I have a bit of a Maccy D's problem!) but I dealt with feelings in a healthier way. Go us!
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a bit of a calorie blow out in the studio with some friends. Even though I had prepped for it by having a light lunch, the calories ended up adding up to more than I expected.

It made me think about mindless eating and how it can all just add up so quickly. A stuffed veggie pitta bread, some doritos and dip, a couple of the delicious biscuits my friend had baked, a glass of wine - quickly added up to over 1000 calories!

However, I don't want to feel bad about it or deny myself, because every time I log it increases my awareness. I could have just not had the wine, or skipped a biscuit (I had two) and I would have been closer to my calorie limit.

Going to try and hit the gym today although I had a very bad night's sleep so will see how I feel after work!
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @SMcFall0215
    WID- Friday
    PW- 154.8
    CW-154.8
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you, I just got up from reading your posts and went through to prep my mid morning oatmeal and lunchtime salad. I need to get through 'birthday week' upcoming, Dad 91 and Mum 80 the next day. Have bought all 23 tickets for the single screen old theater in town for a matinee on Wednesday for my movie loving mum and only her friends(prob. about 10 or so) "David Copperfield". A surprise. Winging it for any cakes, balloons, small gatherings around that. My siblings seem happy to let me organize it all (have I conditioned them? a bit frustrating to not hear 'what can I do?'). I will delegate when and where I can.
    The mindless eating....stress eating...reaching for that bag of potato chips or cookies until they're gone...knowing as I do it that is NOT what got me to where I'm at but doing it anyhow. I will hit the reset button FIRMLY at the end of next week AND I have organized for myself to get away for 2 days again which was so good the last time. There won't be so many opportunities through the winter.
    I've been talking about the Winter with some people and how it's going to be quite trying especially for people who live alone. Even with other people it's hard, cabin fever! My mother's been doing a Zoom trivia weekly with her brother in Scotland and their group. She really looks forward to it and we've considered starting one with some other folks around here...although with Zoom it doesn't really matter does it?...just time zones. SO as I'm writing this, I thought, it may just be a fun thing for anyone in Waistaways to try one Zoom trivia midwinter and it could be all about healthy stuff/knowledge, etc.... ;)
    Even if I feel overwhelmed with so many things to take care of, I do enjoy organizing and planning for fun things...on the list is having 3-4 evenings of small group Oktoberfest in the garden - music, string lights, beer, rainbarrels turned upside down for stand up tables spaced apart, bratwurst, etc...oh, and maybe Oktoberfest trivia. I joked with my mum about the limbo but she thinks we might not have too many contenders...we're all getting older, hah!
    Anyhow, I am NOT going to hit a 'DONE' button, or scroll around anywhere else in this group, or I'll lose this all and I've learned too how incredibly frustrating that is.
    Have a great day!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @jugar I am going to have to weigh in tomorrow. Last Friday, my scale was really wonky. I realized there was a hair tie under it. I stepped on the scale and the number was pretty high. If I weigh in today, I will be posting a 5 lb gain. That may be accurate and the last few weeks have been off due to the hair tie. This month has been rough, but not that rough. This week has been good. My pants fit fine. I am going to change the batteries and have someone else in my family check their weight. If I am still up 5 lbs tomorrow, then that is my new weight. It has been up all week so if it's not the batteries, it's right .
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY !

I am so glad it's friday, I only have to work till noon, then I'm off till Tuesday. It's my Birthday weekend - I turn 49 on Monday... eeek.. We are having a small get together on Sunday, so I am making my own cake... The hubby was going to order one, but I like mine best of all and it would have to be special order, it's a Banana/walnut spice cake with Lemon cream cheese icing... I know sounds weird, but it's soooo yummy... You can do apple too (I use chunky applesauce), but hubby has some ripe bananas that he won't eat, so I will use them...

We were supposed to go camping this weekend, just the hubby and I and the kayaks, to this cool park that has miles and miles of water trails.. BUT with the remnants of Laura, we decided why spend a day being stuck in a tent with thunderstorms for a day and a half, so I canceled it.

