Options

Replies

• jenmurphy3
    jenmurphy3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well, I must be the tortoise, slow and steady wins the race:
    Weight: 232.0 (down 0.8)
    I have to get better with water 💦
    I have been pretty good with tracking. There are a few times that I forget to track dinner, but by the end of the day, I’m exhausted!
    I do workout EVERYDAY. While I don’t get my 10,000 at least five days a week, I’m doing some type of physical activity daily.
    Steps:
    Sept 14: 5,382
    Sept 15: 5,850
    Sept 16: 13,290
    Sept 17: 9,473
    Sept 18: 6,354
    Sept 19: 6,082
    Sept 20: 6,000

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    The Fall Equinox is happening this week! Join this week's challenge to celebrate with a pileup of great habits -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10810606/fall-is-here-pile-up-some-wins#latest
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I feel like I'm trying to crawl my way back into my healthy lifestyle and it's not going so well. It started with my son's bday party last Monday. One day of off plan eating caused me to spiral out of control. One day turned to 2 then 3 and then a week. I've been trying to get back on my plan since Wednesday but end up giving up hlpart way through the day. I think it's mostly sugar cravings doing me in. Cake, chocolate, my son got a big bag of gummy bears at his party which are my favorite. Once I eat sugar, my body craves it which is why I usually just stay away. Today is a new day and so far I haven't eaten anything, just drinking water. I need to set some goals and stick to them. I think coming back here and checking in with everyone will help too. First, my steps
    9-14 6690
    9-15 3573
    9-16 2969
    9-17 4203
    9-18 7174
    9-19 3509
    9-20 5363

Todays Goals
    Log everything
    128oz of water
    No left over cake, no gummy bears

I'm just gonna try focusing on getting the sugar out and work from there.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Okay I have changed back to the MFP method ...I had the wrong activity level ... I was going by what I do exercise wise not what I do otherwise ...So I was eating way to much ...calories are set at 1650 + the calories I burn from working out ....I am also going back to weighing myself so I have that data ...I am hoping that I have it honed in :)

I hope this works for you. Are you going to eat all your exercise calories back? I have read so many varying opinions on this.

azkunk wrote: »
    Okay I have changed back to the MFP method ...I had the wrong activity level ... I was going by what I do exercise wise not what I do otherwise ...So I was eating way to much ...calories are set at 1650 + the calories I burn from working out ....I am also going back to weighing myself so I have that data ...I am hoping that I have it honed in :)

I was messing with my goals the other day and moved it to lightly active since I am actually getting at least a 30 minute walk and over 7K steps per day. When I did, it bumped my calories to almost 1500. I quickly changed it back. I decided in August that I would eat my calories back if I felt like it. I am still averaging 1200 calories per day but I allow myself the flexibility to go over if I have them available. It seems to be working.

You get your exercise calories from an adjustment from your Apple Watch right? I get a Fitbit calorie adjustment everyday. I need to get back to working on my average calories. I just lowered them yesterday so I will see how it goes this week.

mszoueb wrote: »
    Hi all,

Here for Monday weigh in. I'll be honest I don't actually know what my weight is this morning because the scales have gave me multiple readings ranging from 248.6, 248.8, 249 and 249.8. When I first stepped on it said 248.8, I was like omg then ran to get my phone from upstairs, came back down stepped back on said 249.8, tried a few more times and got 248.6 and then 249.. so I honestly have no clue!

Would it be an idea to use the 249.8 and see where my scales take me next week? It'd feel less of a hit if I were to go from the higher figure to whatever rather than the lower if that makes sense? Either way I'm taking all these measurements with a grain of salt as a few days ago I was still at 251.4.

CW: Who knows!

