Mission Slimpossibles - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday check in - 3 days running!

Hey gang! I am day 2 for no walk -2 really busY work days and today IT was raining when I got home. I'm WFH early in the morning and then going into the office a little later so I'm going to take my walk first. Its the best way for me to get it in - very easy to not be able to do it, but having it out of the way by 8am(ish) abolishes all concern over it.

Calories - wrangled in for the day and since this is the only day I have control over in this moment, I won't fret the past or future days... B)
    Water - HA! I slipped in 2 more cups today!
    Sleep - not so great, still. I might go to bed early. Or I might stay up too late knowing I have an early alarm - jury's out.
    Exercise - sad story about that above, it's less than 5000 steps for the day (and yesterday)

@Cornanda it's so true for me, too - I know when I just throw it all to the wind, it's hard to gather it all back up. Finding a way to forgive yourself will help allow you to move on to the your next opportunity to improve. Could be not eating while cooking - or closing the fridge or pantry door without getting something out when you wanted to. Might be planning what's for breakfast so there is no guessing. Possibly just taking a nice walk at some point tomorrow to be with yourself and think about what you want to do for the next opportunity. Maybe your next opportunity is in the forgiving so you can get to the one after that... <3

@TeresaW1020 I love when I see the super red color! I always think that person is fun and has a great sense of self! FABULOUS fasting period - high five!!!!
    @GabiV125 I can totally relate - I'm getting back in the groove after a few weeks of several off the track days! Less to go back on in the coming week and then back to the downward trend. =>

@Katmary71 I'm glad you went to the ER for some help! I don't know why but some people just can't really talk about something that personal with others - you're a person who may feel worse for the sharing. I hope he readily accepts that you'll open up when it's right for you. He's pretty awesome to be alongside you and help with the things you're comfortable getting help with!

@raleighgirl09 you asked earlier how I didn't cave to emotional eating. It's because I am trying to take to heart advice I read somewhere in MFP land: : If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the solution. Really a powerful truth, as long as I remember it when I'm having those stressful moments.

@leonadixon I just wish I could give you a hug. Please don't give up. I'm sure we've all been there. But the time will pass anyway- giving up will only mean when the next month rolls around, you could either be glad you stuck with it or even more discouraged. Plan to be proud of yourself. Try not to focus on the scale or on how you feel NOW, but on one small goal you can achieve. Make it attainable, like drinking 3 glasses of water if you struggle with water, or stopping eating by 8 p.m. if you're a late night snacker. Do it for one day, be proud of yourself for achieving your first goal, and reset.
    We're here for you and you CAN do this!

@Hilogirl2018 I love this and especially "But the time will pass anyway- giving up will only mean when the next month rolls around, you could either be glad you stuck with it or even more discouraged." Speaks to @Cornanda too!!

SO VERY TRUE!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW (8/24/2020): 210.4
    Check in weight (8/31): 210.6
    Check in weight (9/7):211.0
    Check in weight (9/14):
    Check in weight (9/21):
    Check in weight (9/28):

I am frustrated. I am sad. I am anxious. I am thinking about just quitting this process. What is the point of constantly thinking about losing weight, planning meals then blowing it every day? I am usually more upbeat than this, but I have not been this heavy since I had my daughter 18 years ago. I am in pain, I acknowledge that, but so are other people here. It's rainy and cloudy here, maybe I just have extra blues today. :(

@leonadixon I'm so sorry you're having a blue day and the grumpy, rainy clouds don't help!! You thinking about your weight loss goals and planning meals are two awesome tools, no need to throw them away - can you figure out the why and way in which you are blowing it every day? Is there a way to recognize that before it gets ahold and derail the derailment...? If it's mutiple things - can you avoid one or a few small ones? The baby steps count - and if one of the issues is doing the tried and true 'all or nothing' mindset and one wrong move means you are sunk for the day....maybe that's where you start, not letting one become two become forty.....? No matter how big the fall, there is always ALWAYS the very next moment and decision. That's where the key is to seeing what's going wrong; a couple of right moves after going wrong can bring you back.

