Downsizers - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    Think I missed the part about this challenge actually starting on August 30th... so I am behind already! Not a good way to start this..
    Is this a proper way to do daily logins? but with the weigh ins only being on Mondays?
    Do I need to do a separate login for steps challenge?

Scorpiogirl70
    Weigh in Day is Monday
    PW: 215
    CW: 214
    LTD: 1 lbs
    Treadmill 1 mile --- no
    Water (128 oz) -- no (40 oz)
    Workout 3x week -- 0 so far
    2000 steps -- 2103 steps today
    Logged all food/drink -- yes

You are doing it correctly .....For the step challenge what I do is date: Steps and how many ....You can either do it here daily or weekly ...I do it daily
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    Well, the past three days I have been WAY over my calories. The awesome thing is that I HAVE tracked everything!

Weight: 233.6
    Steps:
    August 28 - 9,438
    August 29 - 9,493
    August 30 - 7,488
    August 31 - 8,050

Water: 40oz (not good)

Goals: Progress NOT perfection! Keep workout, stay within my calories for the remainder of the week, get to 100 ounces of water

Great steps :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    Daily Post Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under (by 1! Lol)
    Exercise: Couple of walks
    Day: pretty good day. Walked in place for 15 min to get all my steps in
    Water: 11/10 cups
    Steps: 10,131

Well done @AmyG1982 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    8/31 Steps: 9004
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello Downsizers and welcome to this new month .
    Welcome to all the new members. You can call me Nina and I am from the U.k

Username: 28Haveitall
    Pw: 238.6
    Cw: 236.6
    Have a great day all🙏
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    r858gira4va2.jpeg

AUGUST WEEK 4 STEP RESULTS
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 380,667 STEPS
    (previous week was 393,389)

TOP 3 STEPPERS

@mari_moulin - 92,248 steps
    @marigorringo - 59,985 steps
    @Tazaria87 - 59,682 steps

AUGUST STEP CHALLENGE GRAND FINALE!!!

AS A GROUP WE WALKED STEPS 1,908,821!! (previous month was 2,887,754)

TOP 3 STEPPERS

@mari_moulin - 399,513 steps
    @marigorringo - 299,775 steps
    @Tazaria87 - 222,259 steps

Well done everyone!! Let’s Keep those steps coming in SEPTEMBER!!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    pvj3c0fidt0i.jpeg

First of all welcome to all of our new challengers and welcome back to all our continuing mates! I would like to apologize for my absence this past month. With our house move, guests, and back to school things have become quite overwhelming for me so I was unable to come in and participate. I have a surgery coming up in a few weeks plus my recovery time to add on top of that so I have asked @Megan_smartiepants1970 to please take over for me for the next couple of months. She will be co-captain with @lindamtuck2018 and taking over the step challenge.

I will continue on checking in with my steps and weight during the next couple of months but I won’t be doing so as captain. Thank you all for always being there for me especially during my hard times.

Thank you Mari, you've been an incredible motivator and I wish you the best for these upcoming difficult times and may you have all the love and support you need!
  • fictionreader91
    fictionreader91 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I was meant to do my weigh in on Sunday, but my scales have given up the ghost! I will try to get it done by Saturday.

However, steps for yesterday was 19,175
    I was below my calories yesterday as well
    Is this all I need to post regarding an update?
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Monday
    Under for calories
    good on water
    and overall good day. I wonder how many calories are burned stacking firewood, I've got enough in the shed for the next two winters now, thanks to having extra time due to this covid thing.

Also to @Marigorringo, I'm lovin your hair! :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Daily Post August 31
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Exercise Yes
    Steps 9546
    Water 128oz
    Weight lifting- My mother in law ended up coming over for quite a while so I didn't lift. I did work on writing out a routine at night before bed, will finish today.
    Decluttering- Hung my son's new bookshelf in his room, still need to fill it

With my mother in law over into the late evening, I didn't get outside for my walk before dark. Decided to hop on our treadmill and just walk until I hit my step goal vs for a certain time. Ended up walking for 53 minutes. The treadmill is so much more boring than outside though haha
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    As my life is a bit complicated right now I decided to lower my expectations for September.
    My challenges are:
    1) Eat 5 healthy meals.
    2) Eat 1600 calories (or try at least more than 1200)
    3) Do 8.000 steps. My Samsung Galaxy Fit broke and I keep forgetting to wear my phone with me to count the steps.
    4) Do something creative, fun, for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week.
    5) Try to talk to myself as I would talk to someone else, with good words, positive and motivating myself.

I love goal number 5. It is so important for us to be kind to ourselves.

azkunk wrote: »
    nj8sp3foj7jf.jpeg

What is your favourite way to exercise?

I really am not a fan of working out. So, things that don’t feel like exercise like hiking and bike riding when the weather isn’t a million degrees.

Hiking and biking are definitely exercise. I think that is one of the reasons I like walking. Put my headphones on and go. It is actually relaxing at times.
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check in for Sunday, 8/30

Steps: 8987
    Calories: under
    Water: 102 oz
    Exercise: 1 mile walk & 70 modified push-ups

I don’t think I will make my steps today. I just came back from a 5.6 trail bike ride with 115’ gain in elevation and I am beat.

Great job on the bike ride. That sounds like a hard ride.

