Weight No More - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    Welcome new members.

I'm Tracy from New Hampshire, 48, married 25 years 2 boys 25 and 23. I have 2 beautiful granddaughters 10 months and 6 months. I am an assistant director in childcare. I gain and lose the same couple of pounds forever and I am always hoping to make this month my month. I am having neck surgery in October which I am terrified about. I am going to be watching everything that goes into my mouth and trying to workout almost every day. I want to have a few pounds of by surgery time. I am looking into getting a new food scale , mine is really old, I would like a digital one. Does anyone have a good one they would reccomend? I also want new sneakers but I am waiting until I see the podiatrist at the end of September. I'm still working on the spin bike, that will take some convincing of my husband. My legs are really sore from trying to run yesterday and zumba today.

Goals for September
    I'll take any weight loss
    Drink more water
    Add more fruit and veggies in
    Get 10,000 steps 5 days a week
    Exercise 5 days
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Hi!
    I’be been using MFP for years to track calories. I haven’t been on the community much. I’m 42 and I have struggled with my weight since I hit puberty. When I was younger it didn’t take much for the pounds to fall off when I decided to try. Now it is a struggle sometimes. I don’t lose much weight by just staying under my calorie goals. I also have to cut carbs. This has recently been working well for me though.
    A little bit about myself. I have a 12 yo daughter. I work day shift and then she is always in sports. Sometimes 2 or 3 at a time. So we are busy and sometimes that makes meal planning tough. I’m currently redoing some things in my house as well.
    The least I have weighed as an adult is 160. I ate really healthy and on top of a full time very active job I ran 2 miles a day. I was losing weight to get married but life decided to throw me a curveball and I got pregnant instead. Not married, lol. My highest weight was 2 summers ago when I hit 268. At that point I was done and I started losing. I haven’t put a lot of effort in it in 2 years. I’ve just made better choices. I limited how much pop I drank. Now I’ve completely given up pop. And I think this challenge will help especially in those plateaus when you want to give up. It inspires me to see others succeeding. If they can do it, I can too. So good luck to everyone.
    CW: 222.4
    GW: 175

September goals:
    No sugary pop!!
    Continue to eat healthy/ low carb
    Stay under 1500 calories per day
    Get 12000 steps per day
    Lose 8 lbs by October 1
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 933 Member
    edited August 2020
    rdb10rncmkcb.jpg
    Welcome to September with Team Weight No More!

Hello everyone! I’m Theresa and I live in downtown Toronto, Canada. Together with @minstrelofsarcasm, I'm a co-captain here on TWNM.

About me
    I have two grown children. Elisabeth lives close by with her partner, Jake, in Toronto. And then there's Phil, who lives in a small town about an hour away with his wife, Katie, and two children. Pippa is 3 years old and Gilbert is 16 months. I have a little Havanese dog named Xavy.

I had a career as an advertising and publishing executive. I ran, cycled, and swam. Then one day, as my daughter says, just like Forrest Gump I stopped. This summer, I have been doing a variety of activities including HIIT over Zoom, cycling on my used Spin bike indoors or on my bicycle outdoors, Pilates in the park, pulling my grandchildren around the neighbourhood in their wagon, hoisting my grandson like a kettlebell from time to time, and walking Xavy every day.

My weight story
    As a child, I was an average weight, except this one time when my next-door neighbour's grandmother babysat and fed us too much. When my children were small, I was very slim, about 120 lbs, probably from chasing them around. In my forties when I was very busy and fit and was at my ideal weight, a toned 142 lbs. Three years ago, when my granddaughter was born, I saw myself in a photo and didn’t recognize this woman. I did look like a happy nana and I’m sure I was cozy and cushiony to hug, but I want to live to be a very old lady, hopefully over 100, and remain fit and active. Plus, even if I didn't want to live that long, women on both sides of my family have lived to be almost 100 for years.