Sounds like your scales needs a new battery. I would go with the highest figure and see what happens next week. You have still lost since last week so well done! Try the battery and see what happens.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    Well, I must be the tortoise, slow and steady wins the race:
    Weight: 232.0 (down 0.8)
    I have to get better with water 💦
    I have been pretty good with tracking. There are a few times that I forget to track dinner, but by the end of the day, I’m exhausted!
    I do workout EVERYDAY. While I don’t get my 10,000 at least five days a week, I’m doing some type of physical activity daily.
    Steps:
    Sept 14: 5,382
    Sept 15: 5,850
    Sept 16: 13,290
    Sept 17: 9,473
    Sept 18: 6,354
    Sept 19: 6,082
    Sept 20: 6,000

Congrats on the loss! That’s great you workout everyday. I personally don’t get hung up on the 10,000 steps a day anymore. I was killing myself trying to meet that goal. I lowered my step goal on the Fitbit app and if I get more in a day it’s a bonus.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Hey all. I feel like I'm trying to crawl my way back into my healthy lifestyle and it's not going so well. It started with my son's bday party last Monday. One day of off plan eating caused me to spiral out of control. One day turned to 2 then 3 and then a week. I've been trying to get back on my plan since Wednesday but end up giving up hlpart way through the day. I think it's mostly sugar cravings doing me in. Cake, chocolate, my son got a big bag of gummy bears at his party which are my favorite. Once I eat sugar, my body craves it which is why I usually just stay away. Today is a new day and so far I haven't eaten anything, just drinking water. I need to set some goals and stick to them. I think coming back here and checking in with everyone will help too. First, my steps
    9-14 6690
    9-15 3573
    9-16 2969
    9-17 4203
    9-18 7174
    9-19 3509
    9-20 5363

Todays Goals
    Log everything
    128oz of water
    No left over cake, no gummy bears

I'm just gonna try focusing on getting the sugar out and work from there.

I am glad to see you have made your way back to the page. It is hard to get back on track when things start to spiral but you have made the right steps. Focus on one thing at a time. You can do this.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: none 0/5
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 4,107 0/5
    DBF: 0

If you don’t succeed try again. That’s my motto for the day. I am trying a new recipe today chicken breast. It is made in the crockpot but I am a bit nervous as I find chicken can be hit or miss when made like this. Keeping my crossed! 🤞

Have a great Monday!

Goals for week
    1. Walk at least 30 minutes 5x/week
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. 7,000 steps 5x/week
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi hi.
    I decided that I'm going to do the No sugar challenge again. Wish me luck.
    Steps
    16 17.566 steps
    17 11.057 steps
    18 5.024 steps
    19 10.469 steps
    20 13.056 steps
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,501 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970 wrote: »

I hope this works for you. Are you going to eat all your exercise calories back? I have read so many varying opinions on this.

I will be putting what my fitbit says that I burned :smile: .....I weighed myself this morning and it said 237.2 so we will see what it says on Friday :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Hey all. I feel like I'm trying to crawl my way back into my healthy lifestyle and it's not going so well. It started with my son's bday party last Monday. One day of off plan eating caused me to spiral out of control. One day turned to 2 then 3 and then a week. I've been trying to get back on my plan since Wednesday but end up giving up hlpart way through the day. I think it's mostly sugar cravings doing me in. Cake, chocolate, my son got a big bag of gummy bears at his party which are my favorite. Once I eat sugar, my body craves it which is why I usually just stay away. Today is a new day and so far I haven't eaten anything, just drinking water. I need to set some goals and stick to them. I think coming back here and checking in with everyone will help too.

I know the feeling. My daughter made cupcakes yesterday and I had to help her frost them. It was messy and a lot ended up on my hands piping bag burst). The sample of frosting I had made me really want the cupcake but I knew that was a slippery slope. Next week is her bday, so there will be another cake and more temptation. It’s so hard to pass up but if I don’t, the sugar addiction kicks in.

