Mission Slimpossibles - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 That birthday bash sounds amazing! You've reminded me that I haven't had any time off work since I came back from maternity leave in July 2019...we are supposed to get 4 weeks of leave a year but I have taken none! No wonder I am feeling myself wearing down. I spoke to my boss about having a week off...he didn't say no, but I need to fit it in around upcoming projects and then he put in a go-live date for a software change in the only week that would have worked this month...so I guess I won't be taking leave any time soon after all!

@buniphuphu I can't believe the amount of time you're spending in the water!! Incredible job, and you can see it's really paying off on the scale. I hope you're feeling amazing!

@TeresaW1020 There's no way I could ever fast for 21 or 24 hours - you're a champion!

I had a relaxing weekend at home with my little family, with Father's Day on Sunday so that was nice. Back to work now, and feeling the pressure creep up. I had intended to take my little one for a walk in the afternoon but I got home from work feeling drained so we just played and read about 10,000 books instead (he's almost 2, and LOVES books). After he went to bed I did play Beat Saber for half an hour or so, so that was better than doing nothing.
    I'm excited to try the challenge this week - but I'm cursing my mother for giving me a long name :lol: I'm going to try to do it a few times each day and try to change the exercises each day too. How fun!
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I had a great day yesterday. First day in ±8 days that I had no stomach cramps. I had a very good run and was well within my calorie goal for the day. I burned more than 700 calories and only ate ±50 back.
  • anido1
    anido1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Username: anido1
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 156
    CW: 156
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda You got this girlfriend, just keep reminding yourself that resisting that food item or doing that workout will make you so proud at the end of the day!

@buniphuphu way to go on the swimming, that's a great streak especially after the snake! Good luck with physical therapy, my experiences with it is the first two weeks are always the hardest.

@raleighgirl09 Yes, great bike ride! They have seats to help with sore butts btw! Sounds like you're doing great at being back on track. I wish I could give good advice for your trip, it DOES feel like people are watching everything you're doing. I try to balance trips with exercise like at least going for a walk but I still tend to overeat. I get back to it when I get home and usually feel kind of out-of-control but I'm not the best moderator. I'm not as bad as I used to be, as long as you're not being strict about what food you eat you can help balance what you eat like eating your favorites or things you can't normally have (like Christmas cookies!) vs. say potato chips and dip you can have any time. And make it the good stuff, a homemade treat is way better than a generic bag of cookies! Just how I did it counting calories before I stopped eating certain foods.

@TeresaW1020 Oh, 10Rounds sounds awesome, I love boxing! Wow, post how your fast goes, I don't think I could last that long. Do you find your workouts better fasted or after eating? Just curious.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Sounds like a fun way to work out, let us know what exercise you're doing! I love switching things up and while I can't do much now I keep adding stuff to my future "to try" list!

@petrocoetsee Yay on no stomach cramps! Sounds like you're back at it!

Monday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- arm cardio, abs, resistant band stretching, yoga, chakra mandala meditation

Nothing really new, still in a lot of pain but mentally doing better. I'm doing another Walmart pick-up because I can't handle Costco even with help and it's my card so I can't send the guy I'm seeing. I'm filing a bunch of grievances tomorrow because my insurance keeps denying all my doctor's referrals so I can't get help. I got all fired up listening to "let's bust some heads" music only to have all the offices closed today then I can't do much exercise so I'm just laying around unable to get my energy out so I was frustrated. Hard to celebrate holidays with COVID, pain, and a heatwave. I'll have to come up with some good ideas, even though life is complicated now it's still important to find things to enjoy, celebrate, and be grateful for.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu That's awesome that you exceeded your swim goal, congrats! And congrats on a great weigh-in!

@raleighgirl09 A girl's trip sounds like so much fun! I've never experienced the kind of change for people to see me differently but I can imagine it must induce quite a bit of pressure.

@TeresaW1020 I used to take a boxing class and it was really good exercise. I loved it! That's a good idea to shake up your routine, good luck!

@petrocoetsee I'm glad your stomach is better.

Hello all. My pain level is a lot better today, thankfully. I'm researching an anti-inflammatory diet that is supposed to help with arthritis. I'm going to start eating it on Saturday (that's the day I get my next grocery haul). I also downloaded a free pain tracking app called "Manage My Pain" which should help me communicate better with my doctor. The heatwave finally is breaking here which is nice, I can go for a walk now. Over the weekend, it was 107F on Saturday, much too hot to do anything.