Think I missed the part about this challenge actually starting on August 30th... so I am behind already! Not a good way to start this..
    Is this a proper way to do daily logins? but with the weigh ins only being on Mondays?
    Do I need to do a separate login for steps challenge?

Scorpiogirl70
    Weigh in Day is Monday
    PW: 215
    CW: 214
    LTD: 1 lbs
    Treadmill 1 mile --- no
    Water (128 oz) -- no (40 oz)
    Workout 3x week -- 0 so far
    2000 steps -- 2103 steps today
    Logged all food/drink -- yes

Awesome loss! That is great the way you posted your weight. You can put the steps in the same post.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    Well, the past three days I have been WAY over my calories. The awesome thing is that I HAVE tracked everything!

Weight: 233.6
    Steps:
    August 28 - 9,438
    August 29 - 9,493
    August 30 - 7,488
    August 31 - 8,050

Water: 40oz (not good)

Goals: Progress NOT perfection! Keep workout, stay within my calories for the remainder of the week, get to 100 ounces of water

Great loss this week! I love that: Progress not perfection. It’s my new motto.

AmyG1982 wrote: »
    Daily Post Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under (by 1! Lol)
    Exercise: Couple of walks
    Day: pretty good day. Walked in place for 15 min to get all my steps in
    Water: 11/10 cups
    Steps: 10,131

Great job on meeting your goals. There is nothing worse than syncing my Fitbit in the morning and seeing I could have hit my step goal had I walked for another 10 minutes.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Gooood Morning Everyone .... Happy 1st of September ....I am soo looking forward to stepping up my game now that I am pain free YAY !!! I hope everyone has a great month and I look forward to being the temporary Co Captain and helping Linda out while Mari is recovering from surgery :) Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hello Downsizers and welcome to this new month .
    Welcome to all the new members. You can call me Nina and I am from the U.k

Username: 28Haveitall
    Pw: 238.6
    Cw: 236.6
    Have a great day all🙏

Glad you are back for another month! Well done on your loss!

Hi guys, I was meant to do my weigh in on Sunday, but my scales have given up the ghost! I will try to get it done by Saturday.

However, steps for yesterday was 19,175
    I was below my calories yesterday as well
    Is this all I need to post regarding an update?

I can carry your starting weight over to this week. Then when you get a scales you can weigh in for this coming Sunday. Great steps! You can put whatever you would like in your update. A lot of us check in to report if we met our goals for the previous day. I put my calories( over or under), exercise, steps, water and my days binge free. I also put my goals for the day.
    onward1 wrote: »
    Daily post for Monday
    Under for calories
    good on water
    and overall good day. I wonder how many calories are burned stacking firewood, I've got enough in the shed for the next two winters now, thanks to having extra time due to this covid thing.

Also to @Marigorringo, I'm lovin your hair! :)

I googled it and depending on your weight a 90 minute session burns between 300 to 445 calories.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post August 31
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Exercise Yes
    Steps 9546
    Water 128oz
    Weight lifting- My mother in law ended up coming over for quite a while so I didn't lift. I did work on writing out a routine at night before bed, will finish today.
    Decluttering- Hung my son's new bookshelf in his room, still need to fill it

With my mother in law over into the late evening, I didn't get outside for my walk before dark. Decided to hop on our treadmill and just walk until I hit my step goal vs for a certain time. Ended up walking for 53 minutes. The treadmill is so much more boring than outside though haha

Nothing like getting out in nature for a walk. I notice the other evening how early it is getting dark now. It happened so fast.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    pvj3c0fidt0i.jpeg

First of all welcome to all of our new challengers and welcome back to all our continuing mates! I would like to apologize for my absence this past month. With our house move, guests, and back to school things have become quite overwhelming for me so I was unable to come in and participate. I have a surgery coming up in a few weeks plus my recovery time to add on top of that so I have asked @Megan_smartiepants1970 to please take over for me for the next couple of months. She will be co-captain with @lindamtuck2018 and taking over the step challenge.

I will continue on checking in with my steps and weight during the next couple of months but I won’t be doing so as captain. Thank you all for always being there for me especially during my hard times.

Mari I hope you have a speedy recovery. You have been a valuable member of this team. I will be looking forward to when you can return.

Megan thanks for stepping in to the position while Mari is away. I am so excited to have you as my co-captain.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ub39z8emn62a.jpeg

Overdue weigh ins
    @rhaaa

Monday’s weigh in
    @TracyKlaft1
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    pvj3c0fidt0i.jpeg

Mari I hope you have a speedy recovery. You have been a valuable member of this team. I will be looking forward to when you can return.

Megan thanks for stepping in to the position while Mari is away. I am so excited to have you as my co-captain.

You are so welcome thanks for letting me help you out ... I am excited to work with you and keeping this team AWESOME :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 58 minute walk total ( 2 walks)
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 9,809
    DBF: 3

Did my walk as soon as I got up this morning. It is rough doing anything before coffee. I have a telephone doctors appointment in 5 minutes so I am off.

Happy Tuesday!

Today’s goals
    1. No binge eating
    2. 30 minute walk ✅
    3. 8000 steps
    4. clean for 30 minutes
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    If you see an insightful marked on your weigh in post, I do that so I know I have entered it into the spreadsheet.
This discussion has been closed.