Replies

• TracyKlaft1
    TracyKlaft1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    User Name TracyKlaft1
    Weigh in day Tuesdays
    Current weight 168
    Goal weight 145

Hello! My name is Tracy and this is my first time joing the F2F challenge. I have been a yo yo dieter for years but I have really gained since Covid started. I'm hoping this contest will get me back on track.

I would really like to commit to a higher protein diet because of my carb cravings. I enjoy zumba and drumming but both classes have been canceled for now. I have been walking a lot and plan to include some strength training.

I'm very excited about this challenge and so glad I found a group to help me get back to being healthy!😀
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Checking in as a Sept newbie to record my start weight. Too bad it doesn't count because it was a good one for me with almost 2lbs lost last week. My first mini-goal of 197 is in sight!

Username: azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 200
    CW (Current Weight): 198.1
    LTD (Loss to Date): 8.9
  • azkunk
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 28 minute walk
    Water:✅
    Steps: 5,744
    DBF: 10

Stupid question ... what is DBF?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    User Name TracyKlaft1
    Weigh in day Tuesdays
    Current weight 168
    Goal weight 145

Hello! My name is Tracy and this is my first time joing the F2F challenge. I have been a yo yo dieter for years but I have really gained since Covid started. I'm hoping this contest will get me back on track.

I would really like to commit to a higher protein diet because of my carb cravings. I enjoy zumba and drumming but both classes have been canceled for now. I have been walking a lot and plan to include some strength training.

I'm very excited about this challenge and so glad I found a group to help me get back to being healthy!😀

Welcome to the team! We have a few members who are trying to lose those COVID pounds. I hope this group gives you both accountability and support. I know @mari_moulin enjoys Zumba too. She is our other captain. Is drumming the same as pound classes? I have done the pound classes before and it involves using drum sticks.

azkunk wrote: »
    Checking in as a Sept newbie to record my start weight. Too bad it doesn't count because it was a good one for me with almost 2lbs lost last week. My first mini-goal of 197 is in sight!

Username: azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 200
    CW (Current Weight): 198.1
    LTD (Loss to Date): 8.9

I will update your weight on the spreadsheet. Congrats on the loss and reaching onderland!
    azkunk wrote: »
    Thursday’s check in
    Exercise: 28 minute walk
    Steps: 5,744
    DBF: 10

Stupid question ... what is DBF?

I have binge eating disorder and I like to keep track of my days binge free (DBF). During part of July and August I was having trouble with binge eating at night so I have been working hard to get it under control.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,783 Member
    Options
    Megan_Smartiepants1970
    Weigh in Day: Fridays
    PW: 225:3 (Old Scale)
    TW: 230.2 (Old Scale)
    CW: 240.2 (New Scale)
    LTD: 29 lbs

Not sure how that is possible ...but I have some major work to do ....I need to tighten up on me weighing everything I put in my mouth .... I really need to get a grip on not eating so many pistachios ...yesterday I had 140g (in 2 sittings ) and it was over 700 calories ...I was not over on my calories but I think it is hindering my weight loss ..great for fat though on keto-ish/low carb
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
  • azkunk
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 somebody close to me also has this, so I know the struggle. You are doing great!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Megan_Smartiepants1970

Not sure how that is possible ...but I have some major work to do ....I need to tighten up on me weighing everything I put in my mouth .... I really need to get a grip on not eating so many pistachios ...yesterday I had 140g (in 2 sittings ) and it was over 700 calories ...I was not over on my calories but I think it is hindering my weight loss ..great for fat though on keto-ish/low carb

One other thing you may want to look at is your calorie goal. Have you changed it at all since you started losing weight? I know mine has changed a lot as I lose the weight.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post August 26
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 8886
    Water: 128 oz

Decided to go out walking last night even though it was late by the time I got the kids to bed. Don't really like walking in the dark, but it was a nice walk regardless. Ended up being 53 minutes.

Great job on meeting your goals. Are you able to do your walks in the morning? I think you said that heat has limited your walking times also. Thankfully the heat is going to end soon. I have lived in Ontario for 21 years now and this has been the hottest summer by far.

I could go for a walk in the morning if I took both my kids with me. I get some steps in that way but my son doesn't walk all that fast and stops all the time and is obsessed with a bridge we have in our neighborhood so once we get there we are there for awhile. He can really only handle 30 minutes of slow walking, he's 4. I like to go on walks with my kids, I just always need another walk by myself to get more steps in.
    Daily Post August 27
    Steps: 8257
    Water: 128 oz

Got out the door for my walk at 7pm so that was nice. Walked for an hour and it wasn't dark yet when I got done. Unfortunately my phone died towards the end of my walk so it stopped counting steps and my HR monitor stopped recording data since it's linked to my phone. Guess I need to make sure my phone is charged before I leave!

That makes sense with the kids. I love that your son is obsessed with the bridge. It reminds me of my son when he was that age but it was tractors and dump trucks. He is 33 now though. You are so consistent with meeting your goals. What is your trick to drinking so much water?

The reason he likes the bridge so much is because the sides are full of rocks and the local elementary school has a daycare that paints them and puts them back so it's interesting to see how they get painted and there are always new ones showing up to look at.