Monday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, walk, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette I couldn’t fast that long either when I first started. We call it building your fasting muscle. 😉 I’m glad you had a relaxing weekend and good luck with this week’s challenge. :)

@Katmary71 Yeah, I think I’m going to like 10 Rounds a lot. Today was weight lifting for legs and it was a killer. I always workout fasted. Usually at the 15 to 17-hour mark. I tried to work out a few weeks ago after eating and I just couldn’t push myself at all. I hope you can get some through to the insurance companies and that they will stop denying the referrals. That has to be beyond aggravating. :#

@trooworld I hope the new diet will really start helping you and that the pain management app will be beneficial. I’m also glad that the heatwave is breaking for you. Our weather this week has been low 80’s and no humidity. It’s glorious!! B)

Hi everyone! I did day two of my new workout program that was lower body weights. The trainer had us do 3 sets of one exercise for 50 seconds with a 10-second break between. There were 5 total exercises and then two core exercises. It was intense but my knees held up so that made me very happy. I am super excited because we are finally getting our back porch screened in and it’s just in time because the weather is turning so nice here. I can’t wait to sit out there and enjoy it. Right now there is lots of noise and my poor little dog isn’t very happy. :grin:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in

Username-bethanie0825
    Day- Tuesday
    CW - 222.8
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

Thanks everyone for the good wishes on my girls's weekend birthday bash! It will be fun and all of the indulgences will be home made and well worth it. I'm planning to log it even knowing it will be over everyday but looking to being mindful anyway which should help keep it more on the reasonable side.

Ohhh, bad Maria - I was so tempted to not check in, just really tired. I didn't want to break my one day streak, though, so here I am!! =>

Calories - over...combining being tired with veggie tots and being very hungry led to over indulgence! And for those not my pal to go gawk at this in my diary for yourself....I had 4 servings which is 600 cals (in addition to the rest of the day and sinner!!)!!! Admittedly - delish, can't complain about that
    Water - on target with the 8 cups
    Exercise - nothin' for today as I had to work a lot of hours for the office and then drive an hour to see my mom and cook dinner, etc., and then drive it on home
    Sleep - I made sure to go to bed on time last night but had a hard time getting to sleep - thinking tonight will be better!

@TeresaW1020 I know you're going to enjoy the new exercise routine, seems right up your alley! We've had a few cooler days here, too, and it has been dreamy!
    @BethB554 isn't it funny how hooked we get to that little friend on the wrist! I tel mysef I get the steps whether they log or not and the result is the same but I'm always disappointed they didn't"count." So glad you had a good afternoon with your daughter - the good moments in between the tougher times does help bridge the time. Glad you were able to keep steady with a part of the plan, it's a step in the right direction!
    @Cornanda we're all thinking of your ship.... => I hope you're in the channel with the tides, wind and current in your favor. And if there's a headwind.....tack, my friend....TACK! I know, I know, I just mixed water vessel analogies... B)
    @trooworld I hope that the new eating plan is helpful! Taking positive steps forward always feels better to me than twisting in the wind. You're the recipe guru, you'll find a bunch of new ones to try, I'm sure!
    @katmary71 I am feeling the GRRRRRR about all of the denial by the insurance companies! Is there any kind of advocacy group that can help on your behalf...? I am just grasping at straws - very disheartening to have to keep being tied up in the frustrating red tape!
    @petrocoetsee glad you're feeling better, I actually have had a much better tummy lately. It was actually an easy fix for me, at least for now, by taking probiotics. The wild ride of ups and downs and cramps galore have gone away. Whatever you did - keep doing it! I *totally* know how much better life is with a tamed tummy.
    @TwistedSassette the weekend was relaxing over here, too, and sometimes that's what's really needed! I hope you get that week off next month or maybe over/near the holidays? Even in a lockdown, semi lockdown or even just an adjusted schedule, getting time away from the grind is crucial!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week: 2
    PW (Previous Weight): 197
    CW (Current Weight): 197
    LTD (Loss to Date): 28 lbs
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld I'm downloading that app right now, great idea to keep track of things. I fight so hard to make it through each day I blank out how I was before so something like this would be good for me as well. If you want to talk anti-inflammatory diets hit me up! I'm curious how you're planning on eating. I haven't been able to cut out nightshades, eggs, garlic, or onions yet. I eat a ton of salsa so if it's a bad area for me I'm definitely overdoing it.