Don’t beat yourself up. Stay strong and get back on track. There will be lots of birthdays and celebrations and it’s ok to enjoy those things.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Could the following people update me on their steps please:

@AmyG1982 I need 9/17-9/20

@888Angie888 I need 9/19
    I need this so I can tally up the steps for week 3 ...Thanks Ladies :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    9/19- 8,369
    9/20- 7,697
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    9/19- 8,369
    9/20- 7,697

Thanks for the quick response :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I encourage everyone to try something new this week ...whether it is a new food or a new workout :)
  • dabbers18
    dabbers18 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    A day late but was on holiday.
    PW....219.4
    CW....219.4
    MAINTAINED
    STEPS.....36861
    Very happy that I stayed the same as I been away and ate loads. Fish and chips, cake, chocolate and 4 bottles of wine!! Not as much walking as I wanted but hubby got breathless on any incline or distance(due to his bypass)
    A great week away though.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    Weigh in Day is Monday

This week
    PW: 212.6 pounds
    CW: 217 pounds
    GAIN: 5.6 pounds-- YIKES!
    I knew it would be a gain with my counts this past week. Time to get serious about this if I want to make or be at least close to my goal by November. This quitting smoking is killing this goal. I figure the quitting smoking goal is more important then the weight at the moment. I can work on the weight harder after the smoking is done.

Steps 8753

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi hi.
    I decided that I'm going to do the No sugar challenge again. Wish me luck.
    Steps
    16 17.566 steps
    17 11.057 steps
    18 5.024 steps
    19 10.469 steps
    20 13.056 steps

What do you have to give up? Added sugar, sugary snacks ... ?

Megan_smartiepants1970 wrote: »

I will be putting what my fitbit says that I burned :smile: .....I weighed myself this morning and it said 237.2 so we will see what it says on Friday :)

I just sync my Fitbit with mfp. That way everything is done for me and no calculating.

dabbers18 wrote: »
    A day late but was on holiday.
    PW....219.4
    CW....219.4
    MAINTAINED
    STEPS.....36861
    Very happy that I stayed the same as I been away and ate loads. Fish and chips, cake, chocolate and 4 bottles of wine!! Not as much walking as I wanted but hubby got breathless on any incline or distance(due to his bypass)
    A great week away though.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Now I want fish and chips. 😂 Maintaining while on vacation is pretty darn good.

Scorpiogirl70
    Weigh in Day is Monday

This week
    PW: 212.6 pounds
    CW: 217 pounds
    GAIN: 5.6 pounds-- YIKES!
    I knew it would be a gain with my counts this past week. Time to get serious about this if I want to make or be at least close to my goal by November. This quitting smoking is killing this goal. I figure the quitting smoking goal is more important then the weight at the moment. I can work on the weight harder after the smoking is done.

Steps 8753

It is a 4.4lb gain not 5.6 so that is a little better. Quitting smoking has to be tough. Do the best you can with the weight loss but I think the no smoking is so important. Just the fact you are aware of that quitting tends to make you eat more should help. I am impressed with your determination to quit.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 35 minute 1/5
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 7,876 1/5
    DBF: 1

Well my supper was delicious last night. I love trying new recipes but I am so nervous that they won’t return out. My husband is a typical meat and potatoes guy so getting him to try something different is hard.

I had my granddaughter again this morning as my daughter has school today. I walked Norah to school so I got my walk in early this morning.

Goals for week
    1. Walk at least 30 minutes 5x/week
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. 7,000 steps 5x/week
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post August 21
    Yesterday went well. Day 1 of getting rid of the sugar cravings and back to my healthy lifestyle. The kids had cake after my son got home from school and now it is all gone, whew. There was a piece left but I managed to throw it away with their plates and declare the cake gone. I took my son to school, came home and ate lunch and then went for a walk around the neighborhood for an hour. I felt hungry all day from cravings but managed to stick to my meals and healthy snacks.

Steps 11085

Goals for today
    Log everything
    No gummy bears/sugar
    Go for a walk
This discussion has been closed.