I started to get serious about weight loss in January 2018. I weighed 177.4 lbs with a goal of a toned 142 lbs. It's been a long, slow process. I began by losing almost 30 pounds in the first year and plateaued for about a year. My mother was very frail and in need of support. Curiously, Covid has allowed my sister and me more time to focus on ourselves. So, I've been building muscle and figuring out how to break through my plateau. I think I'm getting somewhere. For me, it's a body composition effort right now.

The present
    For the past year, I've been working towards launching a start-up with a friend from my business days. It’s an online service where people can hire professional genealogists by the minute to get past brick walls with their family trees. We're working with test clients now if any of you are working on your family tree and have a brick wall, let me know and I'll comp you a session.

My September goals
    • Work out 5 days a week as follows:
    • 3 X weight training with my Bootcamp trainer virtually
    • 1 - 2 X Cardio, e.g. Spin/outdoor cycling/HIIT
    • 1 X Pilates session per week/two weeks
    • Figure out the perfect calorie level, which I'm told may be higher than I think to get to goal or slightly below in order to build back up to goal weight with more muscle tone.

My words for 2020, and this is a reminder to myself, are Balance and Listen.

Please share your September goals and re-introduce yourself to the team. This will help @sf8813 @mainebeachbum @long_for_me and @kandi3570 get to know you more quickly. Plus it’s always nice to reacquaint amongst ourselves. Everyone loves personal stories. If you’re comfortable sharing your first name, please do.

• 1theresamcvean
    @Freeglerock @ljdanny and @Cafelelia I am quite inspired by you to run again. I'm not saying I'll be a runner, just that I'll run to experience the exhilaration. That said, I think I'll attempt it on a trail. A nice, soft, ravine forest trail. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Melzz19
    Melzz19 Posts: 39 Member
    About me
    I’m Melz and I live in small town North Dakota. I’m a line locator for the oilfield so I flag pipelines and well sites whenever some one needs to dig either building locations or putting in pipelines. I love what I do. Some days I’m walking 9 miles through fields and hills other days I’m driving 300 and everyday is a different adventure.

I recently got engaged in July to my boyfriend of four years. This kicked started my weight loss I’ve always been on the heavier side but I was losing weight like crazy about two years ago. Then went back to my bad eating habits. I’m an active person and because of my job I can walk forever but I make excuses for my bad eating habits and it’s time for a change.

I spend my free time on jet skis or snowmobiles, hunting camping hiking and basically anything outdoors.

So proud of myself for the loss last month and looking to do that again this month.😊

Goals for September
    log food every day
    Check in to this group once a day
    Work out 3x per week
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 416 Member
    step total for August 30 20,031

• lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    @mainebeachbum any clue what part of Czechoslovakia? I was born there in 1986 and lived there (Slovakia) for 25years. I currently live in the usa though
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    @debbiewsharpe I use ZERO fasting app. Yes, sleep time counts towards fasting. Search on YouTube Dr Berg intermittent fasting, he has a lot of short videos
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    08/30 steps 4305
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,455 Member
    Check in for Sunday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-80 oz
    Exercise-Bike 40 min, kayak 45 min, walked 30 min and PT

Great day yesterday. In fact, I had a great week. I got my kitten in gear (I just will say it since they will switch it to kitten anyway) I have been consistent with planning, logging, 14 hour IF, exercise, water and sleep. I am striving to make a healthy routine and stick with it. Consistency is my problem.

I am heading out to go Geocaching with a friend. We have been trying to do this all summer. It is a beautiful day again, no humidity so it will be a perfect day to do it. We are going to lunch too but I already planned ahead and know what I am getting. She is a little more optimistic than I am, we are going to Cape May and I would be surprised if we get a seat. If we end up grabbing food at WaWa I also have a plan for that Lol! It should be a nice day. I plan to bike and kayak later.

Hope everyone has a nice end to August! I don't know where the summer went! (Wish the time we were quarantined went as quickly ;)

Congratulations Team Weight No More! Winners for August! I wish I could take some credit for that but August wasn't the best for me. I couldn't be prouder of you all and our big losers who are really winners! I am also proud of everyone regardless if you gained or lost. You are still here and trying. Let's have an awesome September!