@BethB554 It sounds like you're back on track, wtg! I'm a klutz too, I just found my missing Fitbit in the bottom of the washing machine when I was emptying it, thank goodness it had just failed a test with Fitbit and a replacement had arrived by the time I discovered it! I just discovered my Instant Pot knob that had fallen off under the tea kettle on the stove AFTER I'd heated hot water. Both still work! I don't know if your daughter and I had/have similar issues but doing things together like shopping (even though you hate it) definitely will have her feeling less alone and closer to you. You're her mom, you're still not gonna get it from a depressed teen's point-of-view, but every moment counts. I'm glad she has you! Huge hugs to you, I know everything seems overwhelming now but you're tough and you'll get through this!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- small amount of arm cardio, chakra meditation

Couldn't take it anymore and finally went to the ER as a last resort, my veins are full of steroids at this point and thank God they helped some as I haven't slept in days and felt horrible. I thought I was going to lose my mind, it was a last resort after this last week of hell, my blood pressure was 191 on top. One good thing about COVID is I was out of there within 30 minutes, that never happens! It took 3xs as long picking up the prescriptions. I spent the day doing what I could to protest and appeal, I have a call into a legal school, messages to my doctor, and filed a grievance with my insurance. I'm not sure I'll be able to stick with school, I'm already behind and am going to try and catch up tomorrow but it's really hard to concentrate and I have to keep my legs elevated without laptop pressure so I'm trying to rig a desk with pillows and a piece of wood that doesn't touch my legs. It's so much easier to sit at a table or at my desk! I was "great" about asking for help, I told the guy I was seeing I'd be back in a few hours after trying to lay down and having a panic attack, I think I shocked him when I said I'd be at the hospital, he knew I wasn't feeling good but not that I was about to start screaming my head off. It was either that or get drunk and that would really ruin my anti-inflammatory diet! After years of dealing with pain alone I don't know how to let someone in aside of those who've been there for me for years plus it's not like he could go in the ER with me so I didn't see the point of dragging him along. I just started making him help me around the house, I'm getting there!

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks, me too! The app will definitely help me communicate better with my doctor. I've always had a hard time describing my pain. Wow, that's unusual weather for GA, isn't it? Enjoy it! I'm glad your knees held up for the exercises. I can picture you sitting in your screened-in porch, enjoying a glass of tea or wine now! Poor little fluff, I hope the noise is done soon.

@BethB554 I'm glad your daughter is doing better. I remember being that age and I had a difficult time, too. I *should* have seen a therapist at that age but my parents were *kitten* and didn't take me to see one. I hope all the help she will get will help her. I'm sorry you broke your Apple watch screen protector, which probably felt like the last thing you needed but at least you didn't break the actual screen. Taking care of yourself will allow you to take better care of your daughter and the rest of your family. ((( HUGS ))) to you.

@raleighgirl09 Thanks. I'm trying to be proactive and try as many things as possible before I get in there and not just pop a pill (although I'm not opposed to popping that pill!). We'll see how the recipes go.

@Katmary71 I like it so far. They have a premium version that allows you to access reports more (don't go willy-nilly accessing reports because you can only access reports a certain number of times, I am not sure exactly how many lol). The book I bought is called "The Complete Anti-Inflammatory Diet for Beginners: A No-Stress Meal Plan with Easy Recipes to Heal the Immune System". I would love to talk anti-inflammatory diet, so I'll add you as a friend and we can talk off-line. I'm glad you were able to get some relief from the ER visit. I'm sorry that you've been so much in pain.

Tuesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, walk, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Username: Gretchen Reine

Wednesday weigh-in:

SW (7/1/2020): 298.0
    Weigh-in (9/1/2020): 291.8
    Weigh-in (9/2/2020):293.2
    Weigh-in (9/9/2020): 293.0
    Weigh-in (9/16/2020):
    Weigh-in (9/23/2020):
    Weigh-in (9/30/2020):

LTD: 5.0
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I've been away a few days managing some medical emergencies. Had a depressing few days, but the good news is I didn't use food as a crutch and I am still losing! 143 today. Now to catch up:

@raleighgirl09 you asked earlier how I didn't cave to emotional eating. It's because I am trying to take to heart advice I read somewhere in MFP land: : If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the solution. Really a powerful truth, as long as I remember it when I'm having those stressful moments. Your girls weekend sounds so fun! "Not eating to stuffage" is a reasonable goal and and awesome phrase I plan to steal.