Anywho, I am thinking today is my last day off, tomorrow I am back on my exercise plan, the back feels much better, my feet feel good, I am ready !

Have a great day !
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    PW - 323.3

CW - 319.4

WOW! That is really close to 10 pounds gone this month! WTG :heart:

Thank you😊
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Hey all! Good stepping day here. Over 10,000 steps today. But boy oh boy this evening it sure was hot and the air was as think as pea soup. Not sure if it’s the air pressure changes from the hurricane making its way north or what.

I have not been logging either. First time, purposely doing it. I need a break from it. It will be tricky I’m sure like Kristi @conleywoods said. We’ll see how it goes. I don’t feel out of control. Trying to be mindful and intuitive about my eating.

Great loss @happimess01 Way to go!!

Til tomorrow...

thank you :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

I am having a good chuckle over the hair tie under the scale. Who knew that hair ties were powerful enough to take 5 pounds away in an instant?? Hope the new batteries help counter the hair tie effect, @KellyBgetsfit :heart:

And the dreaded DONE button. What were they thinking? And why is is STILL there? Everyone should complain. I got caught by it a couple of times (always after carefully writing something long) and have never used the mobile version of the groups and forums ever again. I just wait until I can get on my laptop. But if you make "Never Done" your new mantra, @FatSlayer1016 , maybe it will work! I'm glad to hear that our voices and eyes are already in your head :wink:
    h00d2ka7c9c3.png

@pearl4686 and anyone else in the real world - feel free to use kg in your weigh-in. I don't mind at all! I have my calculator on speed dial. Just not stones though, ok? :grimace: It's hilarious in Canada, we still use pounds, feet, and inches for body measurements a lot, but temperature, distance, etc. are all metric. Some carpenters stick with inches for some reason, but my kids are lost as soon as they hear the "old" system. Maybe someday the whole world will get it together, but I'm not holding my breath.

@eggfreak I love the idea of a trivia zoom. We are kind of scattered all over time zones, though - we'll have a good think on it as a group. I'll lose for sure. I'm useless on many trivia categories! Right now, though - get out there and delegate! Don't let the sibs assume that you "want" to take care of everything. Enjoy the parties if you can!

Happy almost birthday @Gidgitgoescrazy . You make that cake and enjoy it!
  • BaileyCat88
    BaileyCat88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @jugar Friday Weigh-in:
    PW: 176
    CW: 175.2

Yay. The scale budged! I'm back at work long days and haven't checked in recently. But thanks to all for providing support for my health reboot since August 1st. I really upped my walking steps this month, cut out some nasty snacking, and started forming some good habits. My first month wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Total loss 1.8 lbs. Baby steps. Take care, all.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    My doctor and I had the dumbest argument yesterday about my stomach issues but I think there's a chance he actually heard and listened AND understood this time. I didn't yell but I definitely got louder.

The bad news is I need an ultrasound and it'll be months because pregnancy gets priority always. The other bad news is that the other test I need is just, so disgusting.

But maybe the culmination of the bad news will be good news.

Also this was the first appointment in a decade where I heard my blood pressure was very good, rather than a little high. :smile:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Grrrrrr! I just wrote a post. Tried to add a photo. It didn’t work Andy my post was gone. The app really annoys me.
  • jugar
    Options
    Get ready to welcome Kay -- aka @Kali225

She just requested us because one of her friends is here - thanks! It's great when our friends join in.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
  • jugar
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

As usual, start off until Sunday just doing introductions, plans for the month, what you're going to hold yourself accountable on, etc. Weigh-ins and general chit-chat stay here until Sunday morning. Thanks!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Wow! Looks like I fell off the Accountability Cliff - so sorry!

19th August
    Steps - 2387
    Exercise - 0 mins (Rest Day)

20th August
    Steps - 3783
    Exercise - 40 mins Upper body HIIT workout

21st August
    Steps - 3318
    Exercise - 37 mins Tabata & booty workout

22nd August
    Steps - 4242
    Exercise - 41 mins Total Body HIIT workout