And you're right - many of us are struggling. You have the right to be mad and sad about what's going on with you and it's ok. <3
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Updating this so it looks like it should

Weekly Weigh-in

Username-bethanie0825
    Day- Tuesday
    PW - 224.4
    CW - 222.8

Currently working on getting back to drinking more water and less sugar free Red Bulls. NC finally let people back into gyms so I made it to Planet Fitness three times already; I couldn't be more excited to watch my murder shows while I walk :) Also buckling down on tracking my food on WW which I've been slack on lately. When my mental health starts slipping, my discipline does too.

I hope everyone is doing alright. I see some are having a rough time; I'm right there with you. I don't post as much as some but I'm always reading and sending good vibes to anyone who needs them. I finally broke down and called my Dr and asked him to up my antidepressant a bit. My husband is in law enforcement. I work 911 at a PD. Pretty sure he has untreated depression which is affecting me. We've talked about it a lot bc I'm pretty open about my shiz. It's been a crappy year all around.

But I'm glad we have out little slice of heaven here.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories- slightly over
    Exercise- arm cardio, abs, arm resistance bands, meditation, yoga
    Steps- 7,500

Doing better today, got some stuff done and rested the second half of the day, I feel real lazy. I'm taking a steroid dose pack so I'm hopeful if I don't overdo it I'll feel better for my Dad's birthday dinner Saturday. I get to be extra annoying, normally I just eat meat and veggies plus dessert, this is the first time I may have to bring my own meal. My birthday is at the end of the month, the stubborn part of me wants to have all my favorites but if I'm going to do this right for pain relief I have to go hardcore. As for the ER last night I went because of pain, I was panicky because my body was in fight-or-flight but I'm unfortunately used to staying real controlled to power through it.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @leonadixon I feel your frustration and I do understand it. Sometimes I feel like my weight loss is on a hamster wheel, going round and round, never going anywhere. BUT...then I think: if I wasn't trying, I'd be gaining even more weight. I know this because that is definitely what happens when I give up. I start eating all the "forbidden foods" and it gets so much worse. I don't know if that would happen for you, but that is what happens for me. Please don't give up. You are worth it. Hugs to you.

@Hilogirl2018 I hope all is okay with the medical emergencies. Good job not using food as a crutch and congrats on losing! No, chronic pain is not a fun club to be a member of. I'm sorry about your pain, too. Luckily, my pain comes and goes so I have periods of no pain where I can enjoy life without thinking about arthritis. Do you ever have periods like this? I hope that app helps, too. I'm sick of not being heard properly! :(

@TeresaW1020 Wow, 24 hours! That's incredible! Are your arms like jelly from doing the boxing?

@bethanie0825 I'm glad you are taking care of yourself. It sounds like you both have very intense jobs.

@Katmary71 I'm glad you are doing better. Do what you have to do re: your dad's birthday dinner. I'm sure he'll understand. When is your birthday? Mine is Sept 26!

Hi all. My arthritis flare-up seems to be fading, I'm feeling pretty good today. I think if I continue to improve, I will attempt a YouTube dance video tomorrow. I would do it today but I've got too much to do today.

Wednesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, walk, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    13ve38t7mwlg.jpeg

FAT 2 FIT
    RECIPE SHARE

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803881/recipes#latest

This is a reminder that Fat2Fit has a recipe share page. Hop on over and take a look.

Please share your favorite recipe for others to love, too.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    1zhfp4197ffa.png

:star:The Idea Lounge :star: is a place where we can come together to share our creative ideas and give our suggestions on how to make Fat2Fit the best challenge group on My Fitness Pal! B)

Challenges - Why challenges? There is nothing better to help keep the energy and commitment high, and the discouragement and staleness low. They are optional but really helpful. Tell us which ones you like, or what new ideas you'd like to see.

Suggestions - This is wide open! What would make F2F better? What bugs you? What works really well? Take some time to look around on other teams than your own, and if you see something you'd like your team to try, suggest it! Or if you think of ways we can improve communication, reward the right kind of progress, or make the community more welcoming and effective. Spill!