@Apple852hk I second @raleighgirl09's suggestion on the chocolate. I lost 30 lbs eating a pre-logged, pre-portioned amount of chocolate every day (Dove silky dark chocolates are a favorite). Any sustainable plan for me has to include my chocolate fix.

@petrocoetsee We can do this! I know we can. Two things we have try for: consistency and patience. We gained over quarantine, and we have to give ourselves that same time period to lose.

@TeresaW1020 You're doing amazing! That 10 Rounds program sounds so good. I had a Beachbody subscription for a while and really liked it, but eventually I needed to modify the workouts so much that it didn't feel worth it.

@Katmary71 oh my goodness, the ER! I couldn't quite follow if this was due to the panic attack or the pain, but good for you knowing when you needed medical care. That's some huge self-advocacy right there! Something I'm still working on personally. How are you doing today?

On another note, I did some of the seated workouts you posted with my daughter and had a blast! I need to make a playlist like you. If you have other recommendations, please send them along! It felt so good to get my heart pounding again. Im sorry your referrals are being denied and you have to tangle with insurance. That's so defeating.

@trooworld I hate that you're in chronic pain (like @Katmary71 and myself- it's not a fun club!). My EDS pain flares in my hands first thing in the morning, when my wrist and finger joints have this deep ache and I can't grasp things well, but I'm sure arthritis is so much worse. I hope the pain app works for you to see patterns and let doctors know what you're going through.

@BethB554 I'm glad to hear things are going better with your daughter. You're doing everything possible as a mother to get her the help she needs and to show her how loved she is. It's no wonder you feel down. What a tough time.

@leonadixon I just wish I could give you a hug. Please don't give up. I'm sure we've all been there. But the time will pass anyway- giving up will only mean when the next month rolls around, you could either be glad you stuck with it or even more discouraged. Plan to be proud of yourself. Try not to focus on the scale or on how you feel NOW, but on one small goal you can achieve. Make it attainable, like drinking 3 glasses of water if you struggle with water, or stopping eating by 8 p.m. if you're a late night snacker. Do it for one day, be proud of yourself for achieving your first goal, and reset.
    We're here for you and you CAN do this!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Weight day: Wednesday
    SW: 135 lb
    PW: 133.2 lb (week 1)
    CW: 133.8 lb (week 2)

Although is a gain I’m actually happy is so small. Had a string of slack days this past week and only came back to the rules yesterday morning.
    Work has been busy, online school started and we are adjusting.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @BethB554 I’m glad that your daughter is doing a little better. I was just talking to my DH last night about why he should buy me an Apple watch. I’m afraid I wasn’t as convincing as I should have been. Three months until Christmas so I’ll keep at it! :grin:

@Katmary71 So sorry that you had so much pain that you had to go to the ER! I’m glad that you have your guy to open up to and let him into your world enough to accept his help. That is a good thing, right? :)

@raleighgirl09 Glad, you decided not to bail on your check-in. I’m tired and busy today and almost bailed too. We gotta keep each other in check. ;)

Hi everyone! So, I made it 24 hours yesterday with my fast and broke it with a chicken stir-fry. I woke up really early this morning and felt so wide awake that I got up before 6 am and spent an hour or so getting some work done and then I went and did my workout. It’s funny to try to do these boxing moves all while focusing on what my arms are doing at the same time I’m trying to remember which hip to move. It’s a good thing no one is around to see me! :grin: I also went and got my hair cut and colored today and it is bright red! It will tone down in a few days but for now, It’s a little intense. And I have to go hang out with the littles at church tonight. They might think I’ve turned into a cartoon character. :D
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hi- I let too many posts go by again but I want to say that I am sending thoughts/prayers for healing and comfort to all of you who are struggling- with issues, pain, family- all of it. I've read about them, and I feel for you. <3

As for me and my ship--- I'm the captain again today. However, I feel the "mental break" I allowed myself was a very bad idea. Akin to opening the gates of hell. I really didn't get too far off at track at first..... but now I'm surprised at how many bad habits came rushing back in. I won't name them all- I'm sure you know them: "just this once"... "I'll start again tomorrow" and many more.

I will take the lesson I have learned and move forward.

This discussion has been closed.