Replies

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 3 - Sept 2020 Sunday
    PW 135.8lbs (61.6kg)
    CW 135.5 (61.5kg)

Lost - just. More maintaining this week.

Walked most evenings and even a 14 mile (20km) walk. But then I ate a whole Big Mac meal as family were treating. I don't think it made a difference, it's just not a good mindset.

Devoured the bag of fudge. I can't recall if it was that tasty. It was just sugar.

Finished all the 6 pieces of frozen mackeral. I've achieved my goal to eat mackeral. I'll try and eat the beetroot tart I made which I have 5 slices left.

GOAL
    1. Eat 2 heads of broccoli this week
    2. Dig at the allotment for 1hr every afternoon instead of evening walk

Have a great week ahead🥰
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 That's awesome! And I may have to steal your breakfast idea, that sounds delicious. ;) Great weigh-in, congrats!

@Cornanda You are inspiring me to add more veggies into my diet. WTG! Congrats on getting 1st place, woo hoo!!!

@Hilogirl2018 Yeah, unfortunately. I have been waking up every 30 minutes for the first 4-5 hours of sleep for the past 1-2 years now. :( It is hard. I wake up feeling foggy and unfocused. :/ I remain tired all day. I try to take a nap and that helps (sometimes as early as 10 am on the weekend). Enjoy the salad, it's mighty tasty!

@GabiV125 A weekend away at a lake house sounds wonderful, enjoy!

@Katmary71 It was delicious! It's easy to fall into stress eating when people upset us. Especially when we are on the edge about other things. I hope those people get back to you soon. I love camping, it's so nice to be out in nature and forget about the "real" world. I hope you get to go. Does your guy like to go?

@TeresaW1020 I think you are wise to listen to your body.

Hello all! I'm trying this new thing (for me) where I set 1 goal a week to work on in addition to my monthly goals. I post a sticky note with my goal on my computer so I can look at it every day and I also put my goal for the week in my Google Calendar so it's pretty much everywhere. Last week's was "Before I eat anything, ask myself if I'm really hungry." I did pretty well on that one. This week's is going to be a bit tougher, it is "Leave 3 bites of food on my plate each meal." You see, I'm a card-carrying member of the clean plate club, so it's going to take some getting used to!

Saturday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: leave 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal, track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! B)

2l91eqtfkolv.png
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    Sunday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, 1 dance, abs, 5 Tibetans, stretching, Kundalini yoga, earth energy/chakra meditation
    Calories- over (freaking potatoes!)

Was on my own this weekend and I'm tired and bored of everything. Same workouts, same music, same chair to elevate my legs, same 4 walls, etc. Back to phone calls tomorrow, doctor appointment this week (we're not getting anywhere with any of her referrals but I want to see if she'd try for allergy testing or a GI doctor too), and hounding my professor in one class as she hasn't responded to me since Thursday and I have a month's of catching up to conquer here! Honestly, I think if there's an over-reaching theme of the last 6 months it's that I don't have control over a single thing and the more I try the worse it gets and that I need to learn patience. Of course I'm figuring out what I should tweak next to wrangle control of all this, haha!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda I often use something similar: Am I hungry enough to eat an apple? I like "Green bean hungry" lol

@petrocoetsee Congrats on the loss, fantastic!

@Katmary71 It was tough going yesterday. Eating all of my food is such an ingrained thing. At brunch, I automatically ate it all. Then at dinner, I was able to leave my 3 bites. :) Well, it's a weird time for this world, you reconnected in the bizzaro period of the world, so I commend you for being able to have a newish relationship during the quarantine. It can't be easy. I love that he brings his cats to your house! I'm sure your kitties love it (do you have more than 1?). <3

Hello everyone! I did pretty well with leaving food on my plate yesterday. I bombed brunch (no food left) but left about 3 bites in my bowl at dinner. The trick is REMEMBERING to do it. :)

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: leave 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal, track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,092 Member
    Options
    The Fall Equinox is happening this week! Join this week's challenge to celebrate with a pileup of great habits -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10810606/fall-is-here-pile-up-some-wins#latest
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 195
    Todays Weight: 195
    Loss To Date: 30 lbs
  • anido1
    anido1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Username: anido1
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 156
    CW: 158

Can’t say I’m surprised by the weight gain....really need to refocus🥺 the weather is much better outside now so I need to push myself to get out there. If I was just disciplined enough I should have lost about 10 pounds already from when I first started...so upset with myself☹️
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I'm sorry about the nightshades. Elimination diets can be so disappointing when you have already have had to give up so much due to chronic pain.

@vegan4lyfe2012 You lost 3+ pounds, that's awesome!

@TeresaW1020 I agree, IF does more for my inflammation than any other way of eating I've tried (keto, paleo, various anti-inflammatory diets), so I still get to have my sugar without causing a major flare. I hope your back feels better soon. As a lifelong back pain sufferer (I started carrying a lumbar pillow when I was 12!), I get nervous when I hear about someone beginning to have back pain. I'm super protective of other people's backs lol! Glad you are planning to take some time off your boxing workouts. Nothing is worth accidentally causing a back injury.

@Cornanda Congratulations on an honorable mention for last week AND first place in our group! Never heard of green bean hungry, I love that! So important to be in tune with true hunger.

@raleighgirl09 Second place last week, awesome!

@jazzagirl30 yay on 3rd place!

@trooworld I love your sticky note goal idea. Your "Before I eat anything, ask myself if I'm really hungry" quote is similar to a phrase that's been helpful to me recently, and I think I've mentioned it here before: If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the solution. Total gamechanger for me to think this way! The '3 bites of food' one would be tougher for me because I'm weighing and logging all my food to the nearest gram/ounce, so what I've measured out is what I need to make sure I'm getting 1200 calories. Would probably be a good strategy for the times when I can't weigh my portions, like dining out (not that I do that anymore!).

@buniphuphu So much swimming! What a nice message: we have to give ourselves credit for all the hundreds of good decisions we make all day.

My Saturday weigh-in was unfortunately a fluctuation- I was 'up' by 2 lbs, but I just knew it wasn't an accurate reflection of where I was. Sure enough, the next day I was down 2, and again this morning. At 140-point-something, I'm *so* close to seeing the 130s again! Maybe even this week.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, 1 dance song, arm resistant bands, stretching, Kundalini yoga, 5 Tibetans, root chakra/earth energy meditation
    Calories- under
This discussion has been closed.