Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    Check in for Thursday
    Food-not logged and over
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-20 min Leslie Sansone video and PT

Well...things didn't go as planned but still not a bad day...until the evening. Jim ended up coming down the shore a day early so we went to dinner. I did GREAT at dinner! I followed the plan and watched my hunger. I followed my drinking plan, one before, during and after. Then I blew it when I got home. Not too bad but I had some candy because I wanted something sweet. I do have a 100 cal protein bar that is sweet that I will have next time if I really can't say no to myself. Live and learn... Note to self-throw candy away...

I am moving slow this today, that is why I am on here so late. I really don't have anything planned. Hope everyone has some fun plans this weekend.

@Cafelelia I am a day behind but your post about things not always going as planned hit home for me today. Good idea to prep for the upcoming week, especially since things are picking up there! Nice loss for the week too! :)
    @jedaschultz Yes-new month! Let's make September our month!
    @1theresamcvean I had to look up what shawarma was. Sounds yummy! It sounds like things are starting to get back to normal for you too. Even if it is busy. I love the pic of the town of your ancestors, how beautiful!
    @goingape Nice job getting the first week of C25K under your belt. Hopefully your husband is able to catch up at some point. Maybe if he goes at his own pace at first? Or maybe its just not for him. Seems like you hit your groove with everything this week. Great job!
    @tryingagain5 I can't speak for your state of course but my daughter has been going to the gym and said people are respectful of social distancing and with cleaning their machines after. She said although she would rather not wear the mask, it isn't too bad. I hope you have the same experience. Will you be starting up with your trainer again?
    @Melzz19 I have a problem with that too. Though all of this I notice I eat AND drink fast. Maybe that will be the next thing I work on after the hunger. I love hearing about your job, it sounds so interesting. Hope you have the weekend off and you can make the trip to the badlands.
    @mainebeachbum Those are the real lobster rolls up there by you! Sounds like you have been hitting your stride lately. Keep up the good work!
    @KristieJC Omg! It has been a hectic few weeks for you! Sending prayers and hugs! I hope that you are able to get the hotel you want, a kitchen will make it easier to eat healthy.
    @kandi3570 I wish there was something low cal that can hit that chocolate craving. I have yet to find it...I was lol ing with the fitbit and bra story Lol! Have a great weekend
    @GingerPwr It is such a challenging time for teachers. Sending hugs!
    @lenka1 Nice loss! You are doing awesome!
    @debbiewsharpe Congrats on getting back under that magic number! You have been working hard! I am glad that you found that fruit hits your sweet tooth for the weekdays. Then having a baked treat will be so much more enjoyable on the weekend. Please don't feel that you have to comment everyday unless you want to. I don't want you to become overwhelmed. It is so nice having you here.
    @pacsnc6 Sounds like it was still a lovely day even though the flea market was closed. I did cross stitching when my two oldest were little but once the third child came, that was the end of that. I found it relaxing. I also think because I have the worst handwriting when everything came out so neat and perfect, I found it satisfying.
    @podperson1 I am still a work in progress with sweets myself but I am seeing a big difference. Well...not including last night Lol!
    @lennoncpa I love the pink house! I liked it in blue too but wow! Looks great! What a beautiful house you have!
    @annliz23 I love that post!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    rfe9r9dvzveg.jpg
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    GingerPwr wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I miss you!

I'm Casey, I'm 43, and I'm in North Carolina. I'm a teacher, and that's why right now, I'm on the cheer squad. We're doing a blend of in person and online work, and every lesson takes about 3x longer to set up. It's been stressful.

I feel myself slipping back into old eating habits, so I really need to get control of my food again. Hubs was just diagnosed with Celiac, so we're changing things up here. I think I might go gluten free with him and see what happens.

Love y'all. I'm gonna try to check in more this month and maybe come back full in October.

Take good care, Casey. This is such a trying time for teachers and students. We're all watching and hoping the school year starts off well. You are the front-line now. You are a hero!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    lenka1 wrote: »
    Week 1
    Pw: 154.5
    Cw: 152.4

Ltd: 19.6lbs (since May)

Lenka, Here I sit in a haze. Stunned by just 8 hours with my 3-year and 15-month-old grandchildren. My normally easy grandson is getting molars and was not himself at all today. This is a big reminder of just how much you do each day (and night). The willpower it takes to put your goals anywhere near the front of the line is Herculean. Well done on your loss this week and on almost 20 lbs this summer. My hat is off to you!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @debbiewsharpe and @sleepymom5 thanks. That is the house I live in. My older son is an architect and he pretty much picked the colors, with my approval of course! It was such a hard decision but the painters did such an amazing job with the caulking and detail!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend and let’s all try to have fun without gaining weight
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @annliz23 thanks😀
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Most gym members already cleaned their machines after using them so I don't see that being much if a problem. Not sure what will happen with the masks. The owner posted that he is looking for clarification from the state about them since the gyms in northern Michigan have been open since mid June and do not have a mask mandate. Not sure when he will find out about it.