Click the link to share your ideas! The Idea Lounge
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!! I hope that you will go over to the recipe thread and the Idea Lounge!! Both are great additions to the group. :)

@MommaGemz Great weight loss this week and even better downward trend!! You are very inspiring! B)

@trooworld My arms actually held out much better than I thought they would from the boxing. Now my back has been another story the last couple of days and it’s really getting frustrating. I’m glad to hear that your arthritis pain is easing up. :)

@Katmary71 I’m glad that you are doing better today. It’s hard to stick to a plan that we know we should when our brain wants what it wants. Maybe you can think of an indulgence that you can do for your birthday that will be something you can eat or better yet maybe something you can do. ;)

@bethanie0825 Wow, great loss!! That is awesome that you can get back into your gym. You and your DH have very stressful jobs. I hope that the doctor can give you the help you need. <3

Hi everyone! I didn’t have to go into work today, so I walked on my treadmill and cleaned my bathroom and bedroom. I fasted 20 hours today and had a Light & Fit pumpkin pie Greek yogurt with pecans. I wasn’t going to buy any more yogurts because of the carbs and fake sugar but dang if I don’t LOVE that flavor. I just bought two! ;) I sent DH to Subway for dinner and I got one of their salads that turned out to be very tasty and I didn’t even miss the bread.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 2 weigh in Thursday (10Sep2020)
    Previous weight:172.7
    Current weight: 169.8
    LTD MFP #2 65.2 lbs
    LTD overall 130.2 lbs

Hey gang, kinda gave up on giving you the weekly steps - I was having to add them up on an online calculator and well, Lazy Maria beat the crap out of Enthusiastic Maria on this topic! But let me start there first......

Steps are way down....down in the dumperoonie. Didn't go for a walk today for the 3rd day in a row. Tomorrow - I *am* going for a walk as I am working from home; up at 6 and work until it's light out, walk at 7, back by 8 and work, see me Madre midday and then back to some more working and then driving to the coast. (Arriving 3 hours later - having a drink but that may be TMI!!!)

Water is at the 8 cups so far, cals are logged as what I think I'll eat and it's over, at 1600 - we'll see how it works out. Sleep - I need more!

Plan for tomorrow seems solid enough but I'm pretty beat and need to give up this ghost.... =>

@trooworld and @katmary71 so glad you BOTH are having a better day today...so happy for you guys!!!!! :)
    @MommaGemz and @bethanie0825 - congrats ladies, very nice work with the keeping green and some really great downward trending!!
    @TeresaW1020 I also really like yogurt, that flavor sounds pretty delish - I'll have to look for that Light and Fit! I know it's that time of year for all things pumpkin and while I don't indulge much in getting many pumpkin products, I actually really like the flavor...!
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I am having a great week so far. I have been exercising daily (missed on Tuesday), but other than that I have been good calorie wise as well.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Oh no! about your back. Make sure and listen to your body, don't overdo it. Congrats on a great weigh-in! :)

@raleighgirl09 Drive safely!

@Katmary71 I am indeed a libra! Woo hoo, one joint birthday party coming up!!! I'm sorry you had the wrong book, that must have been really frustrating to find out (but also somewhat relieving). I hope you get the other one in time to catch up. I'm glad that you now have an ally re: your healthcare. Do what you have to do to get the help that you need.

@petrocoetsee Very insightful post. I hope you continue to have a good week.

Hello all. Today is a good day: pain-free (a little stiff, but that should get better as the day goes on) and I have the day off! I'm going to enjoy it. I don't have anything in particular planned, I may go get groceries today so that I can do more "things" tomorrow. I also plan on doing a YouTube dance video at some point today. Taking a hot bubble bath and relaxing. Enjoy the day!

Thursday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, YouTube video, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • jazzagirl30
    jazzagirl30 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Flat out with teaching and studying last couple weeks I can't wait for holidays. I have been making sure I get my workout in. How does everyone make sure they get their exercise in?
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Howdy team!

I think I'm caught up on the weigh-in spreadsheet. If I missed your weigh-in, my apologies! Otherwise, the holes I'm looking to fill in the spreadsheet include:

Due:

@andreiya12
    @Tracey0088
    @gwamajtw91
    @BethB554
    @Cornanda
    @davors19
    @harrismary225
    @katyjcrafts
    @TwistedSassette

and an early reminder for our Saturday folks:

@digger61