For the water, I fill up a gallon jug every morning and pour from it until it's gone, making sure it's gone before bed. Sometimes I like to drink corbonated flavored waters for something different so when they are gone I actually fill them back up with my jug water and then dump it out so that they count too.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Megan_Smartiepants1970

One other thing you may want to look at is your calorie goal. Have you changed it at all since you started losing weight? I know mine has changed a lot as I lose the weight.

Thanks .... I use a keto Tdee calculator which has the exercise already factored in so I put a 1 just to show I worked out ... I find it easier .... I re calculated it this morning
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    8/28 Steps: 8000 (I did aerobics today ) :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Exercise: none
    Steps: 2,584
    DBF: 0

Last night the binge monster got me. I just have to put it behind me and start a new streak today. I got this!

Wednesday was was 20th wedding anniversary. We are going out to dinner tonight for the family celebration. We are also all going to bowl. I don’t know how it happened but every year we have to have an anniversary celebration dinner with my granddaughters. Myself and my hubby will go out to have our celebration in a few weeks.

Hope your weekend is going well!

Daily goals
    1. No late night snacking/binge eating
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Friday’s check in

Last night the binge monster got me. I just have to put it behind me and start a new streak today. I got this!

Wednesday was was 20th wedding anniversary. We are going out to dinner tonight for the family celebration. We are also all going to bowl. I don’t know how it happened but every year we have to have an anniversary celebration dinner with my granddaughters. Myself and my hubby will go out to have our celebration in a few weeks.

Daily goals

Happy Anniversary!! ^
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Cesse - age 72 - Weigh-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 04/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    289.8 lbs - weighin on 07/25 -- loss = 3.4 lbs for month of July (18.8 lb Total Loss To Date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 08/01 -- gain = 1.4 lbs -- (17.4 lb total loss to date)
    294.8 lbs - weighin on 08/08 -- gain = 5.4 lbs -- (12.0 lb total loss to date)
    291.4 lbs - weighin on 08/15 -- loss = 3.4 lbs -- (15.4 lb total loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 08/22 -- loss = 0.2 lbs -- (15.6 lb total loss to date)
    289.4 lbs - weighin on 08/29 -- loss = 1.8 lbs -- (17.4 lb total loss to date)

August Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 6.2 lbs or 1.5/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

AUGUST GOALS ---
    (1) Log everything; Drink 10+ water; minimize sodium where possible
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps) 5 days each week / LOG
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter / LOG
    (4) Do stretches and Yoga 5 days each week / LOG
    (5) Stay within MFP daily goal; not exercise adjusted goal / LOG
    (6) Once each week, get out of the house and do something FUN

STEP CHALLENGE ---

08/22 - 08/29 -- 3000 each day

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Go to Farmer's Market
    Vacuum

Loss to date is the same as the beginning of the month. Had a large gain and was able to whittle it back off! I guess I should consider that a success. Mainly, I'm still here ... still fighting!! Prior years I'd have thrown in the towel and quit. But, not gonna do that ..... gonna keep plugging away, keep whittling away. As I said in my profile: I know how quitting feels ... I want to know what FINISHING feels like!!

So, we start a new month. A new chance to succeed. Good Luck Y'All 🌞
  • FormerlyFit48
    FormerlyFit48 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Formerlyfit48
    Last weight 224.2
    Current 224.1
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 226.8
    CW 223.4
    LTD 99.6 lbs
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    Daily Post August 28
    Steps: 11046
    Water: 128oz

I decided to see what I could do in the mornings to up my steps during the day versus only getting the majority of them on my nightly walk. I tried a walking video on YouTube. It was only 15 minutes, was suppose to be about a mile, and I did 1500 steps during it. It was a nice little boost to my steps. My kids sure thought it was funny too haha.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Friday’s check in

Daily goals

Happy Anniversary Linda ....Enjoy your family Celebration tonight :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Cesse - age 72 - Weigh-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 04/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    289.8 lbs - weighin on 07/25 -- loss = 3.4 lbs for month of July (18.8 lb Total Loss To Date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 08/01 -- gain = 1.4 lbs -- (17.4 lb total loss to date)
    294.8 lbs - weighin on 08/08 -- gain = 5.4 lbs -- (12.0 lb total loss to date)
    291.4 lbs - weighin on 08/15 -- loss = 3.4 lbs -- (15.4 lb total loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 08/22 -- loss = 0.2 lbs -- (15.6 lb total loss to date)
    289.4 lbs - weighin on 08/29 -- loss = 1.8 lbs -- (17.4 lb total loss to date)

August Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 6.2 lbs or 1.5/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

AUGUST GOALS ---
    (1) Log everything; Drink 10+ water; minimize sodium where possible
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps) 5 days each week / LOG
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter / LOG
    (4) Do stretches and Yoga 5 days each week / LOG
    (5) Stay within MFP daily goal; not exercise adjusted goal / LOG
    (6) Once each week, get out of the house and do something FUN

STEP CHALLENGE ---

08/22 - 08/29 -- 3000 each day

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Go to Farmer's Market
    Vacuum

Loss to date is the same as the beginning of the month. Had a large gain and was able to whittle it back off! I guess I should consider that a success. Mainly, I'm still here ... still fighting!! Prior years I'd have thrown in the towel and quit. But, not gonna do that ..... gonna keep plugging away, keep whittling away. As I said in my profile: I know how quitting feels ... I want to know what FINISHING feels like!!

So, we start a new month. A new chance to succeed. Good Luck Y'All 🌞

Great loss ...and great goals ...You got this :)
This discussion has been closed.