Yes. I will start up with my trainer again. I definitely need the 3 days with him.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Yay! I get a 3 day weekend! Seems kind of silly to get excited about that but since I've only had 1 day off for the last few weeks having 3 days off is great!

It was a really nice day. I went for a long walk with one of my neighbors so that was my exercise for the day. Too much on the food and not enough on the water.

Work is having an "attendance incentive bonus" for the next 5 weeks. According to my boss 29% of the employees at the company overall don't show up to work.😯 That's something I don't understand, I can't imagine not going to work. You have a job, you go to work. I guess my work ethic is different than the folks not showing up to work. For the incentive you can't take any time off, paid or unpaid to get the maximum bonus. It's kind of a tiered thing. Week 1 you get "X" amount, week 2 a little more than week 1 and so on. The max amount you can get (before taxes come out) is $750. If you are off for any reason you don't get that week's incentive and the next week you start at week 1 again. I could really use some time off but will wait until the incentive is over. The extra money will be helpful.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @debbiewsharpe
    It will be interesting at the gym but I am so ready to go back! I hope you will be able to get back to your gym as well.

Thanks for all the encouragement and positivity! It means a lot! You're right. I will get there. It doesn't matter how long it takes since losing weight is more of a journey, a marathon, not a sprint.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @lennoncpa Your house looks beautiful both ways but, boy, do I love the pink! It brightens up the front porch so much and I love the shade variation on the top two floors. That must be one big attic/third floor.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @lennoncpa I saw this yesterday and thought of you. 6u6idzpjtbr0.png

• 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Weigh Day

Username: 1theresamcvean
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    Previous weight: 147.5
    Today's weight: 147.2
    Loss to date: 30.2

I am hovering on this weight. You'll see me lose weight a number of times each week. I'm weighing every day looking for the weekly average and to learn about the day-to-day gains and losses.

I am smaller than when I first landed on this weight. As I've said, I'm in a body composition-change situation right now. I'm happy with the way my clothes fit...or don't fit because my measurements are going down (or up if it's a musculature thing).

I still think I should break through this plateau. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,
    Theresa
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    @debbiewsharpe thank you!! :smile:

@lennoncpa love your house!

@1theresamcvean Aww thank you so much for your sweet words. It’s hard but I do have to say I’d never be able to do it if my husband wasn’t such an amazing guy.

He’s been mostly working from home and he loves cooking lol Plus he was cutting for summer too so we both We’re cooking healthy meals mostly.
    He did tell me though he can’t believe I am working out as much and as hard with so little and bad quality sleep. I guess women are powerful creatures after all :)

My 5y started kindergarten this week and I already feel how much it will help me to keep going more Reaching my goals and Be better organized. She’s goes in person 830-230 5x a week and she loves it and I do too lol we all needed this. Her to be around other kids Her age and us to catch a break lol

John (my husband) has started his winter bulking Though lol I will be more tempted around here - but I know I can resist. Fingers crossed lol
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Friday check in:
    12,766 steps ✔️
    63 minutes walk ✔️
    64 oz water ✔️
    Prelogged meals for tomorrow ❌

I found a new 3 mile walking route today. Part of it is along a busier road with no shoulders or sidewalks which is bad, but another part of it runs along the lake which was nice.

I tried a new recipe for dinner. It was pretty good. https://www.theguiltfreegourmet.net/dishes/burgers&sandwiches/CrispyFishSandwich.pdf

I also made chocolate chip cookies for my son. I haven’t had one yet. They smelled soooo good. I don’t think I could avoid over eating if I start!

I agree, the two-toned pink is super cute. It makes the details pop!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    09/04 steps 8964

Maintenance weigh in 134.4
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    I'm Linda, 50 and live in Michigan. I don't have kids but have 3 grown nephews who are married.

I've been on this team since October 2019., with a month off. Thank you to all who have encouraged me! It has been helpful.

I have two great nieces, one who is about 18 months old and the other is 9 months old.

I have had a weight issue most of my life and have lost and gained many pounds over the years. I have lost about 46 pounds since January of 2018 but since the shutdown and stress of everything, I have now gained almost 25 of those pounds back. I'm very much an emotional eater.

Normally I work with a trainer at my gym three times a week, he works me really hard, which is what I want. Since my gym has been closed for almost 6 months, I haven't been working with my trainer and have not done well with consistently working out at home. The gym has been given the ok to open this week so I'll be starting back with my trainer 3 days a week and plan on going most other days to get back into it.

I have support and accountability from my trainer and other people in my life but can always use more.

My goals for this month are just to get into a consistent workout routine, get in at least 64 oz of water and not overdo it with food. Keeping things simple.

This discussion has been closed.