Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 3

Options

Replies

• 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Hi Kristy. Was trying to remember the name of an IF group I think you'd mentioned here...I could be wrong, but I accidentally deleted the group and now I can't find it. Let me know if you you know what group I mean and even actual name. Thanks.

It was a group here on MFP that I don’t think exists anymore. I can’t find it either.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Lesson learned:
    Don't push the river

After two months of incredible health and weight loss keto successes, I arbitrarily imposed a social deadline on myself that I clearly wasn't ready for; even though I thought it would be good for me and would motivate me.
    Wrong move. It took me less than one month to undo all that progress. Guess I wasn't really ready.
    Drat.

I still think it's time to be social again, but my strategy now is to let it happen spontaneously. As soon as I made that decision, I was able to stop carb binging and am getting back to the keto lifestyle.

Keeping calm as I keto on.
    Have a great day, fitness pals!
  • kajuae74
    kajuae74 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Looking for new Keto friends to keep me motivated.

First time on Keto and not really sure if I am doing the right thing.

Have a great day to all.
  • leanneellison1979
    leanneellison1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ive only been on keto a bit longer than a week. Ive never been this big in my whole life (237) even after having my 3 kids i wasnt this big after birth or even 9 months pregnant.
    My fibromyalgia has had a lot to do with the weight gain because i have not been as active. Plus i have a husband who is a feeder. Whenever he went the shop he came home with chocolate and sweets for me. He has still today offered my a scottish egg which is covered in bread crumbs.
    Its great to be excited, especially when you have done so well.
  • cayladebra
    cayladebra Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ive only been on keto a bit longer than a week. Ive never been this big in my whole life (237) even after having my 3 kids i wasnt this big after birth or even 9 months pregnant.
    My fibromyalgia has had a lot to do with the weight gain because i have not been as active. Plus i have a husband who is a feeder. Whenever he went the shop he came home with chocolate and sweets for me. He has still today offered my a scottish egg which is covered in bread crumbs.
    Its great to be excited, especially when you have done so well.

I have zero health reasons to stop me from being more active, but I too have never been this heavy (198). More power to you for trying. Food is a huge motivator for me, so I am trying keto for the first time. I'm on my first week now, 6 days in and am struggling to resist cravings. Here's to week 2! Full speed ahead.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @swall0810 ,I was 143 lb/ 65 kg.I lost only 22 lb/ 10 kg but that's a lot for my 5'1'' height.I waited 10 years to see 120.5 lb/ 54.8 kg again. My GW is 110 lb/50 kg.Good luck in losing weight everyone.🍀🌠🤞🏽
  • DBLDOCII
    DBLDOCII Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Are people checking in regularly bc it would really help!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    DBLDOCII wrote: »
    Are people checking in regularly bc it would really help!
    I’m back and really should start checking in more regularly.
  • elize7
    Options
    I'm back as well. Happy to see some action on this thread. Keto is my preferred woe for so many reasons, and I'm longing to get right with my mindset and actions. This long term lock down is making the challenge soooo hard. The big challenge for today is a rare and needed foray to the local food market. Wish me fortitude and freedom from unplanned food purchases!!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    I'm back as well. Happy to see some action on this thread. Keto is my preferred woe for so many reasons, and I'm longing to get right with my mindset and actions. This long term lock down is making the challenge soooo hard. The big challenge for today is a rare and needed foray to the local food market. Wish me fortitude and freedom from unplanned food purchases!!

Ugh! I need the same!
  • airbeat
    airbeat Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to find a keto group that's keeping up to date and posting regularly. Hopefully I've found it. I just started back on keto last week and am already down 9 lbs for this week ending Saturday. Water weight for sure but nice to see getting a start on it. Ok the details, I'm 71 and started at 288. Trying to get some time at the gym at least three times week. I'm currently at 279 and my goal is to lose 60 lbs to get to 228 where I will evaluate if I want to continue further loss. Keto has worked for me in the past but as so often happens maintenance can be the hardest part. They say your never down if you always get back up so here I am standing once more on the road to better health. I look forward to keeping up with the success stories and motivation here. MFP is a great place to be.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    @airbeat Way to go! I agree kcko is the best advice, just jump back in. Are you also in the Low Carber group here? It gets a few posts daily. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum
  • rwecker5782
    rwecker5782 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started actively using MFP as of 9/11/2020, and @airbeat, I too have been looking for LCHF group for seniors, more specifically one for post menopausal women. I don't think I'll go keto. Anyway, I am still figuring out the website and exploring. @camtosh, I'll check out the Low Carber group you mentioned, and can you direct me to where I can learn how to properly reply to someone? For example, pasting someone's post in my reply? Is it just a cut and paste?
  • rwecker5782
    Options
    @airbeatWay to go! I agree kcko is the best advice, just jump back in. Are you also in the Low Carber group here? It gets a few posts daily.https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum

Like this?
  • rwecker5782
    Options
    No, I guess not!!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    No, I guess not!!!

Just click on the word "Quote" which is located in the frame/box/reply of the text/post you wish to quote.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I just started actively using MFP as of 9/11/2020, and @airbeat, I too have been looking for LCHF group for seniors, more specifically one for post menopausal women. I don't think I'll go keto. Anyway, I am still figuring out the website and exploring. @camtosh, I'll check out the Low Carber group you mentioned, and can you direct me to where I can learn how to properly reply to someone? For example, pasting someone's post in my reply? Is it just a cut and paste?

Can also use the @ key with no spaces and the person's name @rwecker5782
  • elize7
    Options
    Hi keto pals!
    I can't say I'm active keto yet, but I've been trying for awhile now. I keep checking in here for inspiration.
    I had a great keto run about 3 years ago..then slowly, gradually veered off the path. I've lost a lot of ground since then in lots of ways; but I know I felt the absolute best when I was doing keto.
    I lost 145 pounds, had energy galore, was heathy.
    So. I m on my way back.
    Have a great day, pals!!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Hi keto pals!
    I can't say I'm active keto yet, but I've been trying for awhile now. I keep checking in here for inspiration.
    I had a great keto run about 3 years ago..then slowly, gradually veered off the path. I've lost a lot of ground since then in lots of ways; but I know I felt the absolute best when I was doing keto.
    I lost 145 pounds, had energy galore, was heathy.
    So. I m on my way back.
    Have a great day, pals!!

Welcome back @elize7 !
This discussion has been closed.