Welcome @long_for_meand and @kandi3570!

@Cafelelia Awesome goals for September. I especially like the closet cleanout. I think that is a big NSV to be in the position to go through your clothes and get rid of the clothes that are too big! Soon you will be at goal and have a new wardrobe!
    @twyla77 Nice job maintaining! Hope all is well.
    @ljdanny Love your goals for September!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Nice loss! Good luck at your appointment today
    @kandi3570 Welcome! I think you are going to be a great addition to our team! I look forward to getting to know you. Great goals for September too. :)
    @KUMEcyclingteam What?! No cheerleading costume?! Are you sure it wasn't hanging behind the super hero costume? ;) Lol! Glad to see you are back, we missed you!
    @1theresamcvean Nice goals for September!
    @mainebeachbum I think our team is going to be a great fit for you. I am happy you are here. Great goals for September too! Nice loss too!
    @Melzz19 You should be proud! What a great month! I think September is going to be just as successful for you.
    @KristieJC Hope all is going well
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    sleepymom5 wrote: »

Since I caught up last night with everything, I am keeping this short. I am getting out to enjoy this beautiful weather today. I have a friend who is coming to dinner this evening so I am going to attempt to make Pesto chicken bruschetta . Those who have been on this team already know that cooking is not my thing Lol! I am already trying to figure out if I can just use jarred Pesto instead of making that part of the recipe. :D I will let you know how it turns out.

@minstrelofsarcasm It didn't hit me until I read your introduction that you were just diagnosed with MS in December. Wow! You are amazing! You are so active and healthy. I would have had a pity party for a while which obviously doesn't change things. I need to go read that blog!

I need an update on that bruschetta!

A pity party? Oh, I most definitely had one of those. It lasted for a good couple weeks, but then I ran out of Oreos and I noticed that people were getting bored whenever I complained... so I had to stop and reevaluate. I think some of my pity party even made it onto my blog, unless I was smart and found a way to censor myself (found it!). I know that I talked myself down from my pity party here and came to terms with what was going on here. It's been a journey, but I've been through hard things before, and I'll go through them again. Just pretending to be the person I want to be until someday that just becomes who I am.
    twyla77 wrote: »

Hi! I’m sorry I missed last weeks weigh-in!

Happens to the best of us! We're glad you're back on it with us!
    sleepymom5 wrote: »

I am heading out to go Geocaching with a friend. We have been trying to do this all summer. It is a beautiful day again, no humidity so it will be a perfect day to do it. We are going to lunch too but I already planned ahead and know what I am getting. She is a little more optimistic than I am, we are going to Cape May and I would be surprised if we get a seat. If we end up grabbing food at WaWa I also have a plan for that Lol! It should be a nice day. I plan to bike and kayak later.

I always forget to do the research ahead of time for when I go to restaurants, so I'm impressed that you did it for two! How was your food? How did everything go?
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Sunday check in
    I had a great day yesterday. Was on plan, did IF, some walking & got together an exercise plan for the month. I took August off from counting & measuring. I feel rested and it feels good getting back into it. My boys and I have been cleaning their rooms & organized their school supplies, so they are ready for school year. I continued my closet edit. It is time consuming as I am trying everything on, but it is a nice project and feels like a really good NSV. The weather is breaking here in Toronto, and it is my favorite time of year. Very warm during the day and cooler at night. It is hay fever season which is not good for me, but my allergies seemed to have lessened in recent years.

Hurray team, we came in first in the August challenge!

@minstrelofsarcasm - I literally lol’d (and choked on my coffee) when I read your line “I ran out of Oreos”. Only you could make me laugh about dealing with an MS diagnosis. You are awesome!

@KUMEcyclingteam - Welcome back! As you are the only guy on the team, I thought that you shaved your legs to fit in!

• 1theresamcvean
    Happy Monday, everyone!
    zns0cql62dsl.jpg
    You've got this!
This discussion has been closed.